Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,720 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:47 AM

The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones (7266 Views)

The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time / The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian / "Women are made for men" -The Christian God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 20, 2016
A LOT OF PEOPLE FROM TODAYS GENERATION SEEM TO THINK THAT CHRISTIANS ARE NOT SCIENTIFIC OR HAVE NO SCIENTIFIC ROOTS AND THIS HAS BEEN A HUGE FALLACY. THEY HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET BUT DO NOT KNOW HOW THIS WAS ORIGINATED. THEY MAKE USE OF SMART PHONES AND ALSO DO NOT KNOW HOW THESE ORIGINATED. WELL TODAY I WISH TO EDUCATE THESE YOUNG ONES WHO HAVE TAKING UP THIS ERRONEOUS POSITION AS I USE THE BIBLE AND HISTORY TO LINK CHRISTIANITY WITH THE SMARTPHONE.

THE CHRISTIAN ORIGIN OF SMART PHONES FROM PENTECOST TO PENTIUM

GENESIS 5: 28-29
WHEN LAMECH HAD LIVED 182 YRS HE FATHERED A SON AND CALLED HIS NAME NOAH, SAYING, OUT OF THE GROUND THAT THE LORD HAS CURSED, THIS ONE SHALL BRING US RELIEF FROM OUR WORK AND FROM THE PAINFUL TOIL OF OUR HANDS

NOAH MEANS LET THE CURSE OF THE LAND BE REVERSED!

LETS BEGIN OUR NARRATIVE FROM GENESIS 11:1-9

1 NOW THE WHOLE WORLD HAD ONE LANGUAGE AND A COMMON SPEECH.
2 AS PEOPLE MOVED EASTWARD,[A] THEY FOUND A PLAIN IN SHINAR AND SETTLED THERE.

3 THEY SAID TO EACH OTHER, “COME, LET’S MAKE BRICKS AND BAKE THEM THOROUGHLY.” THEY USED BRICK INSTEAD OF STONE, AND TAR FOR MORTAR.

4 THEN THEY SAID, “COME, LET US BUILD OURSELVES A CITY, WITH A TOWER THAT REACHES TO THE HEAVENS, SO THAT WE MAY MAKE A NAME FOR OURSELVES; OTHERWISE WE WILL BE SCATTERED OVER THE FACE OF THE WHOLE EARTH.”

5 BUT THE LORD CAME DOWN TO SEE THE CITY AND THE TOWER THE PEOPLE WERE BUILDING.

6 THE LORD SAID, “IF AS ONE PEOPLE SPEAKING THE SAME LANGUAGE THEY HAVE BEGUN TO DO THIS, THEN NOTHING THEY PLAN TO DO WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM.

7 COME, LET US GO DOWN AND CONFUSE THEIR LANGUAGE SO THEY WILL NOT UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER.”

8 SO THE LORD SCATTERED THEM FROM THERE OVER ALL THE EARTH, AND THEY STOPPED BUILDING THE CITY.

9 THAT IS WHY IT WAS CALLED BABEL[C]—BECAUSE THERE THE LORD CONFUSED THE LANGUAGE OF THE WHOLE WORLD. FROM THERE THE LORD SCATTERED THEM OVER THE FACE OF THE WHOLE EARTH.

NOTICE IN VERSE 6 THAT GOD DECLARED, THE “IF AS ONE PEOPLE SPEAKING THE SAME LANGUAGE THEY HAVE BEGUN TO DO THIS, THEN NOTHING THEY PLAN TO DO WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM".

PAPYRUS WAS INVENTED AFTER THE FLOOD AND A QUOTE FROM CAMDEM M COBERN WHO IS A RENOWNED ARCHEOLOGIST SAYS

"BUT IN ALL THE YEARS SINCE LINEN PAPER CAME INTO COMMON USE IN THE EIGHT OR NINTH CENTURY OF OUR ERA IT HAS NEVER BEEN HONORED AS WAS THE HUMBLE PAPYRI OF THAT FIRST CENTURY WHICH RECEIVED THE AUTOGRAPHS OF THE APOSTLES AND EVANGELISTS AS THEY TOLD THE STORY OF THE MAN OF NAZARETH."

