Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" (7050 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / So There Is A Street In Lagos Called Blood Of Jesus Street?! (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by AKO1(m): 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2008
Tayo-D, this is what I honestly make from your post:

Redemption goes beyond the forgiveness of sins. It includes reconciliation, enrichment, protection, glorification etc. All of these are possible only through that shed blood.

Yes, it is that shed blood that:
1. Was the means through which Jesus died, i.e. he died and shed His blood.
2. His death was the only way He could ressurect and be given a name above every other at the sound of which every knee must bow (Phil.2 : can't remember)
3. Jesus before His death, knowing the power that would be available because of His death (shedding His blood) instructed the disciples and us, to use that name to get our
reconciliation, enrichment, protection, glorification etc

So it all boils down to the name, not the blood. The shed blood is what empowered (if you will) the name. Even in confessing our sins by the blood not a priest, we do it in the name.

Hebrews 9: 11 When Christ came as high priest of the good things that are already here, he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not man-made, that is to say, not a part of this creation. 12 He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption. 13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean. 14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

The context of this is forgiveness of sins and reconciliation, it has nothing to do with pleading the blood over a car, a cat, a house, etc. Many christians have taken it this far and I believe it is quite erroneous. Like you said, it is the conviction of the Holy Spirit (mostly through correct interpretation of scripture) that makes the difference.
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by olabowale(m): 3:59pm On Apr 03, 2008
@Witness:
Holy Spirit abeg inspire someone to comprehend this "Blood of Jesus" thing,

because i really need to understand why if at all i must use it ,  
Paddy mi, this is a better deal for you. Begging the holy spirit to understand the usage of blood, rather than complaining about this and that.

I was wondering that the response is more of SysUser than some newcomer out of Ibadon. Ara ara Isau, owun owun jakobu. Pure deceit!

You should ask the head man at the churches to get you the answer. The holy spirit may take too long. Maybe Jesus himself whose blood was shed should be the one to ask? In all of this you have left out father god! Come to think of it, the three persons can not be one person! I can't be in Boston, and in New York city and Eko/Ibadon/Ijebu Ode at the same time?

@ JeSoul
Sysuser,
  I feel for you jare. There is certainly a double standard and unfortunately it is out of our hands. Seun can do whatever he wants.
I remember you having a problem on the condition of the "Muusslims" in your Beantown. And all over the western countries. Yet am sure in your extended family, there would be Muusslims among them. Even though I disagree with how the Admin runs his operation, but that is his right. His business decision, alone. If I can't cope with it, I just will stop posting.

For goodness sake even the guy who threatened him with fatwa is still roaming free within nairaland, yet the Christian seem to be an easy target for banning.
Just like muusslims are around the west. Sisi me go put on Hijab. It will make you more beautiful. Prettier.

it's a strange world isn't it? I think we just have to accept some grps will enjoy special treatment vs others. and we happen to end up with the short end of the stick. just try sha and be a good boy
My lady, take that idea and translate it to every oppressed group aroud the world. No one loves to be oppressed.

Quote from: A_K_O on Yesterday at 10:18:14 PM
It's unfortunate that not a single person is yet able to biblically back on of the most popular practises in the church.
We are still waiting,
You should ask the pastor or preacher. Thats easier. I hope he or she does not give you a song and dance. Personal opinion. You want the meat from the Mouth of Jesus or his father or his partner the holy spirit. Anyone else tellimg you anything else, is just stomping you. You see, a thousand and one hard words to express myself. But I chose this one, because its easier to take. I don't want to be rude.

It kinda from my perspective at least, gives the same impression of 3 godhead(s), personalities, person(s) in One God. Trinity is so important and it just did not find itself in the Bible; the NT. But the stange word can be proven directly from the BIble. Maybe no one should bother about 'The blood thing.' Its a small fish compared to the Baracuda/ whopper /Whale of a tale(tail) of Trinity.

true. It is an extremely popular practice. . . it seems like no one except Tayo had any kind of answer. and Tayo, I am waiting for more . . .  
Tori tie ni mo se wa sibi yi o. I just felt like amusing you. Kinda answer, is no answer. You know it and I know it. You guys are still stuck in the quicksand of pleading by a "Blood" spilled. Kuro nbeeee. Don't mind my written Yoruba. You got the idea. Yes?

