Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,153 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria (7994 Views)

Pastor Mboro Prays For Couple In Their Bedroom While They Almost Have Sex / Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) / Christmas Address: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria, Condemns Religious Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by nathdim: 12:41pm On Apr 01, 2013
for those protestant churches rating d pope have dis in mind in d next 50 years adeboye t b Joshua oyedepo oyakhilome bonkee kumuyi e.t.c they and their church will be R.I.P but d Catholic church still stands d one and only true church 4 d past 2000 years

1 Like

Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by sureteeboy(m): 12:46pm On Apr 01, 2013
nathdim: for those protestant churches rating d pope have dis in mind in d next 50 years adeboye t b Joshua oyedepo oyakhilome bonkee kumuyi e.t.c they and their church will be rip but d Catholic church still stands d one and only true church 4 d past 2000 years
*sipping this drink while relaxing* Lets wait and see
Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by HugeMac: 1:10pm On Apr 01, 2013
Oni John:
My people perish because they lack wisdom, so says the Holy Scriptures, you are indeed incompetent, unwise and clueless, The Papacy is Holy and can not err in the person of the office he occupies and not in His Human person. I.e the seat he occupies is Holy, hence the one sitting on the Holy Chair is Holy, consequently He is our Holy Father, the Vicar of Christ on Earth, He has the direct link to the Apostles of Christ, descending from Peter and thats why he sits on the seat of St. Peter. Is there any other pastor, church who has this direct link, say it out or remain silent forever, Friend.
you see yourself? 'l he who sits on the holy chair is holy'' U just being fooled because you re never encouraged to read your bible as a catholic,
ONLY GOD IS HOLY ; ONLY HIM CAN MAKE ONE HOLY THROUGH THE HOLYSPIRIT, NO POSITION YOU HOLD CAN MAKE YOU HOLY. HABA ... THIS IS INDEED THE LAST DAYS, MANY WILL COME IN THE NAME OF JESUS AND CHURCH AND DECEIVE YOU ; BECAUSE YOU REFUSED TO BELEIVE YOUR BIBLE
Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 01, 2013
7thCANON: While i'm not a catholic fanatic, i think a little knowledge on history will help those who like denigrating the Catholic church. There is no christendom without Catholic church. From compiling and canonizing the bible, to selection of christian feast days e.g. Christmas and Easter, preserving all ancient documents and sitles relating to christendom e.g. codex vaticanus, protecting christedom from the Islamic crusades etc. While the church has had it's downsides which to me is in line with all human led institutions. So, you may not like Catholics and Catholism, but do well to respect it because we call ourselves christians because of what the Catholic church has done.

additional 1000000 likes
Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by HugeMac: 1:33pm On Apr 01, 2013
ijeebest: I challenge everybody criticizing the catholics to mention the names of their churches. maybe we will all repent and follow with the teachings of their pastors? who knows?

Lets not just condemn them. Lets make suggestions with the names of our own churches. Condemning them without recommending the better churches makes us cowards.
the church , Jesus talked about building is your body , not cement and stone walls , when 2 or 3 re gathered in his name, he is present with them,
Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by Ubenedictus(m): 1:38pm On Apr 01, 2013
sureteeboy: From these pictures They worship no one else but virgin mary. Also check that illuminati pyramid,
the catholic church has always venerated images right from the 1st century. That is why i asked you to give a date.
Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: the catholic church has always venerated images right from the 1st century. That is why i asked you to give a date.

that is why it is PAGAN smiley
Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 01, 2013
Kamsy10:

Hahahaha his pastor will even collect bribe sorry tithe from bokoharam members if he knew them going by the way pastors hunt for tithe these days.
One of them even threatened his members that he'll start embarrassing those that don't pay tithe in church by calling out names of those that pay.
And non tithers will not be allowed to work in church. I'M LIKE WAHT?
Same pastor tells you that Jesus has died and those old testament rules n laws don't apply anymore except tithing so
I had to search for Mal 3:10 which talks about tithing and it's equally in the old testament.
Somebody scamming you just like that in a koro koro daylight and he has d nerves to even try judging the pope.
What is my point? His confused pastor reads one verse of the bible and starts confusing his congregation
Judgement day will tell cos by always trying to judge the catholic church, they're already judged
Our God is merciful anyway
Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by sureteeboy(m): 2:16pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: the catholic church has always venerated images right from the 1st century. That is why i asked you to give a date.
I can't give you the exact date, but do you think that really matters? What matters now is that they are presently worshiping an Idolized mary. but I know it has started a long time ago sha. I can't post a link here but If you need full proof, kindly send me a mail and I'll give it to you
Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 2:19pm On Apr 01, 2013
nathdim: for those protestant churches rating d pope have dis in mind in d next 50 years adeboye t b Joshua oyedepo oyakhilome bonkee kumuyi e.t.c they and their church will be R.I.P but d Catholic church still stands d one and only true church 4 d past 2000 years

Is the catholic church older than the ancient of days whom we serve?