PAPYRUS WAS INVENTED IN 3000BC AND UP TO 33-70 AD THEY STILL USED PAPYRUS SO FOR A LITTLE OVER 3000YRS THERE WAS NO ADVANCEMENT OF TECHNOLOGY SO NOW LETS LOOK AT ACTS 2: 5-12

5 NOW THERE WERE STAYING IN JERUSALEM GOD-FEARING JEWS FROM EVERY NATION UNDER HEAVEN.

6 WHEN THEY HEARD THIS SOUND, A CROWD CAME TOGETHER IN BEWILDERMENT, BECAUSE EACH ONE HEARD THEIR OWN LANGUAGE BEING SPOKEN.

7 UTTERLY AMAZED, THEY ASKED: “AREN’T ALL THESE WHO ARE SPEAKING GALILEANS?

8 THEN HOW IS IT THAT EACH OF US HEARS THEM IN OUR NATIVE LANGUAGE?

9 PARTHIANS, MEDES AND ELAMITES; RESIDENTS OF MESOPOTAMIA, JUDEA AND CAPPADOCIA, PONTUS AND ASIA,[A]

10 PHRYGIA AND PAMPHYLIA, EGYPT AND THE PARTS OF LIBYA NEAR CYRENE; VISITORS FROM ROME

11 (BOTH JEWS AND CONVERTS TO JUDAISM); CRETANS AND ARABS—WE HEAR THEM DECLARING THE WONDERS OF GOD IN OUR OWN TONGUES!”

12 AMAZED AND PERPLEXED, THEY ASKED ONE ANOTHER, “WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?”

THIS WAS A REVERSE OF THE TOWER OF BABEL WHERE EVERYONE WAS TOGETHER AND GOD DISPERSED THEM. HERE EVERY NATION UNDER HEAVEN IS THERE AND GOD UNITES THEM WITH LANGUAGE AND FROM THAT MOMENT ON THERE HAS BEEN A SIGNIFICANT COMING TOGETHER IN LANGUAGE AND UNDERSTANDING AND NOW I AM GOING TO SHOW YOU HOW CHRISTIANITY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR SMART PHONE.

INVENTION OF PAPER

PAPER WAS INVENTED IN CHINA AROUND 100AD. SO FOR 3100 YEARS THERE WAS A TECHNOLOGICAL SUPPRESSION AND I BELIEVE GOD SUPPRESSED IT DUE TO THE WICKEDNESS OF THE HEART OF MAN. THE INVENTION OF THE GUTENBERG PRESS CAME ALONG.

GUTENBERG WAS COMMITTED TO THE IDEA THAT EVERYONE NEEDED TO HAVE A COPY OF THE BIBLE SO HE WENT ABOUT INVENTING A MEANS FOR THE EASY MULTIPLICATION OF PRINT MATERIAL AND THUS THE GUTENBERG PRESS WAS BORN

TIME MAGAZINE OF SUNDAY, DEC. 26, 1999 CALLED JOHANNES GUTENBERG THE MAN OF THE MILLENNIUM..THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN THE PAST 1000 YRS. HE TRANSFORMED AND CHANGED EVERYTHING THAT WE HAVE...SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, MATH, AND ITS ALL BECAUSE HE BELIEVED THAT NOT ONLY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH SHOULD HAVE THE BIBLE. HE WANTED EVERYONE TO HAVE ACCESS TO THE BIBLE.

PLEASE NOTE THAT JOHANNES GUTENBERG WAS A CHRISTIAN!

