Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1092829 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Jwonder(m): 7:52pm On Apr 15, 2019
Ksslib:

First Arya walks in and tells the hound to let Gendry be.

Second. Arya : "that was a nice ax you made for him. You've gotten better"

( You should know by now that Arya is not one for small talk except it's your eulogy. Waldo Frey comes to mind)

Gendry: "So do you **stammers** . I mean you look good"

Arya: Thanks .. So do you..

(Waiiiitt!!!! Hol up hol up!!!. The only thing Arya verbally admires is her Valyrian steel. Do you get?)

Gendry: " It's not a bad place to grow up( winterfell ) if it wasn't so cold

Arya: "Stay close to that forge then"

Gendry : " Is that a command Lady Stark?"

Arya : *stern expression* " don't call me that"

Gendry: " As you wish mi Lady"

Arya then smiles. Inshort she more than blushed. The expression she had on her face was so genuine that for a moment I thought she swapped the one the producers told her to use for her & Jon's reunion on Gendry.

Gendry: *after holding her Valyrian steel "I always knew you were just another rich girl "

Arya: " You dont know any other rich girls"

Then walks to the exit, turns to give Gendry one kain sultry look and continues walking.

By "I was always knew you were just another rich girl" Gendry is subtly implying that he's been with a lot of girls. Arya is like nope, see this my virgin sweet boy, you wey I don dey reason tey tey. Once again Arya engaging in small talk that doesn't involve death.

Arya's emotions might be as stiff as two-days old Eba when it comes to the opposite sex, more reason why when she tries to be flexible, as we have just seen, people are bound to take notice.

Lol. Isn't it pretty obvious that both of them were flirting, Arya most esp?

This blindness can only be excused & forgiven if you're Sheldon Cooper from The Big bang Theory. Lol

I wish i can give u a million likes
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Semtu(m): 7:53pm On Apr 15, 2019
melodyogonna:

The wise masters also commanded the unsullied to kill her.
The name of the series is Game of Thrones - maybe you should try to understand what that means. open your eyes and understand what the show is trying to tell you.
That was the game of power she played, when you play the game of power - you never leave your back open. the wise masters killed themselves by not thinking about what might happen if one day, one of their clients decided to use the unsullied against them.
she is not Ned Stark that killed himself with honor.

Las las you no go gree, all the best bro. undecided
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by larride(m): 7:55pm On Apr 15, 2019
raumdeuter:

Why didn't Jon and Sansa just keep Ramsay as prisoner why did they feed him to the dogs, at least he wasn't killed on the battlefield

After losing a war, you have to right to live anymore, That she even asked them to bend knee was an act of mercy. Most fighters won't take prisoners they kill instantly. Anyone you kill in war is fairgame. If the Tarlys caught her they would probably kill her instantly or worse.

It doesn't matter if its the first time you are meeting, it is war, 30mins ago you were trying to kill me and you are now saying its the first time you met, so its not wrong to kill strangers you just meet, only wrong to bend knees?

The Tarly's chose their option and Dany only granted them their wish which was to die

Warriors only respect the strong not those giving second chances, that was why Robb Stark became the most foolish person in the whole series, Taking Lannisters prisoners instead of killing them instantly.
Anyone who followed the downfall of Robb Stark and still thinks you should be taking prisoners instead of instant death hasn't learnt any lesson

How do you want her followers to view her if she is pardoning those people that were trying to kill them 30mins earlier

The battle had ended, they are her prisoner already. Why was she in stupid hurry for them to bend the kneel or die? Even after the man told him he’s Randyll Tarly it House Tarly. A very famous house, she still think he will just bend the kneel like that? undecided

What happened to diplomatic strategy? Turning the Tarlys into her ally? Or because she has dragons and the dothraki she doesn’t need allies right? That was a very stupid decision from her part.

So if all the other soldiers had not bend the kneel, she would have killed them all right?

What’s the difference between her and the Mad King then?

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Sultan5(m): 7:58pm On Apr 15, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Sansa should not be anywhere near the table when veterans of war are talking. She shouldn't even be in the same building.

You need to consider that these girl is only alive because some people went to overwhelming lengths to preserve her safety.

Reek that refused to save his own skin, when his sister came to save him...somehow managed to find the balls to save someone else.

