Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,458 members, 7,843,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc - Phones (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc (1169016 Views)

Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by beedam(f): 11:17pm On Dec 06, 2013
walcolm:

Which OS version are you on ?
. 10.2.0.210
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Rowybest(f): 11:21pm On Dec 06, 2013
beedam: . 10.2.0.210
yes
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by cupid4ig(m): 11:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
Rowybest: Pls it's asking for APN settings, what do I do there.
put airtel apn. Internet.zain.ng.com
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:16am On Dec 07, 2013
Hi Walcolm, I just installed d BB 10.2 update on my Q10, but can't seem to find the radio app.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by frekyfrik(f): 1:34am On Dec 07, 2013
Walcolm and your crew, just want to take out time to thank you for a job well done. This thread has been of tremendous help not just 2 me but to a whole lot of people. From knowing d appropriate network 2 go with (BIS - wise), to knowing how to maximize my Z10 to its utmost potential, u guys rock kiss!!!!

We don't need 2 be in d white house or Villa 2 impact d world, You are doing it already!! God bless your kind n patient heart always n more grease 2 your elbows!!!

3 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Mystiqme: 3:13am On Dec 07, 2013
^^^^^nicely said.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lymelyte(m): 4:13am On Dec 07, 2013
RICHIE BOI: Hi Walcolm, I just installed d BB 10.2 update on my Q10, but can't seem to find the radio app.
Go to your music player.u will find it there
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Rowybest(f): 4:43am On Dec 07, 2013
cupid4ig: put airtel apn. Internet.zain.ng.com
tnx but this is what I got when I typed that.
Apn settings can't be verified. Check the apn settings and try again.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by donaemeka(m): 5:34am On Dec 07, 2013
walcolm:

Yeah

Dis is hw it's alws been and only 9 numbers are backed up and restored. Only 9
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by donaemeka(m): 5:36am On Dec 07, 2013
Rowybest: tnx but this is what I got when I typed that.
Apn settings can't be verified. Check the apn settings and try again.

It's internet.ng.airtel.com

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by donaemeka(m): 6:28am On Dec 07, 2013
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:53am On Dec 07, 2013
Did you tamper with your apn setting ? If the answer is no, then you don't need to do anything.
Once the phone starts receiving data signal again that prompt should clear
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by kdf3449(m): 10:05am On Dec 07, 2013
Dear House,

In my call log of my bold 5, i can easily see all the call history of any number i have called or received ( to help me know if i have had communication with any new number before, i don't know if you understand me)... but in my Q10, the numbers are always scattered in the log. I don't know if there is a way i can view the call history as it is in bold 5. I hope i was able to explain properly
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 10:19am On Dec 07, 2013
When you long press on a number in the phone log, an icon with 'i' shows up on the right.

Click it and you can see the history of the number
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by kdf3449(m): 11:17am On Dec 07, 2013
walcolm: When you long press on a number in the phone log, an icon with 'i' shows up on the right.

Click it and you can see the history of the number

Thanks bro. But its showing only the history of that day. Bold 5 could show you the call history up to a month or so.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Rowybest(f): 12:14pm On Dec 07, 2013
walcolm: Did you tamper with your apn setting ? If the answer is no, then you don't need to do anything.
Once the phone starts receiving data signal again that prompt should clear
alright, tnk u
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by anitank(f): 1:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
frekyfrik: Walcolm and your crew, just want to take out time to thank you for a job well done. This thread has been of tremendous help not just 2 me but to a whole lot of people. From knowing d appropriate network 2 go with (BIS - wise), to knowing how to maximize my Z10 to its utmost potential, u guys rock kiss!!!!

We don't need 2 be in d white house or Villa 2 impact d world, You are doing it already!! God bless your kind n patient heart always n more grease 2 your elbows!!!
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 2:24pm On Dec 07, 2013
Thanks @frekyfrik and @anitank
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:46pm On Dec 07, 2013
pls am on the new BB 10 update. How can i password my pics on my Q10. i heard pics can be passworded on the new update.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by RICHIEBOI1(m): 3:48pm On Dec 07, 2013
Hi Walcolm, pls how can i blacklist any contact or spam messages on my Q10 with this new update 10.2.1 ?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by blacqueen(f): 4:06pm On Dec 07, 2013
am launching my z10 now....av finally gotten d micro sim....kindly list out to great apps to install to enjoy d fone to d fullest....i used to be an android user...my z10 is stl100-3...thanks
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 4:56pm On Dec 07, 2013
Depends on your interests....i will suggest you look for the android apps you had on your previous device on BlackBerry world
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 5:05pm On Dec 07, 2013
RICHIE BOI: Hi Walcolm, pls how can i blacklist any contact or spam messages on my Q10 with this new update 10.2.1 ?

Not sure you can blacklist someone on calls and sms although you can block them from sending you bbm request
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 5:09pm On Dec 07, 2013
RICHIE BOI: pls am on the new BB 10 update. How can i password my pics on my Q10. i heard pics can be passworded on the new update.

Maybe I haven't noticed that feature yet but I'm not sure you can lock your pictures. What I know of is that you can use a picture to lock your device rather than typing in a password to unlock the device
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by gykes(m): 6:05pm On Dec 07, 2013
Has anybody tried etisalat his on bb10?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by donaemeka(m): 7:54pm On Dec 07, 2013
gykes: Has anybody tried etisalat his on bb10?