I just hope there is a catholic church in heaven & hell... cos it seems you guys are powerless outside the walls of your cathedral in Rome & Italy
Besides Jesus is coming soon to take the saints (The Born again christians) with him to the place he prepared for us..

You guys can continue counting ten thousands of years on earth while we are gone smiley cool

1 Like

Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by pat4love: 2:41pm On Apr 01, 2013
Amen, May God Almighty should continue to keep him save and give him the wisdom he needed to lead all the Catholic faithful clooser to our Heavenly Father. More trenght to you Papacy.
Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 01, 2013
all this religious arguments doesn'
Acidosis:

Is the catholic church older than the ancient of days whom we serve?

I just hope there is a catholic church in heaven & hell... cos it seems you guys are powerless outside the walls of your cathedral in Rome & Italy
Besides Jesus is coming soon to take the saints (The Born again christians) with him to the place he prepared for us..

You guys can continue counting ten thousands of years on earth while we are gone smiley cool
t make
sureteeboy: I can't give you the exact date, but do you think that really matters? What matters now is that they are presently worshiping an Idolized mary. but I know it has started a long time ago sha. I can't post a link here but If you need full proof, kindly send me a mail and I'll give it to you
you guys saints. Nigerians be preaching holiness, but so corrupt and sinful people.
Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by nakash: 2:47pm On Apr 01, 2013
The pope is either being ignorant or is being economical with the truth. Hatred of non muslims stem from their quran. He should enlighten his flock to understand that violence by muslims to non muslims is a religious duty advocated and sanctioned by the quran. Hence the senseless slaughter by Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by sureteeboy(m): 3:12pm On Apr 01, 2013
nakash: The pope is either being ignorant or is being economical with the truth. Hatred of non muslims stem from their quran. He should enlighten his flock to understand that violence by muslims to non muslims is a religious duty advocated and sanctioned by the quran. Hence the senseless slaughter by Boko Haram.
confirm fact, bro
Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by efosanice: 4:51pm On Apr 01, 2013
nathdim: for those protestant churches rating d pope have dis in mind in d next 50 years adeboye t b Joshua oyedepo oyakhilome bonkee kumuyi e.t.c they and their church will be R.I.P but d Catholic church still stands d one and only true church 4 d past 2000 years

I think you should also know that the catholic church has lost over half a billion members world wide within the last 10 years.
Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 01, 2013
efosanice:

I think you should also know that the catholic church has lost over half a billion members world wide within the last 10 years.

Cos ur confused pastors always aim their sermon at attacking d catholic church just to win memberz to help maintain their jets grin

1 Like

Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by mamagee3(f): 5:33pm On Apr 01, 2013
I love Jorge Mario Bergoglio!!! cheesy
Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by Ubenedictus(m): 6:39pm On Apr 01, 2013
sureteeboy: I can't give you the exact date, but do you think that really matters? What matters now is that they are presently worshiping an Idolized mary. but I know it has started a long time ago sha. I can't post a link here but If you need full proof, kindly send me a mail and I'll give it to you
if u think catholic left d right track then u have to show when, if your answer is "when catholics started venerating image" then you've gat a problem all the ancient churches has always and still venerate image. In essence that means catholics were never on the right track.
Re-evaluate.

