Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,701 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

NERC Recruitment: What's the update? - Jobs/Vacancies (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NERC Recruitment: What's the update? (205068 Views)

Nigerdock Recruitment: What is the Latest? / NNPC RECRUITMENT. What Happens Now? / NERC Massive Recruitment 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 9:03am On Sep 01, 2015
It will be difficult for a new management team to conclude this in the event the current comissioners and management are not renewed. This is Nigeria and of course you know the reason why. Let's just hope this can be concluded before december else chances are slim
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by hayzed31: 12:49pm On Sep 01, 2015
I think anyone with restral link in the house can also help with useful info as regards the status of nerc hq recruitment process.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
Brosiye99 . I understand your drift. However, i believe this is an era where government institutions are trying to minimize and block every available avenue of waste. Do you have an idea of how much NERC must have paid Restral to conduct the recruitment? If the worst comes from them, it could throw up wrong signals and negative impression and even apathy in future exercises.........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 7:14am On Sep 02, 2015
teekay77:
I'm still very much optimistic, no matter the situation. I think the major impediment here has been the change of government........... There was a news item last week that indicated that all the government establishments under the power sector as well as the ministry of power would be having a forum at the Senate very soon. NERC would clock 10 in October and i think there should be continuity in system even if the tenure of this present commission is not renewed. Imagine how much NERC would have paid to Restral regarding the consultation fees for recruitment. Are you now insinuating that the whole money would be wasted in the event that this recruitment process is cancelled? @Brosiye99

Do u think government think about wastage.Those that are employed by NIS has been suspended because board did not have avenue to slut their people which also lead to removal of NIS BOSS.Let us reason
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 8:20pm On Sep 02, 2015
@Kuleezra , The NIS recruitment was conducted by a Presidential Committee of the Jonathan Administration while Restral (a private consulting firm) handled that of NERC. You see the difference. Let's just be optimistic, something might come up before December 2015........
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 10:32am On Sep 03, 2015
The level of impunity and wastage is so high in government and i agree with @kunleezra that the money paid to restral no matter how big it is may not be significant to the decision and policy makers. Mind you, we are still having the hangover from the culture of waste from the immediate past GEJ goverment which would take sometime to be cured. I also concur with teekay that there is hope that something would happen before December 2015. Its barely three months away. If we have waited for this long then we can endure a little longer
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 9:22am On Sep 17, 2015
Any good news?

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2015
An Ad-Hoc committee on Power by the Senate commenced a probe of the sector (i.e previous administration till date) since last week.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 7:27pm On Sep 20, 2015
NERC
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 5:21pm On Sep 24, 2015
Can I as well believe that this platform is died ?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 9:22pm On Sep 26, 2015
@Kunleezra , the probe was on the power sector, perhaps NERC could have been involved one way or the other, especially the very first commission led by Dr. Ransome Owan between 2005 and 2010 that experienced some turbulent times......
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2015
teekay77:
@Kunleezra , the probe was on the power sector, perhaps NERC could have been involved one way or the other, especially the very first commission led by Dr. Ransome Owan between 2005 and 2010 that experienced some turbulent times......

@teekay77-thanks alot.I have been doing alot of underground work to get more information on this issue.I don't just like how everything is mute on this platform.Let keep it alive as before.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2015
teekay77:

@teekay77-thanks alot.I have been doing alot of underground work to get more information on this issue.I don't just like how everything is mute on this platform.Let keep it alive as before.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 9:41pm On Sep 28, 2015
Let keep our hope alive
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by seemples(f): 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2015
We do appreciate all your efforts on this thread!
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 5:59pm On Sep 30, 2015
@Kunleezra , you are most welcome, brother. Here are my contacts:- kay_teex1@yahoo.com 08164889029
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
A new current affairs radio broadcast programme called ''Electricity Today'' has been devised by NERC. It comes on air on FRCN network service every tuesday at 2pm prompt. The maiden edition is fixed for tomorrow, October 6, 2015.......
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 7:02pm On Oct 06, 2015
Point of correction, the actual broadcast time is 2:30pm on Tuesdays. I listened to the program today, it involves phone-in segment, perhaps one of us could ask question regarding the NERC recruitment one of these days........

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by akenade: 4:08pm On Oct 07, 2015
teekay77:
Point of correction, the actual broadcast time is 2:30pm on Tuesdays. I listened to the program today, it involves phone-in segment, perhaps one of us could ask question regarding the NERC recruitment one of these days........

So did anyone call in? I think the power sector is somewhere to really look at because it will definitely grow soon. If NERC isnt forth coming, guys please try DISCOS. Some are currently recruiting and the pay is not bad at all.

