Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,366 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (774) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1092006 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aystarz: 12:38pm On May 11, 2019
crackhaus:

Great counter-offensive mind you got there. But I believe doing this would not have fit nicely into how they want the show to progress. cheesy

Euron's death has to be more poetic. Either he is killed by Jamie or Yara.

Yara would want, more than anything else in the world, to murder that cocky piece of shiit. Euron killed her Pa, claimed her Kingdom for himself and then had her captured, after murdering all her men.
But Jamie Except for Euron's litany of silly, distasteful insults on his person, Jamie and he, technically, have no axe to grind. I don't think Jamie cares very much what happens to that coont!

No war for Cersei's cunt!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aystarz: 12:52pm On May 11, 2019
athorello:
The iron throne belongs to "no one". D&grin can't get me twisted again. Finally separated my emotions from this season.

No one Arya? I mean that girl used to be 'no one', right?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 1:14pm On May 11, 2019
PaddyX:
I've observed we have a lot of Dany fans on this thread. ... tell me what kind of good ruler will consider burning citizens alive. Even CONSIDER it?
I don't believe that Dany intends to burn innocent citizens.

Dany is just a little better than Cersei, ever since she got to Westerns, everything from her has been burn, burn, burn, "I'll take my dragons to the red keep and burn everything" and Tyrion and others have to constantly talk her out of it and provide other solutions.
Dany's strongest weapon is her dragon. Drogon can't shoot bullets; he can only shoot fire. This is unfortunate, but it can't be helped. All Dany can do is to be careful not to use her dragon on innocent people. She must focus her fiery wrath on people like Cersei and Euron who deserve it.

I will not pretend that Dany is perfect. She has made serious mistakes in the past. As a Khaleesi, and in her campaign to liberate slaves. She was a poorly educated and inexperienced child, having spent her childhood on the run from King Robert's assassins instead of being trained to be a lady like Sansa and other girls of noble birth. As a result of this, her morality was too black and white. She did not understand shades of grey. You were either good, and deserving of protection, or evil, and deserving of being burnt alive. However, over the past 8 seasons, she has grown a lot. She learned from her mistakes and rarely repeats them. She is now capable of ruling Westeros with loyal & wise advisers.

Now that those other solutions failed woefully (season 5-8 Tyrion has been producing some of the most stupid ideas we've seen on this show, thanks to D & D), does that now justify burning some of her citizens? and you guys on this thread are like "since she has exhausted all options, Dracarys"
Dracarys doesn't have to mean burning innocent citizens. Dany is now mature enough to focus her wrath on Cersei, Euron and their fighters.

And don't forget that the people of King's Landing are not in chains, they are not slaves neither are they suffering like that,
Tell that to the people whose friends and relatives were burnt alive by Cersei in the Holy Sept. Tell that to the subjects of Qyburn's experiments.

Dany will be a better queen than Cersei simply because she cares about people. She is driven by ambition, like most people, but when she sees people suffering, she's ready to do whatever it takes to make things better for them. She went to Astapor to buy slave soldiers, but when she saw how cruelly they were treated, she had to find a way to free all the slaves. Dany will be a much better ruler than any of the people who ruled Westeros recently, such as drunk whoring debtor Robert, evil Joffery, spineless Tommen, and mad queen Cersei.

However, I think Essos needs her more, for sure. All those slaves she freed, who called her 'mother', and have been re-enslaved in her absence.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by PaddyX: 2:30pm On May 11, 2019
Seun:

I don't believe that Dany intends to burn innocent citizens. She certainly didn't say so. She plans to uproot Cersei "root and stem". That's all.

Dany's strongest weapon is her dragon. Drogon can't shoot bullets; he can only shoot fire. This is unfortunate, but it can't be helped. All Dany can do is to be careful not to use her dragon on innocent people. She must focus her fiery wrath on people like Cersei and Euron who deserve it.

