Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? (20570 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell / Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Nnannanzewi(m): 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2013
@Staggerman,Paul,Peter and John preached about Hell even our Lord Jesus gave a narration of Lazarus and the rich man!

1 Like

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by oomen(m): 5:31pm On Apr 28, 2013
Because being in a church is one of the fundamental criteria to go to heaven & not hell.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by efe22(m): 5:32pm On Apr 28, 2013
The only true prosperity message to preach to people is telling them to seek the Kingdom of God first and His righeousness and believe me every other good things shall continue to manifest automatically. That's power of sins must be broken completely and then you start to live in holiness within and without. By this, you are free from hell fire already with the help of the Holy Ghost now dwelling in you. Salvation is the greatest thing on earth. By the way this teaching of hell has just gone from 100% to 120% in my church...no reduction since the inception of the ministry and the main reason why new members don't stay long there. Truth cannot be buried and if you do, it will resurrect again. I have been to many churches and even watch many on tv but am yet to find any that preaches raw truth in season and out of season. Lastly, is it everyone that calls himself pastor a true pastor? NO. Many are there for their own belly and any body that worship in such church will receive the same purnishment that await such MOG on the last day because in the time of ignorance, God overlooked but now commands all to repent. Do not allow pastor deceive you with their self proclaim righteousness vain words...let Jesus and the WORD be your guide. Pastor, bishop, prophet, GO e.t.c is just a name or title and they can do nothing. Jesus does His work and they are just previledged to be used as a vessel unto honor. You reading now can do better than them if you submit yourself to God completely.
So if your church does not preach salvation (being saved from hell fire or hades or abyss) then flee flee flee
May God have mercy on us.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by achi4u(m): 5:48pm On Apr 28, 2013
ifebosco: is there any hell fire on earth like living in most african countries without basic amenities??please my people tellme
The most senseable post so far.
Africa is a replica of hell fire so we can't continue suffering hell...let oyibo people go taste amgrin

1 Like

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Ayodeb(m): 6:04pm On Apr 28, 2013
If you have King James Version please open it and read Amos 9:2, and Acts 2:31. Can someone explain this for me please? Again there is a portion in the book of Revelation I cannot remember now that says "death and hell were cast into the lake of fire, which is second death." Meaning what?
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Aringarosa(m): 6:35pm On Apr 28, 2013
The pastors of today can perform all the miracle that Jesus performed except feeding the poor. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by bigpastor(m): 6:36pm On Apr 28, 2013
tobechi74: Catholic still preach about it
but more of purgatory than of Hell fire.
Jesus not only taught righteousness, peace and joy.
He told the story of the rich fool who went to he'll fire where the worms doeth not and the fire is not quenched
He'll is real
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by ceaz4r(m): 6:37pm On Apr 28, 2013
staggerman: Jesus did not send anyone to preach about hell, death and lake of fire. He sent His disciples to preach about the KINGDOM OF GOD (RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE AND JOY IN THE HOLY GHOST)

This is your own understanding of the Holy Bible & the teachings of JESUS CHRIST? Pity... Come what Bible do you people even read? Keep practising selective reading.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by InvertedHammer: 6:50pm On Apr 28, 2013

You have to preach what's en vogue.
You cannot scare a fish with water.
Bullet no dey catch wind!

If you preach about HELL in Nigeria you will be broke
because Nigerians are living in hell already.