Brienne waited a whole season in the snow, looking for a candle in a tower. Even after the conspirators were killed....Even after Stannis atracked winterfell...a sensible person would have packed their bags and bounced.

Brienne waited a whole season for an ediot who didn't even know the words to the knights vow in the end, and all because of a promise made to her mother.

To get Sansa out of Ramsay's clutches, these two people had to do quite frankly unbelievable things....they literally had to completely disregard their personal safety to save that girl

Yet Sansa is now being called wise and a survivor, like she had anything to do with it.

Make we hear word abeg!

When Sansa was using their history to repeatedly remind Reek who he truly was, where were you? Despite the fact he betrayed her initially and caused the death of one of her winterfell allies she never gave up. She kept pressing until she finally broke through something his own sister Yara failed to do. Sansa accomplished and your here saying what exactly?

How do you expect her to trust Brienne? Someone she didn't know. Someone who had a Lannister sword. Someone who she last saw bowing before King Joffery. How do you expect her to believe anything Brienne had to say? She trusted LF because he saved her life twice, she never knew he was taking her to marry Ramsey. Every heard of the statement "the devil u know..."?

Sansa was smart she knew she needed Reek's help to escape so she worked on him seriously. Even when others would have given up. She made good decisions based on what she knew and what she had at her disposal. And it worked cause she's now the lady of Winterfell and the smartest person Arya has ever met! So don't come here and belittle her efforts because of your chronic hate.

I mean it's 1 thing to hate a character but at least when they do something right the logical thing is to give a thumbs up and not pour more hate.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by raumdeuter: 7:59pm On Apr 15, 2019
larride:

The battle had ended, they are her prisoner already. Why was she in stupid hurry for them to bend the kneel or die? Even after the man told him he’s Randyll Tarly it House Tarly. A very famous house, she still think he will just bend the kneel like that? undecided

What happened to diplomatic strategy? Turning the Tarlys into her ally? Or because she has dragons and the dothraki she doesn’t need allies right? That was a very stupid decision from her part.

So if all the other soldiers had not bend the kneel, she would have killed them all right?

The Tarlys told her pointedly that they will never serve her. You havent told me what would have happened to her if she was caught by the Tarly's or Lannisters

Her trying to even show mercy and giving options was a sign of weakness. Once you lose a war, you lose all options to decide your future.
Do you think her soldiers will continue supporting her f she didnt serve justice? So the soldiers who lost their friends and colleagues defending her will now see her negotiating with people who killed them

You havent explained why Sansa and Jon served Ramsay from a famous family to the dogs instead of using diplomatic strategy and pardoning him

The mad king was called mad because he roasted people just for fun even without war, she did hers in times of war

Shooting a man in wartimes is different from in time of peace. Why are you not asking whats the difference between the Jon/Sansa who fed Ramsay to dogs and the mad king who burnt them

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by melodyogonna(m): 8:06pm On Apr 15, 2019
larride:

She’s just obsessed with bending the kneel. Even when he met Jon and he was trying to talk to her about the threat that’s coming, all she cared about is bending the kneel. Without getting sound advise, Dany won’t be different from his father Aerys.
What do you mean by too obsessed to bend the kneel? cercei and Jaime and almost everyone else in the seven kingdoms did not believe the tale of the night King, and you expect someone who just landed on westoros to believe it?

when you want to asset yourself as the rightful monarch, the first thing to do is to call every high Lord you wish to come swear fealty to you. this is is done for every King even if you did not conquer the land, mostly it is done on the day of coronation so she was merely demanding her rights. what did she say after seeing the night army? what did she say to jon snow on his sick bed that actually made him swear fealty to her? she promised to leave cercei and fight the night King with him incase you've forgotten. that was what lead to the armistice negotiations was it not?
how the person freeing slaves is obsessed with bending kneels is what I might not understand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Sultan5(m): 8:07pm On Apr 15, 2019
Lordseyad:
grin grin

The way una guys take hate Sansa enh..

Of course we all hate Sansa, I've hated that *yeye girl* right from the start.

But from the few episodes back, towards the battle of the bastards till now.

Haba! She don dey get sense small small abegi. I believe she learnt a lot from the wise ones and the crazy ones

I’m a slow learner, it’s true. But I learn. Thank you for all your many lessons, Lord Baelish. I will never forget them

You don't know him, I know him and I know how he thinks!

