Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,340 members, 7,853,520 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:14 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1102286 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 12:50pm On Jun 10, 2015
RamsayBolton:

Come at me bro

You shall be conquered. It has been ordained by the Lord of Light tongue tongue
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
Aida13:

People forced him to claim the throne. He was well loved and they felt him more charismatic than Stannis. If not Renley wasn't that ambitious. He just had powerful friends who wanted him at the top ie the House of Flowers.

Are you for real ? He wasn't ambituous ?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by helpsystem: 1:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
I remembered the part tyrion was telling a story about his father calling him a fool when he was young for believing a dragon can ever exist not less someone riding it. in episode nine when he saw the queen riding one, you can see in his face how he wish his father was alive to witness how short sighted and foolish he is. that look mehn it got me shivering. I think in the movie, tyrion is always right and I think is the most intelligent in the show, and a plus to the queen. the lannister know not what they miss by chasing him away.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
Renly already planted the notion when he told Ned to seize the children and Cersei. "He who holds the king, holds the kingdom". And you're telling me he didnt want the crown, he wasnt ambitious ? The Tyrells filled in with Renly because they had much to gain from it than with Stannis. Margaery will be queen, and the Tyrells will take the pkace of the Lannisters as the power behind the throne.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aida13: 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2015
LeviStark:

If he wasn't married to Margery and had her family House Tyrell behind him, would he have really bothered to lay claim to the throne? I think not. Anyway you're free to dislike him.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
Aida13:

If he wasn't married to Margery and had her family House Tyrell behind him, would he have really bothered to lay claim to the throne? I think not. Anyway you're free to dislike him.

It was him and Loras who had the idea. Ofcourse he bothered. Its not that i dislike him, but that's just the truth. Without the Reach he would have the Stormlands. But a king must wed so he wed Margaery and got the support of the Reach also.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aida13: 1:59pm On Jun 10, 2015
LeviStark:

It was him and Loras who had the idea. Ofcourse he bothered. Its not that i dislike him, but that's just the truth. Without the Reach he would have the Stormlands. But a king must wed so he wed Margaery and got the support of the Reach also.

I know Renly is not perfect, I just felt bad when you called him a traitor I guess I defended him... Anyway left to me none of them had claim.. The true ruler should be from the Targaryen House, that's my belief so all this Stannis palaver is just laughable to me.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RamsayBolton: 2:15pm On Jun 10, 2015
Dragonking:

You shall be conquered. It has been ordained by the Lord of Light tongue tongue

The Lord of light or lol as i like to call him is not going to help you. Neither is your daughters blood that you executed like a good little muppet/puppet.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 10, 2015
Aida13:

I know Renly is not perfect, I just felt bad when you called him a traitor I guess I defended him... Anyway left to me none of them had claim.. The true ruler should be from the Targaryen House, that's my belief so all this Stannis palaver is just laughable to me.

House Targaryen had no right to Westeros,but they conquered it. Now its left to them to make right of what they conquered. There have been great kings and bad ones, and mad ones too. But over 300 years, there have been more than 5 wars under Trag rule, Aerys ruined any chance of making afresh, and based on Hobbesian Theory, the Rebel's had every right to rebel. So House Targaryen were conquered by House Baratheon. You can argue that the Iron Throne was made by Aegon I or that he was the one who united Westeros, so then Targs should rule, but they were conquered. Therefore the throne belongs to Stannis. Daenerys can only reconquer it. Oh and conquering doesnt have to be a war, it could be that the people just accepted Targ rule back, that's still reconquering. Renly had no claim to the throne as long as Stannis lives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Mrblaze06: 2:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
So we all are now assuming that all the westeros know that cercei children are bastard
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
Mrblaze06:
So we all are now assuming that all the westeros know that cercei children are bastard

They either dont or feign ignorance.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 3:20pm On Jun 10, 2015
LeviStark:

Yes he wasn't, it was his boy-fucker from High garden that poisoned his mind telling him he'll make a better king than Stannis which landed him in trouble eventually.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 3:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
RamsayBolton:

The Lord of light or lol as i like to call him is not going to help you. Neither is your daughters blood that you executed like a good little muppet/puppet.