So, you can only make it if you preach about HOPE and how to get out of the hell,
which by Nigeria understanding is prosperity.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by babadem2much(m): 6:52pm On Apr 28, 2013
eghuan1: cos its more proffitable to preach about money
U C uRSELF, u are even confuse about ur faith. mtchewwwwwwwwzzzzzz
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by blackbeau1(f): 7:12pm On Apr 28, 2013
it has reduced because many preachers are so bent on getting rich @ all costs and they are afraid of losing half of their congregation because the congregation only wants to hear stuff about prosperity and healing
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by sammied(m): 7:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
Jesus never gave anyone the assignment to preach hell...His commission was ; Preach that the kingdom of God has come..heal the sick...cast out demons...raise the dead..cleanse the lepers..freely you have received...freely give...
The cure for darkness is light...HEAVEN IS THE FOCUS not hell...so y preach hell? and not HEAVEN!!
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Mintayo(m): 7:23pm On Apr 28, 2013
sammie-d:
Jesus never gave anyone the assignment to preach hell...His commission was ; Preach that the kingdom of God has come..heal the sick...cast out demons...raise the dead..cleanse the lepers..freely you have received...freely give...
The cure for darkness is light...HEAVEN IS THE FOCUS not hell...so y preach hell? and not HEAVEN!!

and what happens to those that do not accept the message?
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 28, 2013
Because the Preachers have figured out the truth; THERE IS NOTHING LIKE HELL FIRE!!!
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Ilekokonit: 7:43pm On Apr 28, 2013
Take away the gift of the gab (the powers of story telling, eloquent speech, persuasion and seduction) from our Pastors and you will see that they have nothing to offer apart from the psychology and the feel good mantra they read from books published by American Pastors.

How many Nigerian Pastors are bold enough to publicly go onto our streets that are filled with disabled beggars and pray for a miraculous healing for the disabled beggars ??

Why have they shamefully shied away from invoking God's miraculous power in public for all including non members of their church to see ?

Is it because they were not called by God but they called themselves into ministry

What is missing in their faith ? Afterall Jesus said the works that he did shall ye do also.

Our Pastors will not hammer on and try to manifest the miraculous power in the name of Jesus and they will not preach on Holiness withouth which no one shall see God, instead, what Nigerian Pastors major on is the Tithe message in Malachi 3:10 - Will a man Rob God ? Yet you have robbed me in Tithes and offering. Bring all the tithes into the storehouse that there may be meat in my house and prove me whether I will not open the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing.

MOST Nigerian pastors are mainly interested in this "Tit for Tat" exchange of your Tithes into the church bank account and don't really give a damn whether you get a blessing as promised in Malachi 3:10 or not As long as the balance in the church bank account keeps growing weekly then the "General Overseer" and his family's future wealth is guaranteed.

Is Malachi 3:10 the main gospel in the bible ? Malachi is even in the old testament whilst the gospel of Jesus Christ is in the new testament but our Jet hopping, Tax collector pastors will focus mainly on scripture that will perpetuate wealth and opulence for them, their wives and silverspoon kids and further solidify the real estate empire that they are intent of competing with other prosperity preachers to build across the globe.

3 Likes

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by folakukltd: 7:48pm On Apr 28, 2013
Thank you @ Staggerman, Preaching about the good news of Christ and the Kingdom of God
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Michyeddy(f): 8:02pm On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:

Matthew 25:41
"Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels ...' "

If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It's better to enter eternal life with only one hand than to go into the unquenchable fires of hell with two hands. Mark 9:43

Jude 7
And don't forget Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring towns, which were filled with immorality and every kind of sexual perversion. Those cities were destroyed by fire and serve as a warning of the eternal fire of God's judgment.

Revelation 20:15
And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.

... and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.Revelation 20:10
this is the truth and will always be the truth..HELL IS REAL
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Mintayo(m): 8:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
Please if you are attending a church that does not believe in HELL,please RUN, HELL is REAL,HEAVEN is REAL; even the devil(demons) believe there is Hell.
So bad so many churches don't talk abt it this days...
How will there be heaven and there won't be hell,don't be decieved.
The Bible declares in certain terms that ther is HELL;there are 162 texts in the NT alone that speak of the doom that awaits the unrepentant sinners;the Lord Himself uttered 70 of them. The Bible makes it clear all wicked ppl that Reject Jesus will be turned into hell.(Ps 9:17).
WHAT IS HELL?
Hell is a place of torment and purnishments,(Lk 16:23); it is abarnishment from d presence of God(2 thess. 1:9).
WHAT IS THE ORIGIN OF HELL?
Hell was originally prepared for THE DEVIL AND HIS WICKED ANGELS according to
(Matt 25:41)-'' And the king will turn to those on the left and say,' Away with you, you cursed ones,into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons...

