Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,658 members, 7,840,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc - Phones (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc (1168646 Views)

Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by anitank(f): 1:55pm On Aug 10, 2013
walcolm:
Looks like you have a broken mic. You might want to return it for a replacement
i have taken it back and they gave me another one. Thanks so much dearie kiss
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by mokholar: 3:42pm On Aug 10, 2013
walcolm:

I use the unlimited plan without any problems or daily 10mb subscription. Just get the apn right and it should work

Wats the correct APN?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 4:51pm On Aug 10, 2013
mokholar:

Wats the correct APN?

I'm not sure the moderators allow sharing that information on the site anymore but you can call airtel customer service to get it. Airtel uses only a single apn setting for their data services and it should be easy for you to find
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 4:51pm On Aug 10, 2013
anitank: i have taken it back and they gave me another one. Thanks so much dearie kiss

You're welcome
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by anitank(f): 11:30am On Aug 11, 2013
No WhatsApp, user social, nuxtools, screen grabber for bb 10 series. Na wah oo
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 1:23pm On Aug 11, 2013
anitank: No WhatsApp, user social, nuxtools, screen grabber for bb 10 series. Na wah oo

you need to update your OS to get Whatsapp, Skype etc. you also need to update your apps from the Blackberry world

BB10 has a built in screen grabber....just press the Vol + and Vol - buttons together. you dont need a 3rd party app

the native twitter app on the BB10 is quite good if you update to the latest version
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 12, 2013
I wanted 2 really get d Z10 but dis expensive subscription plans is really putting me off, I'll just keep my money and enjoy my bold 4 until its dead
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 3:08pm On Aug 12, 2013
jimihendrix: I wanted 2 really get d Z10 but dis expensive subscription plans is really putting me off, I'll just keep my money and enjoy my bold 4 until its dead

Believe me, if cheap data plan is a key factor in your consideration then BlackBerry is your best choice as you know and the BlackBerry 10 devices can use the same plan you currently use on your bold 4
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:11pm On Aug 12, 2013
BLACKBERRY ID vs BLACKBERRY PIN

Folks,

as you are all aware, the BBM will be coming over to Android OS and iOS later this year. to help you prepare for the awesomeness that is about to come, i want to draw your attention to the importance of your Blackberry ID aka BBID as opposed to the world famous BB PIN

the PIN is unique to each BB device...so if you change your BB 10x a year, your PIN will change 10x in the year but the BBID on the other hand is a more pervasive element in the Blackberry experience

Since OS7, the BBID has become truly awesome in tying together every area of the Blackberry experience. so long as you maintain your BBID, your data (contacts, SMS, BBM list etc) follows you from device to device...gone are the days when you loose your BBM contact because ur BB got stolen or you bought a new BB

since Androids and iPhones don't have PIN, the BBID will become even more important going forward. those guys will use BBID exclusively to add BBM to their mobile life and all you have to do is give them your BBID and get their BBID to connect. i expect that they will be able to add BB users using the PIN but ultimately, BBID will become really popular because the BBID is an email address!!!!!

it is so much easier to remember an email address than to remember a PIN. i believe most BB users don't know other people's PIN offhand, heck, most can't even remember their own PIN offhand

did you know that you can initiate a BBM video to a BB10/Playbook acquaintance using the BBID rather than looking for the PIN?

so start getting comfortable with your BBID cool

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Deblow: 6:23pm On Aug 12, 2013
Pls guys a friend sent me a link to sideloading for android applications on my z10 and on getting there i saw beautiful applications quite alright but each time I clicked install button it says "can't install z10bars.net..." and when I downloaded it the reply was "can't open...." Please what do I do
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by cinammon(f): 8:24pm On Aug 12, 2013
I'm really so not happy with this crappy BB10 data plan..imagine I subscribed BBmaxim (3000) package and just after two weeks deyr telling me av exhausted my megabytes. So now I have to pay another 3k within two weeks.. I consider that an unfair theft nd extortion..shey I wud hav jus gone 4 android sef..does the BIS plan for Mtn work on bb10 perfectly?

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 9:06pm On Aug 12, 2013
cinammon: I'm really so not happy with this crappy BB10 data plan..imagine I subscribed BBmaxim (3000) package and just after two weeks deyr telling me av exhausted my megabytes. So now I have to pay another 3k within two weeks.. I consider that an unfair theft nd extortion..shey I wud hav jus gone 4 android sef..does the BIS plan for Mtn work on bb10 perfectly?

if you go to post #1 of this thread, you'll see the solution to your problem and if you look through the pages, you'll also see the same thing mentioned severally
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2013
Deblow: Pls guys a friend sent me a link to sideloading for android applications on my z10 and on getting there i saw beautiful applications quite alright but each time I clicked install button it says "can't install z10bars.net..." and when I downloaded it the reply was "can't open...." Please what do I do

you can't sideload directly to the BB10. you need a PC

you need to connect the BB10 device to a PC, download the .bar file and use appropriate software to sideload the app to the device
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by vozkini(m): 10:50am On Aug 13, 2013
Guys all.
Please help advice me. My brother wants to send Q10 blackberry to me from USA. He said it could be AT&T or T-mobile unlocked but will be brand new. I have bold 9900 T-mobile now and its works effectively in all the gsm network in nigeria.
My advice is will I have issue with any of the networks here in nigeria using it. Will it be compatiable? Please your advice is needed.