SOMETIME LATER IN 2010 AN ATHEIST NAMED STEPHEN FRY WHO DECIDED TO RUN A DOCUMENTARY ABOUT THE GUTENBERG PRESS AND HIS HISTORIC QUOTE WAS, "THE PROOF OF GUTENBERGS WORK IS ALL AROUND US BUT ITS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THAT. EVERYTHING THAT OUR CULTURE AND CIVILIZATION DEPENDS ON STARTS WITH GUTENBERGS INVENTION"! I GUESS HE FORGOT THAT THE INVENTION CAME TO BE BY A CHRISTIAN WHO ONLY WANTED TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE. HE CALLED GUTENBERG A GENIUS.

SHORT VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E276pWkj3hs

FULL VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8svE2AjQWYE

IMMEDIATELY AFTER GUTENBERGS PRESS THERE WAS A DESIRE FOR SPEED OF DISTRIBUTION OF MATERIAL. 15 YRS AFTER GUTENBERGS PRESS WAS INVENTED WE HAD 20 MILLION BOOKS ON THE PLANET....KNOWLEDGE SPREAD.

SPEED OF COMMUNICATION AT THIS TIME WAS 1.4 MILES PER HOUR.

THEN CAME THE INVENTION FROM SAMUEL MORSE. THE TELEGRAPH MACHINE.

A MEMBER OF HIS FAMILY WHO GATHERED ALL THE WRITTEN WORK OF SAMUEL MORSE ONCE SAID AND I QUOTE,

"I THINK THAT FROM THE LETTERS, NOTES ETC WHICH I HAVE IN THE PRECEDING PAGES BROUGHT TOGETHER A CLEAR CONCEPTION OF MORSES CHARACTER CAN BE FORMED.
THE DOMINANT NOTE WAS AM ALMOST CHILDLIKE RELIGIOUS FAITH, A TRIUMPH TRUST IN THE GOODNESS OF GOD EVEN WHEN HIS HAND WAS WIELDING THE ROD. A SINCERE BELIEF IN THE LITERAL TRUTH OF THE BIBLE, WHICH MAY SEEM STRANGE TO US OF THE 20TH CENTURY, A CONVICTION THAT HE WAS DESTINED IN SOME WAY TO ACCOMPLISH A GREAT GOOD FOR HIS FELLOW MEN

.......................EDWARD LIND MORSE

NOTE SAMUEL MORSE WAS A CHRISTIAN.

SAMUEL MORSE WAS ACTUALLY A PAINTER JUST LIKE THE MODERN DAY STEVE JOBS..HE WAS A PAINTER AND AN INVENTOR SO THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED. WHILE HE WAS AWAY PAINTING HE GOT A LETTER THAT HIS WIFE DIED AND THE LAST PART OF THE LETTER READS AND I QUOTE,

"YOU NEED NOT HURRY HOME, NOTHING HERE REQUIRES IT. WE ARE ALL WELL AND EVERYTHING WILL BE TAKEN GOOD CARE OF. GIVE YOURSELF NO CONCERN ON THAT ACCOUNT. FINISH YOUR BUSINESS AS WELL AS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO IT AFTER RECEIVING THIS SAD NEWS."

BY THE TIME THEY WROTE THE LETTER AND IT GOT TO MORSE, THE WIFES FUNERAL WAS ALREADY OVER. SO YOU CAN IMAGINE LOSING YOUR WIFE WHILE YOU WERE AWAY AND A LETTER WAS SENT TO YOU AND BECAUSE THE WRITER ALREADY KNEW THE LETTER WOULD NOT GET TO YOU QUICKLY ENOUGH WENT AHEAD TO SAY HER YOUR WIFE IS DEAD BUT DO NOT WORRY ABOUT COMING BECAUSE WE HAVE ALREADY BURIED HER.

THAT TRAUMATIZED HIM FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.

THAT LETTER ABOUT HIS WIFES DEATH WAS WRITTEN TO HIM BY HIS FATHER.