Sprinkling blood all over heavens? Seven heavens? There are Angels and Angels Gabreil and Michael are there among them in heavens? Do they need the blood of Jesus, too? Tall tales like tall ships.  I think I will take the Revere bus ride around to downtown. I think I will take the trowley there. Or just continue on to Farmers Market. lol.
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by AKO1(m): 8:43pm On Apr 03, 2008
olabowale:

@Witness: Paddy mi, this is a better deal for you. Begging the holy spirit to understand the usage of blood, rather than complaining about this and that.

I was wondering that the response is more of SysUser than some newcomer out of Ibadon. Ara ara Isau, owun owun jakobu. Pure deceit!

You should ask the head man at the churches to get you the answer. The holy spirit may take too long. Maybe Jesus himself whose blood was shed should be the one to ask? In all of this you have left out father god! Come to think of it, the three persons can not be one person! I can't be in Boston, and in New York city and Eko/Ibadon/Ijebu Ode at the same time?

@ JeSoul I remember you having a problem on the condition of the "Muusslims" in your Beantown. And all over the western countries. Yet am sure in your extended family, there would be Muusslims among them. Even though I disagree with how the Admin runs his operation, but that is his right. His business decision, alone. If I can't cope with it, I just will stop posting.

Just like muusslims are around the west. Sisi me go put on Hijab. It will make you more beautiful. Prettier.

My lady, take that idea and translate it to every oppressed group aroud the world. No one loves to be oppressed.

You should ask the pastor or preacher. Thats easier. I hope he or she does not give you a song and dance. Personal opinion. You want the meat from the Mouth of Jesus or his father or his partner the holy spirit. Anyone else tellimg you anything else, is just stomping you. You see, a thousand and one hard words to express myself. But I chose this one, because its easier to take. I don't want to be rude.

It kind of from my perspective at least, gives the same impression of 3 godhead(s), personalities, person(s) in One God. Trinity is so important and it just did not find itself in the Bible; the NT. But the stange word can be proven directly from the BIble. Maybe no one should bother about 'The blood thing.' Its a small fish compared to the Baracuda/ whopper /Whale of a tale(tail) of Trinity.

Tori tie ni mo se wa sibi yi o. I just felt like amusing you. Kinda answer, is no answer. You know it and I know it. You guys are still stuck in the quicksand of pleading by a "Blood" spilled. Kuro nbeeee. Don't mind my written Yoruba. You got the idea. Yes?

Sprinkling blood all over heavens? Seven heavens? There are Angels and Angels Gabreil and Michael are there among them in heavens? Do they need the blood of Jesus, too? Tall tales like tall ships.  I think I will take the Revere bus ride around to downtown. I think I will take the trowley there. Or just continue on to Farmers Market. lol.

The preceding post in its[b] entirety[/b] is childish and laughable.
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by Witness(m): 12:45am On Apr 04, 2008
At times i also wonder about Olabowale's "mental age", considering the kind of childish and incoherent statements that he keeps uttering as verbal reasoning.
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by TayoD1(m): 2:41am On Apr 04, 2008
@AKO,

So it all boils down to the name, not the blood. The shed blood is what empowered (if you will) the name. Even in confessing our sins by the blood not a priest, we do it in the name.
I do not fully understand what you are saying here so it is so hard to respond. Everyhthing we do is in the name of Jesus, but that doesn't take away the efficacy of the blood. Rev 12:11 is very clear that it was through the blood and their testimony that the Saints overcome. The qustion is how did they employ the use of the blood, and how did they employ the use of their testimony?

The context of this is forgiveness of sins and reconciliation, it has nothing to do with pleading the blood over a car, a cat, a house, etc. Many christians have taken it this far and I believe it is quite erroneous. Like you said, it is the conviction of the Holy Spirit (mostly through correct interpretation of scripture) that makes the difference.
While I can't teach the practice of pleading the blood as a doctrine, I seriously don't see the way its used as a violation of scripture. What those who plead the blood over certain aspects of their lives are doing is simply expressing their faith in the blood. Doesn't that bring Rev 12:11 to mind?

The use of the blood wasn't just a means of reconciliation and forgiveness as we saw in shadows also in the OT. It was clearly also a means of defense, as we saw clearly in the passover.
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by olabowale(m): 2:50am On Apr 04, 2008
@A_K_O; Whats childish and laughable about my repose? I did not hear your hahahaha. And I did not see your hyena icon.

