Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,984 members, 7,848,960 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 12:34 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1100412 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by sagenrdy(m): 10:09pm On Jun 21, 2016
Gmajor:
what nonsense. Ppl keep raising this same trash over and over again. LF sold her to the Boltons. Contacting him was just an act of desperation. A case of try your luck. If she had told jon abt her plan and then the vale ppl didnt show again nko ?
no. She knows cus little finger basically offered d vale soldiers to r in front of brienne. Even when briennetell jon about riverrun she got no excuse about r source.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 21, 2016
A bit..........disappointing; Ramsay dieing like that...

I know Theon's Sister will Bleep Daneyrs up, in fact, I'm expecting it tongue
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 11:57pm On Jun 21, 2016
armadeo:

I had considered this but threw it out due to the acclaim giving to Danny. A character like her can't be written into oblivion.

Jon snow definitely has a big role no play in the coming war. But I feel Danny also had a role to play. You see the strides she has been making.

While Jon ano initially from my book reading was a passing character it was when he was selected by a eron to be Lord commander I had a second look at him.

Danny was the younger siblimg.of a mad elder one and she learnt how to survive as did Jon.

He went to the night's watch a bastard and ressurected a leader. The free folk follow him. Some houses are loyal to the Starks. This season finale would be freaking epic......

I know something
am trying to see the moves that can possibly make Jon snow the "king in the North" I just can't see it.
I think winterfell goes to sansa,
sansa marries littlefinger.

the last time the masters saw the dragons they weren't that big. even those two chained in the crypt aren't that big.tyrion had a throwaway line about their growth in confine space.
This may explain the masters boldness.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by stinville(m): 12:28am On Jun 22, 2016
Ramsey's death was damn too merciful
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 5:33am On Jun 22, 2016
UjSizzle:

The dothrakis are not like that.
You kill a Khal, you get his Khalasar. It's simple.

Its actually not that simple.

1. If we refer back to season 1, it would appear that you have to challenge the khal to public combat, and win, before you get his Khalasar. Case in point, Drogo's battle with his bloodrider.

2. You can't just kill a Khan randomly and get his Khalasar. Case in point, the witch that effectively killed Drogo,did not get his Khalasar.Despite the fact that Drogo could not ride, and his Khalasar was essentially divied up and split amongst his blood riders, the woman responsible for that was put to death

3. Dothraki are not easily fazedby magic. In fact, the witch from season 1 confirms, that Drogo entered the university of magic where she was the VC and slaughters everybody. So I'm very surprised that the dothraki immediately chose to bow to Danaerys following her magic trick.

4. In fact, the dothraki hate practitioners of magic as confirmed again in S1. Even when Danaerys is on her way to the dosh kalen, the other Khal's wives are wary of her magic and warns him to cut of her head before she casts a spell on him

So I find it very difficult to believe, that the dothraki would immediately forget all Thier customs,beliefs, and fears, and immediately bow to this non-dothraki woman who just killed their leaders, brothers, sons and fathers, and burned down Thier holiest temple, in the only existing city that they have.

I find it strange to believe that none of the people who go around slaughtering magicians for a living, was unable to muster a bit of loyalty and/or courage, to say "fvck this bitch" and just kick her self-righteous arse grin

That's just unbelievable

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:02am On Jun 22, 2016
obstead200:

At the bolded, na wa for u oooo
How can u be talking of westeros made up of just d seven kingdoms fa?
The cities across the narrow sea are not part of westeros. They are the free cities. (Bravos, yunkai, meereen, astapor, the summer isles, quarth, the ruins of valleria, and some other cities which I have forgotten dia names) and Daenerys controls all of them include the savage dothraki.
Daenerys stormborn is the most powerful woman in that universe.

By the way, just for show offs, look at the kingdoms (or great houses) that made up westeros:
Dragonstone (the taegarynes), lannisport (the lannisters), winterfell (the starks), the iron islands (the greyjoys), the vale (the Arryns), Dorne (the martells), highgarden (the Tyrells)

There are 9 Free Cities on Essos, and only Braavos is among the ones you mentioned. The Summer Isles aren't even on Essos. Yunkai, Astapor, Meereen make up Slaver's Bay off the Coast to the South of Essos. Qarth is to the far East, not a Slaver City nor a Free City. Daenerys is only in control of Meereen and the Dothraki you mentioned, those don't make up a quarter of Essos. Valyria is a Free Hold (not a City), which founded some of the Free Cities.
Dragonstone and the region surrounding it aren't a Kingdom but a Region, Lannisport is a City not a Kingdom, Winterfell is a Castle not a Region or Kingdom,The Iron Islands are a Region not a Kingdom, Highgarden is a Castle not a Region or Kingdom. Seven Kingdoms, Nine Regions.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:04am On Jun 22, 2016
Nihilist:

Its actually not that simple.

1. If we refer back to season 1, it would appear that you have to challenge the khal to public combat, and win, before you get his Khalasar. Case in point, Drogo's battle with his bloodrider.