NOW HERE IS A LETTER WRITTEN TO HIM WHEN HE WAS YOUNGER BY HIS MOTHER AND I QUOTE,

" WE ARE VERY DESIROUS MY SON THAT YOU SHOULD EXCEL IN EVERYTHING THAT WILL MAKE YOU TRULY HAPPY AND USEFUL TO YOUR FELLOW MEN. IN PARTICULAR BY NO MEANS NEGLECT YOUR DUTY TO YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER.

REMEMBER WHAT HAS BEEN SAID WITH GREAT TRUTH, THAT HE CAN NEVER BE FAITHFUL TO OTHERS WHO IS NOT SO TO HIS GOD AND HIS CONSCIENCE. I WISH YOU CONSTANTLY TO KEEP IN MIND THE FIRST QUESTION AND ANSWER IN THAT EXCELLENT FORM OF SOUND WORDS. THE ASSEMBLY CATECHISM.

"WHAT IS THE CHIEF END OF MAN?" THE ANSWER YOU WILL READILY RECOLLECT IS "TO GLORIFY GOD AND ENJOY HIM FOREVER."

LET IT BE EVIDENT MY DEAR SON THAT THIS BE YOUR CHIEF AIM IN ALL THAT YOU DO AND MAY YOU BE HAPPY AS TO ENJOY HIM FOREVER IS THE SINCERE PRAYER OF YOUR AFFECTIONATE PARENT....

THE LETTER WAS WRITTEN IN JUNE 28TH 1805

HE INVENTED THE TELEGRAPH MACHINE AND YOU MUST REMEMBER THAT THE SPEED OF TELECOMMUNICATION THEN WAS 1.4 MILES PER HOUR BUT THE MOMENT THE TELEGRAPH WAS INVENTED THE SPEED OF COMMUNICATION WENT FROM 1.4 MILES PER HOUR TO 6000 MILES PER SECOND AND THE TELEGRAPH IS STILL THE MAIN FORM OF COMMUNICATION WE USE TODAY...ITS JUST MODIFIED AND IMPROVED UPON. SO ALL THOSE WHO ARE SAYING SCIENCE GAVE US THIS AND THAT SHOULD GO LOOK UP THE WORKINGS OF THE TELEGRAPH MACHINE AND THE WORKINGS OF TODAYS SYSTEM TO SEE IF THE UNDERLYING WORKINGS ISNT THE SAME.

THE FIRST WORDS THE TELEGRAPH TRANSMITTED WHERE "WHAT HAS GOD WROUGHT?

THIS IS FROM NUMBERS 23: 23 AND I QUOTE

THERE IS NO MAGIC CURSE AGAINST JACOB AND NO DIVINATION AGAINST ISRAEL. IT WILL NOW BE SAID ABOUT JACOB AND ISRAEL, " WHAT GREAT THINGS GOD HAS DONE!".(WHAT HAS GOD WROUGHT).

THIS WAS EXTENDED BEFORE CONGRESS IN THE UNITED STATES.

IN A NUTSHELL SAMUEL MORSE WAS TALKING ABOUT THE TELEGRAPH MACHINE WHILE MAKING REFERENCE TO NUMBERS 23:23

[b]ON THE US CAPITOL BUILDING WHAT IS WRITTEN ON THE PLAQUE IS;

"ON MAY 24 1844 IN THE OLD SUPREME COURT ROOM NOW THE LAW LIBRARY IN THE CAPITOL-SENT THE ABOVE MESSAGE TO BALTIMORE MARYLAND BY THE FIRST ELECTRO-MAGNETIC TELEGRAPH INSTRUMENT.

ON MAY 24 1944 THE SEVENTY EIGHT CONGRESS OF THE UNITED STATES-SECOND SESSION DEDICATED THIS MEMORIAL TO THE HUMILITY AND VISION WHICH ENABLED THIS INVENTOR TO BE THE CONVEYOR OF THIS UNIVERSAL BLESSING TO MANKING".

