Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,857 members, 7,848,477 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 12:56 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1100279 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 8:35am On May 20, 2016
ilynem:

Don't get me wrong. Syrio was great or Ned wouldn't pay him to teach arya. But if you were going against members of the kings guard, it is expected you go with your best men. So it is safe to say, those men where Ned's best. Syrio was great (even though he was stupid. You took down five men with a wooden sword, pick up and a real sword and fight!). But being killed by trant disqualifies him albeit with a wooden sword.

sm1 has said smtin about this b4 I'll just reiterate
Syrio didn't know wat was happening so if yu notice
1. he didn't kill d guards
2. he didn't pick a real sword
if not he'd ve fought trant more seriously
The best sword of bravos could ve killed trant Remember An attack on d kings guard is tantamount to an attack on d king/kingdom
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 8:35am On May 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
He meant that Robb did not lose any battle until the Red Wedding.

the red wedding wasn't a battle twas a slaughter
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by datigbogirl: 8:40am On May 20, 2016
ilynem:

Noted Ser. So going by the show, my top ten would be:
1. Robert at his prime.
2. Authur Dayne.
3. Barristan Selmy.
4. Drogo.
5. Oberyn Martel.
6. Jamie Lannister with both hands
7. The mountain.
8. Brienne
9. Loras Tyrell
10. A tie between the hound, bronn and Dario.

What about Jorah the Andal? That one no sabi pass to dey chase Dany pvssy up and down....lols

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by datigbogirl: 8:42am On May 20, 2016
deept:
Too much headache on who is a better fighter. Whoever the director/producer wants to be a better fighter is a better fighter. Sam and snow are the best, they have faced the white Walker and killed one

Sam the best Even Sam will burst out laughing when he hears that.....
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ranchhoddas: 8:45am On May 20, 2016
moski5:

the red wedding wasn't a battle twas a slaughter
I know that.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by deept(m): 8:48am On May 20, 2016
datigbogirl:

Sam the best Even Sam will burst out laughing when he hears that.....

even i laughed when i made post,but who can boast of killing a whitewalker? at least that one enter himCV which is better than facing and killing five men at once
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ranchhoddas: 8:48am On May 20, 2016
maafen:
If the Targaryens are resistant to heat and fires why does the heat of the molten gold kill Viserys Targaryen ( Daenery's brother in season 1)? Thought the trait runs in their blood.
Not everyone has the gene.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ilynem(m): 9:06am On May 20, 2016
moski5:

sm1 has said smtin about this b4 I'll just reiterate
Syrio didn't know wat was happening so if yu notice
1. he didn't kill d guards
2. he didn't pick a real sword
if not he'd ve fought trant more seriously
The best sword of bravos could ve killed trant Remember An attack on d kings guard is tantamount to an attack on d king/kingdom
Well, only one of them was a kingsguard and if he had killed all lannister soldiers and trant, no one would have known he did it. And he would have been in better position to protect arya. He was indeed stupid.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ilynem(m): 9:08am On May 20, 2016
datigbogirl:

What about Jorah the Andal? That one no sabi pass to dey chase Dany pvssy up and down....lols

Jorah doesnt count jare.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:23am On May 20, 2016
ilynem:

And so did Robb I assume. But that doesn't mean Robb was a great fighter. I maintain my stance that in the books, Ned was average, judging from what I read in books once. And that quote doesn't necessarily mean he fought at the vanguard. It just meant his bannermen where his friends.

This quote was followed by Cat's thoughts of how Robb reminded her of Ned, they bought fought were the battle was thickest.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:25am On May 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Now this is silly.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:27am On May 20, 2016
maafen:
If the Targaryens are resistant to heat and fires why does the heat of the molten gold kill Viserys Targaryen ( Daenery's brother in season 1)? Thought the trait runs in their blood.

They have a tolerance. It is stated that some Targs loved their baths extremely hot and all. But they're not immune, they will die by fire. Which is why that scene with Dany didnt make any sense.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:31am On May 20, 2016
maafen:

It's not Targaryens, it's Dany. It's her specifically.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Tapout(m): 9:33am On May 20, 2016
gj22:

It is most likely him but it's not 100%. If you think it is, I will like to hear why.

cos of his reaction when shaggydog's head was brought in
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:36am On May 20, 2016
Gbola5:

They have a tolerance. It is stated that some Targs loved their baths extremely hot and all. But they're not immune, they will die by fire. Which is why that scene with Dany didnt make any sense.

This fire/heat magic is specific to Dany alone. Must the directors say it in an interview before you realise that? She is a chosen one. She even had a dream on how to hatch the dragon eggs.

Targaryens are not immune, Dany is. She even said it that Viserys is not a true dragon (or something like that)... fire cannot kill a dragon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:37am On May 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

I wouldn't really call it a gene because it is magic that is involved but you are right. Not everyone has the "gene"
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:39am On May 20, 2016
Tapout:

cos of his reaction when shaggydog's head was brought in

If it was a ploy, he would have reacted the same. But I agree tho, it's Rikkon.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Tapout(m): 9:40am On May 20, 2016
Gbola5:

There are no loopholes. Jon is breaking his vow by leaving the Night's Watch. Who would believe him South of the Wall ? The vow says, " It shall not end until my death.", but he's alive, it's like a patient on CPR. The vow also says, " I shall live and die at my post." Live and Die. It also says, " I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come." All the nights to come. The episode was Oathbreaker afterall.

if ur going to justify the word Oathbreaker, then u really need to come up with something concrete....can someone be on CPR n be pronounced dead?? If u didn't notice, the were already preparing to burn him, in other words, Bury him.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ranchhoddas: 9:50am On May 20, 2016
Gbola5:

Now this is silly.
How so? Not every Targaryen is immune to fire hence my use of the term 'gene'.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:54am On May 20, 2016
gj22:

This fire/heat magic is specific to Dany alone. Must the directors say it in an interview before you realise that? She is a chosen one. She even had a dream on how to hatch the dragon eggs.