2. You can't just kill a Khan randomly and get his Khalasar. Case in point, the witch that effectively killed Drogo,did not get his Khalasar.Despite the fact that Drogo could not ride, and his Khalasar was essentially divied up and split amongst his blood riders, the woman responsible for that was put to death

3. Dothraki are not easily fazedby magic. In fact, the witch from season 1 confirms, that Drogo entered the university of magic where she was the VC and slaughters everybody. So I'm very surprised that the dothraki immediately chose to bow to Danaerys following her magic trick.

4. In fact, the dothraki hate practitioners of magic as confirmed again in S1. Even when Danaerys is on her way to the dosh kalen, the other Khal's wives are wary of her magic and warns him to cut of her head before she casts a spell on him

So I find it very difficult to believe, that the dothraki would immediately forget all Thier customs,beliefs, and fears, and immediately bow to this non-dothraki woman who just killed their leaders, brothers, sons and fathers, and burned down Thier holiest temple, in the only existing city that they have.

I find it strange to believe that none of the people who go around slaughtering magicians for a living, was unable to muster a bit of loyalty and/or courage, to say "fvck this bitch" and just kick her self-righteous arse grin

That's just unbelievable

It Is Known.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:05am On Jun 22, 2016
antispexish:

varys is not going to kings landing, he is going to look for the mad kings grandson

D'you mean Aegon ?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by obstead200(m): 6:47am On Jun 22, 2016
Gbola5:

There are 9 Free Cities on Essos, and only Braavos is among the ones you mentioned. The Summer Isles aren't even on Essos. Yunkai, Astapor, Meereen make up Slaver's Bay off the Coast to the South of Essos. Qarth is to the far East, not a Slaver City nor a Free City. Daenerys is only in control of Meereen and the Dothraki you mentioned, those don't make up a quarter of Essos. Valyria is a Free Hold (not a City), which founded some of the Free Cities.
Dragonstone and the region surrounding it aren't a Kingdom but a Region, Lannisport is a City not a Kingdom, Winterfell is a Castle not a Region or Kingdom,The Iron Islands are a Region not a Kingdom, Highgarden is a Castle not a Region or Kingdom. Seven Kingdoms, Nine Regions.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by obstead200(m): 6:49am On Jun 22, 2016
Gbola5:

see history.

I may concede to some of ur points on the free cities issue (not the word "may"wink because am still trying to understand the geography of the story.
But when u talk of westeros, I am 100% sure that I gave u the seven great houses that made up the seven kingdoms.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:10am On Jun 22, 2016
obstead200:
see history.

I may concede to some of ur points on the free cities issue (not the word "may"wink because am still trying to understand the geography of the story.
But when u talk of westeros, I am 100% sure that I gave u the seven great houses that made up the seven kingdoms.

Make up, maybe. Made up ? Na. Martell, Tyrell, Tully, Greyjoy, were unjumped. Heck even the Targaryens and Baratheons. Only Stark, Lannister and Arryn forged their own Kingdoms, the North, the Westerlands, and the Vale respectively.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by losprince(m): 8:43am On Jun 22, 2016
I sense another pointless argument brewing up on this thread

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by antispexish(m): 9:14am On Jun 22, 2016
Gbola5:

D'you mean Aegon ?
yes
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:28am On Jun 22, 2016
antispexish:
yes
I don't think he's making an appearance.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by shegsrules(m): 9:30am On Jun 22, 2016
Wow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 9:41am On Jun 22, 2016
VULCAN:

As far as i know you wait for someone you are aware is coming.

I dont know how Jon was to wait for more men he didnt know existed

Exactly, so why blame her when the men finally pulled through?

She herself wasn't even certain of their coming hence her silence on the matter.

So I don't get what the hate rant is for, even after she saved their arses.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 9:45am On Jun 22, 2016
shegsrules:
Wow

Hehe

You people have come again, so the wun wun name was gotten from where na, open the door? grin

Don't mind me, just kidding smiley

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 9:58am On Jun 22, 2016
armadeo:

Danny and cersei are different. Cersei has the issue of entiltlement while danny has to fight for what she wants. Danny is reasonable while cersei isn't . Cersei demands complete subservience while.Danny demands loyalty

True but I wasn't referring to all that, I was talking about how they each take on their world's - like nothing could befall them.

We all know how it would end though.

A song of ice and fire.

Danny ... fire of the dragons

Jon snow .. ice of the north.

Interestingly I wonder if Jon snows frozen seed can fertilize dannys hot eggs for a heir.

I look beyond the now.

Yeah

Looking forward to their first meet.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ilynem(m): 10:00am On Jun 22, 2016
sagenrdy:
dude y r u talking like dis. Little finger. Have. Shown it more than once that he was in love. With Sansas mother n. He sees R in sansa. Ramsey. Is a better strategist compare to roose Bolton case study. Rewatch season 5 d episode they were talking about defeating stanis
Now, little finger's love for Sansa's mother is one mystery no one knows if it's real or not. But I remember in the books (I think) tyrion made a statement like this. 'littlefinger cares for no one but littlefinger'. And that statement was made to catlyn Stark. Now, it's true he might love her, but make no mistake, nothing goes above littlefinger's ambition. Littlefinger was in on the red wedding plan so if he loved her so much why didn't he send a message to her? Just know that in his scale of preference, his ambition comes first. And if he was to marry Sansa, it's not for love but for the north.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 10:02am On Jun 22, 2016
armadeo:

Was warned about the faceless god luxanne on this thread but didn't understand. Now I do.