HIS INVENTION REVOLUTIONIZED COMMUNICATION! IT TOOK LETTER WRITING THAT TOOK DAYS AND SOMETIMES WEEKS TO GET TO THEIR DESTINATION TO AN INSTANT FORM OF COMMUNICATION.

EVERY SMARTPHONE BEGAN WITH THE TELEGRAPH!

THE TELEGRAPH WAS IN THE 1840S AND THEN IN 1900 GUGLIELMO MARCONI INVENTED THE WIRELESS TELEGRAPH. SO WIRELESS BEGAN JUST 40YRS AFTER MORSE INVENTED THE TELEGRAPH. ALSO NOTE THAT GUGLIELMO MARCONI WAS A CHRISTIAN.

MORSE WENT BEFORE THE CONGRESS TO PRESENT HIS INVENTION HOPING THEY WOULD FUND IT ESPECIALLY BECAUSE IT WAS DURING THE WAR BUT THE CONGRESS DID NOT WANT TO SPEND MONEY ON THAT BUT THEN WESTERN UNION GOT IT AND IT WENT ALL OVER THE UNITED STATES IN JUST 19 YRS.

NOTICE IT DID NOT GO ALL OVER THE WORLD. IT WAS LIMITED TO THE UNITED STATES UNTIL CYRUS FIELD CAME ALONG. HE WAS A VERY WEALTHY CHRISTIAN MAN AND AMONG THE RICHEST IN THE COUNTRY THEN ANS HE DECIDED IT WOULD BE VERY INFLUENTIAL FOR IT GO ALL OVER THE WORLD.

SO SOME GUYS CAME WITH AN IDEA TO CREATE A TELEGRAPH LINE FROM NORTHERN CANADA TO NEWYORK IN ORDER TO FURTHER SPEED UP COMMUNICATION SO CYRUS FIELD LOOKED AT THE WORLD MAP BUT SAW SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND SUGGESTED THEY GO ACROSS THE OCEAN INSTEAD AND THEY FELT HE WAS CRAZY AS SUCH HAD NEVER BEEN ATTEMPTED BEFORE. NOTE CYRUS FIELD WAS CHRISTIAN.

HE RAISED THE MONEY AND IN 1857 THEY TOOK OFF AND I QUOTE,

" A SORT OF BENEDICTION FOR THE TRANSATLANTIC CABLE, CYRUS FIELD TURNED TO THE BIBLE AND SAID, " WHAT GOD HAS JOINED TOGETHER LET NO MAN PUT ASUNDER".

THIS WAS SAID BEFORE THEY STARTED LAYING THE CABLE ACROSS THE OCEAN AND THEN ON AUGUST 16 1858 THE FIRST MESSAGE SENT VIA THE CABLE, OTHER THAN TECHNICAL MESSAGES SENT BY ELECTRICIANS SETTING UP THE SYSTEM WAS

"EUROPE AND AMERICA ARE UNITED BY TELEGRAPHY. GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST, ON EARTH, AND GOOD WILL TOWARD MEN".

THIS MESSAGE WAS SENT FROM ENGLAND.

CYRUS FIELD ACTUALLY BELIEVED THAT IF HE COULD UNITE NATIONS VIA THE TELEGRAPH IT WOULD BRING ABOUT PEACE ON THE EARTH. THAT WAS HIS MOTIVATION. CYRUS FIELD WAS A VERY WEALTHY MAN AND HE BELIEVED HE COULD USE HIS WEALTH TO CHANGE CULTURES AND FOSTER PEACE.

THE FIRST MESSAGE VIA THE TRANSATLANTIC CABLE FROM PRESIDENT BUCHANAN OF THE UNITED STATES TO THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND WAS AND I QUOTE,

" IT IS A TRIUMPH MORE GLORIOUS BECAUSE FAR MORE USEFUL TO MANKIND THAN EVER WON BY CONQUEROR ON THE FIELD OF BATTLE. MAY THE ATLANTIC TELEGRAPH UNDER THE BLESSING OF HEAVEN PROVE TO BE A BOND OF PERPETUAL PEACE AND FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN THE KINDRED NATIONS AND AN INSTRUMENT DESIGNED BY DIVINE PROVIDENCE TO DIFFUSE RELIGION, CIVILIZATION, LIBERTY AND LAW THROUGHOUT THE WORLD.