Hell was NEVER INTENDED FOR MAN but if men insist on rejecting heaven through the Saviour Jesus Christ,then they must accompany satan forever.
WHAT IS HELL LIKE?
IT IS APLACE OF PURNISHMENTS, a sort of prison where the wicked ar purnished forever(Matt 25:46); a torment of unquenchable thirst,of suffering and agony at its worst(Lk 16:23). A place of fire,fire so hot even angels who go there will continually cry in pain despite there strength;the will be so much that the devil will call JESUS ''Lord'' when the pains bcome unbearable for him.(Isaiah 33:14, Rev 20:15, Matt 13:42-50). It is a place of supernatural worms because the worm there don't die(Mark 9:44-48). The worst part of it is that those who go there will recognise themselves just as in heaven(Lk 16:23), they will even pray but there prayers will not be answered-NO MORE GRACE,(Lk 16:27).the torment is everlasting because the Bible says that both HEAVEN AND HELL IS EVRLASTING.(GOD SAYS SO).
PLEASE NOTE.
1. SALVATION IS LIMITED TO THIS LIFE(EARTH). NO REPENTANCE ONCE YOU DIE OR IN GRAVE(LK 16:24-27).
2. HELL IS DIFFERENT FROM GRAVE,(PLS DON'T BE DECIVED)-REMEMBER THE STORY OF LAZARUS AND THE RICH MAN?
ALSO- HEBREW 9:27.

CONCLUSION
HOW DOES ONE GO TO HELL? SIMPLY BY NEGLECTING THE SALVATION PURCHASED FOR US BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS.
(HEBREWS 2:3)
3. So what makes us think we can ignore this great salvation that was first announced to us by the Lord Jesus Himself and then delivered to us by those who heard him speak? (NLT).

HOW DOES ONE AVOID HELL?-BY RECIEVEING AND ACCEPTING JESUS AS ONE'S LORD AND SAVIOUR,NO MORE NO LESS(John 3:16, Prov 15: 24).
WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE?

GOD BLESS US ALL.

1 Like

Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by moneyhungry(m): 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2013
fr3do:

eeee gbamm!
That's my point
its only christians they attack.
They sense the truth of christianity and it haunts them.
The videos of live miracles,the gift of the holy spirit (in my church an old woman who has never spoken any language apart from igbo burst into queen's english in the mood of prayer).
COOL story bro....
i will tell it to some kids in my neighborhood.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by victorv12(m): 8:07pm On Apr 28, 2013
The reason they stop preaching about hell is that they know hell doesn't exist. The only hell that exist that I know is the day to day oppression we Nigerians face, in an environment that's subjected to darkness(HELL). A pastor that own over three jets, how does he want to preach about hell?! It won't go well in his mouth because the God they are talking about in the first place, they know he doesn't exist.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by nep2ra(m): 8:23pm On Apr 28, 2013
Ilekokonit: Take away the gift of the gab (the powers of story telling, eloquent speech, persuasion and seduction) from our Pastors and you will see that they have nothing to offer apart from the psychology and the feel good mantra they read from books published by American Pastors.

How many Nigerian Pastors are bold enough to publicly go onto our streets that are filled with disabled beggars and pray for a miraculous healing for the disabled beggars ??

Why have they shamefully shied away from invoking God's miraculous power in public for all including non members of their church to see ?

Is it because they were not called by God but they called themselves into ministry

What is missing in their faith ? Afterall Jesus said the works that he did shall ye do also.

