Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Excerpts Of A Discussion I Had With A Nairalander About God, 666, Hell Etc - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Excerpts Of A Discussion I Had With A Nairalander About God, 666, Hell Etc (1108 Views)

A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I / The Interesting things About God / Is Obama Preparing The Way For 666? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excerpts Of A Discussion I Had With A Nairalander About God, 666, Hell Etc by greatgenius: 5:05pm On Apr 02, 2013
These are excerpts of a dialogue i had with a nairalander(name withheld). decided to post it here for others to read and contribute as well..

Well personally I believe there is God, but I think the religious folks are worshipping him based on what they think he is and not what he really is. Your explanation on who or what God is makes more sense to me. I often wonder why one should go to church everyday praying for the same issue over and over again. Some spend their life time praying on the same issue. Is God deaf?

yes you are right, religion and humans worship God based on what they think he is and not WHO/WHAT HE REALLY IS. they incorrectly assume how they act should be how God acts. how they love should be how God should love. if their love is based on a condition then God love should be based on a condition as well. they judge and condemn themselves and others so they cannot imagine a God that will not do same. they cannot believe in a God that is all inclusive, one that loves all unconditionally-no matter what. from where did people/humans/religion got this idea from?(a concept of God who condemns and punishes). well from the only people whose word they would take on everything- mothers and fathers-( gods of their world)

Our parents are the people who love us the most and we love the most. Yet have they not told us that we are too much of this, and not enough of that? Have they not reminded us that you are to be seen and not heard? Have they not scolded us in some of the moments of our greatest exuberance? And, do they not encourage us to set aside some of our wildest imagining and dreams? These are the messages we have all received, and though they do not meet the criteria, and are thus not messages from God, they might as well have been, for they have come from the gods/parents of our world surely enough.

you see it is parents who "teaches" us that love is conditional—we have felt their conditions many times—and that is the experience people take into thier various love relationships. It is also the same experience they/you bring to God..From this experience people/religion draw their conclusions about GOD. and thus believe and say stuff like “ well God is a loving God, but if you break His commandments, He will punish you with eternal banishment and everlasting damnation.” For have people/humans not experienced the banishment of their own parents? Do you not know and remember the pain of their damnation? Do we not remember the pain of their beatings for disobedience?. How, then, could people imagine it to be any different with GOD? Do you see where the concept of a conditional loving God comes from?

people have forgotten what it was like to be loved without condition. humans don not re-member the experience of the love of God-especially after the "fall" from our edenic state. And so people or creators of religion try to imagine what God’s love must be like, based on what they see of love in the world.. Religion have projected the role of “parent” onto God, and have thus come up with a God Who judges and rewards or punishes, based on how good he feels about what you’ve been up to. But this is a simplistic view of God and It has nothing to do with who she/he/it IS..

God is simply the CREATOR..

Further I am not comfortable with the diversity of the church, it makes me feel that God is a God of confusion if I must followed the religious folks.
But still I wonder, where did the concept of hell come from?

again the concept is based on what people see in their world. people have constructed laws to govern themselves and believe those who break the laws of the land should be punished and as such also believe anyone who disobey God must/will as well be punished. i tell you what most people will find it hard to believe that Hitler went to heaven.

Why are people so sure, I mean very sure it exist?
well because "hell" "exist" in their world and have experienced it so they imagine it must exist in the spiritual realm.. let me put it this way. you create your reality and all things are possible so anyone who believes hell exist will surely experience their construct of hell as they imagined it. but not becuase God sent them there for disobedience. there is no such place.

Why are some of the biblical predictions concerning the end time coming to pass

i am glad you said some and not all. that should tell you something. but again simply put you create your reality, and what you believe in is what you experience. believes create realities. all experiences are based on believes. there are an infinite possible futures and outcomes. what you choose and believe is what you will experience. if you believe and think the world is coming to an end then it will surely end for you. if humans believe believe there will be Armageddon then they will surely experience it.

What is 666 and why is it related to obama’s health chip soon to be lunched. I must be honest most of the bible’s predictions concerning the end time are unfolding before my very eyes

there has been a lot of ignorance and misunderstanding about 666. 666 is your 6th chakra turned upside down or using it "negative" energies.. it refers to your third eye/pineal gland/6th sense/psychic sense.. 666 is when your conscious mind(left brain/hemisphere), 3rd eye/pineal gland and unconscious mind(right brain/hemisphere) is "split" and not working in unison. when you are stuck in polarization/relativity and deep in the illusion of separation and thus see yourself as separate from everyone else and God you do destructive things. you do not love another, as yourself or even love yourself. you destroy instead of loving. you become an anti-christ or anti-love. we are all destructive on ddifferent levels. the more power you have the greater your potential for love or destruction. why people in "power" are pointed at as being the anti-christ(anti-love).

