Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up (7985 Views)

How Jesus Died For Our Sins : The Road To Easter / Ooni Of Ife’s Spirit Knocked My Door In Nigeria On The Day He Died – Prophet / Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by kay29000(m): 9:29am On Sep 04, 2012
Christians are fond of saying Jesus died for our sins, but i am betting most of them don't even think of what they are saying, they just say it out of programming.
I really need a christian reading this to explain it to me "in his/her own words", and not something he or she was told. Because it really cracks me up. Even when i was a Christian, i never said that, because it always seemed fake to me. I don't know, maybe cos i skipped a lot of sunday school when i was younger, and the programming and brainwashing technique wasn't as effective on me.

They say jesus died for our sins so as to reduce the punishment from God, or get love from God. I am wondering, was it worse than it is now back then? Because the world is still in turmoil. So what would happen next? Another person would be sacrificed? Think about it- where did the concept of human/animal sacrifice originate from? Jesus story was fabricated...there was no one like Jesus...period!

3 Likes

Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Jenwitemi(m): 9:44am On Sep 04, 2012
The mechanics of how having to die for the sins of others make things better work is still to be explained by christians. Perhaps that is because it makes no sense to them either and they can't explain it. I am still waiting for some clearance, though.
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by kay29000(m): 9:53am On Sep 04, 2012
They say that so much. This girl walked up to me on the road and was preaching, and that's one of the things she said...that Christ died for "my" sins. I want to understand that. What changed? People still sin...the world is in a worse state...pastors/priest's are caught in paedophilia and other sex related issues on a daily. So what are we talking about?

2 Likes

Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 04, 2012
he did not die for our sins. he only died for the sins of 144,000 chosen leaders of the next world. the elect. the first fruits. the rest of you ill pay for your sins galatians 6 vs 7
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 04, 2012
obadiah777: he did not die for our sins. he only died for the sins of 144,000 chosen leaders of the next world. the elect. the first fruits. the rest of you ill pay for your sins galatians 6 vs 7

Pay for our sins How? Elucidate more bros, I believe he died for our sins...

2 Likes

Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 04, 2012
seriallink:

Pay for our sins How? Elucidate more bros, I believe he died for our sins...
Sup Bros. Well the fact that he died for our sins is made up church doctrine. No ones sins are forgiven. You get judgements for your sins everyday and if you still owe some judgements that you did not pay for in this lifetime-you will pay for it in the next lifetime. when you see bad things happen to people ? thats the lords judgement for whatever they did.
luke 12 vs 7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

luke 21 vs 28 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.

the point of those 2 above verses is that God not only controls this world but he also micro-manages this world. if a bird drops from the sky, if a leaf falls from a tree. The lord micro-manages the world. Every evil thing from car accidents to whatever you can think off happening to people in this world ? they are not mere occurences. they are JUDGEMENTS. the lord hands out judgments everyday. Your sins are not forgiven. you WILL PAY FOR YOUR SINS IN THIS LIFETIME OR THE NEXT. galatians 6 vs 7.

Now if you read the new testament, everytime Paul makes the statement that Christ died for our sins, he was only speaking to the Israelites, and not all the israelites, only the elect. These elect men 144,000 will be the leaders of the new age on earth. the righteous era. as such when christ died their spirits got ressurected. MATTHEW 27 VS 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose

THOSE ARE THE ELECT WHOM CHRIST DIED FOR. NOT THE WHOLE WORLD.
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by MrAnony1(m): 10:55am On Sep 04, 2012
kay29000: Christians are fond of saying Jesus died for our sins, but i am betting most of them don't even think of what they are saying, they just say it out of programming.
I really need a christian reading this to explain it to me "in his/her own words", and not something he or she was told. Because it really cracks me up. Even when i was a Christian, i never said that, because it always seemed fake to me. I don't know, maybe cos i skipped a lot of sunday school when i was younger, and the programming and brainwashing technique wasn't as effective on me.

They say jesus died for our sins so as to reduce the punishment from God, or get love from God. I am wondering, was it worse than it is now back then? Because the world is still in turmoil. So what would happen next? Another person would be sacrificed? Think about it- where did the concept of human/animal sacrifice originate from? Jesus story was fabricated...there was no one like Jesus...period!
If a reasonable answer was provided for you, will you accept it? Even though it may not agree with your preconceived notions?

1 Like

Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by frank317: 10:58am On Sep 04, 2012
Na waoo, religion... I am beginin to get sick of it all.

Infact, God, I didn't ask u to create me, we had no agreement b4 I was created. Did I wrong u in another world. All I know is that I jst saw mysel here in this very harsh world, now I am told that I must live a particularly way if not I will b thrown into burning hell, it makes no sense. Pls take me whereever I was in peace b4 I was created, u can have ur heaven, bt pls don't send me to hell. Abegooo, make una c meoooo, I didn't ask to b createdoooo ha. I have tried to repent bt its nt jst workin, nothin makes sense, and I am told I will b punisjd for not uinderstanding.

