Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

NERC Recruitment: What's the update? - Jobs/Vacancies (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NERC Recruitment: What's the update? (205075 Views)

Nigerdock Recruitment: What is the Latest? / NNPC RECRUITMENT. What Happens Now? / NERC Massive Recruitment 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 9:44am On Nov 02, 2015
serious food for thought. NERC has truly demonstrated the Nigerian spirit of impunity. God dey. Now its to use connection to get through before december or we face other things and move on.Sad, sad, sad.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 10:01pm On Nov 02, 2015
No mention was made about what becomes of the recruitment exercise by the time the board exit in December.....
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2015
Please consider this statement made by Dr. Sam Amadi in this excerpts you posted:- ''It is an internal vacancy announcement. The Centre for Management Development is to conduct the exam......'' Does it mean that the NERC published some new vacancies recently?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
@Brosiye99 Please have you come across the rejoinder issued by NERC to refute the claims made in the Daily Trust newspaper report?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2015
Of course i saw it and it is only normal they will deny and or defend it. I guess the news was leaked by staff of the NERC who are aggrieved with the Board. It is obvious they cant pay themselves that amount again. Bad news for them as all eyes will be on NERC now. If only it wasnt leaked, they would have gone quietly with their huge payments. Even the house of reps debated on it today. The news was quite detailed showing it was an insider leak.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 9:58pm On Nov 04, 2015
@Brosiye99 I saw the rejoinder in their facebook page. I then asked about the recruitment in my comment. The response was that shortlisted candidates would be contacted by NERC in due course....
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 8:05pm On Nov 28, 2015
Its highly likely that it will be the next incoming NERC Chairman and Management that will conclude this recruitment. So unfortunate that the outgoing Management could not conclude it. Sam Amadi did not try at all.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 8:44pm On Nov 28, 2015
Brosiye99 , bureaucracy is a traditional 'bottleneck' when it comes to virtually every affair in the government sector...... Perhaps, factors like budgetary allocation and action-plan for the year as well as the change in government must have played one role or the other in the delay.......
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 9:31pm On Nov 28, 2015
Teekay77: I agree with you on that possibility. Let's hope somehow they have factored this into 2016 Work plans and budget. Or else will it be in 2017? Mmmmm
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 9:43pm On Nov 28, 2015
brosiye99:
Teekay77: I agree with you on that possibility. Let's hope somehow they have factored this into 2016 Work plans and budget. Or else will it be in 2017? Mmmmm

This is to appreciate brosiye99 &Teekay77 for their timely information and encouragement..

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
@Kunleezra @Brosiye99 , you are most welcomed and appreciated. By GOD's Grace, celebration cometh for us all in 2016. AMEN!!!!
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 6:21pm On Dec 01, 2015
In exactly 21 days time, the current NERC leadership will be leaving office. I guess by now some new people have been pencilled to be the next chairman and other Comissioners to be appointed. I don't think any of the outgoing management will be re appointed.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 8:12pm On Dec 01, 2015
Do we need to write letter to NERC after exist of this present chairman to remind them of uncompleted recruitment.Kindly advice !!!
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
I don't think that is necessary @Kunleezra . It might even end up being counter-productive if they consider it a 'desperate' measure.....
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 10:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
Yes I agree with that point. No need to formally write the incoming management on this else it will likely backfire. Best way will be thru informal/back channels such as personally knowing the any member of the incoming management team when they have been appointed.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 11:33am On Dec 11, 2015
10 more days to say goodbye.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 11:18am On Dec 16, 2015
6 days to end of tenure. waiting patiently
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 11:00am On Dec 20, 2015
Brosiye99 i could notice that you are 'keeping vigil' on the NERC Commissioners' tenure expiration and that's commendable....... However, i strongly believe that it does not have any adverse bearing on the recruitment stage reached so far. Perhaps, a BRF as Minister of Power would help to facilitate a logical conclusion to it.......
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 1:00pm On Dec 20, 2015
@teekay77: I am just happy that they are all going. Let's be optimistic that some of us will have a means of communication to BRF or the new chairman which I am sure will be appointed immediately. I pray this whole process won't be abandoned.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 11:44am On Dec 23, 2015
At last, the old chairman and commissioners are gone. We eagerly await the new team. I just found out that total staff strength of NERC nationwide is less than less than 200 staff including in the HQ and zonal offices. In fact i heard its just a little over 160 staff
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
Happy New year to u all

2 Likes

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 8:20pm On Jan 21, 2016
Happy New Year to you all... Here is wishing you a prosperous and fulfilling 2016..... In a lighter mood, here is a quiz:- Who is Dr Anthony Ikenna Babatunde Akahwink
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 11:36pm On Jan 21, 2016
He is the acting Chairman/CEO of NERC. I wonder why a new Chairman and Comissioners have not been appointed. Its one month now and the NERC Act specifies that a substantive management team be appointed within 21 days of expiration of tenure

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 5:35pm On Jan 23, 2016
Isn't that a goof on the part of the APC-led Federal Government, flouting the NERC Act?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 9:23am On Feb 17, 2016
Hi peeps. What has been happening? Long time. Seems no update on anything. I trust everyone is doing well. One love.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 9:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
NERC recruitment has been concluded. The slots were shared among the former Board Members. Let's all move on from here. Wish everyone good luck in all their endeavours. Was nice interacting with you all. Cheers.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 2:11am On Feb 25, 2016
Brosiye99 , that was a strong categorical statement..... However, how reliable is your source, please?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 8:25am On Feb 25, 2016
@teekay: one of the ex board members had five slots and I bumped into someone that benefitted from one of the slots. My brother, it is sad but true. The person I met is of the same ethnic stock of the ex board member and didn't even go thru any test. Definitely, as they knew they were leaving they put their people. God dey.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 4:40pm On Feb 25, 2016
Thanks for writing, Brosiye99 . So has the person you bumped into resumed or he/she is awaiting resumption? thought there was this belief that their new office needs to be ready before resumption?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 8:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
Resumed for nearly over five months ago. I don't think having HQ building ready was a factor. They just put their pple before their tenure ended and whenever d HQ is ready then maybe more pple will come in which will be at the discretion of d incoming board when appointed.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 3:10am On Feb 26, 2016
Thanks again, Brosiye99. Their might be some elements of truth in your write-up. Although the vacancies being referred to were 74 in number, so i wonder if the Retired Commissioners would be soooo selfish and callous to have shared everything among themselves, not minding the consequences of a probe in future by FCC....... Did you say they resumed some 5months ago? Can you recall that somebody mentioned something similar in this forum at about that time but later doused the tension by saying the jobs were not among the '74' advertised?

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) Currently Recruiting / Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 / Nigerian Navy Recruiting Graduates!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.