Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Beyoncé And Jay-z Take Out Marriage License - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beyoncé And Jay-z Take Out Marriage License (1744 Views)

Though I’m Single And Over 50 I’ve Not Ruled Out Marriage - Ngozi Nwosu / Michelle Obama And Daughters Attend Beyoncé And Jay Z Concert-see Pic. / Beyoncé And Jay Z 'Will Split After Their Joint Tour Ends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyoncé And Jay-z Take Out Marriage License by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 02, 2008
It's about time!

According to People, Beyoncé and Jay-Z filed a marriage license in Scarsdale Village, N.Y. on Tuesday morning!

The source says the document is valid for 60 days. They have until then to make it legit!

How exciting!

The couple have been dating for about SIX years now.

Re: Beyoncé And Jay-z Take Out Marriage License by Busta(f): 2:13pm On Apr 02, 2008
high time.
Re: Beyoncé And Jay-z Take Out Marriage License by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 03, 2008
Beyonce and Jay-Z are set to marry in New York City on Friday, April 4th.

Yes, that's THIS Friday!

Oops, we hope they don't change the plans now that they've been outed!

yes yes high time.

I dey go d weddin o cheesy
Re: Beyoncé And Jay-z Take Out Marriage License by idycroft(f): 2:26pm On Apr 05, 2008
it now lega they are legally married according to people magazine

People Exclusive
Source: Beyoncé and Jay-Z Are Married

By Jennifer Garcia and Mike Fleeman

Originally posted Friday April 04, 2008 11:55 PM EDT

Beyoncé and Jay-Z
Photo by: Frank Micelotta / Getty
After years of speculation, singer Beyoncé Knowles wed her longtime boyfriend, rapper Jay-Z, on Friday, a friend of the couple tells PEOPLE.

Though there is no official confirmation, the friend says, "It happened earlier this evening. Jay wanted it to be a really private affair – close friends and family."

The ceremony was followed by a lavish party at the rapper's Tribeca apartment that drew Beyoncé's mother Tina Knowles, her father/manager Mathew, her sister Solange, her Destiny's Child mates Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams, and the couple's friend Gwyneth Paltrow.

The wedding buzz began when the couple went to get a marriage license at a village hall in Scarsdale, N.Y., on Tuesday.

DJ Cassidy, a favorite of Jay-Z, was hired to spin. "Cassidy mentioned a week ago that he was really excited for the Jay Z and Beyoncé's wedding party to happen," says the friend.

Early Friday morning, workers erected a white tent atop the building in Tribeca, where Jay-Z owns a penthouse apartment. Not long after, an SUV carrying what seemed to be AV equipment arrived, followed by deliveries of party rentals and flowers.

A source tells PEOPLE that Amy's Orchids was hired to provide 50,000 to 60,000 white orchid blooms from Thailand for a "big party." At the apartment, waiters were seen practicing their service.

A couple since 2002, Jay-Z, 38, and Knowles, 26, always kept quiet about their relationship, even as they were photographed together on romantic holidays around the world.

Still, marriage seemed to be in the cards – eventually. "I never pictured myself as a bride," she told Cosmopolitan in January 2006, "but after my sister's wedding, I did start thinking about Flowers and candelabras arrive at Jay-Z's New York City home on Friday
Photo by: Isabella Dickerson / Splash News Online

what kind of wedding I'd want. I don't think I want a big one."

congratulation to them!!!
Re: Beyoncé And Jay-z Take Out Marriage License by almondjoy(f): 5:17pm On Apr 05, 2008
I would not marry if I were either one of them. Companionship is more important than marriage in this day and age. They are doing fine as it is why spoil it with some stupid paper certificate?
Re: Beyoncé And Jay-z Take Out Marriage License by chiogo(f): 6:11pm On Apr 05, 2008
I heard they got married too yesterday. Still don't believe it but if it's true, then Congratulations to them. It's high time. Although i think Jay-z is much older than her, she's not complainin', so why shld i?? Besides, they're two of my favorite artistes. kiss kiss
Re: Beyoncé And Jay-z Take Out Marriage License by Cristalz(f): 7:09pm On Apr 05, 2008
I wonder if they're gonna last though.Y'know all these celebrity hook-ups hardly ever do.Ok,i know its more rampant in the movie world,but i don't see that the music biz is any much different.And surely Beyonce will want kids and stuff.She said so once during an interview on E! Entertainment. Is she still gonna be doing her booty poppin' and hot-steppin' when she starts having kids? undecided
I just pray this doesn't turn into another Britney/Federline affair.
Re: Beyoncé And Jay-z Take Out Marriage License by debbynicky(f): 5:58pm On Apr 10, 2008
BEYONCE AND JAY-Z TO MARRY AT 4PM ON 4/4

Beyonce and Jay-Z will marry at the rap mogul's New York apartment at 4pm on Friday (4 Apr 08), according to sources close to the couple. Workers have been spotted setting up an event inside a block in the city's TriBeCa neighbourhood, where rapper Jay-Z owns a luxury home. A marquee has been erected on a terrace at the building, and elegant bouquets of white flowers and candelabras have been delivered. It's rumoured just 30 people will be present at the all-white ceremony, including close family members and Beyonce's Destiny's Child bandmates, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams - who are known to be in New York. The date and time is very special for the couple - four is a number close to both bride and groom. Jay Z was born on 4 December 1969 and Beyonce was born on 4 September 1981. The rapper, real name Shawn Carter, also owns a nightclub franchise called 40/40 and he and Knowles have matching `IV' tattoos on their ring fingers. The couple is also planning a second wedding celebration in France on 4 May (08), according to reports. Wish dem all best of luck. have y'all heard her new song Beautiful Nightmare. its a demo

Re: Beyoncé And Jay-z Take Out Marriage License by onyekang1(f): 4:48pm On Apr 11, 2008
A big congratulationssssssssss 2 them
Re: Beyoncé And Jay-z Take Out Marriage License by A40(m): 12:24pm On Nov 07, 2008
I trust my boy Hov was smart enough to sign a pre-nup but seriously they where dating forever and i think they would last if they where able to date so long

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo: The World's Most Popular Athlete / Big Brother Housemate, Geraldine Iheme Book Launch -disfigured Emotions / Lady Gaga's Fragrance To Contain Her Blood; Gaga Explains 'blood And Semen' Cont

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.