Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North (19641 Views)

Ejiro Adigbo Advises Governor Wike On What Next To Do. / PDP CAN NEVER WIN LAGOS. Eze Dimgba ADVISES IGBOS. / ABIA : Don't Allow Politicians Use You, Orji Advises Clerics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by onyeego(m): 7:06am On Apr 04, 2013
By ANAYO OKOLI

UMUAHIA — FOLLOWING the incessant killing if Ndi Igbo in some parts of the North, Abia State governor, Theodore Orji, has advised Igbo resident in that part of the country to come home if they were no longer wanted by their host communities.

Governor Orji’s position was prompted by the latest motor park bombing in Kano which caused the death of scores of Ndi Igbo.

According to him, if Ndigbo are continuously being killed in the North, it meant that they were not accepted and the best option for them was to think home where their safety was guaranteed.

He said: “No sane person will continue living in an atmosphere where his life is at stake.”

He pointed out that home remained the most comfortable place for anyone whose life was in danger.

source- http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/killings-in-the-north-return-home-if-they-dont-want-you-orji-tells-ndi-igbo/

2 Likes

Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by alfaman2: 7:09am On Apr 04, 2013
orji is big fool then if he said that.

2 Likes

Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by quality01(m): 7:18am On Apr 04, 2013
Useless orji dat has nothing good to offer.
Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by Abagworo(m): 7:19am On Apr 04, 2013
alfaman2: orji is big fool then if he said that.

No. I'll go with him on this one. I personally feel sorry for Igbos living where they are killed daily.

37 Likes

Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by mike404(m): 7:19am On Apr 04, 2013
you are a BIG FHOOOOOOOOL for making such comment. ADAKA

35 Likes

Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by RedLight1: 7:25am On Apr 04, 2013
so what has orji done in the east that would encourage indigbo to come home? I just dnt think igbo's should allow this man to be their mouth piece

2 Likes

Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by genxris: 7:35am On Apr 04, 2013
[quote author=Red-Light]so what has orji done in the east that would encourage indigbo to come home? I just dnt think igbo's should allow this man to be their mouth piece[/quote

He has spoken his mind ,if u like come bck if u don't' like remain their...when another bomb lands in a igbo community in the north u will still be the first to come here and ask what are igbo leaders doing or saying about the killings.

10 Likes

Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by genxris: 7:36am On Apr 04, 2013
quality01: Useless orji dat has nothing good to offer.
Guy, this is not time for politics, the governor gave a honest advice to adamant igbos in the awusa land

7 Likes

Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by genxris: 7:37am On Apr 04, 2013
You are a bigger fool for ignoring his advice

9 Likes

Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by okosodo: 7:38am On Apr 04, 2013
@ alfamann , ogun kill ur father for that statement wen you make. Animals
Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by Iykopee(m): 8:06am On Apr 04, 2013
if u die 2day, u r going nowhere with the material wealth nor the money u were trying to make... I Strongly believe dat no amount of money is better dan ones life... Those igbo people in d north shud relocate back to d east... Ur life is more important than the money u probably wont get in millions while ur life is @ stake...no where like home.

6 Likes

Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by switex(f): 8:08am On Apr 04, 2013
Red-Light:
so what has orji done in the east that would encourage indigbo to come home? I just dnt think igbo's should allow this man to be their mouth piece
I lik dis, he is a fool, de state he is heading is nothing to write home abt, I visited aba recently I could nt believe it dat de so called china of Nigeria is a mess unfortunate for me dere was down pour dat day and de biggest market was a mess within seconds of de rain, such man have no right to speak for ndi igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by onyeego(m): 8:12am On Apr 04, 2013
How is he a fool? The man gave an honest advice to igbos in the north

Or do you prefer the daily massacres of Ndi-Igbo in d North?
He said the truth,if u are not wanted by your host to the point of been killed, the only available option is to leave.

4 Likes

Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by onyeego(m): 8:14am On Apr 04, 2013
switex: I lik dis, he is a fool, de state he is heading is nothing to write home abt, I visited aba recently I could nt believe it dat de so called china of Nigeria is a mess unfortunate for me dere was down pour dat day and de biggest market was a mess within seconds of de rain, such man have no right to speak for ndi igbo.
This has nothing to do with his scorecard as Gov.of abia state.
Its the lives of Ndi-Igbo we are talking about here.

5 Likes

Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 04, 2013
The most sensible comment from T.A for over a decade. But looking at it from the other perspective,is there any plan on ground to absorb the would be returnees into civil service by Orji's administration?? I don't want to touch the infra structural condition of the state which is at the lowest ebb.

1 Like

Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 04, 2013
people do not live in the North because it is any better than the East. There are other reasons why Igbos go to live in the North.

But in an atmosphere where people are targeted for the language they speak and the God they pray to, if I was living in the North I will relocate.