That was all BraniacX not me grin

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ilynem(m): 10:04am On Jun 22, 2016
djlaqua91:

She almost killed him. Her advice was as obvious and stupid as Melisandre saying,"don't lose". She complained that she didn't have a voice, when she was included in every battle room session, everytime they visited Northern Houses she followed. Yet she kept her input about LF to herself. Reminds me of Rob Stark and his mother. Rob lost the war because of Love but Catelyn Stark seriously undermined his authority by backstabbing him, which eventually led Rob to behead Lord Karstark. Sansa has killed Jon Snow. Its just a matter of time.
Do you realize Sansa doesn't even know Jon all that well? Yes they grew up together but she was always a b.itch to him. Considered him a b.astard so didn't even get to know him very well. The girl who knows Jon very well is arya. So she can be forgiven for not fully trusting him. Now Jon doesn't even know who Littlefinger is. Imagine Sansa telling him 'the guy who arranged my wedding with Ramsey wants to help us with an army' do you think Jon would approve? Jon is his father's son and will always consider littlefinger an enemy. So she couldn't trust his judgement and had to go with hers. Simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UjSizzle(f): 10:07am On Jun 22, 2016
luxanne:

Exactly, so why blame her when the men finally pulled through?

She herself wasn't even certain of their coming hence her silence on the matter.

So I don't get what the hate rant is for, even after she saved their arses.

Thank you, Luxanne. I don't even understand why they're hating on Sansa. Her sending for the Tully army was an act of desperation, and even then, there was no certainty that Little Finger would deliver.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 10:11am On Jun 22, 2016
armadeo:

Euron greyjoy isn't a match for even joffery talk less of Ramsey. While I enjoyed his death I would miss him.

Euros only claim to famed he killed the Lord of the iron islands. No moreThough the books show him as a blood thirsty vagabond. I hope he meets up cos we need a villain of epic proportions

Or maybe not. The white walkers are already doing that, we just need more of their scenes.

How many seasons are we looking at in GOT, any idea?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by antispexish(m): 10:12am On Jun 22, 2016
Gbola5:

I don't think he's making an appearance.
let's wait and see, Danny is gaining too much power, it needs to be curtailed by the one who truly has a right to the throne.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by antispexish(m): 10:13am On Jun 22, 2016
luxanne:

Or maybe not. The white walkers are already doing that, we just need more of their scenes.

How many seasons are we looking at in GOT, any idea?
7 seasons
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 10:14am On Jun 22, 2016
UjSizzle:

Thank you, Luxanne. I don't even understand why they're hating on Sansa. Her sending for the Tully army was an act of desperation, and even then, there was no certainty that Little Finger would deliver.

I don't get it too myself like it wasn't enough that her blood, Blackfish disappointed.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 10:17am On Jun 22, 2016
antispexish:

7 seasons

For reals? Then we should be looking at more war scenes in the final season - 7.

Battle for the iron throne.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by antispexish(m): 10:32am On Jun 22, 2016
luxanne:

For reals? Then we should be looking at more war scenes in the final season - 7.

season 6 will set the stage, but I don't think there will be any more wars in season 6.
though I pray for one though, where all of the freY's are killed in front of their old father
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 10:48am On Jun 22, 2016
djlaqua91:
Sansa is either stupid or pure evil

Withheld vital info. from your brother which led to thousands of deaths of loyal men.
With the knowledge that the knights of the Vale were available if needed, Jon Snow would have planned better. Even if it leads to a siege on winterfell the Giant would have turned the odds to their favour.
Many times she was crying, "we need more men". Yet she refused to open her mouth and tell Ser Davos and co.
Whether Little-Finger could be trusted is a different matter. They needed men badly.

Although we viewers all knew Rickon was as good as dead, In Episode 4 Sansa was crying that we have to save Rickon, we have to save our brother, then next thing she's saying he's as good as dead ( poor writing from the writers IMO) without showing us how she transitioned to that reasoning.

Just like her mother her reasoning will damage that House

Kudos to her, she saved them in the end but massive Stark casualties could have been avoided.
House Stark is back, but Jon better watch out. That Sansa can kill him anyday I swear. #TeamWhiteWalkers

I don't think she transitioned, i think she just wanted vengeance. She didn't really care about Rickon.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 10:48am On Jun 22, 2016
antispexish:

season 6 will set the stage, but I don't think there will be any more wars in season 6.
though I pray for one though, where all of the freY's are killed in front of their old father

Hehe

Now that's something. It's time they left the scene.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by hulkhiharitoz(m): 10:49am On Jun 22, 2016
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oloyedayo(m): 10:51am On Jun 22, 2016
luxanne:

I read somewhere that we are likely to be having two seasons with 13 episodes to go.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/04/15/game-of-thrones-may-only-have-13-episodes-left-after-season-six/#1089fc6a3311

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (859) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.