IN THIS VIEW WILL NOT ALL THE NATIONS OF CHRISTENDOM SPONTANEOUSLY UNITE IN THE DECLARATION THAT IT SHALL BE FOREVER NEUTRAL AND ITS COMMUNICATIONS SHALL BE HELD SACRED IN PASSING TO THE PLACE OF THEIR DESTINATION, EVEN IN THE MIDST OF HOSTILITIES?"

THIS TRANSATLANTIC CABLE PAVED THE WAY FOR GOOGLE TO ADD DATA LINES ACROSS THE OCEAN SO YOU CAN ACCESS INTERNET IN DATA CENTERS ALL OVER THE WORLD.

CHRISTIANS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD AND THE SALT OF THE EARTH AND WILL ALWAYS REMAIN SO. THIS IS KNOWN ALL OVER THE WORLD AS TILL TODAY THE IMPACT OF CHRISTIANS IN SCIENCE IS WHAT BEGAN SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTIONS WORLDWIDE.

MUST WATCH VIDEO LINKING THE TELEGRAPH MACHINE TO THE SMART PHONE TODAY (JUST 2 MINUTES)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2IAh3uIGcc

cc kingebukasblog, felixomor, shadeyinka, pidgin2, bennyann, promise10, Gombs, anas09, akintom, mrmontella, seun, 4kings, Winner01 , Richirich713, scholar8200 , malvisguy212 , Muafrika2, Dejideji1 , truthman2012, Image123 , InesQor, Joshthefirst MrPresident1, gatiano sukkot, OLAADEGBU , vooks, UyiIredia , Jeromejnr, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, bxcode, Topeakintola, Tellemall, Ishilove, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, udysweet, Edelweiss44 , DeepSight

Johnydon22 ilovetheline, JackBizzle, Kay17, AgentOfAllah, Ayomikun37 , hahn , sonOfLucifer , frank317 muskeeto , Decker , PastorAIO , ValentineMary , Pyrrho , braithwaite , dragonEmperor , theoneJabulani , lepasharon , cloudgoddess , ifenes , brigance , stephenmorris , thehomer , dalaman , Ranchhoddas , weah96 , CAPSLOCKED

11 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by DoctorAlien(m): 11:07pm On Dec 20, 2016
Yes,

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." Prov. 9:10

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by MizCharm: 11:46pm On Dec 20, 2016
Wow!
Am glad am a Christian.
There's no other way to live.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by Anas09: 11:47pm On Dec 20, 2016
You know they are lazy and can't read right?

1 Like

Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by shadeyinka(m): 12:01am On Dec 21, 2016
Nice writeup.
I am expecting part 2

Atheists onNL forget that the Fathers and Grand Father's of the modern science are actually fervent Christians

Pls don't capitalize your words again. Colours are ok

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by MrTeCO(m): 12:13am On Dec 21, 2016
I read it from beginning to the end.....thank you for sharing this. am working on my Christian faith once more.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by Medicis(m): 12:16am On Dec 21, 2016
"What has God wrought indeed". And you'll see some rats here blaspheming God, the giver of knowledge. May God have mercy on their souls.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by MrMontella(m): 5:44am On Dec 21, 2016
I saw no legacy of smartphones
wetin concern smartphone with telegraph?