11 Likes

Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 04, 2012
obadiah777: Sup Bros. Well the fact that he died for our sins is made up church doctrine. No ones sins are forgiven. You get judgements for your sins everyday and if you still owe some judgements that you did not pay for in this lifetime-you will pay for it in the next lifetime. when you see bad things happen to people ? thats the lords judgement for whatever they did.

the point of those 2 above verses is that God not only controls this world but he also micro-manages this world. if a bird drops from the sky, if a leaf falls from a tree. The lord micro-manages the world. Every evil thing from car accidents to whatever you can think off happening to people in this world ? they are not mere occurences. they are JUDGEMENTS. the lord hands out judgments everyday. Your sins are not forgiven. you WILL PAY FOR YOUR SINS IN THIS LIFETIME OR THE NEXT. galatians 6 vs 7.

Now if you read the new testament, everytime Paul makes the statement that Christ died for our sins, he was only speaking to the Israelites, and not all the israelites, only the elect. These elect men 144,000 will be the leaders of the new age on earth. the righteous era. as such when christ died their spirits got ressurected. MATTHEW 27 VS 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose

Bros I'm fine thx

If Christ died for the elect only, what's the point worshiping God through him? This is strange & confusing to me man, well, I was taught from childhood that Christ died for the sins of entire world! This is the first time I'm hearing this from a Christian, or are you not?

3 Likes

Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 04, 2012
frank3.16:
Na waoo, religion... I am beginin to get sick of it all.

Infact, God, I didn't ask u to create me, we had no agreement b4 I was created. Did I wrong u in another world. All I know is that I jst saw mysel here in this very harsh world, now I am told that I must live a particularly way if not I will b thrown into burning hell, it makes no sense. Pls take me whereever I was in peace b4 I was created, u can have ur heaven, bt pls don't send me to hell. Abegooo, make una c meoooo, I didn't ask to b createdoooo ha. I have tried to repent bt its nt jst workin, nothin makes sense, and I am told I will b punisjd for not uinderstanding.

The matter tire me oh bro...gringringrin
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 04, 2012
seriallink:

Bros I'm fine thx

If Christ died for the elect only, what's the point worshiping God through him? This is strange & confusing to me man, well, I was taught from childhood that Christ died for the sins of entire world! This is the first time I'm hearing this from a Christian, or are you not?
Well i am not a muslim, pagan or otherwise so i guess i am a christian LOL. thats another mistake. you are supposed to worship God not Jesus. Jesus simply came for the 144,000 elect and to reunite the whole world unto God as before the world was divided into 2 categories. Jews and Gentiles. Jews came out first and had the laws, gentiles came about after the flood and had no laws. as such they were divided. God took advantage of this by using the gentiles as his weapon against the Jews ( PSALMS 17 VS 13 ) cuz when there is no law there is no transgression ( romans 4 vs 15 ). however after the Jews had recieved enough butt whoopings, he sent christ to reunite both Jews and gentiles under the law ( ephesians 2 vs 14 ) AND HENCE THE FREE BUTT WHOOPINGS ENDED. now the gentiles are held accountable for their actions.
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 04, 2012
EPHESIANS 2 VS 14 For Christ himself has brought peace to us. He united Jews and Gentiles into one people when, in his own body on the cross, he broke down the wall of hostility that separated us.
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by F00028: 12:15pm On Sep 04, 2012
my contention has always been: why didn't the All Loving God simply just forgive the sins?

1 Like

Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Delafruita(m): 12:54pm On Sep 04, 2012
obadiah777: Sup Bros. Well the fact that he died for our sins is made up church doctrine. No ones sins are forgiven. You get judgements for your sins everyday and if you still owe some judgements that you did not pay for in this lifetime-you will pay for it in the next lifetime. when you see bad things happen to people ? thats the lords judgement for whatever they did.

despite my limited knowledge of the bible i still know what john 3:16 says
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by mkmyers45(m): 12:56pm On Sep 04, 2012
F00028: my contention has always been: why didn't the All Loving God simply just forgive the sins?

Good question...
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Delafruita(m): 12:57pm On Sep 04, 2012
obadiah777: Well i am not a muslim, pagan or otherwise so i guess i am a christian LOL. thats another mistake. you are supposed to worship God not Jesus. Jesus simply came for the 144,000 elect and to reunite the whole world unto God as before the world was divided into 2 categories. Jews and Gentiles. Jews came out first and had the laws, gentiles came about after the flood and had no laws. as such they were divided. God took advantage of this by using the gentiles as his weapon against the Jews ( PSALMS 17 VS 13 ) cuz when there is no law there is no transgression ( romans 4 vs 15 ). however after the Jews had recieved enough butt whoopings, he sent christ to reunite both Jews and gentiles under the law ( ephesians 2 vs 14 ) AND HENCE THE FREE BUTT WHOOPINGS ENDED. now the gentiles are held accountable for their actions.
for those that thought buzugee was insane,obadiah777 is even insaner.now imagine both of them as one person,then mix in a little weed and what you get is what's written up there