the truth is all people are anti-christ on some level until you heal or step away from the illusion of separation..when the mind is balanced and you step away from the illusion of separation 666 becomes 9(6+6+6=18;1+8=9), the number of completion/perfection. when you seek a balanced mind where your conscious, unconscious mind and third eye is in unison. there is nothing you cannot do. when your soul, mind and body work in unison everything becomes effortless, devoid of struggle and suffering.. "seek ye first the kingdom of God and all other things shall be added unto you.. the kingdom of God is a state of mind where everything is at peace and there is nothing but love. it is from the vortex of love that you get everything that you seek and want.
Re: Excerpts Of A Discussion I Had With A Nairalander About God, 666, Hell Etc by starluckwhiz(m): 6:14pm On Apr 02, 2013
Thankz God blez dis is a way a good christian have to behave nt like d penticostal dt claimz dey no d bible more than the non pentecostal
Re: Excerpts Of A Discussion I Had With A Nairalander About God, 666, Hell Etc by greatgenius: 6:19pm On Apr 02, 2013
starluckwhiz: Thankz God blez dis is a way a good christian have to behave nt like d penticostal dt claimz dey no d bible more than the non pentecostal
i am not sure i follow your point but i am neither a christian or religious
Re: Excerpts Of A Discussion I Had With A Nairalander About God, 666, Hell Etc by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 23, 2013
What exactly are you talking about or trying to say undecided

2 Likes

Re: Excerpts Of A Discussion I Had With A Nairalander About God, 666, Hell Etc by frank317: 11:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
this makes more sense compared to a lot that is being preached today... can u throw more light on the 666 issue?
Re: Excerpts Of A Discussion I Had With A Nairalander About God, 666, Hell Etc by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 24, 2013
YOU DO ERR. 666 IS THE NUMBER OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE NOT NO GADDEM PINEAL GLAND CHAKRA grin
Re: Excerpts Of A Discussion I Had With A Nairalander About God, 666, Hell Etc by ninja4life(m): 9:38am On Apr 24, 2013
Well let me guess f-r-o-s-b-e-l wow dats all
Re: Excerpts Of A Discussion I Had With A Nairalander About God, 666, Hell Etc by greatgenius: 3:08pm On Apr 24, 2013
obadiah777: YOU DO ERR. 666 IS THE NUMBER OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE NOT NO GADDEM PINEAL GLAND CHAKRA grin
I do err? The Roman empire? Or you meant the Roman catholic church? Because the Roman empire is no more...

Btw did you read where I said the more power you have the greater the potential for more love or destruction.. and as such if you're in a position of immerse power and using it for destruction instead of loving, dividing instead of uniting, etc the masses are going to view and label you as an anti-Christ( anti-love)- and rightly so..

Again 666 is your 3rd eye turned upside down...your 3rd eye is on your forward a little above and between your eyebrows..every human has it..
Re: Excerpts Of A Discussion I Had With A Nairalander About God, 666, Hell Etc by greatgenius: 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2013
Miss_3v3: What exactly are you talking about or trying to say undecided
if you read and failed to understand then maybe its a little above your head..I can't help you there sista..
Re: Excerpts Of A Discussion I Had With A Nairalander About God, 666, Hell Etc by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 24, 2013
greatgenius: if you read and failed to understand then maybe its a little above your head..I can't help you there sista..

Do you have to be rude tongue
Re: Excerpts Of A Discussion I Had With A Nairalander About God, 666, Hell Etc by greatgenius: 3:51pm On Apr 24, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:

Do you have to be rude tongue
wasn't my intention..hope she is not offended..but she will be fine..
Re: Excerpts Of A Discussion I Had With A Nairalander About God, 666, Hell Etc by mollie12: 10:49pm On Apr 26, 2013
Some serious mumbo-jumbo. This is obviously not a biblical perspective.

Of course the person revealed their actual religion when they started talking 'chakra'.

We bind the spirit of confusion IJN.

2 Likes

Re: Excerpts Of A Discussion I Had With A Nairalander About God, 666, Hell Etc by greatgenius: 2:59am On Apr 27, 2013
mollie12: Some serious mumbo-jumbo. This is obviously not a biblical perspective.
like I said in another thread somewhere,the bible is the least purveyor of truth on many things concerning God..The bible is highly distorted and no sensible human should take most of the things in there serious.

Of course the person revealed their actual religion when they started talking 'chakra'.
so if i had mentioned Jesus name would that have given me out as a "christian"?

We bind the spirit of confusion IJN.
why not bind the spirit of confusion in your name.. why in jesus name? what you think the name of jesus is more powerful than your name?

1 Like

Re: Excerpts Of A Discussion I Had With A Nairalander About God, 666, Hell Etc by frank317: 7:15am On Apr 27, 2013
greatgenius: like a said in another thread somewhere,the bible is the least purveyor of truth on many things concerning God..The bible is highly distorted and no sensible human should take most of the things in there serious.

why not bind the spirit of confusion in your name.. why in jesus name? what you think the name of jesus is more powerful than your name?
wow... u make sense to me sha
Re: Excerpts Of A Discussion I Had With A Nairalander About God, 666, Hell Etc by greatgenius: 11:13am On Apr 27, 2013
@frank how you been brother man
Re: Excerpts Of A Discussion I Had With A Nairalander About God, 666, Hell Etc by mollie12: 9:06pm On Apr 27, 2013
greatgenius: like I said in another thread somewhere,the bible is the least purveyor of truth on many things concerning God..The bible is highly distorted and no sensible human should take most of the things in there serious.

If it wasn't a christian message, why did you put in keywords unique to christianity (666, hell) that would attract christians to read?

You are simply being mischievous and I'm sure you know exactly what you are doing.

1 Like

Re: Excerpts Of A Discussion I Had With A Nairalander About God, 666, Hell Etc by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 22, 2013
Interesting thread, joining in....

(1) (Reply)

Evangelism 6 - Saved To Serve / Shocking! There Is No Hell- Pope Francis / Redeemed Camp Belongs To Papa Adeboye, Not RCCG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.