Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend (97193 Views)

Ladies, 8 Characteristics Of A Stingy Guy On First Date / 8 Characteristics Of Chronic Womanizers On Social Media / Error. 898 Sorry... Exit() (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by JoanJohnson(f): 6:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
Having a good woman by your side as your girlfriend is always nice.

In fact, it is a dream of every normal man in this world. The right woman is a woman who can make you grow into a better man.

Many men experience failure in relationships because they are too quick to choose, too easily attracted and fall in love with a woman without thinking whether she is worthy or not (of course mistakes committed by ourselves can cause failures too). Below are 10 characteristics of a good woman to be your girlfriend:

1. Supportive

She is a figure who always support you in your life as well as your career and always by your side when the whole world walks out. As we know, our society tend to require a man to be a strong man and not a fragile person, but sadness and stress that come repeatedly will destroy you if you don’t vent your feelings. Thus, a good woman can be the best listener by providing support and comfort for you. She also gives you freedom to develop yourself as you want.

2. Independent

This characteristic is important because it means she can manage and take care of herself. It will be very annoying when you have to be her ‘babysitter’ all the time, right? She can go home by herself when you can’t pick her up, she can go shopping by herself when you can’t accompany her, and she can rely on herself when you can’t help her. Independent woman is a woman who can stand by her own feet and walk alone when you can’t be there (of course she still respects you as the leader).

3. Beautiful inside and out

From the outside, she is not a woman like Taylor Swift, Kate Middleton, Megan Fox, or Jessica Alba, but she looks beautiful and attractive in her own way, her simplicity and friendliness. From the inside, you notice that she is a person who has an extraordinary and inspiring personality.

4. Confident

She loves her imperfection, perfectly. She doesn’t hurt herself or dying to be famous and beautiful like a movie actress. She doesn’t try to be someone else, she is confident of herself and (of course) proud to have you by her side.

5. Respects you

You are the leader and she, as your partner, has respect for you and the decisions you make. She doesn’t make you afraid of her and look like a loser. But of course, you have to respect her too by not humiliating and treating her like a slave.

6. Know when to speak and keep quiet

She knows which stories that can be told to her friends and which ones don’t. She doesn’t like to gossip about your bad things and your relationship. She knows when to speak and listen to your words. She also can speak tenderly (without yelling) when she expresses her opinion to you.

7. Loyal

Someone who’s in normal or happy circumstances tend to be a kind person. Don’t immediately assume she has a good character when she is in such conditions, just wait until you have some problems. Then you will know her true character and who she really is. Women who are not loyal will turn around and leave you when you face problems, either minor or major ones. While women who are loyal will remain by your side to face the problems together. That’s why you need time to evaluate your partner before moving to the next stage of your relationship.

8. Doesn’t fall in love with your wealth and social status

In this modern era, money is something that has tremendous appeal. Money can buy positions, power, authorities, even ‘love’. Of course they love the money not the person. Although money remains an important thing to think about (you can’t eat and shop without money, right?), but a good woman won’t put her love on your wealth because she already has something more valuable than money… You. Think about this… Love of money is only temporary because wherever the money goes, that’s where her heart is… But love that comes and grows from her heart to you will last for a lifetime. Why? Because wherever you go, that’s where her heart is. Do you notice the difference?

9. Simple and down to earth

There was a joke that said, “The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.” It’s funny but also true. Women are good market of beauty products by various companies. In fact, MOST of their body parts are good market.. Their hair, face, ears, eyes, hands, fingers, toenails, and so on. Don’t be trapped by a high maintenance woman if you can’t afford her needs. It’s better to choose a simple woman who still looks good with what she got, without requiring too much maintenance. In addition, she is modest and humble in everyday life, she doesn’t demand a lot of facilities to indulge herself.

10. Gets into your life

And the last thing is she knows and gets along well with your friends. She also knows your family well, helps your mom to prepare meals, travels with your family, and most importantly she enjoys it all sincerely. When she knows your life well and has a good relationship with your family, then you have a good chance to move into the next relationship stage.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by DonHummer(m): 9:07am On Apr 03, 2013
nairalanders una too like list..choi..
If i begin obey al dis una list...ee mean sa man pikin go still de single @ 40..., as 4 me wen i don hamma , den i will make my own personal list...

