Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,480 members, 7,840,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Failed Acceleration On EOD - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Failed Acceleration On EOD (5497 Views)

Any Disadvantages For Rev A Car Up To 6000rpm Acceleration.... / . / 2001 Nissan Maxima Acceleration Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Failed Acceleration On EOD by Piyke: 6:54pm On Apr 13, 2013
cretin: REALLY!..WHAT DO U WANT TO do with wd -40?.
if u r in ph go to ikoku..its there..or parkshop ph/lenu shopping mall abacha rd...
but pls o...dont use wd 40 inplace of maf cleaner.

Siena: WD-40 is oily, and will certainly poison the hot film in a good MAF. It's okay for cleaning electrical contacts, but for MAF / MAP, that's a no-no.
nissparts: I'm sorry I'm lost.
What do you want to do with WD-40?
I hope it's not for cleaning the MAP/MAF sensor?
sultaan: WD-40 is a penetrating oil, you might need electrical contact cleaner like a crc maf cleaner 05110
nissparts: I'm sorry I'm lost.
What do you want to do with WD-40?
I hope it's not for cleaning the MAP/MAF sensor?

You guys are all on point. Saw the WD-40 at game but then when I read the instructions it clearly Saud it leaves a film which isn't good for a MAP.
Re: Failed Acceleration On EOD by Piyke: 7:01pm On Apr 13, 2013
GOOD NEWS

Problem Solved!!!!

I repeat Problem Solved!!!

Details to follow shortly....
Re: Failed Acceleration On EOD by sultaan(m): 7:39pm On Apr 13, 2013
Definitely a loose wire/connection done prior to posting
Re: Failed Acceleration On EOD by Piyke: 9:58pm On Apr 13, 2013
The culprit was my clogged Air cleaner element known by local mechanics as "engine filter"

I got into Enugu this morning and drove straight to Enugu mall in search of WD-40, I found it at game however, after reading what was on the can, I decided not to use it on the MAP sensor.

Next I went to my mechanic @ EN, by this time the symptom was now occurring when revving the car in the stationary position.

Once I demonstrated the fault for him, he went straight to my intake housing and pulled out the intake hose, to my relief the car revved as normal. The old one had oily dirt on it. I replaced the part and the rest they say is history.

I couldn't believe the overall improvement in performance, acceleration is more prompt and previously lost power restored. It also sounds deeper when accelerating and my MPG is much improved.

I thoroughly tested the car today on my trip back to Owerri...loads of power grin

I wish to say a very big thank you to Siena, Ikenna, nissparts, lonelydora and everyone who gave their time to resolving this. You guys rock!
Re: Failed Acceleration On EOD by sultaan(m): 5:37am On Apr 14, 2013
Stopp right there you mean they were talking of the Maf and you never checked the air filter!

The MAF is between the throttle body and filter carbon/oil builds up on the throttle body, the MAF before it gets to the filter.
Either too much oil in crankcase or bad pvc valve
Re: Failed Acceleration On EOD by Piyke: 8:38am On Apr 14, 2013
sultaan: Stopp right there you mean they were talking of the Maf and you never checked the air filter!

The MAF is between the throttle body and filter carbon/oil builds up on the throttle body, the MAF before it gets to the filter.
Either too much oil in crankcase or bad pvc valve

Don't get me wrong, I guess I didn't put it well. I wasn't saying the filter was soaked in oil. I was just saying the filter had gone beyond the usual dry dust that can be blown out using compressed air.

Since I bought the car (2009), I've never changed the filter, I've just been using compressed air to clean. I last cleaned it in December 2012, Infact I changed and reverted back to the original after I noticed a drop in MPGs with the new fake one. The filter has tried as its been overdue for changing according to the service manual.

Also, there was no deposits on the upfacing side of the filter which proves that everything was coming from outside air.

My oil is at the perfect level as I know that too much oil in the crankcase can damage the engine. The car also maintains the same oil levels in between my 3 monthly services, I've never have to top up in between.
Re: Failed Acceleration On EOD by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 14, 2013
^^^ Why would you "clean" your air filter element, instead of replacing it at the prescribed intervals??
Re: Failed Acceleration On EOD by miccodb(m): 11:52am On Apr 14, 2013
smiley I've fixed dis problem  an EOD b4 n I can guarantee ur vehicle has some DTCs jus probably ur mechanics have killed d bulb. From ur explanation its gotta be ur fuel or air lines. Ur mixtures don't add up quick enuff when ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ crack open the gas. Whers ur location? I can troubleshoot dis for ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊. But d last tym I fixed dis d problem was as simple as a low oil pressure. Funny ryt?
Re: Failed Acceleration On EOD by Piyke: 1:59pm On Apr 14, 2013
Siena: ^^^ Why would you "clean" your air filter element, instead of replacing it at the prescribed intervals??