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by Nobody: 6:13am On Dec 21, 2016
MrMontella:

How will you see when you are already blind to truth. I guess historians and even the lady in the last video is smarter than you since they linked it. I guess you do not realize that all other phone technology has been piggy backing off the telegraph as improvements and not new inventions.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/inventions/5-industrial-revolution-inventions8.htm

http://www.520parkapartments.com/blog/from-telegraph-to-smartphone

Keep on deceiving yourself

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by Omudia11: 6:32am On Dec 21, 2016
you didnt watch the video.
MrMontella:

Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 21, 2016
Mynd44, lalasticlala, i think this deserves the front page
Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by Anas09: 7:42am On Dec 21, 2016
4everGod:

How will you see when you are already blind to truth. I guess historians and even the lady in the last video is smarter than you since they linked it. I guess you do not realize that all other phone technology has been piggy backing off the telegraph as improvements and not new inventions.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/inventions/5-industrial-revolution-inventions8.htm

http://www.520parkapartments.com/blog/from-telegraph-to-smartphone

Keep on deceiving yourself
I told you they are lazy. He didn't read the Op or watch the Videos.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by Anas09: 7:45am On Dec 21, 2016
MrTeCO:
I read it from beginning to the end.....thank you for sharing this. am working on my Christian faith once more.
What happened to it?
Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by jonbellion(m): 7:48am On Dec 21, 2016
Ok
Clap for the christians undecided
Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 21, 2016
jonbellion:
Ok

Your atheist friend STEPHEN FRY already did that and it was well covered and viewed by close to 62000 people on youtube and worldwide on BBC. Youtube is not going out of circulation soon and thanks to the same technology millions watched the documentary worldwide on BBC. You can add yourself to the list by also watching the videos.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 21, 2016
jonbellion:
Ok

Funny enough, when the telephone first came out, christians called it demonic and a tool of the devil.
And some even boycotted it.

4 Likes

Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by jonbellion(m): 8:02am On Dec 21, 2016
MrMontella:

don't mind them this is just them clutching at straws
A very desperate measure
Is a telegraph an OS-NO!
A smartphone is a computer that uses the knowledge of programming language to be configured
A telegraph sends and receives messages
They could have just said mobile phone but noooooo
Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 21, 2016
jonbellion:
A very desperate measure
Is a telegraph an OS-NO!
A smartphone is a computer that uses the knowledge of programming language to be configured

Yeah yeah try and salvage your bruised ego a bit i know it didnt seat well with you as the atheist you are. However your opinion doesnt matter when compared to those of millions worldwide and since you are not as well known as stephen fry or Amy Henderson the historian i guess it even matters less. cheers

1 Like

Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by jonbellion(m): 8:09am On Dec 21, 2016
4everGod:

Yeah yeah try and salvage your bruised ego a bit i know it didnt seat well with you as the atheist you are. However your opinion doesnt matter when compared to those of millions worldwide and since you are not as well known as stephen fry or Amy Henderson the historian i guess it even matters less. cheers
lmaooooooo
Please
The first real computers where used during world war 2
Every other thing since then has been an improvement
Thanks to Alan Turing the father of modern computer science cool

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 21, 2016
Lennycool:

Funny enough, when the telephone first came out, christians called it demonic and a tool of the devil.
And some even boycotted it.

Shut up your mouth you liar. Nobody called it a demonic tool especially christians. It was only the US congress that initially denied Morse funding due to low funds caused by the war.

Stop lying for atheism even though i know lying is part of the atheist genes
Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 21, 2016
jonbellion:
lmaooooooo
Please
The first real computers where used during world war 2
Every other thing since then has been an improvement
Thanks to Alan Turing the father of modern computer science cool

Boy you fail to see the point of the OP. Even your computer fed off the knowledge of the telegraph via the transatlantic cable which revolutionized communication. Every form of telecoms you can mention today feeds off the telegraph invention and idea.

I know you wouldnt know this being 24yrs old and all so i know your knowledge would be limited.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by jonbellion(m): 8:15am On Dec 21, 2016
4everGod:

Boy you fail to see the point of the OP. Even your computer fed off the knowledge of the telegraph via the transatlantic cable which revolutionized communication. Every form of telecoms you can mention today feeds off the telegraph invention and idea.

