Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,125 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

How Do You Help Speech- Impaired Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Help Speech- Impaired Children (1825 Views)

My Sister Is Abandoned By Her Husband With Her Pregnancy, Needs You Help / Would You Marry Your Fiance Who Got Physically Impaired Few Weeks To D Wedding? / 'Can You Help Please? Trying To Trace My Grandfather, Ola Coker' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Help Speech- Impaired Children by mysticgal(f): 8:36pm On Mar 30, 2013
i asked a girl to lead the children choir but she said she was a bad stammerer,so she could'nt do it.how would you help such a kid?
Re: How Do You Help Speech- Impaired Children by True2myself24(f): 3:00am On Mar 31, 2013
She needs to see a speech therapists, they would be better qualified to help. All you can do is encourage her and let her know you have faith in her despite the fact that she stammers.
Re: How Do You Help Speech- Impaired Children by Mynd44: 6:19am On Mar 31, 2013
^^
True but unfortunately, such services are not available around here and that's what I think the OP meant.

@OP, you would do well not to put that child in situation which might lead to the child being ridiculed but you should also help the child by making him/her understand that just cos he/she stutters does not mean he/she is less human and help the child boost confidence.

Advising the child to take a deep breathe before speajing also works
Re: How Do You Help Speech- Impaired Children by efosanice: 3:37pm On Mar 31, 2013
speech therapist are available in lagos
Re: How Do You Help Speech- Impaired Children by Mynd44: 4:02pm On Mar 31, 2013
efosanice: speech therapist are available in lagos
I did not know that. But how about in a place like Kogi state?
Re: How Do You Help Speech- Impaired Children by mysticgal(f): 10:22pm On Mar 31, 2013
but i live in abuja,btw i encouraged her,though there was a little stutter,buh she sang beautifully.
Re: How Do You Help Speech- Impaired Children by greatgod2012(f): 3:33am On Apr 01, 2013
mysticgal: but i live in abuja,btw i encouraged her,though there was a little stutter,buh she sang beautifully.

then, she can make it, with continous encouragement and constant practice and love, she can overcome it.
May God help us all.
Re: How Do You Help Speech- Impaired Children by mysticgal(f): 9:05am On Apr 01, 2013
though she sang out of encouragement,she cried cos of the stammer,with her hands,head,it wasn't funny at all.u understand
Re: How Do You Help Speech- Impaired Children by obyikye(f): 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2013
I am in, I also need help!
my last child stammers though she is just 2plus.
Her teacher complained that she doesnt talk n ths class, she stays on her own. But she can sing very well-national anthem and school anthem.
Re: How Do You Help Speech- Impaired Children by mysticgal(f): 5:55am On Apr 02, 2013
obyikye do you stammer too?
Re: How Do You Help Speech- Impaired Children by Maximus85(m): 4:43pm On Apr 04, 2013
Yeah, an individual that stammers will definitely sing well without any difficulty. There was this movie that I saw... KING's SPEECH. It will definitely help.
Re: How Do You Help Speech- Impaired Children by andyanders: 9:53pm On Apr 04, 2013
mysticgal: i asked a girl to lead the children choir but she said she was a bad stammerer,so she could'nt do it.how would you help such a kid?

There are speech therapist and Speech Language Pathologist who can handle and help get them improved or corrected.Many such places in The US.
Re: How Do You Help Speech- Impaired Children by mysticgal(f): 9:00am On Apr 05, 2013
i will be gratefull to get a therapist,only if her parents dont object,and i tried seaching for one in abuja,but cant find,pls can some1 help me
Re: How Do You Help Speech- Impaired Children by obyikye(f): 2:38am On Jun 17, 2013
Nope, I do not stammer. The help I needed was actually for my daughter.
mysticgal: obyikye do you stammer too?

(1) (Reply)

Angry Mob Cuts Off Man's Joystick For Raping A 3-year-old Girl In Brazil-pic / When Your Wife Becomes Less Attractive And Romantic After Some Years Of Marriag / Bonaza!!! Iroko Subscriptions @1k Only For 12month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.