Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1095087 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Asimiju: 10:50pm On Jun 06, 2016
oyetpel:

Jaqen is taller than Arya. I thought the Faceless men only shape shift, or do they body shift too?

In this drama anything can happen.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Bilany(f): 10:50pm On Jun 06, 2016
I like Lady Mormont…. Which means she’s gonna die next week. Man I missed Bron’s shady ass. I wonder who Sansa sent that raven to. Talk on the internet is that she sent it to Littlefinger, I doubt that, but who knows. I think The Hound is gonna go find himself some Brotherhood Without Banners and trip across the one and only Lady Stoneheart. It is time.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:59pm On Jun 06, 2016
oyetpel:

Jaqen is taller than Arya. I thought the Faceless men only shape shift, or do they body shift too?

Jon Snow turned to Melisandre. "What sorcery
is this?"
"Call it what you will. Glamor, seeming,
illusion. R'hllor is Lord of Light, Jon Snow,
and it is given to his servants to weave with
it, as others weave with thread.
Mance Rayder chuckled. "I had my doubts as
well, Snow, but why not let her try? It was
that, or let Stannis roast me."
"The bones help." said Melisandre. "The bones
remember. The strongest glamors are built of
such things. A dead man's boots, a hank of
hair, a bag of fingerbones. With whispered
words and prayer, a man's shadow can be
drawn forth from such and draped about
another like a cloak. The wearer's essence
does not change, only his seeming."

“The spell is made of shadow and
suggestion. Men see what they expect
to see. The bones are part of that.”
Was I wrong to spare this one? “If the
glamor fails, they will kill you.”

While this is talking about the faith of R'hllor it is similar to that of the faith of the Many Faced God. They use glamours in addition to wearing a mask.

Then came a tug and a soft rustling as
the new face was pulled down over the
old. The leather scraped across her
brow, dry and stiff, but as her blood
soaked into it, it softened and turned
supple. Her cheeks grew warm, flushed.
She could feel her heart fluttering
beneath her breast, and for one long
moment she could not catch her
breath. Hands closed around her
throat, hard as stone, choking her. Her
own hands shot up to claw at the arms
of her attacker, but there was no one
there. A terrible sense of fear filled her,
and she heard a noise, a hideous
crunching noise, accompanied by
blinding pain. A face floated in front of
her, fat, bearded, brutal, his mouth
twisted with rage.

“Mummers change their faces with
artifice,” the kindly man was saying,
“and sorcerers use glamors, weaving
light and shadow and desire to make
illusions that trick the eye. These arts
you shall learn, but what we do here
goes deeper. Wise men can see
through artifice, and glamors dissolve
before sharp eyes, but the face you are
about to don will be as true and solid
as that face you were born with.”
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 11:02pm On Jun 06, 2016
Gbola5:

Jon Snow turned to Melisandre. "What sorcery
is this?"
"Call it what you will. Glamor, seeming,
illusion. R'hllor is Lord of Light, Jon Snow,
and it is given to his servants to weave with
it, as others weave with thread.
Mance Rayder chuckled. "I had my doubts as
well, Snow, but why not let her try? It was
that, or let Stannis roast me."
"The bones help." said Melisandre. "The bones
remember. The strongest glamors are built of
such things. A dead man's boots, a hank of
hair, a bag of fingerbones. With whispered
words and prayer, a man's shadow can be
drawn forth from such and draped about
another like a cloak. The wearer's essence
does not change, only his seeming."

“The spell is made of shadow and
suggestion. Men see what they expect
to see. The bones are part of that.”
Was I wrong to spare this one? “If the
glamor fails, they will kill you.”

While this is talking about the faith of R'hllor it is similar to that of the faith of the Many Faced God. They use glamours in addition to wearing a mask.

Then came a tug and a soft rustling as
the new face was pulled down over the
old. The leather scraped across her
brow, dry and stiff, but as her blood
soaked into it, it softened and turned
supple. Her cheeks grew warm, flushed.
She could feel her heart fluttering
beneath her breast, and for one long
moment she could not catch her
breath. Hands closed around her
throat, hard as stone, choking her. Her
own hands shot up to claw at the arms
of her attacker, but there was no one
there. A terrible sense of fear filled her,
and she heard a noise, a hideous
crunching noise, accompanied by
blinding pain. A face floated in front of
her, fat, bearded, brutal, his mouth
twisted with rage.