Thanks
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 2:56pm On Aug 13, 2013
vozkini: Guys all.
Please help advice me. My brother wants to send Q10 blackberry to me from USA. He said it could be AT&T or T-mobile unlocked but will be brand new. I have bold 9900 T-mobile now and its works effectively in all the gsm network in nigeria.
My advice is will I have issue with any of the networks here in nigeria using it. Will it be compatiable? Please your advice is needed.

Thanks

no you won't have any issues
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by prolifict: 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
cinammon: I'm really so not happy with this crappy BB10 data plan..imagine I subscribed BBmaxim (3000) package and just after two weeks deyr telling me av exhausted my megabytes. So now I have to pay another 3k within two weeks.. I consider that an unfair theft nd extortion..shey I wud hav jus gone 4 android sef..does the BIS plan for Mtn work on bb10 perfectly?

I have just swapped my sim from etisalat to glo,I have been their client for 3 months now on my Q10. I cant continue with the normal bb10 plan, I am using glo for 1400# and I guess I was given 3gig, just the normal bb complete monthly plan and its working fine.I advice you to get a another fone and swap your bb10 to glo or airtel.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by anitank(f): 4:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
I could be in the middle of something, my phone screen light would just go off, then back on again I'm about 3 to 5 seconds or more. Am beginning to think I made a mistake buying this phone. cry
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by vozkini(m): 5:16pm On Aug 13, 2013
@ walcolm,
Thanks its helpful. Ur advice
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by ciwi: 5:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
anitank: I could be in the middle of something, my phone screen light would just go off, then back on again I'm about 3 to 5 seconds or more. Am beginning to think I made a mistake buying this phone. cry
My dear u were sold a faulty phone. I haven't had any issues with my Q10 since I bought it. Rocking it wella
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Deblow: 3:21am On Aug 14, 2013
Thanks Walcolmn. But kindly tell me the appropriate software and the procedure for actually doing the side loading. thanks in anticipation
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:45am On Aug 14, 2013
anitank: I could be in the middle of something, my phone screen light would just go off, then back on again I'm about 3 to 5 seconds or more. Am beginning to think I made a mistake buying this phone. cry

i remember advising you to update your OS to at least 10.1 or better still, 10.1MR. have u done that?

the problem you described could be a software issue which has been fixed with those updates listed or it could be faulty hardware like someone mentioned above
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:58am On Aug 14, 2013
Deblow: Thanks Walcolmn. But kindly tell me the appropriate software and the procedure for actually doing the side loading. thanks in anticipation

http://crackberry.com/sideload-apps-your-blackberry-using-google-chrome
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by prolifict: 6:36pm On Aug 14, 2013
Hello guru's, does anyone know how to download videos through the browser from a Q10? It's playing but no download link, kindly help a brother out.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by ciwi: 6:40pm On Aug 14, 2013
prolifict: Hello guru's, does anyone know how to download videos through the browser from a Q10? It's playing but no download link, kindly help a brother out.
Here goes your answer
walcolm:

Long press on the hyperlink until the icon for download shows up on the right of your screen. Check my earlier post for screen shot
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2013
ciwi:
Here goes your answer

thanx
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Rowybest(f): 11:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
Tnx for this topic, Pls how do I download whatsapp and 2go on my Q10. it downloads but doesn't open.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 11:08pm On Aug 14, 2013
Rowybest: Tnx for this topic, Pls how do I download whatsapp and 2go on my Q10. it downloads but doesn't open.

do u have BlackBerry10 OS version 10.1?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Rowybest(f): 11:11pm On Aug 14, 2013
walcolm: So for all the new BB10 users. i am sure you have noticed an app on your shiny new BB10 called 'CONNECT TO DROPBOX'

in case you are wondering what it is, it is a cloud sharing app for saving files to a cloud drive so you can access it anywhere so long as you have access to internet service from any device.

all you have to do is log on to your 'dropbox account' from any device anywhere in the world and your files are available to you

dropbox gives you a 2GB cloud drive space for registering but if you use my link below, you get an additional 500MB once you install the dropbox to your computer.

note the emphasis on installation to a computer. it is because your computer acts as your master device and all your other devices reference it

http:///3X1B8UoH
click link above to get started (you can click the link from any device to register your account after which you then need to install the PC version to get the 500MB
my dropbox pictures don't open in my fone, why?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Rowybest(f): 11:14pm On Aug 14, 2013
walcolm:

do u have BlackBerry10 OS version 10.1?
I think so,it's sowing version 10.0.238.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by okeys112(m): 2:43am On Aug 15, 2013
Rowybest:
I think so,it's sowing version 10.0.238.

That's a 10.0 Operating System. You need a 10.1 OS update. Go to your Software update which can be found under settings to download the current available OS.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Rowybest(f): 3:47am On Aug 15, 2013
okeys112:

That's a 10.0 Operating System. You need a 10.1 OS update. Go to your Software update which can be found under settings to download the current available OS.
thanks alot but i just tried the update but it says i have the latest update, pls what do i do.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 7:15am On Aug 15, 2013
Rowybest: my dropbox pictures don't open in my fone, why?

can you see other files in your dropbox? the pictures in question were saved to dropbox from where?

Note:
Dropbox has to sync the pictures from one device to the 'cloud' before the pictures can now be rendered on another device e.g. pictures from your laptop has to sync to the dropbox 'cloud' and when you log on to dropbox from your BB, you will then be able to access those pictures

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (597) (Reply)

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.