You know you don't always find original products in Nigeria. Like I mentioned above I tried replacing it, but just couldn't get an original product until I got to learn of this guy that stocks OEM Honda products.

Once, I replaced it with a fake one and my MPGs tanked. Well from now will always replace at the recommended times.
Re: Failed Acceleration On EOD by Piyke: 2:32pm On Apr 14, 2013
miccodb: smiley I've fixed dis problem  an EOD b4 n I can guarantee ur vehicle has some DTCs jus probably ur mechanics have killed d bulb. From ur explanation its gotta be ur fuel or air lines. Ur mixtures don't add up quick enuff when ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ crack open the gas. Whers ur location? I can troubleshoot dis for ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊. But d last tym I fixed dis d problem was as simple as a low oil pressure. Funny ryt?

Already fixed. No codes at all, I have a scanner that accesses powertrain, transmission, ABS and SRS.

Also all the bulbs come on when you turn the ignition.
Re: Failed Acceleration On EOD by cretin: 3:52pm On Apr 14, 2013
ok good u fixed it. you sounded like you knew a bit abt cars....guess thats why we assumed that u wud hv checked the basic things first...like filter/plugs

also go a step further by changing the a/c air filter...its inside ur glove box or pigeon hole as per naija sl;angs
Re: Failed Acceleration On EOD by Ikenna351(m): 5:54pm On Apr 14, 2013
Piyke: The culprit was my clogged Air cleaner element known by local mechanics as "engine filter"

I got into Enugu this morning and drove straight to Enugu mall in search of WD-40, I found it at game however, after reading what was on the can, I decided not to use it on the MAP sensor.

Next I went to my mechanic @ EN, by this time the symptom was now occurring when revving the car in the stationary position.

Once I demonstrated the fault for him, he went straight to my intake housing and pulled out the intake hose, to my relief the car revved as normal. The old one had oily dirt on it. I replaced the part and the rest they say is history.

I couldn't believe the overall improvement in performance, acceleration is more prompt and previously lost power restored. It also sounds deeper when accelerating and my MPG is much improved.

I thoroughly tested the car today on my trip back to Owerri...loads of power grin

I wish to say a very big thank you to Siena, Ikenna, nissparts, lonelydora and everyone who gave their time to resolving this. You guys rock!

Congrats! Good to know that you have finally sorted it out. I also believed that you must have learnt other things about your car while troubleshooting this issue. Manual troubleshooting help one to fully understand his/her car; how the cars EFI system function. So that any issue scanner fails to identify for you, you will pull your tool box and prove the scanner wrong. Lol!

This also proves that cars EFI and electrical (or brands) systems are not always the same. If it was Peugeot that had this issue, it would have been dislaying "Anti-Pollution Fault" warning on the Multi-function screen. Once a Peugeot with the Multiplex wiring system has a clogged, dirty or damaged airfilter, you will get the Anti-pollution fault warning.
Anyway, I arrived Abuja about 3 hrs ago. Will still check Shoprite here for the WD-40. Just want to have it.

Ikenna.
Re: Failed Acceleration On EOD by Piyke: 4:21pm On Apr 15, 2013
cretin: ok good u fixed it. you sounded like you knew a bit abt cars....guess thats why we assumed that u wud hv checked the basic things first...like filter/plugs

also go a step further by changing the a/c air filter...its inside ur glove box or pigeon hole as per naija sl;angs

Thanks a lot. My dear I'm learning o, trying to know my car better. I've started doing my servicing and other minor tasks myself. I purchased a Hyanes service manual for 2003-2011 accords. Just doing it for the fun of it. I changed my plugs in December 2012 with OEM Iridium NGK plugs so I didn't think plugs would be the issue.

Happy I'm getting better...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Do You Park Your Car? / 5 Things That Can Cause Your Car To Overheat / How Good Are This Mobil 5w30 Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.