Our Pastors will not hammer on and try to manifest the miraculous power in the name of Jesus and they will not preach on Holiness withouth which no one shall see God, instead, what Nigerian Pastors major on is the Tithe message in Malachi 3:10 - Will a man Rob God ? Yet you have robbed me in Tithes and offering. Bring all the tithes into the storehouse that there may be meat in my house and prove me whether I will not open the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing.

MOST Nigerian pastors are mainly interested in this "Tit for Tat" exchange of your Tithes into the church bank account and don't really give a damn whether you get a blessing as promised in Malachi 3:10 or not As long as the balance in the church bank account keeps growing weekly then the "General Overseer" and his family's future wealth is guaranteed.

Is Malachi 3:10 the main gospel in the bible ? Malachi is even in the old testament whilst the gospel of Jesus Christ is in the new testament but our Jet hopping, Tax collector pastors will focus mainly on scripture that will perpetuate wealth and opulence for them, their wives and silverspoon kids and further solidify the real estate empire that they are intent of competing with other prosperity preachers to build across the globe.

May you live long and prosper!!!
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Cashio(m): 8:37pm On Apr 28, 2013
k2039: [size=13pt] Whatever you focus on, you magnify.

The focus should be on heaven and not hell(If you understand how attraction works, then you will understand why).
[/size]
but it's only the thought of hell and it's acclaimed doom dt makes the quest for heaven more worthwhile.or have u 4gotten?
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by 32D: 8:48pm On Apr 28, 2013
ZACHIE: Except perhaps in a few old generation churches, it is hard to hear any pastor talk about hellfire, lately.
is it that the topic is no longer true, or it is not contemporaneous?

[size=16pt]Because our pastors know now that they can make more money marketing prosperity rather than salvation[/size]
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 8:59pm On Apr 28, 2013
esere826: @Op
xtians cannot go to hell whether it exists or not
so why dedicate too much time preaching about it
am really sorry for you go and read matt 24 vs 38& 39 una go see hell just like 2face said on his single called iheneme. I just pray God open ur eyes for u to see things arround u and wot the enemy is planning but my God will scatter his plans. My brother and sisters give ur life to christ oo, rapture is about to happen, remember he said like in the days of noah where they were unbelief and they were giving in marriage so shall the son of man be. Lets be careful, remember he will come when the world thinks he cometh not.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by Hackomania(m): 9:00pm On Apr 28, 2013
efe22: By the way this teaching of hell has just gone from 100% to 120% in my church...no reduction since the inception of the ministry and the main reason why new members don't stay long there. Truth cannot be buried and if you do, it will resurrect again.
Abeg what's the name of your church, I dey come there sharply
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by simdam500(m): 9:01pm On Apr 28, 2013
Dont lyk hearin d word either... Smh
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by wwwkaycom(m): 9:14pm On Apr 28, 2013
ZACHIE: Except perhaps in a few old generation churches, it is hard to hear any pastor talk about hellfire, lately.
is it that the topic is no longer true, or it is not contemporaneous?

You mean hellfire, Satan's helpfire? sorry Bro, that word is not found in the new generation bible of our new generation Pastors, ok?
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by UncleJJ(m): 9:21pm On Apr 28, 2013
when is grin
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by wwwkaycom(m): 9:29pm On Apr 28, 2013
Do you expect a pastor whose reward is only on earth to be preaching heaven or hellfire? Tell me the names of "heaven or hellfire" preachers who have procured a private jet, grow up Bro, its all about money and material things, if hellfire is that important to you, please start your own church, cheers!
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by wwwkaycom(m): 9:37pm On Apr 28, 2013
Do you expect a pastor whose reward is only on earth to be preaching heaven or hellfire? Tell me the names of "heaven or hellfire" preachers who have procured a private jet, grow up Bro, its all about money and material things, if hellfire is that important to you, please start your own church, cheers!.
Re: Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? by wonderiyke(m): 9:39pm On Apr 28, 2013
@OP:Cos as a Nigerian living in 9ja,you already live in one.There.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye / UK Christian Preacher Convicted Over Abortion Clinic Protest / Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.