I will not pretend that Dany is perfect. She has made serious mistakes in the past. As a Khaleesi, and in her campaign to liberate slaves. She was a poorly educated and inexperienced child, having spent her childhood on the run from King Robert's assassins instead of being trained to be a lady like Sansa and other girls of noble birth. As a result of this, her morality was too black and white. She did not understand shades of grey. You were either good, and deserving of protection, or evil, and deserving of being burnt alive. However, over the past 10 seasons, she has grown a lot. She learned from her mistakes and rarely repeats them. She is now capable of ruling Westeros with loyal & wise advisers.

Dracarys doesn't have to mean burning innocent citizens. Dany is now mature enough to focus her wrath on Cersei, Euron and their fighters.

Tell that to the people whose friends and relatives were burnt alive by Cersei in the Holy Sept. Tell that to the subjects of Qyburn's experiments.

Dany will be a better queen than Cersei simply because she cares about people. She is driven by ambition, like most people, but when she sees people suffering, she's ready to do whatever it takes to make things better for them. She went to Astapor to buy slave soldiers, but when she saw how cruelly they were treated, she had to find a way to free all the slaves. Dany will be a much better ruler than any of the people who ruled Westeros recently, such as drunk whoring debtor Robert, evil Joffery, spineless Tommen, and mad queen Cersei.

However, I think Essos needs her more, for sure. All those slaves she freed, who called her 'mother', and have been re-enslaved in her absence.

Hmm

You've made good points, particularly with the part of the slave masters of Astapor, but the Dany I saw in this last episode, I think something broke within her when Viserion was killed.

She's always been able to control her worst impulses, but I strongly believe this time around she just might fly to the Red Keep and try to kill Cersei.

Or perhaps she'll unleash that anger on Euron as you said (I hadn't thought of that)

I guess we'll find out in a few days.

But if she does decide to fly to the Keep, and in the process she kills several innocents, I won't be part of those that will try to justify her actions by what Cersei did to Missandei and Viserion.

If she has to sacrifice the throne because there is no other way to get to Cersei, then so be it. That's what any good leader will do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by crackhaus: 2:38pm On May 11, 2019
Aystarz:

Yara would want, more than anything else in the world, to murder that cocky piece of shiit. Euron killed her Pa, claimed her Kingdom for himself and then had her captured, after murdering all her men.
But Jamie Except for Euron's litany of silly, distasteful insults on his person, Jamie and he, technically, have no axe to grind. I don't think Jamie cares very much what happens to that coont!

No war for Cersei's cunt!

Remember Euron made jokes to him about how he was going to sleep with Cercei?

When Jamie finds out he did and that she really loved it, I don't even need to type what will happen to Euron. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aystarz: 3:07pm On May 11, 2019
crackhaus:

Remember Euron made jokes to him about how he was going to sleep with Cercei?

When Jamie finds out he did and that she really loved it, I don't even need to type what will happen to Euron. cheesy
And you think a one-handed Jamie could defeat that ruthless psycho in a one-on-one combat Ah, didn't think so.

When Jamie finds out Euron bedded Cersei and she loved it, I'd bet on Jamie getting rid of his hateful sister who wants him dead rather. (1) She's the easier option, and (2) he doesn't love her, anymore, to care about whom she's fvcking and whom she isn't.

It's a good thing Cersei doesn't know all that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ohraykon: 3:17pm On May 11, 2019
Wats so special about dis game of thrones sef merlin and legend of the seeker better dan dis trash. Over hyped series tueh!!!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamD18: 3:27pm On May 11, 2019
Ohraykon:
[s] Wats so special about dis game of thrones sef merlin and legend of the seeker better dan dis trash. Over hyped series tueh!!![/s]

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ohraykon: 3:35pm On May 11, 2019
[quote author=IamD18 post=78302702][/quote] grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by armadeo(m): 3:38pm On May 11, 2019
Aystarz:

And you think a one-handed Jamie could defeat that ruthless psycho in a one-on-one combat Ah, didn't think so.

When Jamie finds out Euron bedded Cersei and she loved it, I'd bet on Jamie getting rid of his hateful sister who wants him dead rather. (1) She's the easier option, and (2) he doesn't love her, anymore, to care about who she's fvcking and who she isn't.

Jamie would.kill cersie simple.

Jamie would kill cersie simple. Remember the prophecy her volanquar will.choke her to death
Shes always suspected Tyrion cos volanquar means younger brother.

