Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,517 members, 7,854,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:39 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1102609 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by stainlex(m): 1:42pm On May 24, 2016
InesQor:

If you can see into the future and the past, you better know how to code info or else you will cause many problems. Some mistakes MUST be made, but if people know they will try to avoid these mistakes or try to take advantage of profits - and things will get ruined.

Yes o! Yawa go gas! Because without Bran fücking up, there'll be no Hodor..but without Hodor, there'll be no Bran fucking up at weirwood too. Abeg, this loop crase gan! Lol..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ba7man(m): 1:46pm On May 24, 2016
maputohq:

more like a cycle. the past controls the future which also controls the past. that scene is a dumb one.
Because You don't understand it doesn't mean it's dumb.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by landinfo: 1:52pm On May 24, 2016
With Bran finally being the new successor of tha old man & leaving that place (coinciding with his pple taking back winterfell) & with Danearys getting more armies, thix series will not go past 7 seasonz.....
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by maputohq: 1:58pm On May 24, 2016
ba7man:
Because You don't understand it doesn't mean it's dumb.
explain it then.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by datigbogirl: 3:44pm On May 24, 2016
GROOOVE:

Nice try... lets just say the present is already set hence current actions by bran..... every action of bran is what causes the present to occur... more like giving an explanation for the present by influencing the past on basis of things that have already occurred. okay i agree this is confusing

You better no kolo...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by datigbogirl: 3:46pm On May 24, 2016
Vickyydera:
guys dont be surprise to see Hodor alive in next episode.

Babe you need to stop avoiding me you know....i need you.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 24, 2016
datigbogirl:

Babe you need to stop avoiding me you know....i need you.
Have we met before? cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by datigbogirl: 3:54pm On May 24, 2016
Vorpal:

It's just funny how people are unwilling to accept that Hodor was destined to end that way.
He was born so that Bran's journey will not be cut short abruptly. It's like a military saying, "the four stars adorned on a general's shoulder are earned through the blood of young soldiers who died in battle for victory to be sure".

It is a known fact, some people were born to be stepping stones for those who are to achieve victory.

Thats a loser mentality...losers use to pacify themselves....
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by datigbogirl: 3:56pm On May 24, 2016
Vickyydera:
Have we met before? cheesy
Nope...but will sure love to...won't ya?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 24, 2016
datigbogirl:

Nope...but will sure love to...won't ya?
You be boy or you be girl cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by datigbogirl: 4:08pm On May 24, 2016
Vickyydera:
You be boy or you be girl cheesy

Lol...don't mind ma username...it's used to look for trouble and mess with men's brain.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Santino1(m): 4:10pm On May 24, 2016
UjSizzle:

Mel is confused. I think Dany is the one they're waiting for. I'm surprised Mel hasn't heard or her yet and still gallivanting around Westeros making mistakes. But I believe Jon has a big role to play in the coming battle between the Walkers and the Living.

I'm yet to understand what the White walkers want though, and why they're fighting the living. Is this one of those Light vs Darkness battle no one seems to understand?

I see what you did there wink wink wink All you highborns with your big words grin grin grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 24, 2016
datigbogirl:

Lol...don't mind ma username...it's used to look for trouble and mess with men's brain.
ok nice meeting you.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 24, 2016
datigbogirl:

Thats a loser mentality...losers use to pacify themselves....

That's because you see Hodor and those whose roles are not as grand as others particularly those who sacrifice their lives for another to be fulfilled, as losers.

Perhaps if you were Bran, you rather die than have a simpleton die for you.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ba7man(m): 4:35pm On May 24, 2016
maputohq:
explain it then.
*In Jaqen H'agar's voice*

"A man has no explanation to give".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 24, 2016
"The Prince that was promised" and "Azor Ahai" could be two separate people. I don't think it was explicitly stated anywhere that it is one and the same.

Certainly Dany is the Prince, and I am absolutely sure, Jon is Azor Ahai. What seems to be confusing here is that Jon coincidentally is of royal blood even if he is somewhat a bastard.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 6:13pm On May 24, 2016
gj22:

Is it a closed loop tho? I mean, I understand it being predestination paradox but not a closed time loop.

Case 1)
A closed loop is when a present event causes a past event to happen which in turn causes the present to happen. Like travelling back in time and giving your younger self your wristwatch. In this case, the question "where did the watch come from?" cannot be answered. This is a closed time loop.

Case 2)
If you travel back in time and go and kill John F Kennedy, this will only be a predestination paradox but not a closed time loop.

I think Hodor is case 2.