@Witness: Whatever my mental age is, if I get to Ibadan, you will dobale fun mi. Except that I see the idobale as unIslamic. So I do not subscribe to it, even though it is part of my ethnic culture. Witness, ma gbadun aiye e. lol.
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by TayoD1(m): 2:55am On Apr 04, 2008
@JeSoul,

However, the sprinkling of blood in heaven was not done by us, but by Him, and it was a one time event. Furthermore it was for the cleansing of those heavenly ceremonial things, not earthly things like our houses and cars etc. . . How then from that can we develop a continual and everyday use of it? on earthly things?
What we do when we plead the blood is just expressing faith in it. Faith is not complete until it is expressed in words and action. Pleading the blood is essentially an act of faith.

Secondly, in all the examples of prayers in the bible, we don't see any of our great crowd of witnesses or Jesus or the apostles using the blood as a prayer point/tool in the way we use it today. We don't see any application of it in prayers. and we're not taught to pray like that.
The Bible talks about "faith in the blood".  Can you tell us how this is done? Also, how did the Saints in Rev 12:11 use the blood to their advantage in conflict with the enemy? While details are not given, I simply believe it is an act of faith, and that is what people who plead the blood are doing - expresing their faith in the efficacy of the blood to provide protection.

Now i know not everything we do is taught or shown in the bible but I think using something as precious and holy and sacred as the blood of Jesus needs some form of justification. Don't you think so?
Everything in the Bible is precious and holy. Besides, we are holy in His sight and how can we who are holy not use what is holy in our daily living?

Also can I assume you frequently pray using the 'blood of Jesus'?
Actually, I can't remember when last I did. The key in prayer is not to just repeat some preconceived thoughts, but rather be led by the Holy Spirit. I tend to follow whatever direction I am being led and not be limited to my preconceived way and thouhgts. For instance, many will always call on fire when they pray. While this may not be wrong, it smacks of tradition and abuse. If God reveals to me in prayer to deal with a situation with and through fire (judgement), then I will go that direction. if He instructs to use the blood, I will go that way. If there is no direction, and I sense the need for some warfare, there is the ever "sure word of prophecy."
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 04, 2008
I agree with all Tayo D has said.

Actually, I can't remember when last I did. The key in prayer is not to just repeat some preconceived thoughts, but rather be led by the Holy Spirit. I tend to follow whatever direction I am being led and not be limited to my preconceived way and thouhgts. For instance, many will always call on fire when they pray. While this may not be wrong, it smacks of tradition and abuse. If God reveals to me in prayer to deal with a situation with and through fire (judgement), then I will go that direction. if He instructs to use the blood, I will go that way. If there is no direction, and I sense the need for some warfare, there is the ever "sure word of prophecy."
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by Lady2(f): 9:06pm On Apr 04, 2008
Come to think of it, the three persons can not be one person! I can't be in Boston, and in New York city and Eko/Ibadon/Ijebu Ode at the same time?

AND THAT IS WHY YOU ARE NOT GOD. LOOK AT YOU USING HUMAN REASONING TO EXPLAIN GOD. DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT WE CANNOT REASON LIKE HIM. I THOUGHT THE QU'RAN TAUGHT THAT.

Stop showing your illiteracy and childlike mind.
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by olabowale(m): 1:44am On Apr 05, 2008
@~Lady~:
AND THAT IS WHY YOU ARE NOT GOD. LOOK AT YOU USING HUMAN REASONING TO EXPLAIN GOD. DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT WE CANNOT REASON LIKE HIM. I THOUGHT THE QU'RAN TAUGHT THAT.
Obviously you read the Qur''an, but you retain Zero information from it! The essence of Makkan revelation, which was 13 years was centered on a singular theme: God is One God, so He is not three in One! Doh. He does not have a son nor parents. In my book you scored Zero. You see how brainiac you are? Not.

Stop showing your illiteracy and childlike mind.
Alhamdulillah. I would not deny either accusation. They are your personal accessements of me. Fair enough. However, in all your bravados, you failed woefully because you can not even know tht your God is not anything like you. He will not lower Himself to the level of the human instinctive needs, which no one can do without.

Your Lord God will not beg, or pray or lament as in crying to any thing. He alone is the Independent One. He alone is the Reality. He alone knows the end of time. You see your shortcomings? Please lets be sincere, you do not know anything about God.

You and the Aborishas of yorubaland are equal before God, in your denial of His Lordship. {Make i hear word, i beg, woman. Okay african woman loves to be called lady. So I reluctantly call you lady, brainiac. lol}
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by Witness(m): 2:43am On Apr 05, 2008
First and foremost abeg Olabowale , this thread does not have anything the you can contribute to so take you leave.