Your words will disappear. Your house will disappear. Your name will disappear. All memory of you will disappear!!

You’re going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well!

Some even hate her just because she isn't a fighter like Arya..

The Great Cersie doesn't even know how to hold a sword. But she has killed hundreds.

Well said. Sansa was a naive little girl with the dream of marry Joffery and making little princess and princes. It was easy to hate her heck Arya disliked her.

But she has fu*king grown. She's no longer the girl who left winterfell for King's Landing. Her experience has sharpened her wits and made her wise. If you don't see this that's your headache

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by elrony(m): 8:08pm On Apr 15, 2019
raumdeuter:

The Tarlys told her pointedly that they will never serve her. You havent told me what would have happened to her if she was caught by the Tarly's or Lannisters

Her trying to even show mercy and giving options was a sign of weakness. Once you lose a war, you lose all options to decide your future.
Do you think her soldiers will continue supporting her f she didnt serve justice? So the soldiers who lost their friends and colleagues defending her will now see her negotiating with people who killed them

You havent explained why Sansa and Jon served Ramsay from a famous family to the dogs instead of using diplomatic strategy and pardoning him

The mad king was called mad because he roasted people just for fun even without war, she did hers in times of war

Shooting a man in wartimes is different from in time of peace. Why are you not asking whats the difference between the Jon/Sansa who fed Ramsay to dogs and the mad king who burnt them

All is fair in war, it's killed or be killed.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by bond77(m): 8:08pm On Apr 15, 2019
meforkene:

That's the director messing with our heads.
You know, last season and farther, Sansa had received serious backlash for the character. Feminists kept defending her and stood up for her. So we expect more sudden perfection from Sansa as feminism usually wins in the Western world.

I mean, since the onset of GOT, everyone appreciates and never forgets a good deed: Tyrion did not deserve that sort of treatment from Sansa at their reunion...Tyrion has treated her better than any man she's ever met..even her family.
The director is forcing it. Simple. Though i like the new 'reasoning' Sansa.
I think she deserves the new role of wits and smartness.. since the beginning of the series she has always been The fool, the dumb, the weak and gullible.. and I Don't think David and weiss are forcing her changed demeanor..she gradually developed it right from season 6 during the battle of the bastard all through season 7 during LF death. now season 8 ..viola !! she's become super smart. I like the new sansa! but at the end all this attributes are useless on the battlefield.. what westros need now are living soldiers to fight the great war not wits.

As for the tyrion treatment, I see no biggie there.. you don't expect sansas to start hugging him when their supposed marriage was forced and I think he's gradually losing his sense of wonder and captivation it was even glaring when he was addressing the lords of the north..let's just say Game of thrones has a way of killing the love and interest we have for our favorite characters.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by raumdeuter: 8:08pm On Apr 15, 2019
elrony:
All is fair in war, it's killed or be killed.

Larride say China and Japan meet in war, China defeats Japan and ask the Japanese president to surrender and "bend the knee" will Japan president now tell him I am meeting you for the first time, I need some time to know you first before I decide to surrender totally?

if that happens what do you think the Chinese leader will be saying? Trying to make himself known to the enemy?

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by melodyogonna(m): 8:10pm On Apr 15, 2019
raumdeuter:

they are also not talking of the Lannisters that murdered Rob, his mother and his pregnant wife on a wedding party when they could have been imprisoned. these guys still has not understood what is involved in war.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by elrony(m): 8:11pm On Apr 15, 2019
larride:

Are my eyes deceiving me?

Nihilist is a treacherous pie hole grin grin grin grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by bond77(m): 8:11pm On Apr 15, 2019
troubleseller:
That was what was said of The Sopranos before GoT arrived. Coincidentally both are HBO shows.
sopranos really?? I haven't heard of it before
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by raumdeuter: 8:13pm On Apr 15, 2019
melodyogonna:

they are also not talking of the Lannisters that murdered Rob, his mother and his pregnant wife on a wedding party when they could have been imprisoned. these guys still has not understood what is involved in war.

I dont blame the Lannisters they did what was expedient in time of war, the foool was Robb and his mother who didnt know what war is about.