Targaryens are not immune, Dany is. She even said it that Viserys is not a true dragon (or something like that)... fire cannot kill a dragon.

She doesn't need to be immune, so why make her immune.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:01am On May 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
How so? Not every Targaryen is immune to fire hence my use of the term 'gene'.

Summerhall, Battle of Redgrass Field, The Dance of Dragons, lots of Targs have died by fire. And they were as Targ as Targs get. Its not a 'gene'. Besides they burn the bodies of dead Targs to collect their ashes, which wouldnt be possible if they were immune. The thing with Dany and the birth of dragons was a one time thing, something magical, a miracle, which would not happen again( GRRM ).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 10:28am On May 20, 2016
gj22:

They weren't attack dogs. They are just blood hounds (for tracking), the ran away. What did you expect them to do, pick up a sword and start fighting Brienne of fooking tarth?
A Bolton soldier was still holding them, maybe he was the one that took them away.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 10:51am On May 20, 2016
Gbola5:

She doesn't need to be immune, so why make her immune.

Because she NEEDS to be.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 11:09am On May 20, 2016
Gbola5:

Summerhall, Battle of Redgrass Field, The Dance of Dragons, lots of Targs have died by fire. And they were as Targ as Targs get. Its not a 'gene'. Besides they burn the bodies of dead Targs to collect their ashes, which wouldnt be possible if they were immune. The thing with Dany and the birth of dragons was a one time thing, something magical, a miracle, which would not happen again( GRRM ).

This your logic is soo flawed, I don't even know where to start. How can you say a dead body will not burn? That's like saying dead wargs should still be able to warg.

I don't even know why this is still up for discussion.

Twice in fire, twice not burned and we are still arguing if fire can hurt her?

Not to talk of her extremely hot bath, her holding hot dragon eggs, her dragons breathing fire past her in qarth.

She is magically immune plain and simple. Why D & D want it this way is their choice. It's possible some of their ancestors have been immune too (show universe).

@bolded, didn't the show runners also say that Jon snow isn't coming back?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ranchhoddas: 11:11am On May 20, 2016
Gbola5:

Not immune per se but they possess a more than normal tolerance to heat.I agree though that Dany's events were miraculous.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:37am On May 20, 2016
gj22:

Because she NEEDS to be.
Why.. ?!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 12:44pm On May 20, 2016
ilynem:

Well, only one of them was a kingsguard and if he had killed all lannister soldiers and trant, no one would have known he did it. And he would have been in better position to protect arya. He was indeed stupid.

Are you dreaming? kill a kingsguard n lannister guard in the hands quarters close to the palace n no one will know how?

like I said he didn't know wat was going on, he told Arya to go find her fada sm1 dey had arrested, he felt it best to sacrifice himself
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 1:13pm On May 20, 2016
Gbola5:

Why.. ?!

How am I supposed to know why?

You do realise that we are watching a long story unfold right? Do I look like someone who can see the future?

Why not let the story end before you suggest if she needs that particular skill set.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by maputohq: 3:32pm On May 20, 2016
ilynem:
Noted Ser. So going by the show, my top ten would be: 1. Robert at his prime. 2. Authur Dayne. 3. Barristan Selmy. 4. Drogo. 5. Oberyn Martel. 6. Jamie Lannister with both hands 7. The mountain. 8. Brienne 9. Loras Tyrell 10. A tie between the hound, bronn and Dario.
i will rate them thus: 1. arthur dayne 2. drogo 3. robert 4. barristan selmy 5. jamie lannister 6. oberyn martel 7. loras tyrell 8. dario 9. hound 10. bronn 11. the mountain 12. brienne
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by jonsnow92: 5:00pm On May 20, 2016
datigbogirl:

Jon Snow that even killed a white walker and a giant wildling... Jon is better dan Robb in my opinion.
We know those we saw..Its a show thread infact..And according to what we've seen Jon is better..Maybe in the books Robb is better buh in G.O.T Jons definitely better
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ilynem(m): 5:36pm On May 20, 2016
maputohq:

i will rate them thus:
1. arthur dayne
2. drogo
3. robert
4. barristan selmy
5. jamie lannister
6. oberyn martel
7. loras tyrell
8. dario
9. hound
10. bronn
11. the mountain
12. brienne
Nice. Except we have seen the Hound get beat by Brienne

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ilynem(m): 5:39pm On May 20, 2016
Gbola5:

Viserys called himself the dragon. Barrister Selmy claimed Rheager was the last dragon. The way I see it, there are some targs who were called dragons and they were immune to fire. Remember when Viserys died? Dany said 'he was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon'. I guess she is a dragon that's why she is immune to fire. Dunno. Just my two pens

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (859) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.