Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1091469 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 11:01am On Jul 20, 2017
HyDef:

Precisely.

And if I may, the song Ed Sheeran sings is the same song that referred to Tyrion and Shae in the books, but that event is long gone. I feel the song might refer more to the relationship between Jaime and Cersei now, especially since the song is 'a new one'.

"Hands of gold are always cold, but a woman's hands are warm."

He does have a hand of gold. tongue

"He rode through the streets of the city, down from his hill on high,

O’er the wynds and the steps and the cobbles, he rode to a woman’s sigh.

For she was his secret treasure, she was his shame and his bliss. And a chain and a keep are nothing, compared to a woman's kiss.

For hands of gold are always cold, but a woman’s hands are warm . . ."

Yes! I remember. Tyrion hummed it after killing Shae grin
And Jamie too has a secret forbidden lover as the lyrics say. Obviously Cersei.

I think rhe Lannisters would have been amazing songwriters and singers. First "Rains of Castamere" now Hands of Gold wink

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 11:02am On Jul 20, 2017
RinzyReviews:
Kindly take time to read this - https://rinzyreviews./2017/07/20/7-interesting-tv-shows-you-should-follow-this-summer/

I did and you did quite a good job IF you wrote them yourselves and not copy from other sites/blog without giving credit.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 11:05am On Jul 20, 2017
Gbola5:

Just last season, Riverrun was still being held in Robb's memory.

I am still waiting for the show to explain why Dragonstone was deserted.

Because I don't think an edifice like that couldn't have anyone claiming or residing there

In previous seasons authority from King's Landing often bestow Lords with castle of people that have been killed due to betrayal e.t.c Just like Littlefinger was given Harrenhal.

Who remembers the Rains of Castemere? Even Castemere is not deserted like show portrayed Dragonstone in S7 E1.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by dubylhover(m): 11:08am On Jul 20, 2017
cheesy cheesy
HyDef:

Precisely.

And if I may, the song Ed Sheeran sings is the same song that referred to Tyrion and Shae in the books, but that event is long gone. I feel the song might refer more to the relationship between Jaime and Cersei now, especially since the song is 'a new one'.

"Hands of gold are always cold, but a woman's hands are warm."

He does have a hand of gold. tongue

don't lie....you got this insight from YouTube..cos I just finished watching d video before coming here.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 11:11am On Jul 20, 2017
PR3ACHER:
Cersie can go any length to get what she want but she's not the most feared, The most dangerous and feared is definitely Arya.

It is those who know her such as we viewers that know what Arya is capable of

Why did Ed and the soldiers laughed when she said she wants to kill the queen?

Because they don't know her and what she's capable of.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 11:13am On Jul 20, 2017
PR3ACHER:
Dragonstone was a strategy base when Stannis was there so there's no way a normal person could have been living there, it's a war base, now Stannis died so it's logical all the soldiers left. Nothing bad in leaving it empty at least they showed us where Deanerys brought down Stannis Flag herself.

Ha? Dragonstone was just a war base for Stannis?

Please don't murder this series o
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 11:21am On Jul 20, 2017
Y'all GOT fans here ar forgetting someone (Brandon Stark). Me believe he's gonna play a very big part in the war of the Living and the Dead. Dude has been escaping death multiple times despite being incapacitated.

Dany's fans shouldn't be expecting too much cos revelations(shown to Brandon alone) which showed Jon is a Targaeyan has twisted the plot to Jon Snow's favour. Jon Snow is the main protagonist in this series and that's why everything has being in his favour. #TeamJonSnow. At the end of everything, if Dany is still alive, Jon might give her Dragonstone as she's the dragon's mother.

Arya fans shouldn't be disappointed that she wouldn't kill Cersei too. Cersei might not be killed, she might be imprisoned as I believe she'll be captured.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 11:26am On Jul 20, 2017
HyDef:
I personally don't think Arya will end up killing Cersei. It's too 'happy' an ending for Game of Thrones. I have a feeling she might die in the attempt.

I also think Ed is simply a cameo. I don't believe there was any deeper meaning to his scene apart from portraying that Lannisters are humans too.

And finally, I feel there should have been a garrison left at Dragonstone, no matter how small. That's not good war strategy, not having a place to retreat to. Was he gonna run back to the wall? Anyway, Stannis sometimes appeared rash in his decisions. Were there only men at Dragonstone? No washerwomen or anything?

What if the garrison is hidden beneath Dragonstone where there's a mountain of Dragon glass?

Maybe when they heard Stannis fell in the war of the five kings, they took to hiding. I mean we don't really know if Dragonstone was really abandoned. . . .we saw it for a total of 5 minutes in episode 1.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 11:28am On Jul 20, 2017
Yonce:

Jamie is going to kill Cersei.