“Mummers change their faces with
artifice,” the kindly man was saying,
“and sorcerers use glamors, weaving
light and shadow and desire to make
illusions that trick the eye. These arts
you shall learn, but what we do here
goes deeper. Wise men can see
through artifice, and glamors dissolve
before sharp eyes, but the face you are
about to don will be as true and solid
as that face you were born with.”
In the show the FM using glamour was not established only shape shifting.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:05pm On Jun 06, 2016
So not only do the faceless men wear masks, they experience the life of such a person, making them play that person. Arya experiences the pain of the girl's face she wears.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:07pm On Jun 06, 2016
oyetpel:

In the show the FM using glamour was not established only shape shifting.

Its the same thing.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 11:08pm On Jun 06, 2016
Asimiju:

In this drama anything can happen.
Anything can happen in the show, but most things that happen were established if one read in between the lines. Remember Thoro of Myr? when Melisandre went to meet with the BWB and getting to know that Lord of light priests and priestesses can bring one back from the dead. They established it. Even if they will bring in Lady Stoneheart (undead Catelyn, it is bbeing established, everybody is mentioning her in their talks. FM glsmour wasn't established but i will wait for the next episode.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Asimiju: 11:24pm On Jun 06, 2016
oyetpel:

Anything can happen in the show, but most things that happen were established if one read in between the lines. Remember Thoro of Myr? when Melisandre went to meet with the BWB and getting to know that Lord of light priests and priestesses can bring one back from the dead. They established it. Even if they will bring in Lady Stoneheart (undead Catelyn, it is bbeing established, everybody is mentioning her in their talks. FM glsmour wasn't established but i will wait for the next episode.

It's been long since lady stoneheart died, I don't think that will be possible.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 11:27pm On Jun 06, 2016
Asimiju:

It's been long since lady stoneheart died, I don't think that will be possible.
Same can be said about the hound, since season 3 did the septon just saved him in season 6? No. So Thoros of Myr might have brought back LSH but wasn't shown on screen.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Asimiju: 11:41pm On Jun 06, 2016
oyetpel:

Same can be said about the hound, since season 3 did the septon just saved him in season 6? No. So Thoros of Myr might have brought back LSH but wasn't shown on screen.

Then stnnis is alive also.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 11:49pm On Jun 06, 2016
Asimiju:

Then stnnis is alive also.
Maybe, we didn't know how Brienne killed him, they didn't show it.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jun 06, 2016
Seun I want to lodge a complaint! Sincerely speaking I prefer the old nl look! This new layout is a bit of a chore for me! Help me pls!
Seun:
Can we stop talking about the books? We have a thread for that. Thanks! Nice episode today. I'm a big fan of Lyanna "Horseface" Mormont.

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by horlajide: 11:58pm On Jun 06, 2016
I have heard and said the figure "62" countless times. Never has it sounded this hilarious grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by horlajide: 12:10am On Jun 07, 2016
Gbola5 you really need to tone it down. Okk?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by jonsnow92: 12:14am On Jun 07, 2016
Why is this season getting more and more disappointing.. its episode 7 for crying out loud.. Yet no killings.. no major act has died..they r hust elaborating the plots daily
Am begining to fear for the movie self..
#Team Arya must not die
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by KaBabs1: 7:41am On Jun 07, 2016
Vickyydera:
It almost had to have been Jaquen that pose as Arya. We've
seen him use Arya's face before, last season.
Arya had untold amounts of cold, hard cash
and beautiful clothes seemingly from
nowhere. Her dialogue wasn't consistent with
her character. Arya also wouldn't be stupid
enough to let her guard down like that. I say
Jaquen lured the waif (who has now
disobeyed him) and is posing as Arya in a very
public way, thus giving more credence to her
death. I don't know but if you put all the details
together it makes sense that a girl wasn't
arya last night...
Never are we shown that she get a lot of
money....she didn't seem to get a lot while
begging.
Also Jaquen walks with his two hands behind his back, arya dont walk like that ,she also didn't have her needles.

hmmm interesting theory. But you should already know that GOT writers can be silly at times.