That was why the Karstarks abandoned him for being an idiiot,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by elrony(m): 8:15pm On Apr 15, 2019
raumdeuter:

Larride say China and Japan meet in war, China defeats Japan and ask the Japanese president to surrender and "bend the knee" will Japan president now tell him I am meeting you for the first time, I need some time to know you first before I decide to surrender totally?

if that happens what do you think the Chinese leader will be saying? Trying to make himself known to the enemy?

Lol, it's just an emotional argument because say na Sam. I feel Sam's pain because he knew his brother wasn't a beast like his dad.

But then Dany gave them the option to surrender "totally", no be only them she capture afterall. Na medieval stubborn head honour.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by marylandcakes: 8:18pm On Apr 15, 2019
All the GOT addicts have come out of the wood works. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Sirfeeking(m): 8:21pm On Apr 15, 2019
ntyce:

I still wonder how Jon will prove that he's Targaryen?
I don't think it's documented or anyone alive to prove his true paternity.
Will anyone rely on Bran's vision?

The secret wedding between his parents was documented.Sammy saw the document when he was at the chapel.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 8:28pm On Apr 15, 2019
The way most people on this thread reason eh, they wouldn't last a week in the 7 kingdoms
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by larride(m): 8:29pm On Apr 15, 2019
raumdeuter:

This is different and you know it.

Could she have killed Randyll Tarly and imprisioned Dickon? Yes.

It made no sense no kill both of them like that.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by warbay: 8:33pm On Apr 15, 2019
People can be so sentimental... The Tarlys were burnt in the last season but no one mentioned the Queen being a betrayer or being a tyrant, as far as I can recall most people were rooting for her and Jon to rule the kingdoms, Voom!!! an episode later and it is revealed that Samuel's father was the one burnt and the gibberish is trooping in..

So, the Soldiers burnt during fights don't have family or are they not husbands and father to some people... This is WaR , you have choices to make...the Tarlys made theirs so did the mother of dragons.
Let's enjoy our suspense in peace biko!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by larride(m): 8:35pm On Apr 15, 2019
elrony:

Lol, it's just an emotional argument because say na Sam. I feel Sam's pain because he knew his brother wasn't a beast like his dad.

But then Dany gave them the option to surrender "totally", no be only them she capture afterall. Na medieval stubborn head honour.

It’s not even about about Sam.

She shouldn’t have killed Dickon. He was already her prisoner. If Sam wasn’t alive, she just wiped out a known and powerful house.

She wan kill papa, come kill pikin join. Makes no sense.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by raumdeuter: 8:36pm On Apr 15, 2019
larride:
This is different and you know it.
Could she have killed Randyll Tarly and imprisioned Dickon? Yes.
It made no sense no kill both of them like that.
Why will she do that? Is the sin of the father more than that of the son? Didnt both father and son fight against her and want to kill her just 30mins ago?

Why will she imprison someone who will be bitter all his life about his fathers death and be looking for a way to avenge his dad. Especially when the person insists on dying.
Like the foolish Starks did with Theon Greyjoy and he came back to punish them

She asked 2 of them to surrender unconditionally and she killed both

EVerything you asked her to do someone has done it before and we saw the end

Imprison - Robb and Catlyn did to Jamie and led to their death
Hold son - Stark did to Theon and Theon repaid him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by raumdeuter: 8:41pm On Apr 15, 2019
larride:

It’s not even about about Sam.

She shouldn’t have killed Dickon. He was already her prisoner. If Sam wasn’t alive, she just wiped out a known and powerful house.

She wan kill papa, come kill pikin join. Makes no sense.

What are you saying? No be so dem wipe out her own family? No be so dem wipe out Baratheon family?
If Lannister get hold of Stark wont they wipe them out, Didnt they wipe out the Martels
What makes the Tarlys different?

Do you know how man families they wiped out

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by sod09(m): 8:42pm On Apr 15, 2019
larride:

he no they hear word
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by larride(m): 8:43pm On Apr 15, 2019
raumdeuter:

Why will she do that? Is the sin of the father more than that of the son? Didnt both father and son fight against her and want to kill her just 30mins ago?

Why will she imprison someone who will be bitter all his life about his fathers death and be looking for a way to avenge his dad. Especially when the person insists on dying.

