Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience (13936 Views)

''Keeping Cell Phones Near The Head Is Dangerous'' / Can You Do Without Your Mobile Phone For A Day? / Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by dridowu: 12:44pm On Apr 04, 2013
1st phone Nokia 2100

Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Mishydoo(m): 12:44pm On Apr 04, 2013
grin...Enjoyed my Chinko fone with TV Radio,tourchlight,lighter,bluetooth,gprs,etc...its name was NokLa!
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Adanyebe(m): 12:46pm On Apr 04, 2013
I neva knew. where's ma China phone lets disturb the neighborhood? !!!

Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
This gizmo rendered a few brains cells useless as a result of the excessive heat it used to generate, back in the day -[img]http://nausheenhusain.files./2012/03/5362241572_6b17f4b682.jpg?w=300&h=168[/img]
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Boyoorisha: 12:48pm On Apr 04, 2013
Quaritch: Yeah, i remember! my first smart phone was SENDO X?
Anyone remember that phone? love it to bits grin

Yeah, I remember sendo! It was also my first smart phone, I enjoyed the phone very well but the battery ran down quckly
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by dabossman(m): 12:49pm On Apr 04, 2013
Ah, the mobile phone! A very good and useful invention, although sometimes annoying. I miss the days of landlines. Now everybody expects that they can reach you wherever, whenever. If you say "but I didn't have my phone with me", they'll say "it's a mobile phone, duh". Well maybe I don't want to be reached, duh! tongue

But seriously, it really is a useful device. My first was one heavy-duty Motorola that helped tone my biceps. Can anyone remeber those monophonic ringtones? La cu caracha? grin grin
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by DAVE5(m): 12:52pm On Apr 04, 2013
mitsubishi trium

Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by HAH: 12:54pm On Apr 04, 2013
Policewoman: I bought my 1st line for 14k in 2003.

I believe that was combination of your salary and many months road side egunje madam constable
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by ELgordo(m): 12:55pm On Apr 04, 2013
SHEEEEEEEEEEET!!! My 1st Phone MOTOROLLA T191 . . . I rock this phone gannnnnnN! Nice topic been watching it on CNN since Yesterday morning. YAWN#
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 04, 2013
dabossman: Ah, the mobile phone! A very good and useful invention, although sometimes annoying. I miss the days of landlines. Now everybody expects that they can reach you wherever, whenever. If you say "but I didn't have my phone with me", they'll say "it's a mobile phone, duh". Well maybe I don't want to be reached, duh! tongue

But seriously, it really is a useful device. My first was one heavy-duty Motorola that helped tone my biceps. Can anyone remeber those monophonic ringtones? La cu caracha? grin grin

I read an interesting article on how technology has moved everyone from a default offline mode to an online mode - sad. Gone are the days you'd drop in on an absent friend unannounced, only to find you have to make do with a handwritten note.
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by tonididdy(m): 12:58pm On Apr 04, 2013
baynix: I Bought Stolen Nokia 8310 In 2004 At Sabo For 8K! That Was My First Baby!!
I Later Sold It To Ma Guy.. I Think 900 Naira! And He Didnt Even Balance Me!

The Only Site I Was Able To Browse Thru Then Was wanawap.com.. Dunno If Dat Still Exist!

I Remember Wen Sagem Was Trending!! All Sagem Comes Wit P.orn Movie.. At Least 5mins P.orn Movie!!
ha u rremembered me of wannawap lol.u remember
mygamma?
w8u.net
that year vmobile na free browsing and c.care na once dial.i remember playing prank calls on them.
we called cc onetime just they shout:''i don lose my period oh...
one time i called them and said,i was stranded at lagos ibadan exprrssway and i dont have any credit to conyact anyone and no place to buy or make a call,that he should please give me some credit to call with.I SWEAR HE LOADED MY ACCT WITH N400 vmobile like some hours latet that day.i called back tp say TY and some1 else pickt up and said its cos i but my sim in dec the previous year.
my first mobile was a blue screend samsung r220
my first color phone was motorola c350
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Jabioro: 12:59pm On Apr 04, 2013
[quote author=yuzedo]i remember when i buy my first phone, nokia-iPhone 1 the first day i pack inside BANANA ISLAND. That is in 1998 when GSM came out first..U r a blantant lier,GSM had nt been in 9ja as then.2001 Aug.dat is when we start'd xperience GSM,Bt if u talkin about NITEL 090...
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 04, 2013
My first was a Nokia 5510 year 2002 I fink, bought my Econet line for 30K den, waste of money cuz I later bout MTN for 15k 6months later.