However provided you are still around sha maybe you can take a look at the following issues , comments and responses,

You said about your god Alllah that:

He does not have a son nor parents. In my book you scored Zero. You see how brainiac you are?

your god does not have parents and sons or nephews right !!!, grin so long as it "Alllah" has 3 daughters right, oops sorry, oh those were things and part of the satanic verses the salman rushdie is being threathened for and for which the world was not supposed to know about right, heeyaa, pele!!!or where they just merely lies or moments of madness of the same one the Mohammmed or were they lies that satan made him to say or do,

Alllah's three daughters are:

Allat

Uzzah (not sure about the spelling for this one
Manat

, by that way Seun should please note that Alllah is the name of the God of Mohammed it is not the arabic word for God, ilah is actually the arabic word for God, whereas Yahweh is the name of the Christian God, so abeg stop all these God is Alllah , Alllah is God nonsense please.

By the Olabowale you have posts to answer to in some other threads, so kindly go there, now that you have been informed.

By the way Is it true the Abu, and Mohammmed, both had sex with Aisha (Mohammed's 9 year old wife) at one time or another,
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by Lady2(f): 2:51am On Apr 05, 2008
Ok now I definitely know u lack reasoning.

Obviously you read the Qur''an, but you retain Zero information from it! The essence of Makkan revelation, which was 13 years was centered on a singular theme: God is One God, so He is not three in One! Doh. He does not have a son nor parents. In my book you scored Zero. You see how brainiac you are? Not.

Now I see u don't know anything about Christianity that we believe in ONE GOD. Yes We believe that God is in three persons or forms. He is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit. If you're counter is from your holy book, then my dear your point isn't received. Because until one of u can show me the authenticity of the Qu'ran, I can't hold it to be true.

However, in all your bravados, you failed woefully because you can not even know that your God is not anything like you. He will not lower Himself to the level of the human instinctive needs, which no one can do without

I thought this was my message to you. Look how u shoot urself in the foot. U don't hold the capacity to reason like God.
God won't lower himself, but he can lift u up and inspire u and grant u knowledge, wisdom, and understanding (unless u want to claim that God isn't capable of doing so). I'm sorry but God grants me this EVERYDAY.

Your Lord God will not beg, or pray or lament as in crying to any thing. He alone is the Independent One. He alone is the Reality. He alone knows the end of time. You see your shortcomings? Please lets be sincere, you do not know anything about God.

So which of your other personalities came up with this cause I don't see how this comes in to the conversation. And also who said the Christian God cries, beg, lament. You just wanted to sound like u can reason didn't u. I understand u though, we all need to boost ourselves sometimes.

Oh I also want to say that what Witness wrote above is true. I believe Muhammad asked the daughters for favours and then later recanted. Look I just want to know the truth from u guys, ok. I research and there are things I find that make me question Islam. But I know the internet to be full of lies too and false revelations, so can I have the truth please.

Oh and Olabowale, if you come at me with an attack I will chew u raw, so don't try me. Now could u kindly go to the Qu'ran: The book that relates to science and history <----not actual title, but close---thread and answer my questions.
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by olabowale(m): 4:23pm On Apr 05, 2008
@~Lady~: I don't like been chewed raw. That will be bloody. My dear, I don't know you and my contact with you is limited to here, alone. So lets leave it at that. You have your subjective opinion and I have mine. The truth lies somewhere. But the absolute truth is with God, alone.

Now the one who begged was Jesus as in the begging in prayer to God at the Garden of geshimene. The one who lamented was Jesus as his crying out in a loud voice on the cross, asking God why he was forsakened.

The three person could never be One, could it? If it is then you will see that when one dies the others will have to die as well. Yet God Almighty does not die. If God does not die, and its impossible for Him to die, then it means the others can not die, then? What do you think? You amuse me with your hot masala bravado. Yet when you see me, you will have to Kunlee (kneelling), except I am not that type of a person. I am assuming that you are a Yoruba or a Nigerian with that kinda tradition. So you see that to chew me raw is beyond your league. But lets talk about religion.

And as to my reference to human instincts vis a vis in relationship to God, I mean that God has no need for food, etc. Not the process of knowledge, wisdom etc, that you mentioned. But come to think of it, God's knowledge, wisdom, etc are absolute and no limit. While yours and mine are very limited. Jesus and other prophets, including Muhammad also had limited and not absolute qualities like God. None of the prophets had absolute qualities like God.

God in His infinite Mercy will grant us goodness. Amin. Read my entry to your inquiry in the thread you spoke about. Whats interesting about you is that you are willing to look at things, and your mind is not shotout against possible "good information." I wish you well.
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by Witness(m): 4:42pm On Apr 05, 2008
@~Lady~: I don't like been chewed raw. That will be bloody. My dear, I don't know you and my contact with you is limited to here, alone. So lets leave it at that. You have your subjective opinion and I have mine. The truth lies somewhere. But the absolute truth is with God, alone.

