Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,329 members, 7,864,591 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:04 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1106554 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Csami(m): 2:05pm On Jun 04, 2015
E be like say Seun don neck Gbola5 ban grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by MaziOmenuko: 2:47pm On Jun 04, 2015
Akanniade:

Only...

^^ Make dem catch u with that post up there.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 2:51pm On Jun 04, 2015
Seun:
Gbola5

Csami:
E be like say Seun don neck Gbola5 ban grin grin grin

Why am i not surprised? Dude no dey hear word.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by adexsimply(m): 3:04pm On Jun 04, 2015
Lmao, na over-sabi dey kill some people. With the way they keep proposing theories both reasonable and unreasonable, you'll think they're the only ones who follow the book(a song of ice and fire).

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Flexysweet(m): 5:46pm On Jun 04, 2015
Winter came in with White Walker infestation and bloodbath to put things in a surprising and thrilling action for us to enjoy.

This episode's visual effects and make up is mind-blowing and actually it felt like a glimpse of 'Lord of the Rings' with 'The Walking Dead' zombies on steroids

Evidently one of the most expensive Tv series episode.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 6:20pm On Jun 04, 2015
Gbola5:

Yes.

Lol. What?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UyiIredia(m): 6:21pm On Jun 04, 2015
Seun:
I am a book reader. I know all the spoilers. I have read all the released chapters from the next book. Spoilers do not harm me personally in any way. So keep that in mind, folks, when speculating about my motivation. Cheers.

Where did you get the released chapters from ? I didn't see 'em.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 6:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
luxanne:

And some fans reckoned:

► the hooded guy is Benjen Stark, Jon's 'uncle' who was missing since s01. How they came to this conclusion, they didn't say.

► That both tyrion and jon are targs - I also read on here about tyrion being a targ citing amongst others the hair and eye color theory as reasons, but how about jon snow? He's got black hairs, dark eyes to contradict descending from the targ kinsfolk, so what then is his own targ related theory? Just being curious here.

And to those paranoiac about Olly, that's just what it is, paranoia. The lil boy is angry @jon's decision to bring the wildings close to the wall after watching them kill his family and also frightened having the wildings closeby knowing what they are fully capable of, what reason(s) does he then have to murder sam?

If he wanted murdering anyone, it would have been jon snow and it would have happened when he served him - the moment after he (jon) made the pronouncement of bringing in the wildings.

theory about olly
-------------

I think he poisoned sam with that food so that Allister Thorne can take over castle black. Motivation for him to do so will be maybe Allister promised to kill the wildings when they arrive. Obviously, Sam will not allow that to happen so they have to take him out and run their matter. It might just be a sleeping potion .
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 6:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

^^ Make dem catch u with that post up there.
Did you watch season 3?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
Gbola5:

No, cuz the tv show has become a fanfiction, the many plotlines have been condensed way too much, the character developments, the actions of the characters aren't personality related anymore, its become agenda related. Some plots are inconsistent, aren't well thought about.

Dude, have you written a book before? Have you produced a movie before? Because you are the only one seeing all these "out of character" or "condensed plotlines". only you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2015
Gbola5:

This isn't about comparing the two. But even without comparing the two, the show still has flaws. Yet some just overlook them.

You keep saying this...

Okay, if you can name one flaw and give your reasons, I will tell you why you are wrong.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RamsayBolton: 6:55pm On Jun 04, 2015
gj22:

You keep saying this...

Okay, if you can name one flaw and give your reasons, I will tell you why you are wrong.

It appears that Gbola5 was ban. I think....
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 6:56pm On Jun 04, 2015
alaricsaltzman:

cant even remember the so-called benjen stark sef.

about tyrion and jon being targs...remains to be seen

olly will come around. but the look on the face is like that of someone who wants to do something bad. Killing sam will be outrageous cos he wasn't the one who said he wanted to save the wildlings and when olly finally hears about the WW and wights, he will forget he had family sef.

But sam is the only person standing between Alliser Thorne and the Lord commander seat. If sam is taken out, all jon snow loyals will jump ship especially with most of the nights watch disagreeing with jon bringing the wildings.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:01pm On Jun 04, 2015
Aida13:
Enjoying the analysis on here.. Some are very much on point. I like the fact that the TV adaptation varies majorly from the books. But the books will always remain source material, Thank goodness.

Amazing how each episode each has a different director. Not sure how that works out, but I like the results. Keeps things fresh. Can't imagine how much time, money and effort goes into shooting each season and we aren't even sure how long this show will run for.

I hear it's 7 seasons. As much as I don't want the show to end, 7 seasons is fair. I don't want another vampire diaries that refuses to end and just keeps getting boring.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:05pm On Jun 04, 2015
kay9:

Why am i not surprised? Dude no dey hear word.

As in ehn, the guy no dey rest.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:09pm On Jun 04, 2015
Flexysweet:
Winter came in with White Walker infestation and bloodbath to put things in a surprising and thrilling action for us to enjoy.