1 Like

Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by Ubenedictus(m): 6:44pm On Apr 01, 2013
nakash: The pope is either being ignorant or is being economical with the truth. Hatred of non muslims stem from their quran. He should enlighten his flock to understand that violence by muslims to non muslims is a religious duty advocated and sanctioned by the quran. Hence the senseless slaughter by Boko Haram.
pope benedict once quoted an ancient discussion by a christian and a muslim where d christian said the quran advocates violence, take note benedict didnt say, he quoted somebody who said so while giving a lecture, and that week christians were killed left, right and center. You preach that someone's faith is a cause of violence, then be ready to get blood on your hands.
Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by jaymichael(m): 7:21pm On Apr 01, 2013
7thCANON: While i'm not a catholic fanatic, i think a little knowledge on history will help those who like denigrating the Catholic church. There is no christendom without Catholic church. From compiling and canonizing the bible, to selection of christian feast days e.g. Christmas and Easter, preserving all ancient documents and sitles relating to christendom e.g. codex vaticanus, protecting christedom from the Islamic crusades etc. While the church has had it's downsides which to me is in line with all human led institutions. So, you may not like Catholics and Catholism, but do well to respect it because we call ourselves christians because of what the Catholic church has done.
The catholic "church" has only succeeded in formulating and spreading one thing the perverted form of Christianity. The so called feast days are nothing but a rebranding of pagan holidays and feast days. The catholic church is not the first church. where was the catholic church mentioned among the churches in the new testament. The catholic church started when emperor Constantine adopted Christianity as the official state religion and they married Christianity with traditional Roman Regan religion, thus, Roman catholic "church" was born. when the Apostles first gathered at the upper room after the death of Christ, when they received the holy spirit on the day of Pentecost, they did not gather in the name of Mary, they were not praying to dead saints, it wasn't recorded that they were observing the human traditions the catholic "church" now hold as doctrine. My friends, that gathering is the first church. The Apostles received the gift of the holy spirit, they shed the fear that bound them from spreading the gospel, they began to speak in strange tongues, the spirit of GOD was upon them, and they spread the gospel far and wide. some years later, Constantine introduced catholicism.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by YMCgyna(m): 8:13pm On Apr 01, 2013
honor 2 Mary abeg
Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 01, 2013
YMCgyna: honor 2 Mary abeg

What about Jesus.
Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by Ubenedictus(m): 8:30pm On Apr 01, 2013
frosbel:

What about Jesus.

glory to him
Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by Yooguyz: 9:20pm On Apr 01, 2013
God bless the holy father and may the spirit fill you with wisdom and long life to lead his sheep
Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 01, 2013
Yooguyz: God bless the holy father and may the spirit fill you with wisdom and long life to lead his sheep

There is absolutely nothing Holy about the Pope .

Only GOD is Holy Father smiley
Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by dokie: 1:49pm On Apr 03, 2013
frosbel:

There is absolutely nothing Holy about the Pope .

Only GOD is Holy Father smiley

how did you get to.this point of evil. one who doesnt see anything good in another human being has no good in himself.

give your life to Christ frosbel else you will perish.
Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 03, 2013
^^^

How can he be Holy when he is continually praying and bowing to idols ?

How can he be Holy when his hands are stained red with the blood of the true saints of GOD

How can he be Holy when he is committing harlotry with the world, getting involved in politics, wars, economics , scheming, planning and doing terribly evil things to people and nations , or has he forgotten this injunction :

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." - 1 John 2:15

How can he be Holy when he is in rebellion against the one True Holy Father Almighty Yahweh , and his beloved Son Christ Jesus.

He is a million miles away from Holiness. smiley

1 Like

Re: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria by OniJohn: 8:08pm On Apr 03, 2013
chyzoo4u:
@the bolded, you're actually perishing cuz of lack of wisdom. In as much as I've nothing against the Pope's prayers, but ur words are so pathetic! So u've not read the portion of the bible that says that no one is righteous And also bcuz he sits on a 'holy chair' makes him holy as well? Just like u're holy for stepping in the church (which suppose to be holy)... I laugh at you mahn! Did I hear u say he has direct link with which people? These guys are damn LOST! Did you read ur bible at all or they only brainwash you in church? You guys needs ur eyes to be opened. Hmmm... "Vicar of Christ on earth"... Therez nothing one won't hear. I can bet with my life if I was born a roman catholic, before the age of 18 nothing will still keep me in that....whatever its called. *damn!
You guys are LOST!!!
you are indeed the one who is lost, firstly you lost the faith in which you are born into, secondly you have been brainwashed by whoever at wherever u claim to be, i have not exonorated His person as one who cant err, but the seat which he occupies cant err, maybe u need a little bit of counselling and advice to understand dis, indeed the secrets of the kingdom of God are given in parables, because its not meant for everyone but dose whom Christ has chosen himself. Secondly u claim he dosent have a direct link to the Apostles u who know the bible more than anyone else pls quote whatever part of the scriptures that proves me wrong, is it ur less than maybe 500yrs old church that has a direct link, man wake up from ur slumber and be wise, so dat u wont be d one to eventually perish, i pray u dont anyway

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up / God knows I love Frank / Honest Question To The Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.