Now the one who begged was Jesus as in the begging in prayer to God at the Garden of geshimene. The one who lamented was Jesus as his crying out in a loud voice on the cross, asking God why he was forsakened.

The three person could never be One, could it? If it is then you will see that when one dies the others will have to die as well. Yet God Almighty does not die. If God does not die, and its impossible for Him to die, then it means the others can not die, then? What do you think? You amuse me with your hot masala bravado. Yet when you see me, you will have to Kunlee (kneelling), except I am not that type of a person. I am assuming that you are a Yoruba or a Nigerian with that kind of tradition. So you see that to chew me raw is beyond your league. But lets talk about religion.

And as to my reference to human instincts vis a vis in relationship to God, I mean that God has no need for food, etc. Not the process of knowledge, wisdom etc, that you mentioned. But come to think of it, God's knowledge, wisdom, etc are absolute and no limit. While yours and mine are very limited. Jesus and other prophets, including The Great Prophet also had limited and not absolute qualities like God. None of the prophets had absolute qualities like God.

God in His infinite Mercy will grant us goodness. Amin. Read my entry to your inquiry in the thread you spoke about. Whats interesting about you is that you are willing to look at things, and your mind is not shotout against possible "good information." I wish you well.

ass kissing, bullony
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by olabowale(m): 12:59am On Apr 06, 2008
@Witness; My friend, there is none of those kissing for me. I don't go like that. And I don' eat bologna, either.

Ijebu re mi o. lol. I thosught you may enjoy that.
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by Image123(m): 2:57am On Apr 06, 2008
I think Tayo-D has spoken well for the blood pleaders.There's no need for some denomination to begin to harass others because they feel they've gotten some new revelation.There are questionable practices you do in your church tthat has no Biblical basis.Remove that beam in your eye first
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by AKO1(m): 7:24pm On Apr 06, 2008
There are questionable practices you do in your church tthat has no Biblical basis

Such as?
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by Witness(m): 9:48pm On Apr 06, 2008
Please it seems the thread is almost staring to deviate from its purpose again, please let us re-focus back to the issue of pleading the blood of Jesus
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by Image123(m): 10:17pm On Apr 06, 2008
@A.K.O
Remove the beam yourself.don't react like the scibes and chief priests who pass the message to the others around them but never themselves.pray and ask God in sincerity and truth.He'll show you best.But if you want to know it 'badly',post the name of your church.there are humble volunteers on nairaland that will point it out to you.No malice intended.There're wronger and common popular things to contend against biblically than some people's prayer phrses
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by AKO1(m): 11:07pm On Apr 06, 2008
Remove the beam yourself.don't react like the scibes and chief priests who pass the message to the others around them but never themselves.pray and ask God in sincerity and truth.He'll show you best.But if you want to know it 'badly',post the name of your church.there are humble volunteers on nairaland that will point it out to you.No malice intended.There're wronger and common popular things to contend against biblically than some people's prayer phrses

Yeah I get the part about the beam etc etc etc.

If you have to know I attend a small church (about 110 pple) somewhere in Nigeria. It's not one of the 'mega churches' so there's no point mentioning it's name. So basically my point is don't jump into conclusions okay?
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by Image123(m): 4:27am On Apr 07, 2008
@A.K.O
Like I said friend,if you have any beam,get busy and remove it.I'm not jumping to conclusions.I looked well at the thread before I leaped.There're more serious issues that christians should correct within themselves as individuals and thier assemblies(whether mega,sega or micromini)instead of getting angry that somepeople are mentioning the blood of Jesus in prayer
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by JeSoul(f): 2:12pm On Apr 07, 2008
Image,
  you miss the point of this thread entirely. No one is getting angry at people for 'pleading the blood' of Jesus, no one is here to condemn those who do it. But rather this thread is specifically calling for a discussion on biblical support for this practice, that's all. We should be able to scripturally back up as christians the things that we do - that's what the bible teaches us!

Tayo,
Tayo-D:

@JeSoul,
What we do when we plead the blood is just expressing faith in it. Faith is not complete until it is expressed in words and action. Pleading the blood is essentially an act of faith.
  Yes Tayo, I know that those who use and pray like that are doing so sincerely not with the wrong heart. BUT that is still not justification for it, you can be sincerely wrong, but yet God in His mercy might still choose to honor that sincerity.

