Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,708 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Best Way To Move Around Abuja For A 6 Month Visit - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best Way To Move Around Abuja For A 6 Month Visit (960 Views)

Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) / If You Have Been Granted A 6 Months Uk Visa, Is 2 Years Visa Easier To Collect! / What Is The Best Way To Get US Visiting Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Way To Move Around Abuja For A 6 Month Visit by jidewura(m): 3:03pm On Nov 27, 2009
GUYS / lADIES,

My friend is planning on staying in ABuja for the next 6 months and he will need to be mobile for that period. The problem is that he will definetly be leaving the country at the end of 6 months hence does not see any sense in buying a car for the 6 mont period, Abuja Taxi is crazily expensive (from 10,000 Naira per day!, meaning he will be spending 320,000 per month!)

What other options does he have please. He plans to be in Abuja from next week.

Many thanks
Re: Best Way To Move Around Abuja For A 6 Month Visit by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 27, 2009
I'd be inclined to look into self-drive hire.

Some of the bigger firms - Avis, Herts, Europcar etc will be able to provide this service.
Re: Best Way To Move Around Abuja For A 6 Month Visit by jidewura(m): 3:41pm On Nov 27, 2009
Thanks Sienna, but most of them also want around 120,000 Naira for 10 days rental!
Re: Best Way To Move Around Abuja For A 6 Month Visit by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 27, 2009
Well, self-drive hire in Nigeria won't come cheap, considering the insurance cover, coupled with the Nigerian driving culture.

They have to cover their backs.
Re: Best Way To Move Around Abuja For A 6 Month Visit by jidewura(m): 7:30pm On Nov 27, 2009
I agree with you especially with the Abuja driving!! even worse than Lagos.
Re: Best Way To Move Around Abuja For A 6 Month Visit by moosieh: 3:17pm On Nov 28, 2009
no, daily car-hire can be 5K daily, even less if purchased by the month. I know cuz I used one for one week and he charged me just that. He was a dependable, reliable and quiet young man, I really enjoyed his services and I always use him when I come to Abuja.
Re: Best Way To Move Around Abuja For A 6 Month Visit by collins011(m): 8:18pm On Nov 30, 2009
I bet your best option is to buy a car and remove some amount of money and sell it at the end his stay, lets say you buy a car of 500k am sure if you remove 100 - 150k you will sale it fast, and that is to say he spend 100 - 150 for trans at the end of 6months which is very reasonable
Re: Best Way To Move Around Abuja For A 6 Month Visit by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2014

(1) (Reply)

No Place Like Home? / I Provide Czech Republic Invitation Letter / Any Nairalander Living In Rhode Island/massachusets/connecticut In Usa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.