So yes Orji has a point

3 Likes

Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 04, 2013
I hope he is not nurturing any idea of coming out for presidency in future? Cos this statement will be used against him.
Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by Valto(m): 8:35am On Apr 04, 2013
mr governor! how many buses av u provided for them to use in relocating to the east...and what will be thier fate when they eventually return`

2 Likes

Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by onyeego(m): 9:13am On Apr 04, 2013
emmysenior: I hope he is not nurturing any idea of coming out for presidency in future? Cos this statement will be used against him.
A leader that can not speak for his people is not fit to be called a leader.
which is better? To stand up against evil and speak against it or to do nothing cos of a personal ambition that will never come to fruition.

2 Likes

Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by UncleJJ(m): 10:28am On Apr 04, 2013
A little advice to Orji the midget and the rest of ibo land.

Never let them see you cry grin
Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by alfaman2: 1:56pm On Apr 04, 2013
onye ego:
How is he a fool? The man gave an honest advice to igbos in the north

Or do you prefer the daily massacres of Ndi-Igbo in d North?
He said the truth,if u are not wanted by your host to the point of been killed, the only available option is to leave.

He, like other mumus commenting here are trying to paint the Igbo victims of northern islamist madness as being responsible for their own misfortune by staying in a part of their own country.

Only south african apartheid regime had a system of internal segregation based on ethnicity, and even them made it official and supplied documents telling everyone where they can go or not go. There at least you may blame victims, foolishly, if they get maltreated in banned territory.

But this is one nigeria, where northerners own oil wells in the south, where northerners don't need visa to rear their cows in the south, where they roam free, and you want our own people to be quarantined in the east?

Coming from a supposedly Igbo leader makes it a highly foolish statement.

5 Likes

Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by DJDOLA(m): 4:14pm On Apr 04, 2013
onye ego: By ANAYO OKOLI

UMUAHIA — FOLLOWING the incessant killing if Ndi Igbo in some parts of the North, Abia State governor, Theodore Orji, has advised Igbo resident in that part of the country to come home if they were no longer wanted by their host communities.

Governor Orji’s position was prompted by the latest motor park bombing in Kano which caused the death of scores of Ndi Igbo.

According to him, if Ndigbo are continuously being killed in the North, it meant that they were not accepted and the best option for them was to think home where their safety was guaranteed.

He said: “No sane person will continue living in an atmosphere where his life is at stake.”

He pointed out that home remained the most comfortable place for anyone whose life was in danger.

source- http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/killings-in-the-north-return-home-if-they-dont-want-you-orji-tells-ndi-igbo/
make dem stay there nah maybe nah there papa land..mtchewwww
Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by 50calibre(m): 4:15pm On Apr 04, 2013
I wonder what some Igbos are still doing in the north, living in the north is like living with wild animals and no amount of assets or properties is worth it.

1 Like

Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by omonnakoda: 4:15pm On Apr 04, 2013
That is fron Kano to Lagos Aba
Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by Bolt2011(m): 4:16pm On Apr 04, 2013
Look who's talking

What has his government done to better the lives of those already home?
Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by ebamma(m): 4:16pm On Apr 04, 2013
and so are you for saying this
Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by nairaman66(m): 4:17pm On Apr 04, 2013
It's only an ediot that will see a stone and call it fish.. Things are getting out of hand gradually..

1 Like

Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by GalaxyNoteII: 4:17pm On Apr 04, 2013
[size=18pt]. . . . . Again? grin

They'll just be back next month. No money to be made in the Southeast.

NL FB is a repetition of 2011 per-election front page jare [/size]
Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by STAINLESSYKZ: 4:21pm On Apr 04, 2013
Orji is is 80% right
Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by samcarlos: 4:25pm On Apr 04, 2013
genxris:
You are a bigger fool for ignoring his advice
Maybe there are more jobs in Abia State
Lol...
Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by Akiika: 4:31pm On Apr 04, 2013
Go back and enthrone politicians that will develop your region. Personally, i think the Igbos are the most enterprising people in Nigeria....if given the opportunity, Nigeria's GDP index will spike. It makes a lot of sense to flee wherever you are not safe, besides, this may be an advantage for them on the long run....but love of money will not let them reason rationally. And yes, i'm a yoruba man that sees beyond ethnic line!

6 Likes

Re: Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North by Boa4u: 4:34pm On Apr 04, 2013
You this babylonian,,instate of you as a chief security in your state to declare a full scale war on those hausas Namas who reside in Abia state,,,,as eye for an eye,,you are here advicing my brethren to thier domain........The only solution to hausa boko haram is kill thier peoples here in the south

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why NJC Can’t Consider Onnoghen’s Case - Prof Itse Sagay / Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent / Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari To Stop Blame Game On Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.