Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (634) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1092945 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by 9jaBloke: 11:21am On Apr 20, 2019
Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by 9jaBloke: 11:23am On Apr 20, 2019
9jaBloke:
Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all.

Just my opinion But I think Doreah-Khaleesi's first handmaiden deserves a mention.

S8E1 wasn't very satisfying but I like the quotes. Especially Lyanna dressing down Jon...she's very good at fazing Jon.
Arya and Jon's exchange...did anyone hear her threaten Jon?
Then 'i'm waiting for an old friend.'

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aystarz: 11:28am On Apr 20, 2019
Sasquatch:

I tried sending it to you but I was told your email address doesn't exist

Haba. It is signddonjohn@yahoo. There's a double d in there.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 11:30am On Apr 20, 2019
Sansa is so smart she walks round the castle without so much as one loyal bodyguard by her side knowing she can't defend herself. Look at Cersei with the Mountain or Dany with Ser Friendzone or book Olenna with her twin guards named Left and Right . Before you say Brienne, remember that the Big Woman was sworn to protect both Stark girls, so she stopped tagging along once Arya showed up.

Last season, Littlefinger went around without a protector, he's currently feeding worms. So I guess she only learns from LF.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by larride(m): 11:32am On Apr 20, 2019
Sasquatch:

Send me your Email

Can I send you a pm instead?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 11:45am On Apr 20, 2019
LeSulk:
Sansa is so smart she walks round the castle without so much as one loyal bodyguard by her side knowing she can't defend herself. Look at Cersei with the Mountain or Dany with Ser Friendzone or book Olenna with her twin guards named Left and Right . Before you say Brienne, remember that the Big Woman was sworn to protect both Stark girls, so she stopped tagging along once Arya showed up.

Last season, Littlefinger went around without a protector, he's currently feeding worms. So I guess she only learns from LF.

Point?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 11:46am On Apr 20, 2019
9jaBloke:

He did all their bidding I suppose. Podrick Payne is a squire and squires are trained to carry out orders. So I guess they just told him where and where to go and exactly when to come. wink

But if they had to tell him then they wouldn't have returned his coins.
He probably didn't need to be told what to do and where to go.
The mystery remains, how did he know what to do, where to go and when to come?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by 9jaBloke: 11:48am On Apr 20, 2019
Yonce:

You missed the joke smiley

But on a serious note, if a lady is in control of her man's 'time to come', then she'll always feel like 'returning his coins.'

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 20, 2019
larride:

Can I send you a pm instead?
Of course
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 11:49am On Apr 20, 2019
Gbola5:

Drogon has already bonded with Dany. No dragon can have two riders at once.

With two dragons left and two obvious riders, what will become of the prophesy "A dragon must have 3 heads?"
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 20, 2019
Aystarz:

Haba. It is signddonjohn@yahoo. There's a double d in there.
Ok, will try again
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 11:50am On Apr 20, 2019
9jaBloke:

You missed the joke smiley

K
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 11:50am On Apr 20, 2019
Yonce:

Bronn talked about Pod being blessed down south when he joked about Pod "having" Brienne.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 11:52am On Apr 20, 2019
Yonce:

With two dragons left and two obvious riders, what will become of the prophesy "A dragon must have 3 heads?"

If you mix the books and the series...you'll jam rock.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by larride(m): 11:55am On Apr 20, 2019
Sasquatch:

Of course

Done.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:02pm On Apr 20, 2019
Elder0001:

Daenerys can’t ride rheagal?

This is the most laughable and stupid assertion I’ve read on this thread

Cc brainiacX iamj vivkiz

Yes ! Neither could she ride Viserion when she rode Drogon.

You have to bond with a dragon to ride said dragon. And once that happens the dragon will not let anyone else ride it whilst its rider lives (except the rider is currently present and they all ride together on the dragons back), otherwise it passes on to another person after its riders death. That she's their mother, does not mean she gets to ride all three at once, except Drogon dies or there would be conflict. (The part that isn't so clear - If a rider can ride a second dragon after the first dragon's death - because it never happened). Now Jon has riden Rhaegal, she has no chance. Those sayings, "The Dragon has Three heads", are for a reason you know.

