Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Travelling To Uk Or China To Study , Which Is Better? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Uk Or China To Study , Which Is Better? (964 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / South Africa Or China ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling To Uk Or China To Study , Which Is Better? by darkroll(m): 10:32am On Apr 03, 2008
I need the house idea on this issue:Schooling in Uk or China

Am going for advance certificate in travel and tourism , i got a school in UK(london) tution fee of 4500pounds (without accomodation) , i got a school in China with the same course (including accomodation) also for 2000USD . from what have heared and read it seems London is quite very expensive to live.

If i will be coming to UK i wil be paying my full tution fees before i come , but with the 20hrs per week work permit , Do u guys think it will be easy to cope in the UK ? paying of bills , accomodation and upkeeping or should i rather go to china .
Re: Travelling To Uk Or China To Study , Which Is Better? by darkroll(m): 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2008
Any one opinion on the issue please ?
Re: Travelling To Uk Or China To Study , Which Is Better? by darkroll(m): 11:49pm On Apr 03, 2008
15 views but no comment yet ,
Re: Travelling To Uk Or China To Study , Which Is Better? by travelcare: 3:39pm On Apr 04, 2008
The ball is in your court. We know that UK schools are very expensive but think about the quality too. Check your pockets and your savings, if you can afford UK, then best of luck. Remember th ball is in your court, play it well. Hewever, if you need any assistance, Travelcare will be waiting, you can click here to see what we do: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-121415.0.html

Goodluck!

Travelcare
Re: Travelling To Uk Or China To Study , Which Is Better? by darkroll(m): 4:25pm On Apr 04, 2008
thanks for ur comment travel care , i can afford to pay for my tution but my problem is upkeep . how much can a student make in 1WEEK with the 20hrs workpermit in a week ?

Will it be enough to pay rent , feeding and upkeep?
Re: Travelling To Uk Or China To Study , Which Is Better? by Busta(f): 4:47pm On Apr 04, 2008
@poster,

I have skooled in both places but it is never a comparison.

U can't compare ur certification of UK to that of China. Even when u graduate and need a Job, the employer will first of all consider the person with a UK certificate before that of China. China might be cheep, Yes! . . . .but u are limited. If u live there for a thousand years, got married to a chinko girl and have kids, u will never become a citizen . . .u still have to go thru the hassles of renewing ur visa from time to time . . . They still cannot handle their population, limited to only one kid per household. But with UK, u can get married, ur employer might decide to sponsor u and u are granted landed immigrant after which u can become a citizen.

Secondly, the language is a HUGE barrier. I schooled at an International university in Beijing which harbours a lot of foreigners, U school in the daytime and get paid really good morning to teach english at night. Lots of companies there need english teachers to teach company employees, wealthy pple's kids etc. and they really wanna learn. But I ran away after 5months. The pple keep staring at me like I was some kinda mini godess, when u go buy stuffs u need an interpreter to go with u if not . . . u'll be cheated big time, besides, u are not all that exposed to anything and their laws are very strict.

and oh. . . I forgot to mention that everything is sooooooooooooooooo darn CHEAP in China and China has everything and anything. I shopped till I dropped.

I hope this helped.
The choice is all yours
Re: Travelling To Uk Or China To Study , Which Is Better? by dnative(m): 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2008
O boy no try going to study in the uk and hoping to pay your living expenses with 20hrs per week work. You must have some savings to cover at least expenses for the first 6 months or better still have enough to cover at least half of your annual living expenses.

The going rate for most student jobs is about 5.50 to 6.0 per hour. If you're living in london, you'll be paying house rent (about 80 per week for a room in a shared house), feeding (15/30 per week), phone (15-30 per month), transport (at least 10/week depending on where u living and schooling), misc (15/30 week). Do the maths and you'll see that you could be in serious trouble and would have to violate your visa terms (as per the 20hrs rule) to make ends. Your best bet is to come with most of your living expenses. Even the 20hr/week job is not guaranteed. I bet you know how many eastern european guys have now flooded the uk and boy can those guys work. No try am o, just save up before coming and in the worst case, come with at least your accomdation money on standby.
Re: Travelling To Uk Or China To Study , Which Is Better? by darkroll(m): 4:37pm On Apr 05, 2008
Thanks for all your comments , more comments are still welcome

(1) (Reply)

VVVR / Best Way To Move Around Abuja For A 6 Month Visit / Those Of You Wey Wan Go Italy. Watch This And Learn. Dummies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.