This face will haunt Stannis for the rest of his reign should he ever sit on the Iron Throne. I see him turning into the Mad King no2.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ghost01(m): 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2015
Bamz:

A poster must be aware: wisdom may not be acquired simply through reading books; knowledge is one thing, wisdom is yet another.

A poster knows nothing.
Prosaic babble.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Bamz(m): 3:48pm On Jun 10, 2015
Ghost01:
Prosaic babble.

A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.

A man has duties.

8 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by philfearon(m): 3:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
The only two Constant things in this series is that Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow always get the epic scenes

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2015
Bamz:

A girl has many words on her lips.

A girl must know that debts must be payed and The One who tortures, tortures without mercy.

A minute, an hour, a month. Death is certain. The time is not.

A boy should understand when a woman enjoys a great movie.

Ramsay bolton, the red witch, Stannis Baratheon!

A boy must also know that the death of these three is certain, only time will tell.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 4:22pm On Jun 10, 2015
themodernman:

Jorah wants to tap dat booty but just doesn't know how to go about it. He's not just interested in dying for nothing like you think...even Viscerys said it b4when Jorah stopped him from stealing Daenerys dragon eggs. Tyrion also confirmed it dat Jorah loves Daenerys. He just doesn't know how to make Daenerys love her back.

But Daario on the other hand is a Kokomaster! He knows how to pull Daenerys strings anyday...Jorah is just the typical loverboy who ends up used by a woman and dumped eventually. Imagine he even had to sell slaves to marry a rich woman which got him banished and d woman ended up in d arms of another man. Ser Jorah is meek dan Reek.

Lool what's the comparism with reek? Even when he was theon, he can't be compared with jorah.

Yea am aware of how much jorah loves dany but I think this jorah has come to terms that his feelings won't be reciprocated ever. Thus he just wants to die fighting and protecting her, that's the fulfilment he seeks.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 4:58pm On Jun 10, 2015
gj22:

An soo glad I was wrong about sam.

I thought Alliser was not going to let them in.

Alliser is a good man seriously. People don't see that. I fell in love with him after that battle at Castle black.

Ser friend zone crossed d seven seas to be with Dany and when he finally achieved that, she jumped on a dragon and flew away from him.

"Oysters, clams and cockles"

Ramsey asked for 20 men not hundred

Yeah I also fell in love him right there, wish he'd be humble a lil and work with jon tho, they make a good team...and if he had started a battle right there, it would have been bloody. I see the wildings as better fighter than the night watchers.

Lool I don't want to think or believe dany just flew away and left her friends to die, I think the director was pulling a fast one on us right there. She'l be back to save them all, fighting alongside with drogon because if she doesnt, they shall all die or perhaps be surrounded and kept prisoners...the directors can't afford to loose them all like that, won't be good for the movie.

Arya, always loved her right from season 1, smart gurl she is and she's gonna plot and kill trant...and on ramsey's number of men, I've been corrected earlier by his namesake, nothing about ramsey passes by him lool
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RamsayBolton: 5:00pm On Jun 10, 2015
luxanne:

Ramsay bolton, the red witch, Stannis Baratheon!

A boy must also know that the death of these three is certain, only time will tell.

Lol. Do you think this is some fantasy, romantic, happy ending TV soap opera where all the pantomime villains get their just desserts?? This is Game of Thrones. Just because you don't like a character doesn't mean they die or even suffer for that matter.

'If you think this will have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.'

Do you even know where you are?

- Ramsay 'Don't wanna be a flayer no more' Bolton.

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 5:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
RamsayBolton:

Lol. Do you think this is some fantasy, romantic, happy ending TV soap opera where all the pantomime villains get their just desserts?? This is Game of Thrones. Just because you don't like a character doesn't mean they die or even suffer for that matter.

'If you think this will have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.'

Do you even know where you are?

- Ramsay 'Don't wanna be a flayer no more' Bolton.