Just my opinion tho

Mmm... perhaps I used the expression "closed loop" erroneously, cos I also think Hodor's was a case2. I figured it's "closed" now since the time flow of events (from our viewing perspective anyway) has exited the loop.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 6:15pm On May 24, 2016
blackjack21:
A man is trying his best.

Mobile or pc?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 6:17pm On May 24, 2016
Endy10:

She didn't say prince, she said, 'the one that was promised'. I think the interpretation is the key. Milisandre made us believe the one promised was male because she was using prince. But the prophecy never mentioned prince.

You are right. I don't know the literal words of the prophecy but she said "one" not prince
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 6:24pm On May 24, 2016
InesQor:

We probably shouldn't assume that this will be the only time loop in the series. Maybe Bran has also caused other problems that we haven't traced yet.

Time loops always make a messy storyline... and rarely looks as cool in a book. I suspect this "Hold the door" theme will play out differently in the book, which would imply this was just a one off by D & D (classic though it was, textbook perfect in fact!). In summary, I don't expect any more of it cos D & D aren't playing too far off from the source material - and the SOURCE of the source material (GRRM) doesn't do cliches.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 6:40pm On May 24, 2016
siempere:
just start from page 191...b4 u get to 195 u'll undastnd...bro

grin grin

In the words of a lecturer I once had, there's no other way to explain it. grin

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blackjack21(m): 6:46pm On May 24, 2016
encryptjay:

Hehehehe... It works.
Use MX player
First thing you'll do is download the subtitle
If it's in zip format, you'll have to extract it
The subtitle extension is 'srt'

Eg

Game of thrones S06E5.SRT (You can use any name)

Now open MX player, on the top right corner, you'll see three dots arranged vertically.
Select it and you'll see subtitle option
Locate the subtitle in your file manager and select.
Now you're good to go8)

gj22:

Mobile or pc?

it working! may your blessing be perfected by the god.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:49pm On May 24, 2016
kay9:

Time loops always make a messy storyline... and rarely looks as cool in a book. I suspect this "Hold the door" theme will play out differently in the book, which would imply this was just a one off by D & D (classic though it was, textbook perfect in fact!). In summary, I don't expect any more of it cos D & D aren't playing too far off from the source material - and the SOURCE of the source material (GRRM) doesn't do cliches.

Defs !
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 6:54pm On May 24, 2016
Nihilist:

Judging by the fact that the first man to be turned was tied up, gagged, and writhing in fear prior to being stabbed in the chest by the object of transformation, I think its fair to say that revenge is a strong motive here...

It was a dragonglass (obsidian) spearhead. That also explains why White Walkers can be destroyed by dragonglass.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by rammyty: 7:02pm On May 24, 2016
oyetpel:
Anyone notice something strange about Meera? What's she made of? A CotF used a weapon on a WW but the weapon couldn't hurt the WW. Whereas Meera used same weapon on the WW and the WW was iced and eliminated. What's Meera role in the wars to come? Is she Jon Snow's twin sister? Remember Jon Snow have also killed a WW albeit using a Valyrian steel.

Meera can't be his twin.. she's way younger to be his twin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 7:06pm On May 24, 2016
kay9:

It was a dragonglass (obsidian) spearhead. That also explains why White Walkers can be destroyed by dragonglass.

I don't think the makeup of that spear is relevant to the White Walkers vulnerability to fire, obsidian and/or valyrian steel.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:41pm On May 24, 2016
UjSizzle:

Mel is confused. I think Dany is the one they're waiting for. I'm surprised Mel hasn't heard or her yet and still gallivanting around Westeros making mistakes. But I believe Jon has a big role to play in the coming battle between the Walkers and the Living.

I'm yet to understand what the White walkers want though, and why they're fighting the living. Is this one of those Light vs Darkness battle no one seems to understand?

There's no way she hasn't heard.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:48pm On May 24, 2016
Nihilist:

I don't think the makeup of that spear is relevant to the White Walkers vulnerability to fire, obsidian and/or valyrian steel.

They r not vulnerable to fire. In fact, they quench all fire in their vicinity.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 9:52pm On May 24, 2016
gj22:

They r not vulnerable to fire. In fact, they quench all fire in their vicinity.

They are vulnerable to fire related items.

Valyrian steel and obsidian are both formed under extreme heat.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by jmaine: 11:50pm On May 24, 2016
Nihilist:

Awesome insight
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ignatio(m): 1:30am On May 25, 2016
omotoyecable:
Can anyone help with site to download previous episodes

o2tvseries. com
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 3:05am On May 25, 2016
Nihilist:

Lol. Is steel or glass supposed to be formed under extreme cold before?

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (859) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.