"...it was said that even
Aegon the Conquerer never
dared mount Vhagar or
Meraxes , nor did his sisters
mount Balerion the Black
Dread. Dragons live longer
than men, some for hundreds
of years, so Balerion had
other riders after Aegon
died... but no rider ever flew
two dragons." —Daenerys Targaryen

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:03pm On Apr 20, 2019
meforkene:

If you mix the books and the series...you'll jam rock.
Aye, but you can do both.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:17pm On Apr 20, 2019
Yonce:

That there will be 3 dragon riders. I don't know if the Night King riding undead Viserion was what GrrM planned. But that prophecy was told to Daenerys by the Undying, signifying that she had two other persons in the world she would meet and feel whole.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:21pm On Apr 20, 2019
LeSulk:
Arya :Sansa is the smartest person I've ever met

Considering she's met the likes of Tywin Lannister, you have to wonder if she's still in possession of some Braavosi kush. Sansa is not even smarter than the likes of Jaqen H'ghar or Syrio Forel. I guess Arya was comparing the old and new Sansas when she said that . What she was supposed to say was:

"Look Jon, Sansa is no longer the dumbass she used to be"

P.S: This ploy by the showrunners to make Sansa come off as a 'Cold Calculating Bítch' sucks. She'll always be Senseless Sansa to me. Look at her nerve, dissing Tyrion. A dead-drunk Tyrion will outsmart her any day of the week.

P. P.S: She's not even worthy to lick the boots of the Dragon Queen.

But Dany is a lot naive, and makes a lot of mistakes as she progresses. She just has dragons to clean her mess up.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 12:29pm On Apr 20, 2019
When I said what Gbola5 says is golden, you didn't believe me. He went ahead and cancelled my comments.
If there is one person you don't argue the books with, it's Gbola5... I learnt that lesson 3 years ago. I would with the series though grin

But I know he won't hear word, so please, come and argue again so you get roasted.

Gbola5:

You have to bond with a dragon to ride said dragon. And once that happens the dragon will not let anyone else ride it whilst its rider lives (except the rider is currently present and they all ride together on the dragons back), otherwise it passes on to another person after its riders death. That she's their mother, does not mean she gets to ride all three at once, except Drogon dies or there would be conflict. (The part that isn't so clear - If a rider can ride a second dragon after the first dragon's death - because it never happened). Now Jon has riden Rhaegal, she has no chance. Those sayings, "The Dragon has Three heads", are for a reason you know.

dared mount Vhagar or
mount Balerion the Black
other riders after Aegon
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oliidell(m): 12:31pm On Apr 20, 2019
Gbola5:

dared mount Vhagar or
mount Balerion the Black
other riders after Aegon

The riders are complete. Jon, Dany and the Night King.
GRRM has given the showrunners permission to finish the series so they may not adhere strictly to all prophecies in books 1-5.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aystarz: 12:34pm On Apr 20, 2019
Sasquatch:
Ok, will try again
Thanks boss
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:37pm On Apr 20, 2019
Jaime was once naive, and had idealistic views of knighthood when he was younger, about SanSan's age. I remember thoughts of him wanting to barge in and help Rhaella whenever the Mad King was raping her.
"We are sworn to protect her as well."
Darry answered, "We are, but not from him," - Jaime.
He was told constantly that he was powerless to such things.
He also trusted Cersei and loved her thinking she would be faithful to him the way he is to her, but she manipulates him.

Brienne also has those views of knighthood and honor, but is constantly reminded otherwise.

Now how are they any different from SanSan. They all had this sheltered idea of the world, until they were exposed to it. But she has survived. You need to stop giving her a hard time.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oliidell(m): 12:48pm On Apr 20, 2019
LeSulk:
Arya :Sansa is the smartest person I've ever met

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that statement + it's Arya's opinion for a good reason.

I've actually never seen Sansa as stupid. She was a spoilt, naive girl with fantasies of becoming Queen, then life happened and she was trapped in the capital.

There, she had the unique opportunity to learn from shrewd, calculating minds like Cercei, Varys, Baelish, Tyrion etc. She also survived her aunt and Ramsey. She experienced cruelty, watched people die and witnessed wars.

Sansa has obviously grown physically and otherwise and yes, she's now very clever.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 1:01pm On Apr 20, 2019
oliidell:

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that statement + it's Arya's opinion for a good reason.

I've actually never seen Sansa as stupid. She was a spoilt, naive girl with fantasies of becoming Queen, then life happened and she was trapped in the capital.