Jamie is her younger brother
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 3:56pm On May 11, 2019
Since the NK died, a part of me lost something.

There's no more enigmatic fear in the series. Jon looks like he feels empty. There was a 'je ne sais quoi' about the NK.

I seriously miss the guy...even the show misses him too.

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aystarz: 4:07pm On May 11, 2019
armadeo:

Jamie would kill cersie simple. Remember the prophecy her volanquar will.choke her to death
Shes always suspected Tyrion cos volanquar means younger brother.

Jamie is her younger brother

Actually, Jamie is her twinny.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 4:14pm On May 11, 2019
90% or more true.
I'll add the Arya Gendry sexy time too..absolutely unnecessary. Complete fan service that started like a joke at end of season 7.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 11, 2019
meforkene:

There's no more enigmatic fear in the series. Jon looks like he feels empty. There was a 'je ne sais quoi' about the NK.

NK was the reason I was anticipating season 8, after 7 seasons of WINTER IS COMING, only for it to come and go in a blink of an eye, now the war with cersie is well, just there, the truth is I wanted more from NK, a back story even, to me it could have been better if Dany fought with cersie, win the battle but her armies will be cut down in two, then she fight against NK with all the Lord's of westeros, it could have been a epic battle, even if she dies at the end, at least it will make more sense, then the throne will be given to the next powerful person. I won't even have problem with sansa sitting on the iron throne.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 4:26pm On May 11, 2019
meforkene:

You're not alone.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 4:27pm On May 11, 2019
IamD18:
How many ideas you don bring?
grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 4:28pm On May 11, 2019
Ohraykon:
Wats so special about dis game of thrones sef merlin and legend of the seeker better dan dis trash. Over hyped series tueh!!!
At least, it's better than Jenifa's diary.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aystarz: 4:42pm On May 11, 2019
meforkene:
90% or more true.
I'll add the Arya Gendry sexy time too..absolutely unnecessary. Complete fan service that started like a joke at end of season 7.

GOT left us all so high and dry that Lighthouse Family would have been jealous. Can't believe I gave 8years of my life for this shiit!

Stage of Grief : shuffling between depression and acceptance (already)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SerVik(m): 4:50pm On May 11, 2019
Aystarz:

When Jamie finds out Euron bedded Cersei and she loved it, I'd bet on Jamie getting rid of his hateful sister who wants him dead rather. (1) She's the easier option, and (2) he doesn't love her, anymore, to care about whom she's fvcking and who she isn't.

Jamie won't kill cercei. It would be quite a stupid plot twist if the showrunners decide to go that route.

Cersei is carrying his baby, that should count for something. Killing her would also mean taking the life of his unborn child, something I don't think Jamie is capable of.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by armadeo(m): 4:57pm On May 11, 2019
Aystarz:

Even twins have first and second
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by armadeo(m): 5:00pm On May 11, 2019
SerVik:

Jamie won't kill cercei. It would be quite a stupid plot twist if the showrunners decide to go that route.

Cersei is carrying his baby, that should count for something. Killing her would also mean taking the life of his unborn child, something I don't think Jamie is capable of.

Cersie will die bu wither the hand of Jamie or Tyrion. We all expect Tyrion to kill her that's why I think it's going to be Jamie. Maybe because we don't expect it.

I expect a replay of the mad king.

Anyway clegane bowl on my mind.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aystarz: 5:03pm On May 11, 2019
SerVik:

A feat Tyrion is also incapable of. How that sucker would love to see her walk away from all this without a scratch!

Who then would 'valonqurise' Cersei's ass?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aystarz: 5:05pm On May 11, 2019
armadeo:

Hmmm... nice try.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aystarz: 5:05pm On May 11, 2019
armadeo:

Hmmm... nice try.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ohraykon: 5:21pm On May 11, 2019
Isomerizm:
At least, it's better than Jenifa's diary.
correct u sabi lol
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 7:26pm On May 11, 2019
Aystarz:

yes he is, but Jamie came out holding on to cersei's feet as cersei was born first so technically, Jamie though her twin is still her valonquar, that is the fine print technicality of the prophecy cersei seems to have missed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.