Cersei was told a prophecy when she was little that her younger brother will kill her. She still thinks it Tyrion, hence why she's weary of him but I feel it will be Jamie.

I feel Jaime will kill Cersei too, due to the propehesy.

The book and the show both talked the about the prophesy of a valonqar killing her.

And i believe Jaime will kill her and also add another title to his name; Queenslayer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Coyotejack(m): 11:32am On Jul 20, 2017
Yonce:

"He rode through the streets of the city, down from his hill on high,

O’er the wynds and the steps and the cobbles, he rode to a woman’s sigh.

For she was his secret treasure, she was his shame and his bliss. And a chain and a keep are nothing, compared to a woman's kiss.

For hands of gold are always cold, but a woman’s hands are warm . . ."

Yes! I remember. Tyrion hummed it after killing Shae grin
And Jamie too has a secret forbidden lover as the lyrics say. Obviously Cersei.

I think rhe Lannisters would have been amazing songwriters and singers. First "Rains of Castamere" now Hands of Gold wink

Ah dey tell u bro .....
for hands of gold are always cold but a woman's hands are warm.
No body could have sang this song better than Ed jawe grin

Rains of Castamere
Red wedding comes to mind . So sad
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 12:28pm On Jul 20, 2017
Santino1:

I have tried, albeit unsuccessfully, to make the same point. Perhaps, you'll be luckier.

A case in point is Harrenhal. In season 2, we saw that when Gregor Clegane arrived, he was putting the people that held the castle (including the household staff and bandits the rounded up on the road) to the sword until Lord Tywin arrived and asked him to put the able bodied men to use not to the sword. Now the question is: If a sh*thole like Harrenhal was being guarded (and we don't for whom, like everyone is asking in case of Dragonstone), then it makes no sense that a more important Dragonstone would be left fallow.
What in the seven hells makes dragonstone more important than harrenhall?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
kay9:

Stannis died just about the same period Jon's men back at Castle Black were planning the "end of his watch"... about a year and half ago.

Probably. Now, factor in how much time passed before stannis died (from leaving dragon stone till dying by brienne) that would have taken about a year or atleast 6months

So, this leave the men he left behind just short of 3 years to guard a castle.

They def deserted.

It is known
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
JhyMedex:

Wats wit d hate bruh ...?
I got notin both luv in ma hrt...
Too much of it am afraid..grin..
u totally missed d part I said I luved d guy abi?..
kontinu..

No vex sir
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
HyDef:
I personally don't think Arya will end up killing Cersei. It's too 'happy' an ending for Game of Thrones. I have a feeling she might die in the attempt.

I also think Ed is simply a cameo. I don't believe there was any deeper meaning to his scene apart from portraying that Lannisters are humans too.

And finally, I feel there should have been a garrison left at Dragonstone, no matter how small. That's not good war strategy, not having a place to retreat to. Was he gonna run back to the wall? Anyway, Stannis sometimes appeared rash in his decisions. Were there only men at Dragonstone? No washerwomen or anything?

Or scullions or cooks or stableboys. Maybe Dany will set her unsullied to those tasks.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:50pm On Jul 20, 2017
Yonce:

Jamie is going to kill Cersei.

Cersei was told a prophecy when she was little that her younger brother will kill her. She still thinks it Tyrion, hence why she's weary of him but I feel it will be Jamie.

Spot on !
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:51pm On Jul 20, 2017
PR3ACHER:
Are you sure? Because I thought most of them died during the fight against the Mask men in Season 5

Only a faction
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 12:52pm On Jul 20, 2017
Santino1:

I have tried, albeit unsuccessfully, to make the same point. Perhaps, you'll be luckier.

A case in point is Harrenhal. In season 2, we saw that when Gregor Clegane arrived, he was putting the people that held the castle (including the household staff and bandits the rounded up on the road) to the sword until Lord Tywin arrived and asked him to put the able bodied men to use not to the sword. Now the question is: If a sh*thole like Harrenhal was being guarded (and we don't for whom, like everyone is asking in case of Dragonstone), then it makes no sense that a more important Dragonstone would be left fallow.

Stannis lost respect from his men.

He has no heir, no family.

They all deserted him. They lost faith in him

Who will hold a castle for him for over 2 years when he is dead and has no heir?

Even jaimie told cersei that no one wants to fight for the losing side let alone a side that has already lost.

His men being there could be branded as traitors of the crown especially when there is no stannis to defend them.

Everything doesn't have to be told the audience word for word.

Those points are pretty clear in the show.

I don't understand how you can't deduce this. This is not a book where there is exposition in every sentence

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:55pm On Jul 20, 2017
Yonce:

Well, the Lannisters themselves didn't write the songs.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 12:55pm On Jul 20, 2017
HyDef:

The valonqar will get to her first. tongue grin
This is TV not the books
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 12:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
PR3ACHER:
Are you sure? Because I thought most of them died during the fight against the Mask men in Season 5

Lol. Most ke?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2017
HyDef:

The valonqar will get to her first. tongue grin

What is valonqar?