The ECONET network was crappy at my area den
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Policewoman(f): 1:04pm On Apr 04, 2013
HAH:

I believe that was combination of your salary and many months road side egunje madam constable
Duh! I work in the office, not in the streets tongue
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by konkocious(m): 1:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
Got my Vmobile sim in 2004...no be small thing o

I started with semens calculator face, later use trium then Nokia 51xx can't really remember (na those heavy laden phones...pemi pada) all in one year...
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by wandeykul(f): 1:15pm On Apr 04, 2013
My mum got me ALCATEL
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by slimyem: 1:16pm On Apr 04, 2013
My first phone was one Erricson wey be like cutlass-2003grin
After that was a Seimens that had a yellow-colour screen that made me sick,then Sagem V-55 and Sagem My-7cheesy
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by chreldb(m): 1:17pm On Apr 04, 2013
opson J: sagem

Same here. Lambada ringtone monophonic ringtone! grin
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Chitexs250(m): 1:17pm On Apr 04, 2013
My first phone

1 Like

Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 04, 2013
My first phone was a BIRD fone... That flip noisy phone. It was stolen where I went to eat free food in school tongue tongue tongue
My Mum said my next phone will be bought by my husband angry angry thank God she later change her mind oº°˚!
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Neaman(m): 1:21pm On Apr 04, 2013
...remember in 2004 wen my uncle gave me nokia 3310 as birthday gift, i almost jumped off my skin due to excitement,litte did i know that one day the phone will be a playing object for my puppy.
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 04, 2013
dridowu: 1st phone Nokia 2100

My sister used dis phone for YEARS!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
I swear, d day she came crying that it was stolen, we were rejoicing!! The thing no gree die!! undecided undecided
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by SONFGOD12: 1:35pm On Apr 04, 2013
My first phone ws nokia 7010 or 70smtin sha bk in 2006 flup phone i mis used dat phone nd scattered it cos i wan change d fone case d tin pain me...ehn.dose wack roadside phone repairers
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Regiblinkz(m): 1:38pm On Apr 04, 2013
I'm typing from a cell now
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by rubi96(f): 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2013
my first phone was orange and blue ericson can't remember the model
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by tonididdy(m): 1:42pm On Apr 04, 2013
Elvin001: AIRTEL SIM WITH 18GB DATA BUNDLE (expiring
2015) FOR SALE... Call 07088390828 to get urs
i need 2sims/how do i get it.im in liberia?
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by tonididdy(m): 1:45pm On Apr 04, 2013
tchidi: My first phone was a BIRD fone... That flip noisy phone. It was stolen where I went to eat free food in school tongue tongue tongue
My Mum said my next phone will be bought by my husband angry angry thank God she later change her mind oº°˚!
haha this phone wey get coloured paper for the background to make it look like it were colored and it also has a microscope on the flip lol
didnt anyone use NEC phones here!?
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by chucky234(m): 1:48pm On Apr 04, 2013
baynix:

LOL!! MTN Raped Nigerians !!
Their Sim Casing Was Like That Of A CD!
Econet Buddie also had same CD pack
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Emmyk(m): 1:49pm On Apr 04, 2013
Whoa! Got my first phone on 30th of October, 2006. Just little over one month when the company was bought by Celtel Ng.
Oh. The phone was Nokia 3310. Dont let me talk about the 77k/sec of Celtel. I loved it! I so much loved the phone that I never wished to have any other one aside it. #Nolstagiac.
One friend of mine in sec school used the Compose" to compose MR. LECTURER's (Idrim Adbulkarim) monophonic tone for me. Was soo chuffed! Used it as my ringtone.
I loved the Voice Command, Lol. I used it to call out contacts and it'll dial it! IT WAS A MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH THE DAY I FINISHED SPACE IMPACT!" DAMN! . I do envy one other nokia phone that time too with flouricent screen (Nokia 2100), because playing space impact on it is cool! You hold down key "1" and it fires automatically while I need to press my own continually.
Now see me, I'v used 12phones after it,none was as less as Nokia 3310 tho.

1 Like

Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by chucky234(m): 1:53pm On Apr 04, 2013
Bought my a SonyEriccson flip for N45,000 with Econet Buddie SIM pack for 35k in 2002,followed by Bosch phone I shipped from Germany,I later bought a NEC camera and video for 38k,followed by NEC communicator for 38k and here we are. Camera phones are even as cheap as 2k today with SIM pack going for N50

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Check Due Date Of Your Dstv Package On Your Mobile Phone / Can I Subscribe To Mtn Night Browsing With An Active Subscription?? / SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.