6 Likes

Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by dljbd1(m): 9:08am On Apr 03, 2013
I've searched for no6 in my babe...I don tire. And its causing big issue. I'm having second thoughts sef
Sha...3rd to comment grin

3 Likes

Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by jadakiss213(m): 9:10am On Apr 03, 2013
whats happening this morning? why Are all ds kinda threads making front page?seems someone is in love

2 Likes

Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by orlaryhincah2: 9:12am On Apr 03, 2013

1 Like

Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by toluleke(m): 9:12am On Apr 03, 2013
Land for sale
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 03, 2013
HABA.... DO YOU WANT TO TURN ME TO LEGEND OF THE SEEKER WHILE SEARCHING FOR THE PERFECT WOMAN? ABEGII! STOP THEM THE FIRST TIME AND THEY WILL BE LIKE

THEN COME BACK IN ANY OF THESE; THE REST OF THE STORY WILL FALL IN PLACE grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 03, 2013
My Tweety is a gud gf, as much as she is my best friend.
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by zebudaya(m): 9:15am On Apr 03, 2013
ok.
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by AnodaIT(m): 9:16am On Apr 03, 2013
.... and if she has all these without being good in bedmatics, will that not be a cause for marriage counselling?
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 03, 2013
OP, ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE NIGERIAN GIRLS I KNOW OR THE ONE OF THE NEXT WORLD? IF WE ABIDE BY THESE RULES,
NA "BACHELOR THINGS FOR LIFE" BE OUR NEW SURNAME OOOcheesy cheesy cheesy. INFACT, 90% OF THEM NEED TO BE DONE THIS EVERY MORNING BEFORE ANY OTHER THING EVEN WHEN THEY DID NOTHING... JUST DEPOSIT SOME LASHES BECAUSE THEY MUST SURELY COMMIT BEHIND YOUR BACK grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 03, 2013
Well, put God first and love him more than you would do your 'Good Girlfriend/Boyfriend' and everything shall be added unto you.

3 Likes

This post just confirmed that most ladies on Nairaland are either single,and in a bad relationship.
Am tired of all these rules,keep your rules to yourself.
If you can't get an Husband at your age,go to Lord chosen,or deeperlife.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Rooneyboy(m): 9:18am On Apr 03, 2013
@ poster, having listed all these, I'll like to ask a simple question and I expect a simple answer.

Do u possess all the qualities u posted or its just a copy and paste thing ?
Its the truth but its impossible to find all this Qualities in a lady. SIMPLE!
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nwogbe: 9:19am On Apr 03, 2013
Noted

1 Like

Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by fitzmayowa: 9:20am On Apr 03, 2013
I think today is national "LIST Day"...Almost Every FP thread is about list...I will not be surprised if i see a thread on "List Of How to Die" on FP

2 Likes

Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Dygeasy(m): 9:21am On Apr 03, 2013
Even EVE didn't possess all these qualities.

In whom dyu wanna get all those? Definitely not a Nigerian girl!
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by 5alive(m): 9:22am On Apr 03, 2013
no 11: she must knw how turn joystick into chewin stick in a romantic way
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by 32D: 9:23am On Apr 03, 2013
and most importantly: ABILITY TO SATISFY THE BOYFRIEND'S SPONTANEOUS SEXXXUAL URGE WITHOUT COMPLAINING

1 Like

Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by miketonic(m): 9:23am On Apr 03, 2013
Is always females coming up with this stupid list

10 characteristic of a good girlfriend

15 ways to know ur hubby is cheating

20 ways to know ur a good wife

10 ways to be a good husband

5 ways to improve ur love making

15 ways to know if he love you

10 ways to know if she is a virgin

18 ways into a heart female

20 ways to swallow garr with okoro soup

I don tire una...please stop this list, is getting annoying, especially female, no body want to hear am. Man just want big bossom, big butt and a female who can cook in the kitchen . That's all.

1 Like

Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Prince0500(m): 9:23am On Apr 03, 2013
Toh,we go luk 4 her
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Prissyangel: 9:25am On Apr 03, 2013
winkI really like ds article, every man shud luk 4 ds qualities in a womanI really like ds article, every man shud luk 4 ds qualities in a womanI really like ds article, every man shud luk 4 ds qualities in a woman

1 Like

Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by badmarket: 9:29am On Apr 03, 2013
I def laff ooooo

1 Like

Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Morgan1092(m): 9:33am On Apr 03, 2013
OP hope u knw dat if ur BF is lukn 4 all dis xteristics in u, u wil stil be single by now.

1 Like

Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by sammmiey1: 9:33am On Apr 03, 2013
Can we stil find women with these good qualities u listed in our society today?I'd say congratulations to a man dt finds one
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 03, 2013
Joan Johnson:

Having a good woman by your side as your girlfriend is always nice.