This episode's visual effects and make up is mind-blowing and actually it felt like a glimpse of 'Lord of the Rings' with 'The Walking Dead' zombies on steroids

Evidently one of the most expensive Tv series episode.

As in. A lot of people do not know this. It's expensive and they used at least 2 production crews for this season. One In sevilla(spain) for the Dorne scenes and another for the rest. That's why the first 5 episodes leaked. It's also the reason for the 1 year break that follows after each season.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:12pm On Jun 04, 2015
RamsayBolton:

It appears that Gbola5 was ban. I think....

I just realised this. I was going thru older posts and was replying until I saw Gbola5. Oga change your user name before Sansa fans deal with you tongue tongue tongue
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by suyamasta(m): 7:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
Akanniade:
Did you watch season 3?
i watched season three and didnt notice, i will rewatch again
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aida13: 9:07pm On Jun 04, 2015
gj22:

I hear it's 7 seasons. As much as I don't want the show to end, 7 seasons is fair. I don't want another vampire diaries that refuses to end and just keeps getting boring.

That's two more seasons. I guess they can only stretch fantasy so far. With the way GOT looks better and better every year (thanks to state of art technology) then I know they'll make the last two worth it.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by suyamasta(m): 9:11pm On Jun 04, 2015
Meanwhile this is what i found on the other thread! Lwkmd! Abeg when we go get naija series wey go make waves like dis *GOT* na?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aida13: 9:13pm On Jun 04, 2015
Gbola5:

No, cuz the tv show has become a fanfiction, the many plotlines have been condensed way too much, the character developments, the actions of the characters aren't personality related anymore, its become agenda related. Some plots are inconsistent, aren't well thought about.

I find myself agreeing. They seem to be picking random elements from the books and piece them together, focusing only on keeping to the timeline of the books. I for one don't expect a play by play replica of the books but for once the words `losing the plot` makes perfect sense to me here.

Still I watch because I've grown too attached to the characters and the visual effects, costumes are stunning. The dialogue, not so much.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 04, 2015
suyamasta:
Meanwhile this is what i found on the other thread! Lwkmd! Abeg when we go get naija series wey go make waves like dis *GOT* na?
juz hilarious.... BTW, which other thread?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by suyamasta(m): 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2015
Preboy:

juz hilarious.... BTW, which other thread?
lol i couldnt stop laffing
Diz one https://www.nairaland.com/1956070/adewale-akinnuoye-agbaje-joins-game-thrones
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by siegfried99(m): 10:35pm On Jun 04, 2015
ApexTitan:
Abeg abeg Gbola5 this is too much! The way you are going about this is something else, you are calling the TV show fan fiction yet you indulge in all kinds of theories sprouted from readers and viewers like yourself from westeros.org. Which of these have more legitimacy, scripts written by the TV producers that are endorsed by George RR Martin himself or stuff posted by some overweight 30 something year old man living in his mother's basement?

You need to come to terms with the fact that the TV show is what it is, it is not an improvement or ridicule of the book story. They are two different elements to be enjoyed separately

I just tire for Mr theory, we no dey hear word for this thread again.

Yet he hasn't shown us a book or movie he produced, people think these things are easy, the only easy thing is to sit back and watch on TV.

Let's learn to appreciate people's effort,not just criticising every little flaw.

Btw, the book is supposed to be a source for the movie not a replica of it.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by adexsimply(m): 8:56am On Jun 05, 2015
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 10:55am On Jun 05, 2015
Most ASOIAF fans can't just realize that if the show was to cover every scene from the books,plot-for-plot,chapter-for-chapter,character-for-character,we'll be talking of at least 7 seasons just to catch up with the first five books.
D&D have done a good job of condensing the storylines and minimising the characters on the show yet book readers are not contented.
I read the fifth book during the '1 year wait' for season 5.Later I regretted doing so because I knew the show would lose that 'unpredictability' I like so much.Since the show started,I'm happy they're deviating and I pray they keep deviating so that the show will always be interesting

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Forwetinnah: 10:56am On Jun 05, 2015
suyamasta:

Nigerians are crazy I sweeear gringringringringringringringringringringrin

So this is the Naija version of Tyrion, smh

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by suyamasta(m): 11:26am On Jun 05, 2015
Forwetinnah:
Nigerians are crazy I sweeear gringringringringringringringringringringrin So this is the Naija version of Tyrion, smh
Hahahaha im telling u,
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 11:43am On Jun 05, 2015
gj22:

theory about olly
-------------

I think he poisoned sam with that food so that Allister Thorne can take over castle black. Motivation for him to do so will be maybe Allister promised to kill the wildings when they arrive. Obviously, Sam will not allow that to happen so they have to take him out and run their matter. It might just be a sleeping potion .

I can recall what Allister said to Sam at the maester's funeral - now all your friends are gone, there is noone to protect you. That could be seen as a warning of sort or not but I stil don't think olly poisoned sam.

Well, we shall know next episode.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 11:52am On Jun 05, 2015
suyamasta:

gringringringringrin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (859) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.