Nice theory still, you really pay attention to details
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 8:44am On Jun 07, 2016
Vickyydera:
It almost had to have been Jaquen that pose as Arya. We've
seen him use Arya's face before, last season.
Arya had untold amounts of cold, hard cash
and beautiful clothes seemingly from
nowhere. Her dialogue wasn't consistent with
her character. Arya also wouldn't be stupid
enough to let her guard down like that. I say
Jaquen lured the waif (who has now
disobeyed him) and is posing as Arya in a very
public way, thus giving more credence to her
death. I don't know but if you put all the details
together it makes sense that a girl wasn't
arya last night...
Never are we shown that she get a lot of
money....she didn't seem to get a lot while
begging.
Also Jaquen walks with his two hands behind his back, arya dont walk like that ,she also didn't have her needles.

Now that is a theory I like. Arya went into hiding immediately after procuring needle. She wouldn't come out carelessly. Looking forward to this theory proven right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 8:50am On Jun 07, 2016
jonsnow92:
Why is this season getting more and more disappointing.. its episode 7 for crying out loud.. Yet no killings.. no major act has died..they r hust elaborating the plots daily
Am begining to fear for the movie self..
#Team Arya must not die

You feel this season is dissapointing because no major act has died, yet you don't want arya to join the list of dead acts?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by stainlex(m): 8:52am On Jun 07, 2016
Gbola5:

Except i read this somewhere not long ago.

Lol..The formatting sef reeks of copy-pasting grin...Interesting perspective tho'..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Santino1(m): 8:56am On Jun 07, 2016
I find it weird that Robett Glover (and other lords in the north) refused to help Jon and Sansa when they need them the most. Makes you wonder what the whole "the north always remember" bullcrap is all about.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 9:42am On Jun 07, 2016
Margery is smart after all. Asks Olena to leave for high gardens. Olena prods Cersie to leave knowing she wont. Olena leaves. Cersie is forced fight back. Judging by the trailer, episode 8 is......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 9:47am On Jun 07, 2016
Santino1:
I find it weird that Robett Glover (and other lords in the north) refused to help Jon and Sansa when they need them the most. Makes you wonder what the whole "the north always remember" bullcrap is all about.
King Robb got their fooking kinsmen killed, and even marrying a foreign lady in time of war, that's what they fooking remember in the north. If i were a lord of a house in the north i wwouldn't join Jon Snow and Sansa Bolton war. The real war is between the living and the dead and the dead are coming alright? Ok, but after Jon and the Boltons fight, Jon army will be depleted, so how will he fight the dead.But i understand its a show.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 9:49am On Jun 07, 2016
Akanniade:
Margery is smart after all. Asks Olena to leave for high gardens. Olena prods Cersie to leave knowing she wont. Olena leaves. Cersie is forced fight back. Judging by the trailer, episode 8 is......
...... gonna be a blast man. Can't wait.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 07, 2016
stainlex:

Lol..The formatting sef reeks of copy-pasting grin...Interesting perspective tho'..
cheesy ma nigga!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Santino1(m): 10:12am On Jun 07, 2016
oyetpel:

King Robb got their fooking kinsmen killed, and even marrying a foreign lady in time of war, that's what they fooking remember in the north. If i were a lord of a house in the north i wwouldn't join Jon Snow and Sansa Bolton war. The real war is between the living and the dead and the dead are coming alright? Ok, but after Jon and the Boltons fight, Jon army will be depleted, so how will he fight the dead.But i understand its a show.

Fair enough, except that who killed Robb and their kinsmen? You guessed right.... The Boltons. If they remember anything at all, that should be what they remember.

And If you think Ramsey gives a shiit about the living and the dead, then you've not been paying attention
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 07, 2016
What was the meaning of that inscription Margery gave to her grand mother that convinced Olenna to leave king's landing?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 07, 2016
Bilany:
I like Lady Mormont…. Which means she’s gonna die next week. Man I missed Bron’s shady ass. I wonder who Sansa sent that raven to. Talk on the internet is that she sent it to Littlefinger, I doubt that, but who knows. I think The Hound is gonna go find himself some Men Without Banners and trip across the one and only Lady Stoneheart. It is time.
gringrin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:54am On Jun 07, 2016
Santino1:

Yeah, the shows Northern Honor is shiit.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 11:00am On Jun 07, 2016
gj22:

There are many ways to toughen a kid up and sending him to the nights watch is not one of them. Was Robin arryn sent to the watch?

Come on Sam is fat Robin was sick
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:07am On Jun 07, 2016
oyetpel:

Frey and Bolton did that, not Robb. How about their memories of "The Ned" ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.