In fact, it is a dream of every normal man in this world. The right woman is a woman who can make you grow into a better man.

Many men experience failure in relationships because they are too quick to choose, too easily attracted and fall in love with a woman without thinking whether she is worthy or not (of course mistakes committed by ourselves can cause failures too). Below are 10 characteristics of a good woman to be your girlfriend:

1. Supportive

She is a figure who always support you in your life as well as your career and always by your side when the whole world walks out. As we know, our society tend to require a man to be a strong man and not a fragile person, but sadness and stress that come repeatedly will destroy you if you don’t vent your feelings. Thus, a good woman can be the best listener by providing support and comfort for you. She also gives you freedom to develop yourself as you want.

2. Independent

This characteristic is important because it means she can manage and take care of herself. It will be very annoying when you have to be her ‘babysitter’ all the time, right? She can go home by herself when you can’t pick her up, she can go shopping by herself when you can’t accompany her, and she can rely on herself when you can’t help her. Independent woman is a woman who can stand by her own feet and walk alone when you can’t be there (of course she still respects you as the leader).

3. Beautiful inside and out

From the outside, she is not a woman like Taylor Swift, Kate Middleton, Megan Fox, or Jessica Alba, but she looks beautiful and attractive in her own way, her simplicity and friendliness. From the inside, you notice that she is a person who has an extraordinary and inspiring personality.

4. Confident

She loves her imperfection, perfectly. She doesn’t hurt herself or dying to be famous and beautiful like a movie actress. She doesn’t try to be someone else, she is confident of herself and (of course) proud to have you by her side.

5. Respects you

You are the leader and she, as your partner, has respect for you and the decisions you make. She doesn’t make you afraid of her and look like a loser. But of course, you have to respect her too by not humiliating and treating her like a slave.

6. Know when to speak and keep quiet

She knows which stories that can be told to her friends and which ones don’t. She doesn’t like to gossip about your bad things and your relationship. She knows when to speak and listen to your words. She also can speak tenderly (without yelling) when she expresses her opinion to you.

7. Loyal

Someone who’s in normal or happy circumstances tend to be a kind person. Don’t immediately assume she has a good character when she is in such conditions, just wait until you have some problems. Then you will know her true character and who she really is. Women who are not loyal will turn around and leave you when you face problems, either minor or major ones. While women who are loyal will remain by your side to face the problems together. That’s why you need time to evaluate your partner before moving to the next stage of your relationship.

8. Doesn’t fall in love with your wealth and social status

In this modern era, money is something that has tremendous appeal. Money can buy positions, power, authorities, even ‘love’. Of course they love the money not the person. Although money remains an important thing to think about (you can’t eat and shop without money, right?), but a good woman won’t put her love on your wealth because she already has something more valuable than money… You. Think about this… Love of money is only temporary because wherever the money goes, that’s where her heart is… But love that comes and grows from her heart to you will last for a lifetime. Why? Because wherever you go, that’s where her heart is. Do you notice the difference?

9. Simple and down to earth

There was a joke that said, “The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.” It’s funny but also true. Women are good market of beauty products by various companies. In fact, MOST of their body parts are good market.. Their hair, face, ears, eyes, hands, fingers, toenails, and so on. Don’t be trapped by a high maintenance woman if you can’t afford her needs. It’s better to choose a simple woman who still looks good with what she got, without requiring too much maintenance. In addition, she is modest and humble in everyday life, she doesn’t demand a lot of facilities to indulge herself.

10. Gets into your life

And the last thing is she knows and gets along well with your friends. She also knows your family well, helps your mom to prepare meals, travels with your family, and most importantly she enjoys it all sincerely. When she knows your life well and has a good relationship with your family, then you have a good chance to move into the next relationship stage.

NOT IN NAIJA
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by BlackPeni5: 9:40am On Apr 03, 2013
To tell a man to look for a woman with all these qualities is as good as telling him to remain single.

1 Like

Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 03, 2013
well good points but is very rare to see this qualities in a relationship nowadays! undecided
no one is perfect! lipsrsealed
Re: 10 Characteristics Of A Good Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 03, 2013
I have them all cheesygrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Plus-Sized Lady With Huge Backside Causes A Stir At An Event (Photos) / Massively Curvy Lady With Huge Backside Twerking. See Reactions / Lady Slaps Man For Trying To Finger Her In A Commercial Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.