Yes I have
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by blacqueen(f): 10:02pm On Dec 07, 2013
my fone does not connect with data service...its saying i should connect to wifi....pls help
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 11:23pm On Dec 07, 2013
Do you have data subscription?
Is your apn setting correct?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:57pm On Dec 07, 2013
walcolm:

Maybe I haven't noticed that feature yet but I'm not sure you can lock your pictures. What I know of is that you can use a picture to lock your device rather than typing in a password to unlock the device

These are the new features i saw of the new OS 10.2.1. they are Awesome -

OS 10.2.1 is not yet officially available, however the recent leak of OS
10.2.1.1055 has given us an incredible look at the load of new features
that will be included in the update. This is perhaps the biggest update
yet and includes features such as customizable quick settings, native
APK installs, picture password, Q10 speed dials, contact groups and much
more.

Remote search of emails older than 60 days
Bluetooth Sharing through Android Runtime
Video Call has the new call screen
FM Radio (Only Q10, Q5, Z30.. Z10 does not support this)
Wi-Fi Direct
Miracast
Share Screen
Direct Install of APK Files on device through File Manager or Browser
Media Volume displays at top of screen
New incoming call screen
Update to Device Monitor app
Update to Data Monitor app
Clock App includes Accuweather information
Flashlight app added (can be accessed from Quick Settings)
Ability to arrange accounts in the Hub
Pinch gesture in the Hub for quick access to specified messages
Changes to battery icon
Changes to charging icon
Battery shows percentage in peek view
Updates to native weather app
New Quick Settings functionality for dropdown menu
Updates to Media Player
Added Picture Password
Speed Dial from homescreen (Q10)
Added Contact Groups
Custom contact profiles for email, SMS, BBM and phone calls
Delete options from Hub (device and/or server)
Face detection toggle in Camera
Airplane-Mode automatically turned on in Bedside Mode
Lockscreen previews open directly to application
New native wallpapers added
Next email toggle inside email messages
Updated Twitter app
BBM adds vibrate on ping and new emoticons
White balance adjuster in display settings
IBM notes traveler in accounts settings
Wolfram Alpha commands

Dropdown Menu now includes:
Flashlight App Button (new app to 10.2.1.xxxx)
Brightness Adjustment
Location Toggle Switch
Device Monitor App Button (new app to 10.2.1.xxxx)
Tethering Toggle Switch
Hotspot Toggle Switch
NFC Toggle Switch
Flight mode Toggle Switch (airplane mode)
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by kdf3449(m): 7:59am On Dec 08, 2013
RICHIE BOI:

These are the new features i saw of the new OS 10.2.1. they are Awesome -

OS 10.2.1 is not yet officially available, however the recent leak of OS
10.2.1.1055 has given us an incredible look at the load of new features
that will be included in the update. This is perhaps the biggest update
yet and includes features such as customizable quick settings, native
APK installs, picture password, Q10 speed dials, contact groups and much
more.

Remote search of emails older than 60 days
Bluetooth Sharing through Android Runtime
Video Call has the new call screen
FM Radio (Only Q10, Q5, Z30.. Z10 does not support this)
Wi-Fi Direct
Miracast
Share Screen
Direct Install of APK Files on device through File Manager or Browser
Media Volume displays at top of screen
New incoming call screen
Update to Device Monitor app
Update to Data Monitor app
Clock App includes Accuweather information
Flashlight app added (can be accessed from Quick Settings)
Ability to arrange accounts in the Hub
Pinch gesture in the Hub for quick access to specified messages
Changes to battery icon
Changes to charging icon
Battery shows percentage in peek view
Updates to native weather app
New Quick Settings functionality for dropdown menu
Updates to Media Player
Added Picture Password
Speed Dial from homescreen (Q10)
Added Contact Groups
Custom contact profiles for email, SMS, BBM and phone calls
Delete options from Hub (device and/or server)
Face detection toggle in Camera
Airplane-Mode automatically turned on in Bedside Mode
Lockscreen previews open directly to application
New native wallpapers added
Next email toggle inside email messages
Updated Twitter app
BBM adds vibrate on ping and new emoticons
White balance adjuster in display settings
IBM notes traveler in accounts settings
Wolfram Alpha commands

Dropdown Menu now includes:
Flashlight App Button (new app to 10.2.1.xxxx)
Brightness Adjustment
Location Toggle Switch
Device Monitor App Button (new app to 10.2.1.xxxx)
Tethering Toggle Switch
Hotspot Toggle Switch
NFC Toggle Switch
Flight mode Toggle Switch (airplane mode)

Wow this is cool. Have you been able to upgrade to the new OS 10.2.1? Pls how do i upgrade mine?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by RICHIEBOI1(m): 8:50am On Dec 08, 2013
kdf3449:

Wow this is cool. Have you been able to upgrade to the new OS 10.2.1? Pls how do i upgrade mine?

Yes I have. The new update is mind-blowing. I'll send you the link later. But the link is for Q10. Thanks to Walcolm wink
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by holusormi(m): 9:14am On Dec 08, 2013
RICHIE BOI:

Yes I have. The new update is mind-blowing. I'll send you the link later. But the link is for Q10. Thanks to Walcolm wink

pls bro,i also need the link and can u just briefly explain how to load it ??...ii already have blackberry link on my system, juss a lil explanation...(am a fast learner**winks**)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (597) (Reply)

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.