Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc - Phones (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc (1166740 Views)

Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by kolidave: 9:27am On Jan 21, 2015
DealMogul:

Your retort is worthy of a reply, if not to achieve anything but to bring some light to your blatant ignorance.

That being said, I fear your ignorance is the size of a mountain so educating you is mission impossible...
ouchhhhh

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by tziz(m): 9:36am On Jan 21, 2015
DealMogul:

Your retort is worthy of a reply, if not to achieve anything but to bring some light to your blatant ignorance.

That being said, I fear your ignorance is the size of a mountain so educating you is mission impossible...
I swear, after i read the guy's comments, i just lost all hope, the ignorance is on his forehead! This type is unteachable! It makes me undastnd wy teachers in nigeria flog d hell out of som students..

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by DealMogul(m): 9:41am On Jan 21, 2015
walcolm:

I would have not bothered to revisit this discussion but for your opening statement in bold above

The definition of RRP....recommended retail price is the price at which an item is sold to the final consumer...as far as I know, Jumia, Konga, slot et al distribute devices so they won't get the devices at the price an end user will get it.

They will get at distributor prices and are free to add their margin...in regulated markets like NA and Europe, consumer protection agencies can ensure consumers are not extorted...not the case in a jungle like nigeria

So I still repeat, the 110k set by marketers in Nigeria has nothing to do with John Chen

The classic is not a flagship hardware wise but it's a premium device.

$449 at the time the device was released and listed at 110k on Jumia comes to just 75k at 165/$.

Maybe Chen is also responsible for the devaluation of the Naira?

It is apparent you don't understand my explanation given earlier...I would have preferred that you asked for clarification...

I never implied that Chen has a DIRECT impact on the final retail price of the Classic in Nigeria. What I implied was that the singular act of setting a RRP of $449 for a mid-range device aimed primarily at business people is a fail.

When you set a high RRP for such a device what do you expect after shocks like currency devaluation and continental policies (customs e.t.c.) affect the final retail price?

Or do you mean to say that Microsoft is doing something magical to bring down the RRP of their own mid-range devices?

Take for example the Lumia brand which we can say isn't as pervasive as Blackberry in many continents. What Microsoft is doing is to fix the RRP for mid-range devices as low as possible such that it can get sold in droves. That is a strategy.

Our argument that the Classic is a premium device is completely false, please. It is a MID RANGE device. If it was premium, it would have a chassis made of toughened aluminium and the innards would sport top-of-the-line specs (13MP back camera, over 2.0 GHz processing speed and 3-4Gb RAM are now the norm for premium devices. You can check into this...)

I repeat and stand to be corrected, Blackberry is struggling to fly of the shelves. I repeated this because it appears you missed that part of my earlier argument even though this is common knowledge both in the tech world and with consumers. I wouldn't even go as far as doing a poll 'cos I know the outcome...

I'm not a Blackberry basher (wording mine); far from it, I am a super fan of the BBOS ahead of even Android OS. However, I am no blind fan, and I wouldn't shy away from saying the truth when it's meant to be said...

The pricing of the Classic is wrong, just as the pricing of the Z10 at initial launch...Trust me, you don't need a soothsayer to tell that the RRP of the Classic will go south before the end of the year...not because of massive sales but 'cos of minimal sales...

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lordmayor4(m): 10:22am On Jan 21, 2015
akinola1384:
av send u txt but not deliever

Sorry my phone was off
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by reaky(m): 10:25am On Jan 21, 2015
adebasket97:

superb. thanks bro. God bless you

We are happy to help
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Osinitu(m): 1:18pm On Jan 21, 2015
reaky:

Welcome we are happy to help
Sorry to bother you again, please do you know if glo BIS on bb10 can be used on a PC via hotspot?

Thanks
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by kolidave: 1:48pm On Jan 21, 2015
Opeyemi5:
not superb but just ok.
bros d network no Ok at all. been trying to download a file since morning and d network no gree me. to chat self na issue. d network is so frustrating
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by tziz(m): 2:19pm On Jan 21, 2015
Osinitu:
Sorry to bother you again, please do you know if glo BIS on bb10 can be used on a PC via hotspot?