The Bible talks about "faith in the blood".  Can you tell us how this is done?

here's the context of "faith in His blood"
Rm3
21But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— 26he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

yes Tayo, faith in the blood of Christ, that that blood is sufficient to wash away our sins, redeem and save us. This is not a license to "plead" the blood over ourselves or our houses or our cars! there is still not hint of that here.

Also, how did the Saints in Rev 12:11 use the blood to their advantage in conflict with the enemy? While details are not given, I simply believe it is an act of faith, and that is what people who plead the blood are doing - expresing their faith in the efficacy of the blood to provide protection.

I don't think so. I understand those who do it believe in faith and have the right heart, but it still does not make it right.
And as for how they overcame with the blood of the Lamb, I read and understand that verse much differently and [b]I wouldn't take it to mean a very practical and verbal application of the blood during prayer. [/b]But rather that we overcome because the blood is what accomplishes the work from start to finish. It's by the blood He shed we're able to do anything. This is not automatically grounds for pleading and calling upon this blood on a daily basis, over material things.
I like how John Gills exposition puts it, much more clearer and better than I could communicate:

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb
The Lord Jesus Christ, by whose blood they were redeemed and ransomed out of the hands of Satan, that was stronger than they; and by which they were justified from all sin, and so all charges and condemnation were of no avail against them, whether of Satan or the world; and by which they were cleansed from all pollution, both internal and external; and by which even their conversation garments were washed and made white; by this they also, drew nigh to God with boldness, as to their own God, notwithstanding the accusations of Satan; and this they could, and did make use of as a shield to defend them against all his charges; and this being sprinkled upon them, as it gave them an inward conscience peace amidst all, so it was their security from the destroying angel; and under this purple covering they went triumphantly to glory, having through it obtained an entire conquest over Satan
:

Everything in the Bible is precious and holy. Besides, we are holy in His sight and how can we who are holy not use what is holy in our daily living?
  you are mixing things together here. If you were going to use this argument then you can say you'll pray using anything that's holy because we also are holy? Then pray using the body of Christ, the body that was broken for us, pray using the heavenly tabernacle, pray using the ark of the covenant from the OT, and anything hinted at as holy in the bible. . . .I'm sure there' no need for me to point out the danger in doing that.
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by Image123(m): 1:53am On Apr 08, 2008
@JeSoul
sorry for the word 'angry' that I chose for description.mybad I'm Sorry
I do not see the harm in the practise as compared to some other popular belifs.well seeing you so badly av a specific calling for a discussion on biblical support for the practice,let me try to back it up scripturally.I think the practice has its roots from the literal sprinkling of the blood before the passover in egypt.Exodus12v22,23
Heb 11:28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
Because this Isrealites sprinkled the blood,the destroyer wasn't able to harm them,thier family,animals and property.The passover was symbolic of their preservation and salvation.today some believers appropriate Christ,our passover's blood for their salvation,healing and preservation,even much more
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
I think thats why they plead the blood.as for if it is theologically correct or technically correct,I can't say but if there is faith,even the hem of His garment is enough to cover you not to now say His blood.so,JESoul 'I cover you with the hem of His garment'.say "hem of His garment/Amen wink
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by JeSoul(f): 6:35pm On Apr 09, 2008
Image123:

so,JESoul 'I cover you with the hem of His garment'.say "hem of His garment/Amen wink
cheesy I wasn't sure whether to say amen or not cheesy but I appreciate ur prayers Image grin

@JeSoul
sorry for the word 'angry' that I chose for description.mybad I'm Sorry
no qualms sweetie wink

I do not see the harm in the practise as compared to some other popular belifs.
I hear you but the goal should be to stop ALL unscriptural practices, whether harmful or harmless.

well seeing you so badly av a specific calling for a discussion on biblical support for the practice,let me try to back it up scripturally.I think the practice has its roots from the literal sprinkling of the blood before the passover in egypt.Exodus12v22,23
There's numerous references to blood all over the scriptures, but so far I haven't seen one that provides for the use of it like we do today in prayers.

Heb 11:28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
Because this Isrealites sprinkled the blood,the destroyer wasn't able to harm them,their family,animals and property.The passover was symbolic of their preservation and salvation.today some believers appropriate Christ,our passover's blood for their salvation,healing and preservation,even much more
But that was OT. and it was the sprinkling of the blood of animals, they were under a different convenant than we are today. Heb tells us that the blood of Christ was used to cleanse the heavenly copy of the tabernacle BUT we are not encouraged to go ahead and do this sprinkling ourselves.

Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
Amen. I'm all for the blood of Christ that washes away my sins and saves me from death but still I am not taught anywhere to pray and sprinkle that blood over anything.

I think thats why they plead the blood.as for if it is theologically correct or technically correct,I can't say but if there is faith,even the hem of His garment is enough to cover you not to now say His blood.
But my brotha sincerity is NOT all that matters. A person can believe in something strongly and have faith but they could be dead wrong. God demands holiness and has given us His word to use to live, we cannot go ahead and institute practices that are not scripturally sanctioned and turn around and say "well as long as I have faith" it will work?
If this be the case all kinds of new doctrines and teachings can be loosely 'justified' on the basis that the scriptures hint at it and since I believe in faith strongly it makes it okay- I trust you see the danger in such a stance my dear.
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by Witness(m): 8:25pm On Apr 09, 2008
I hear you but the goal should be to stop ALL unscriptural practices, whether harmful or harmless.

Yes o Jesoul, I completely agree with that,

Infact according to church history, The Catholic church started as an harmless logical organisation, yet look at the abomination that we now have today, undecided
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2008
Witness:

Yes o Jesoul, I completely agree with that,

Infact according to church history, The Catholic church started as an harmless logical organisation, yet look at the abomination that we now have today, undecided
@Witness/Sysuser

I see you are still insecure about your faith.

It is hard for you to kick against the goad.

-------------------
BTW, have you read the histories of the 33,000 protestant sects? How did ONE bible generate so much confusion, hatred, distrust and division?
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by Image123(m): 1:26am On Apr 10, 2008
@JeSoul
I do not see the harm in the practise as compared to some other popular belifs.

when I say I do not see the harm ,I meant there is no harm in it.Its not totally unscriptural.the wisdom of God can still direct us to some practices.It 'll be impractical to say we'll not do anything that aren't written in the Bible.we use microphones in our churches but there's no such practice in d Bible.we give tracts.These things are good and many spirit filled leaders do and use them.Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. .I've heard some leaders pray using the blood of Jesus.
But that was OT. and it was the sprinkling of the blood of animals, they were under a different convenant than we are today. Heb tells us that the blood of Christ was used to cleanse the heavenly copy of the tabernacle BUT we are not encouraged to go ahead and do this sprinkling ourselves.

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
OT is also Scripture,infact at the time of the earlychurch the OT was their Scriptures,the NT wasn't yet complete or cannonized.
At the passover in Exodus,the jews used the blood for protection and salvation.Apostle Paul says Christ is our passover.He is our lamb,a better lamb with better blood speaking better things.people have the privilege of using his blood for thier protection and salvation.
NB.The sprinkling of blood @d Exodus12 passover is different from the sprinkling of blood that the priest was later commanded to do before the altar.In Ex12,the sprinkling was done by each family not one person.If today,some apply such scriptures to thier lives,its to thier benefit and it is not wrong.That isn't to say that it is compulsory for everbody or a prerequisite to having prayers answered or getting to heaven.Its a tool.We cant all use the same tools.Today some people use the gifts of th Spirit,some others don't really fancy it.Some healing,some positive confession while some no interest.They're just ok with salvation and the goal of heaven.God bless you.
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by JeSoul(f): 6:30pm On Jun 17, 2008
Sorry everyone I know it's been a while but I still am not satisfied with this topic so here goes, I hope Image you're still around somewhere. . .

Image123:

@JeSoulwhen I say I do not see the harm ,I meant there is no harm in it.Its not totally unscriptural.the wisdom of God can still direct us to some practices.
I'm not so sure about that. The bible explicitly teaches us to avoid any new teachings/doctrines that are not sanctioned by the word. If we took this slippery path all kinds of new and strange teachings can be loosely justified by saying "it's based on the wisdom of God"? that's dangerous.

It 'll be impractical to say we'll not do anything that aren't written in the Bible.we use microphones in our churches but there's no such practice in d Bible.we give tracts.These things are good and many spirit filled leaders do and use them.Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. .
lol. . . you're being unreasonable here. The bible does not teach us to wear jeans but we do, it does not teach us to eat eba and egusi, but we do.
We're not talking about insignificant things that are not connected to our walk with God. We're talking about prayer, an act that is central to every christian's walk. And in the bible we're taught in many places how we should go about it, why do we need to add to the already existing methods? something that is not even hinted at at all?

I've heard some leaders pray using the blood of Jesus.

