Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Why Do Women Wear Both Engagement And Wedding Ring At The Same Time - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Wear Both Engagement And Wedding Ring At The Same Time (3204 Views)

Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Women Wear Both Engagement And Wedding Ring At The Same Time by elewedu(m): 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2013
I just got married lately. I remember i engaged my wife sometimes back, but after the wedding proper she has been wearing both the wedding and engagement ring. I see most women arround do the same thing. I just puzzles me why, when for sure who ever is married must have been engaged. So why wear the two rings.
Re: Why Do Women Wear Both Engagement And Wedding Ring At The Same Time by tpia5: 2:56pm On Apr 02, 2013
who did you see doing that.
Re: Why Do Women Wear Both Engagement And Wedding Ring At The Same Time by elewedu(m): 5:10pm On Apr 02, 2013
tpia@:
who did you see doing that.
are u sayin u haven't noticed that
Re: Why Do Women Wear Both Engagement And Wedding Ring At The Same Time by sunnyt1(m): 5:18pm On Apr 02, 2013
Its true, dey do it and iv wanted to know why, im sure there wont be any logic behind it, jst going with trend, bt pls may we have an explanation, bcs i wana know
Re: Why Do Women Wear Both Engagement And Wedding Ring At The Same Time by elewedu(m): 9:36am On Apr 04, 2013
Since there is no valid explanation for this, then I assume it is just bandwagon effect.
Re: Why Do Women Wear Both Engagement And Wedding Ring At The Same Time by slimyem: 9:44am On Apr 04, 2013
Good question!
I have always wondered too.undecided
Re: Why Do Women Wear Both Engagement And Wedding Ring At The Same Time by baldman: 12:27pm On Apr 04, 2013
Same here. I don't see the basis for putting two rings on a finger, especially in Yoruba weddings where, she gets the first ring during the tradition wedding which takes place just a day or two before the white or statutory wedding and gets the other one at the church or court.
Re: Why Do Women Wear Both Engagement And Wedding Ring At The Same Time by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 04, 2013
Probably to show, she did her engagement party before the wedding itself.. So pple head straight to wedding ceremony... No engagement... And secondly, it looks better on the ring finger, when placed together...I presume? undecided
Re: Why Do Women Wear Both Engagement And Wedding Ring At The Same Time by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 04, 2013
Na aija mentality! Bandwagon effect
Re: Why Do Women Wear Both Engagement And Wedding Ring At The Same Time by Dereformer(m): 4:34pm On Apr 05, 2013
That's because she is engaged in her marriage. simple

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Wear Both Engagement And Wedding Ring At The Same Time by dayokanu(m): 5:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
She simply wants to show off her blink blink
Re: Why Do Women Wear Both Engagement And Wedding Ring At The Same Time by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 05, 2013
I have enough rings on my fingers and you can't really tell which is engagement nor marriage ring.

I think its just personal choice
Re: Why Do Women Wear Both Engagement And Wedding Ring At The Same Time by floranbee1(f): 7:01pm On Apr 05, 2013
I personally think it's a thing of choice.i believe wearin the engagement rings signifies both parents consent to the union which is usually given to the bride on the traditional marriage day just as the weddimg ring signifies the consent and approval of the church. As a married woman,it is left for you to decide whether to wear the two or one.

(1) (Reply)

How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot / Happy Birthday To Me And My Twin / Men, Their Daughters And Divorced Promicous Wives.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.