Thanks
Yes it can.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by aliyug79: 2:47pm On Jan 21, 2015
BUY MTN DATA SHARED @ CHEAPER RATE:
1GB...1300 NAIRA
2GB...2400 NAIRA
3GB ...3600 NAIRA.
Call 08053635768 & 08143285527.
thankz.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Osinitu(m): 2:50pm On Jan 21, 2015
tziz:

Yes it can.
Thanks baba!!

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by uchemummy(f): 3:12pm On Jan 21, 2015
Somebody shld help me pls. My bbz10 is not showing my sim contacts. I cant see numbers and names.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Opeyemi5(m): 3:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
kolidave:
bros d network no Ok at all. been trying to download a file since morning and d network no gree me. to chat self na issue. d network is so frustrating
bro it's a general stuff.aving d same issue here
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lordmayor4(m): 3:50pm On Jan 21, 2015
BlackBerry Q10 still available

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by tziz(m): 4:32pm On Jan 21, 2015
uchemummy:
Somebody shld help me pls. My bbz10 is not showing my sim contacts. I cant see numbers and names.
Open 'Contacts', swipe down from the top of the screen, select 'Settings', scroll down n select Sim contacts.
U can also untick the contacts source u dnt want to show up in ur contacts book.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by kolidave: 4:51pm On Jan 21, 2015
Opeyemi5:
bro it's a general stuff.aving d same issue here
chaiiiii
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by kolidave: 4:54pm On Jan 21, 2015
registered glo sim with 3gb for sale at 1200. negotiation is welcome.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by stephenqueen: 5:56pm On Jan 21, 2015
Please house help me,my blackberry z3 battery drain faster.please help a brother
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:57pm On Jan 21, 2015
DealMogul:

It is apparent you don't understand my explanation given earlier...I would have preferred that you asked for clarification...

I never implied that Chen has a DIRECT impact on the final retail price of the Classic in Nigeria. What I implied was that the singular act of setting a RRP of $449 for a mid-range device aimed primarily at business people is a fail.

When you set a high RRP for such a device what do you expect after shocks like currency devaluation and continental policies (customs e.t.c.) affect the final retail price?

Or do you mean to say that Microsoft is doing something magical to bring down the RRP of their own mid-range devices?

Take for example the Lumia brand which we can say isn't as pervasive as Blackberry in many continents. What Microsoft is doing is to fix the RRP for mid-range devices as low as possible such that it can get sold in droves. That is a strategy.

Our argument that the Classic is a premium device is completely false, please. It is a MID RANGE device. If it was premium, it would have a chassis made of toughened aluminium and the innards would sport top-of-the-line specs (13MP back camera, over 2.0 GHz processing speed and 3-4Gb RAM are now the norm for premium devices. You can check into this...)

I repeat and stand to be corrected, Blackberry is struggling to fly of the shelves. I repeated this because it appears you missed that part of my earlier argument even though this is common knowledge both in the tech world and with consumers. I wouldn't even go as far as doing a poll 'cos I know the outcome...

I'm not a Blackberry basher (wording mine); far from it, I am a super fan of the BBOS ahead of even Android OS. However, I am no blind fan, and I wouldn't shy away from saying the truth when it's meant to be said...

The pricing of the Classic is wrong, just as the pricing of the Z10 at initial launch...Trust me, you don't need a soothsayer to tell that the RRP of the Classic will go south before the end of the year...not because of massive sales but 'cos of minimal sales...

your opinion or mine on how much the phone should sell is irrelevant and has no effect on anything....and the price of any device goes south with time as a natural course of its life cycle so you're not exactly shedding any wisdoms there

BlackBerry; the company has never been known to price their devices like Tecno and its not the business of the company to worry about currency shocks in Nigeria or anywhere else for that matter

if BB is struggling to fly off the shelf, how come its over priced here in Nigeria? if no one is buying how are the kongas of this world selling at the exploitative price they're selling it? that is just one example so consider yourself corrected

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by siegfried99(m): 7:01pm On Jan 21, 2015
reaky:
For sale
Cleaner than new z30 ₦45.000
Reason for sale
D owner want to buy passport

Why all of una dey steal my trade mark statement grin

40k we deal.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Opeyemi5(m): 7:40pm On Jan 21, 2015
Mykcool:
it is, am currently using 10.3.1.1016, u can try it out
bro am tryn to download it with a bold6 but its telln me file to large on ucbrowser.pls advice
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by reaky(m): 7:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
siegfried99:

Why all of una dey steal my trade mark statement grin

40k we deal.