Robb Stark death is not because they imprison Jamie really. If Robb had married Walder Frey daughter, the Freys won’t have supported the Lannister.

Theon was just a bastard. Nothing more.

Dickon could have eventually bend the kneel and become Lord of Horn Hill. He could have helped her in conquering the reach since Olenna is dead and all of House Tyrell.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by sod09(m): 8:44pm On Apr 15, 2019
raumdeuter:

do you think she would have killed Jamie if she had him after the war?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 8:44pm On Apr 15, 2019
JhyMedex:

u said my mind bruh...Joffrey was such a great actor...I bet no one cos av interpreted dt role the way he did...U jst enjoyed hating him..Dude was attacked in public on more than 1 occasion cos of d vim wit which he portrayed the Jeffrey character..All doz times I had to rewatch GOT I watched him very closely n I fell in love wit d character eventually...Its such a shame dude has decided to stop acting entirely..rily a big loss..

Lena Heady is phenomenal...like she cldnt av portrayed cersie beta...I 4 one believe from season 4 she shld av bn winning best actress in a tv series 4 3yrs consecutively ...

I totally agree.

Yeah I also heard poor Jack Gleeson quit acting. Big loss for us all.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2019
Sultan5:

Make we hear word abeg!

When Sansa was using their history to repeatedly remind Reek who he truly was, where were you? Despite the fact he betrayed her initially and caused the death of one of her winterfell allies she never gave up. She kept pressing until she finally broke through something his own sister Yara failed to do. Sansa accomplished and your here saying what exactly?

Sansa accomplished what sorry? cheesy

When Sansa told Reek about the candle, what did he do? Maybe you should re-watch that episode

When Reek found Sansa coming back from the tower, he was taking her back to her room until they were busted by Miranda.

Obviously, at that point he knew he had to do something because his own neck was on the line.

If Miranda had nor busted them, Reek was bundling Sansa back into captivity. Don't try and claim anything else here abeg

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by raumdeuter: 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2019
sod09:
do you think she would have killed Jamie if she had him after the war?

Who would have killed Jamie?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Alday: 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2019
This isn't something to argue over.

GoT has a knack for act repetitions and karma.

Randyll Tarly rebelled and sacked the farms and stores of his leige lord because he loathed Dany.

He made his choice and was got served hot by Dany's fury.

Dany's grandfather was known for burning with wild fire. The show found it right to show the grand daughter burn someone too (this time with dragon fire and not the swordsman and crosses she used in Mereen).

A spoiler here (Drogon's dragon fire will still come into a tragic play later in the season. This time, it will light up all the wildfire barrels under Kings Landing, killing friends and foe alike including Jon Snow).
Modified: Seems the show isn't in line with the proposed spoiler.

We'd see how this would pan out in the books when Winds of Winter and Dream of Spring are released.

raumdeuter:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 8:50pm On Apr 15, 2019
Ksslib:

Ha!! After seven seasons it's surprising that anybody would say this about snow. I feel like koncking your head with my valyrian fists.. grin

These are characters we've grown with and should know in-out by now na. Jon look like the type who'll sacrifice duty for pu$s$$y? Bending the knee was essential for survival. He would have done it regardless of gender, race or class. If he suspected Dany was not capable, he would have still fallen in love with her regardless BUT wouldn't have bent the knee.

The Pu$$$y was just an extra package that came with the bending.

He didn't sacrifice it for kitten; he sacrificed it for love. He truly loves Daenerys Targaryen... This woman lost one of her children - Viserion the dragon - to save him. #ThinkAboutIt.

Of course I still don't think he should have bent the knee; that crown belonged to the Northern lords and Jon had no right to give away without consulting them first. I'm just saying that I understand why he did it anyway.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by raumdeuter: 8:51pm On Apr 15, 2019
larride:

Robb Stark death is not because they imprison Jamie really. If Robb had married Walder Frey daughter, the Freys won’t have supported the Lannister.

Theon was just a bastard. Nothing more.

Dickon could have eventually bend the kneel and become Lord of Horn Hill. He could have helped her in conquering the reach since Olenna is dead and all of House Tyrell.

If Robb killed Jamie and other Lannisters without condemning Karstarks, The Karstarks wouldnt have left him

His foolishness by being merciful to Lannisters who killed his father was the reason most of his men left him

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.