There, she had the unique opportunity to learn from shrewd, calculating minds like Cercei, Varys, Baelish, Tyrion etc. She also survived her aunt and Ramsey. She experienced cruelty, watched people die and witnessed wars.

Sansa has obviously grown physically and otherwise and yes, she's now very clever.

Again?
Sansa has ot really been stupid but just dumb.

Like i've said, the Northern families have been very loyal to the Starks that's why they've not decided to discuss her double or triple treasonable offences to her family and the North.

About the character development, it's fine but the runners shouldn't shove it down our throats in one episode (though more shoves to come).
Arya making that statement was just ridiculous.

Tyrion, Jon and Arya so far have been thrown under bus for Sansa to become smart...more to follow but they should just use style biko.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oliidell(m): 1:12pm On Apr 20, 2019
meforkene:

Again?

Like i've said, the Northern families have been very loyal to the Starks that's why they've not decided to discuss her double or triple treasonable offences to her family and the North.

About the character development, it's fine but the runners shouldn't shove it down our throats in one episode (though more shoves to come).

Tyrion, Jon and Arya so far have been thrown under bus for Sansa to become smart...more to follow but they should just use style biko.

Lol. Arya is just being a Stark and she wants Jon to know exactly whose side she will fight on but I see your point.

I'm also expecting lots of implausible plot twists because the original story ended in season five-where the books stopped. Dan and Dave are just trying to finish the story on a high. I hope they don't jinx it.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 1:13pm On Apr 20, 2019
meforkene:

Again?

Especially Tyrion. That is near blasphemy. They should tone down this her 'smart woman narrative' a bit. Nice character development but many have been owning that game before she was born.

As for Dany, she realises she's aware of her impulsive tendencies and limitations so she surrounds herself with brilliant people. The likes of Tyrion, Varys, Ser Barristan, Friendzone and even Missandei. There is wisdom in realizing that you are limited and doing something about it.

6 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Semtu(m): 1:23pm On Apr 20, 2019
LeSulk:

Especially Tyrion. That is near blasphemy. They should tone down this her 'smart woman narrative' a bit. Nice character development but many have been owning that game before she was born.

As for Dany, she realises she's aware of her impulsive tendencies and limitations so she surrounds herself with brilliant people. The likes of Tyrion, Varys, Ser Barristan, Friendzone and even Missandei. There is wisdom in realizing that you are limited and doing something about it.

Friendzone? grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 1:29pm On Apr 20, 2019
LeSulk:

Yeah.
Of course Dany had always known her decision making and critical thinking are not her strong points so she hardly argues much with Tyrion, Varys and others.

But wait o, it's Ser Jorah you guys are calling Friendzone grin grin grin grin It's not fair o. Wonder how the guy feels when right under his nose Dario came and collected...now Jon is collecting. Love is wicked.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 1:32pm On Apr 20, 2019
oliidell:

That Arya's statement, humbling of Tyrion by making us suppose she knows Cersie more than his sister, are everything that's wrong with the first episode.

Watch as she begins to act all macho and dish out rejoinders (which doesn't suit her anyways) just to prove a metal through fire can become gold.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 1:33pm On Apr 20, 2019
oliidell:

Lol. Arya is just being a Stark and she wants Jon to know exactly whose side she will fight on but I see your point.

I'm also expecting lots of implausible plot twists because the original story ended in season five-where the books stopped. Dan and Dave are just trying to finish the story on a high. I hope they don't jinx it.

Oh..season 5 for real? No wonder there's been plenty assumed fan services. D & D should go easy abeg or just start the war by episode 3.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 1:52pm On Apr 20, 2019
Gbola5:
Jaime was once naive, and had idealistic views of knighthood when he was younger, about SanSan's age. I remember thoughts of him wanting to barge in and help Rhaella whenever the Mad King was raping her.
"We are sworn to protect her as well."
Darry answered, "We are, but not from him," - Jaime.
He was told constantly that he was powerless to such things.
He also trusted Cersei and loved her thinking she would be faithful to him the way he is to her, but she manipulates him.

Brienne also has those views of knighthood and honor, but is constantly reminded otherwise.

Now how are they any different from SanSan. They all had this sheltered idea of the world, until they were exposed to it. But she has survived. You need to stop giving her a hard time.

Its a thing of joy when thought process are properly explained. However, I know there are some who are very gifted at finding loopholes in everything one says. Let's see what they do with this

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.