Hehehe trademark

45k bro and we deal
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lovemko(m): 8:34pm On Jan 21, 2015
reaky:
For sale
Cleaner than new z30 ₦45.000
Reason for sale
D owner want to buy passport

hook me up bro ... 98% interested..
lazy to call/whatsapp ? u can drop ur own contacts kiss
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by jeccy(f): 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
Pls hw much is a new q5 charger? Misplaced d one dt came wit my fone
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by reaky(m): 9:57pm On Jan 21, 2015
lovemko:

hook me up bro ... 98% interested..
lazy to call/whatsapp ? u can drop ur own contacts kiss

Let me know when your 100%
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by dandollar1: 10:39pm On Jan 21, 2015
Good evening, good people. My Z30 fell into water this afternoon,it was not completely immerse though, become I quickly pulled it out. I quickly cleaned it and continued using it.After about 3hours,it started showing 'sim card not detected.' on removing the back cover and sim,I discovered the sim slot was wet. I immediately placed the phone in a bowl of raw rice grin on getting home this evening,the sim card has refused to stick inside the sim slot. What ever it is that holds it inside the sim slot has gone haywire sad embarassed. Please, what a could be the problem,House?, can it be fixed? Every other thing works fine.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Juliano47(m): 11:09pm On Jan 21, 2015
jeccy:
Pls hw much is a new q5 charger? Misplaced d one dt came wit my fone
Got mine for a Thousand here in Lagos....if you know your way around, that is. Hope you know an Original Charger?! Hope you know also that; Q5 select chargers. Don't get cheated. Safe. smiley
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Juliano47(m): 11:13pm On Jan 21, 2015
dandollar1:
Good evening, good people. My Z30 fell into water this afternoon,it was not completely immerse though, become I quickly pulled it out. I quickly cleaned it and continued using it.After about 3hours,it started showing 'sim card not detected.' on removing the back cover and sim,I discovered the sim slot was wet. I immediately placed the phone in a bowl of raw rice grin on getting home this evening,the sim card has refused to stick inside the sim slot. What ever it is that holds it inside the sim slot has gone haywire sad embarassed. Please, what a could be the problem,House?, can it be fixed? Every other thing works fine.
couldn't find the Joke in this post...wonder why the Teeth. yes of course it can be solved...go to CV if you're in Lagos. or obosi plaza if you're someplace near to Alaba international. Safe.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Juliano47(m): 11:19pm On Jan 21, 2015
Tried installing BlackBerry link on my office computer so I can update my phone seeing as I flashed it 3 days ago. When the installation nears its end ; I got a pop that the installation wasn't successful that bblink needs windows blah blah or later to install (not sure I got the text as it was). Then, I tried updating from the phone....but it says the file is too large to be downloaded that I should connect wifi. no wifi....i ain't got it nomore. house, Pls; is there some other way to update my OS?! (Autoloader uses bblink)
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Mykcool(m): 12:59am On Jan 22, 2015
Opeyemi5:
bro am tryn to download it with a bold6 but its telln me file to large on ucbrowser.pls advice
bro use a laptop, because u'll still need a laptop to load it on the phone
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by scarr: 1:06am On Jan 22, 2015
reaky:

Bro na themes b that o
But I don't know the one he applied it from
Look at the wallpaper u will c d names of d themes
App he installed on d phone

1 themes
2 Hdthemes
Download and check
Aii ok make I check am
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by kolidave: 2:07am On Jan 22, 2015
now playing spiderman unlimited ony z3. superb game,no doubt

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (597) (Reply)

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.