Aha there u are, was just tellin gj22 about you up there, lool

Duh! Even in real life, I know it doesn't happen so but then again, this is GOT where the bad guys die and the good ones too as well just like in real life, never say never tongue

@the pic you uploaded, funny but true esp that of jamie's, I've always had that feeling.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nani667: 5:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
There are just two people I've always wanted to see humbled in the Series.... That Queen Mother and Ramsey.... Patiently waiting to see Ramsey in Pain
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 5:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
AgapeCharis:
What's it with this game of thrones sef. undecided

Eh? You dare ask with that tone? You want your hands to be chopped off? angry

Lool.

Its a great series dear, I recommend you see it.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 6:05pm On Jun 10, 2015
luxanne:

Lool what's the comparism with reek? Even when he was theon, he can't be compared with jorah.

Yea am aware of how much jorah loves dany but I think this jorah has come to terms that his feelings won't be reciprocated ever. Thus he just wants to die fighting and protecting her, that's the fulfilment he seeks.

Die for a woman's unrequited feelings and she'll bring Daario to his burial and still wipe her ephemeral sorrow by riding Daario the same night...

What a horrible way to die sad God forbid!

It's his life anyway, let him go and die.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 6:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
themodernman:

Die for a woman's unrequited feelings and she'll bring Daario to his burial and still wipe her ephemeral sorrow by riding Daario the same night...

What a horrible way to die sad God forbid!

It's his life anyway, let him go and die.
Dany took the best part of that poor dude's life. Jorah the obtuse in the eternal triangle. undecided

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 6:50pm On Jun 10, 2015
sage1000:
Couldn't resist giving one lat reply.

I don't see how he would win the throne after sacrificing his daughter. Remember she is his only heir also no great lord is going to support him now either because what he did is completely distasteful that even Roose would tell him it was a bad thing to do and lets not forget the last king they rebelled against, the Mad King who also had a fondness for burning people. Nobody is going to support a man that can burn his only child especially when they recall Aerys. Last thing, now the faith has a lot of power amongst the smallfolk and that is another faction he just alienated. Apart from his almost mutinous army, he has lost every support he might have gotten. So yeah he wins this battle but he has lost the war.

it is not really unfair, Stannis is a lot of people favorite character. What would you say if out of the blue they have Jon Snow rape a character or have Arya fall in love with Meryn Trant? That is exactly the same way Stannis fans feel about him burning his daughter.

Everyone here knows I am a Stannis fan and I think he deserves the throne more than anyone else (I don't like Dany that much)

Anyway, we just have to see the consequences his actions will bring.

I for one can't wait to see what kind of sorcery Melisandre will conjure next episode.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 6:50pm On Jun 10, 2015
RamsayBolton:

What about all the innocent ladies and women that Ramsay raped and executed? cheesy cheesy

Your statement is a classical example of pot calling kettle black.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Mrblaze06: 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
LeviStark:

They either dont or feign ignorance.
or they are afraid of voicing it out
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 6:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
Dragonking:
Honestly, anyone that says episode 9 wasn't interesting needs his head examined.

It was interesting. They are probably still feeling white walker fever from episode 8
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 6:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
Dragonking:

Despite I like Ramsay, I like stannis more. Stannis has my full support..I hope he conquers the Bolton's.

Same here. Despite his actions, I see a man who will choose his duty to the seven kingdoms over his own family... that is a true king.

Or I am just a fanboy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 6:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
UjSizzle:

This here is the problem.
How do you know those criticizing the character weren't also acting on what they watched, rather than what they read?
I know I wasn't basing anything on the boo and yet someone attacked me.
Let's try and be objective please. If you don't want book spoilers then stop using everything as an excuse to use the B word.

Fair enough
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 6:59pm On Jun 10, 2015
LeSulk:
The Show's producers Beinoff and Weiss have confirmed that it was actually Martin who told them that Shireen will be sacrificed in the upcoming 6th b**k (B-word).B**k Readers who have been lashing out at D & D,will you also lash out at your master,Martin?
www.zap2it.com/blogs/game_of_thrones_showrunners_george_rr_martin_shireen_dies-2015-06

Haha. They think his word is god's word.

Now they will be okay with it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (859) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.