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
OT is also Scripture,infact at the time of the earlychurch the OT was their Scriptures,the NT wasn't yet complete or cannonized.
At the passover in Exodus,the jews used the blood for protection and salvation.Apostle Paul says Christ is our passover.He is our lamb,a better lamb with better blood speaking better things.people have the privilege of using his blood for their protection and salvation.
Look at your own words. . . the Lamb is the one, it is His blood that speaks - not us. This is still not by a mile biblical justification for using the blood over ourselves, our cars etc. . .

NB.The sprinkling of blood @d Exodus12 passover is different from the sprinkling of blood that the priest was later commanded to do before the altar.In Ex12,the sprinkling was done by each family not one person.If today,some apply such scriptures to their lives,its to their benefit and it is not wrong.That isn't to say that it is compulsory for everbody or a prerequisite to having prayers answered or getting to heaven.Its a too[/b]l.
How did you arrive at that conclusion from Ex12?
All thru scripture its a priest doing the sprinkling, when Jesus came it was Him, [b]humans never played that role of priest

We can't all use the same tools.Today some people use the gifts of th Spirit,some others don't really fancy it.Some healing,some positive confession while some no interest.They're just ok with salvation and the goal of heaven.God bless you.
and here you're attempting to mix other biblical practices directly with this unbiblical one. Gifts of healing etc are known and taught - the pleading of the blood just plain isn't.
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by donnie(m): 8:03pm On Jun 25, 2008
I believe we should plead the blood because i believe in its power to save, heal and deliver but i do not believe in the way and manner many Christians these days go about this pleading or sprinkling ( which i totally disagree with).

The scripture that says we overcame by the blood is not recommending that we chant the blood the blood because apart from the inspiration you may get by chanting (ie if you were led of the Spirit to do so), it does not mean you actually pleaded the blood. What the scripture is saying is that we overcame by faith in the blood.

The most appropriate way to plead the blood as Jesus taught us is to break bread and drink wine. He said you bring to remembrance his death by breaking bread. . . oh hallelujah! Therefore all of heaven will see to it that you get the benefits of that death and glorious resurrection Glory to God! And you do not need to wait for a church service to take the communion. You can do it anywhere, at home with your family, in your cell group, with a few believers, or all by yourself. As long as you are born-again, you qualify!

For those who sprinkle the blood on the express way. . . you are on your own o!

The high priest has already done that once and for all on the mercy seat in heaven! According to the bible, you do not have that blood in your hands to sprinkle at will whenever and wherever.
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by JeSoul(f): 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2008
donnie:

I believe we should plead the blood because i believe in its power to save, heal and deliver but i do not believe in the way and manner many Christians these days go about this pleading or sprinkling ( which i totally disagree with).

The scripture that says we overcame by the blood is not recommending that we chant of the blood the blood because apart from the inspiration you may get by chanting (ie if you were led of the Spirit to do so), it does not mean you actually pleaded the blood.
Word! I'm still waiting on those who pray this way to help me understand biblically why they do it. Although I've come to see most people do it cos they've been taught to, they grew up hearing their mother or pastor praying that way. I have for some reason never been comfortable with it and never did it.

The most appropriate way to plead the blood as Jesus taught us is to break bread and drink wine. He said you bring to remembrance his death by braking bread. . . oh halleluyah! Therefore all of heaven will see to it that you get te benefits of tha death and glorious ressurection Glory to God!

For those who srinkle the bood on the express way. . . you are on your own o!

The high priest has already done that once and for all!
Exactly! I see no need for the constant, redundant applying of the precious blood over material things like our houses and cars etc.
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 26, 2008
The blood of jesus is for the atonement of sins replacing the blood of bulls and goats. There is power and life in that innocent blood of Jesus. That power has no limitation. It can cleanse a sinner, and it can save. Remember, every power operating whatsoever belongs 2 God
Re: Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" by bigsong: 8:05pm On Apr 25, 2009
dear sir
it was just by the Grace of God that i meet you here.yes am a son of rev.Edmund Chidozie who is the senior pastor of Grace of God mission inter. Lafia
He needs a pastor like you who is educated to come for a youth programme in the state and preach to our youth. pls let me know if you would be intrested i will keep praying that God will tourch you to do that Amen my name is Godson you can Reich through this line 07031333467 i will be waithing to hear from you.mean while i was impressed by that article you put on one of those pages that shows you know what you are doing pls do keep it up Remain blessed Godson.07031333467

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Joagbaje, Come And Answer Your Paul James Query. / Is Wearing Of Trousers By Women A Sin? The Meaning Of Deut 22:5 / The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.