I know you wouldnt know this being 24yrs old and all so i know your knowledge would be limited.
will you keep quiet
I read computer science
Can the telegraph write code
Can it even write assembly language
No
No
No
cool

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 21, 2016
jonbellion:
will you keep quiet
I read computer science
Can the telegraph write code
Can it even write assembly language
No
No
No
cool

Indeed you are limited in knowledge. Even the telegraph itself was utilized using codes known as the Morse Code. Every form of communication including code writing came through the telegraph. The idea that you could utilize codes in communication plus the instant message transmission plus the long distance message carriage all came together to revolutionize the communications world.

Every other telecoms idea piggy backed off it. Keep on arguing in your ignorance and your failed attempt at saving a bit of your bruised atheist ego.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by jonbellion(m): 8:22am On Dec 21, 2016
4evergod call me when the telegraph could write a very basic function of programming language
Charles Babbage's calculating engine had the idea cool
Alan Turing modified it cool
I advise you to learn a programming language
Coding is the future cool

1 Like

Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 21, 2016
jonbellion:
4evergod call me when the telegraph could write a very basic function of programming language
Charles Babbage's calculating engine had the idea cool
Alan Turing modified it cool
I advise you to learn a programming language
Coding is the future cool

You are even more dumb than i thought.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by jonbellion(m): 8:24am On Dec 21, 2016
I'll galjing about a pegr.avle co outer!
4everGod:

Indeed you are limited in knowledge. Even the telegraph itself was utilized using codes known as the Morse Code. Every form of communication including code writing came through the telegraph. The idea that you could utilize codes in communication plus the instant message transmission plus the long distance message carriage all came together to revolutionize the communications world.

Every other telecoms idea piggy backed off it. Keep on arguing in your ignorance and your failed attempt at saving a bit of your bruised atheist ego.
I'll talking about a programmable computer!
Stop
Just stop
Youre in my fort cool
Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 21, 2016
jonbellion:
I'll galjing about a pegr.avle co outer! I'll talking about a programmable computer!
Stop
Just stop
Youre in my fort cool

Can you break down what your computer uses in networking?
Can you tell me what your computer uses in transmission of info even when the internet is introduced to it?
Can you tell me how the idea of coding came about?
Can you tell me how the idea that such a manner of communication even became an idea?

I have one answer for you

Samuel Morse and his telegraph machine. The entire world knows that was what opened the eyes of the world to the possibility of communication in every form and till today the most modern telecoms ideas borrow from the idea concept of the Telegraph.

Grow up and learn.
Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by jonbellion(m): 8:27am On Dec 21, 2016
4everGod:

You are even more dumb than i thought.
and you are ignorant
You can't compare Morse code to Charles Babbage's machine
You're arguing on what you know nothing about
KingEbukasBlog even knows this
He's reading computer science
Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 21, 2016
jonbellion:
and you are ignorant
You can't compare Morse code to Charles Babbage's machine
You're arguing on what you know nothing about
KingEbukasBlog even knows this
He's reading computer science

The entire argument is lost on you. The modern smart cars and hybrids you have today came about how?
Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 21, 2016
Jonbellion every invention was an idea and when they are brought to reality and found to work..Every other idea along those lines which did not deviate from the origin is seen as an improvement but not a fresh invention.

The idea of the telegraph was simple

1) COMMUNICATION

2) TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION

3) QUICK AND EFFECTIVE TRANSMISSION

4) CONNECTING THE WORLD

From the above 4 items on the list has anything changed today?
Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by MrMontella(m): 8:36am On Dec 21, 2016
jonbellion:
A very desperate measure
Is a telegraph an OS-NO!
did you see me respond to their quotes of my comment?

I just scoffed!...
Re: The Christian Legacy Of Smartphones by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 21, 2016
MrMontella:

did you see me respond to their quotes of my comment?

I just scoffed!...

Yep you always scoff when butt hurt. I understand grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jesus Told His Disciples To Take A Donkey And Colt Without The Owner's Consent / Why You Should Pray Well Before Serving God In A Church / Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.