6 Likes

Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by MrAnony1(m): 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2012
F00028: my contention has always been: why didn't the All Loving God simply just forgive the sins?
If I gave you an answer, would you consider it?
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by F00028: 1:59pm On Sep 04, 2012
Mr_Anony:
If I gave you an answer, would you consider it?
of course.
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by justaqad(m): 2:05pm On Sep 04, 2012
Delafruita:
for those that thought buzugee was insane,obadiah777 is even insaner.now imagine both of them as one person,then mix in a little weed and what you get is what's written up there

lmaol
you no go kill me jare.
Interestingly this piece is coming from the Almighty O*Bad*.he'll sonn be accused of misintepretation.
*I de wait*
hehehehehehehe
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 04, 2012
Delafruita:
despite my limited knowledge of the bible i still know what john 3:16 says
see this is what happens when folks dont understand the bible. all these folks here dont understand the bible. thumbing you up when you just made a fool of yourself. scripture do say fools perish for a lack of knowledge and it also says birds of the same feather flock together so you and your fellow fools have agreed with you LOL i digress. let me explain the thing to you.

JOHN 3 VS 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. if you believe in the son, Christ, you will not perish. and why is that ? because christ is the word. he is the bible. if you dont believe in the word you will perish

REVELATION 19 VS 13 And he was clothed with a robe dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God

so what john 3 vs 16 is telling you is that if you do not believe the word of God you will perish and if you do, you will not perish. see thats the thing with you folks on here. you fail to grasp the concept of how the lord instructs us to fit the puzzle of the bible together. LINE UPON LINE PRECEPT UPON PRECEPT HERE A LITTLE THERE A LITTLE. you dont pull up verses in a vacuum and try to make a point out of it. you have to join the puzzle together
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 04, 2012
Jesus died for the animals not humans. Our sins can't be paid as they are too expensive. madagasca 12:1-7

1 Like

Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by justaqad(m): 2:14pm On Sep 04, 2012
obadiah777: see this is what happens when folks dont understand the bible. all these folks here dont understand the bible. thumbing you up when you just made a fool of yourself. scripture do say fools perish for a lack of knowledge and it also says birds of the same feather flock together so you and your fellow fools have agreed with you LOL i digress. let me explain the thing to you.

JOHN 3 VS 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. if you believe in the son, Christ, you will not perish. and why is that ? because christ is the word. he is the bible. if you dont believe in the word you will perish

REVELATION 19 VS 13 And he was clothed with a robe dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God

so what john 3 vs 16 is telling you is that if you do not believe the word of God you will perish and if you do, you will not perish. see thats the thing with you folks on here. you fail to grasp the concept of how the lord instructs us to fit the puzzle of the bible together. LINE UPON LINE PRECEPT UPON PRECEPT HERE A LITTLE THERE A LITTLE. you dont pull up verses in a vacuum and try to make a point out of it. you have to join the puzzle together

what about Original sin.thought christians believed his death paid for it.
Hehehehehehehehehehehehe.
144k.hehehehehehehe
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 04, 2012
GOD=HELL FIRE
HITLER=CONCENTRATION CAMPS

1 Like

Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 04, 2012
justaqad:

what about Original sin.thought christians believed his death paid for it.
Hehehehehehehehehehehehe.
144k.hehehehehehehe

your sins are not paid for. that is why you are born in sin. you have to work your way back to him with the word, the bible that is. if everyones sins is paid for then heaven will be done on earth and nations will convert their weapons into ploughshares and there will be peace on earth and no violence.
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2012
Obadiah dont come again with your twisted version of the bible. You mustnt comment in every thread.
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 04, 2012
Reyginus: Obadiah dont come again with your twisted version of the bible. You mustnt comment in every thread.
grin grin scoffers and gainsayers.
THIS IS FRONTPAGE MATERIAL. MODS YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO grin
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 04, 2012
obadiah777: he did not die for our sins. he only died for the sins of 144,000 chosen leaders of the next world.
Note: I dont want to digress. But how do you explain this?
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 04, 2012
@ Buzugee.

Whoever started you on this path of black hebrew madness did you a great disservice. You manage to take something that's already ridiculous (biblical stories); and with your writings, you make it sound more delusional than usual.
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 04, 2012
Martian: @ Buzugee.

Whoever started you on this path of black hebrew madness did you a great disservice. You manage to take something that's already ridiculous (biblical stories) and with your writings, you make it sound more delusional than usual.
Lololol. By buzugee I guess you mean our reformed brother obadiah?
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2012
Reyginus: Note: I dont want to digress. But how do you explain this?
i advise you to study Revelations chapter 7 very well
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 04, 2012
Martian: @ Buzugee.

Whoever started you on this path of black hebrew madness did you a great disservice. You manage to take something that's already ridiculous (biblical stories); and with your writings, you make it sound more delusional than usual.
scripture do say in the last days there will be scoffers. thanks for fulfilling prophesy. now i know we are in the last days grin
Re: He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up by Delafruita(m): 2:40pm On Sep 04, 2012
Reyginus: Lololol. By buzugee I guess you mean our reformed brother obadiah?
if obadiah is a reformed buzugee,then i should be the nigerian version of yeshwa bar josephus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

God knows I love Frank / Happy 58th Birthday To Pastor Tunde Bakare / When Did The Old Covenant End? - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.