Is this book spoilers? You guys should stop doing this now.

I am very sure there is a game of thrones book thread on Nairaland
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2017
Gbola5:

Well, the Lannisters themselves didn't write the songs.

Okay, then they must have amazing songwriters in Casterly Rock. cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 12:59pm On Jul 20, 2017
Yonce:

What if the garrison is hidden beneath Dragonstone where there's a mountain of Dragon glass?

Maybe when they heard Stannis fell in the war of the five kings, they took to hiding. I mean we don't really know if Dragonstone was really abandoned. . . .we saw it for a total of 5 minutes in episode 1.

It's abandoned.

Stannis men deserted him.

It's abandoned
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 1:05pm On Jul 20, 2017
BraniacX:

Dragonstone seats on Dragon glass grin

Harrenhal seats on mud.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HyDef(m): 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2017
dubylhover:
cheesy cheesy

don't lie....you got this insight from YouTube..cos I just finished watching d video before coming here.

Actually, no. But it's nice to know there are similar opinions.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HyDef(m): 1:23pm On Jul 20, 2017
gj22:

What is valonqar?

Is this book spoilers? You guys should stop doing this now.

I am very sure there is a game of thrones book thread on Nairaland

Sorry dude.

Valonqar is a High Valyrian word. I'll buzz off now.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2017
gj22:

Stannis lost respect from his men.

He has no heir, no family.

They all deserted him. They lost faith in him

Who will hold a castle for him for over 2 years when he is dead and has no heir?

Even jaimie told cersei that no one wants to fight for the losing side let alone a side that has already lost.

His men being there could be branded as traitors of the crown especially when there is no stannis to defend them.

Everything doesn't have to be told the audience word for word.

Those points are pretty clear in the show.

I don't understand how you can't deduce this. This is not a book where there is exposition in every sentence

No one is saying they will hold the castle for Stannis, but another Lord should have claimed it after news of Stannis fall.

Even if no Lord claim it, there should be people living there.

Someone is even said Dragonstone is just a war planning site, Dragonstone is a city. There should be people inhabiting the edifice.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Santino1(m): 1:28pm On Jul 20, 2017
BraniacX:

Look at the map of Westeros again. Therein lies your answer.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
Rorachy:
tongue.

Yeah stick that tongue of yours out darling, let me stick it to my tongue wink
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 1:46pm On Jul 20, 2017
Yonce:

Rhagear crownd Lyanna QOLAB not to spite Robert or to make anyone mad.

He did it because his father asked him to find out the identity of the Knight of the laughing tree who unseated the Knights whose squires had earlier bullied a northman (Meera Reed's father).

I think Rhaegar was impressed when he found out the Knight was actually Lyanna Stark hence why he crowned her QOLAB. The books never said she was expectionally beautiful, only pretty. . . . I think it was her fierce courage and big heart he crowned that day. cheesy
You must have read something i haven't, because his motives has only been speculated upon not established! He is even rumored to be the financial muscle of the whents in the staging of the harrenhal tourney, so let's stick to facts, he crowned lyanna QOLAB and appeared to kidnap and abscond with her, those two acts aren't worthy of a prince, the rest like they say is history

All I said was Ser Selmy is not a cunning man. He's loyal and truthful and does his duty.

If he says Rhaegar was a good man. I believe him.
[b]Good is always relative and from a person's perspective.
Everything I've read about Rhaegar points to a clam headed young man who was often too sad about his father's rule.

So far, nothing on the show seems to change that so he's a good man. cool[/quote] finally we agree on something! Was that so difficult? Even the universally acclaimed to be bad Ramsey Bolton had his kernel master's daughter as an admirer who only saw good in him so POV bro, its all about the POV
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2017
oyetpel:

No one is saying they will hold the castle for Stannis, but another Lord should have claimed it after news of Stannis fall.

Even if no Lord claim it, there should be people living there.

Someone is even said Dragonstone is just a war planning site, Dragonstone is a city. There should be people inhabiting the edifice.

Dragonstone is the castle on an island.

It's not a city.

You expect citizens to go and leave there? Then how do they eat or feed? They won't even have army to protect themselves when or if a Lord or the crown comes for the place. Sounds like more trouble than its worth.

Dragonstone is a castle located on the island of the same name at the entrance to Blackwater Bay. Located below the Dragonmont and shaped from stone to look like dragons, Dragonstone was the original seat of House Targaryen in Westeros, and had been colonized and fortified as the westernmost outpost of the Valyrian Freehold. The castle has a dark reputation

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.