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 4:48pm On Oct 07, 2015
I didn't pick the program on time. The presenter had already mentioned the phone number before i tuned it....
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 4:24am On Oct 12, 2015
ATTENTION!. ATTENTION!.... Please tune your radio to FRCN at 7:30pm prompt today, Monday, October 12, 2015. There is a network service program and the focus tonight is on the Power Sector in Nigeria. The Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Power is on the 'hot seat'.......
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 10:07pm On Oct 13, 2015
The newly purchased NERC HQ is still dormant as the place is obviously still not ready. Passed there a few days back and judging from the surrounding area on the way to the front gate of the building, no furnishing work is being done there. Looks abandoned as there are no signs of human or vehicular movement
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 10:26pm On Oct 13, 2015
@Brosiye , are you 100per cent sure that it's actually the proposed HQ of NERC..
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 7:22am On Oct 14, 2015
Well it is a surveyor friend of mine that was in the know of the purchase and pointed out the location to me. His employer was involved in the transaction.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by zeongeon: 11:08am On Oct 14, 2015
Does anyone have an idea of how much Ibadan discos pay.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 9:39pm On Oct 27, 2015
These are the contacts in respect of the NERC sponsored current affairs programme titled ''Electricity Today'' which is aired on FRCN network service on Tuesdays at 2:30pm prompt. - 08076226771 electricitytoday247@gmail.com
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 8:59pm On Nov 01, 2015
Happy new month peeps. Count down to end of 2015.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 9:33am On Nov 02, 2015
Quite a sad news below: From Daily Trust

The board of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) has resolved to pay its seven members a total sum of N2.7 billion as severance and gratuity before their five-year- tenure ends in December.
The tenure of the board, which started on December 22, 2010, ends December 22, 2015. The board is headed by Dr Sam Amadi, who is also the chairman of the commission that regulates the electricity industry.
The chairman is to receive N400 million while the rest of the six commissioners are to go home with N380 million each, making a total of N2.7billion, a source told Daily Trust.
The sum includes an upfront salary of two years in which they are not allowed ‎to work in the power sector after leaving office. The costs of their official cars, telephone and electricity rebate allowances, among others, are computed into the sum tagged severance and gratuity.
The board members said their predecessors were also paid, but another source from the commission faulted the argument.
“The Electricity Act in section 36:2 bars the commissioners from working in the sector for two years starting from when they exited. It’s a standard practice even in other industries to avoid insider information abuse.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 9:34am On Nov 02, 2015
“There is no provision for them to be paid for those two years. What they are planning now is a fraud. Also, in section 42:18 of the Act, the commissioners and staff of the commission are to be paid salaries as recommended by the National Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission.
“To the best of my knowledge, there have been no recommendations from the wages commission since 2010 when this board was instituted but there have been increase in their pay,” a source told Daily Trust.
Chairman of the commission, Dr Sam Amadi, told Daily Trust last night that it was incorrect to say the commissioners were not entitled to severance and gratuity.
‎He said the board was relying on Nigerian pension laws which provide for severance package for all workers in Nigeria.
Though he declined to confirm the specific amount for the seven commissioners, he said it was based on the specific position of the individual staff, the commissioners inclusive.
“We did not do anything outside of what the former commissioners approved. They approved severance package for themselves. It is not true that it’s not provided in the Act. It is a compensation for the two years the commissioners are barred from working in the sector,” he said, adding that other regulatory agencies also had such packages for their political appointees including the Security and Exchange Commission, National Communication Commission, NNPC and Central Bank of Nigeria.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 9:34am On Nov 02, 2015
Amadi said the board had not sought for the recommendation of the wages commission but that NERC was empowered with the liberty to ‎take the opinion of the wages’ commission or leave it.
However, Daily Trust gathered that the sacked NERC board led by Ransome Owan was never paid gratuities but “salaries of one year and 11 months when they were in court and out of office”.
The board had spent three out of its supposed five years when it was sacked over allegation of corruption. An administrator was appointed to head the commission for the period, a position not known to the law setting it up.
“As the fraud case dragged long in court, the federal government through the office of Attorney General of the Federation negotiated an out-of-court settlement to enable it reconstitute the board. Part of that negotiation was to pay the sacked board members their salaries for the period they were out of office which amounted to N190 million each. This is different from what they are planning now,” Daily Trust was told.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 9:35am On Nov 02, 2015
Package already with PFA
“The commissioners have already benefitted three vehicles each in the past five years. They inherited the cars left behind by the last board. In a matter of months, they claimed the cars, citing depreciation and acquired new ones. In the gratuity and pension computed for the soon to exit commissioners, brand new SUVs are included among other sundry allowances,” a source said.
In June, 2015, one of the commissioners, Mr Eyo Ekpo, resigned his appointment citing loss of confidence and focus by the commission’s leadership.
A source with knowledge of the board’s resolve to pay its members the jumbo severance said the money had been warehoused with a pension fund administrator waiting to receive instruction for prompt payment.
“The board is said to be mounting pressure for Mr Ekpo’s portion of the money to be paid, apparently to pave way for smooth payment of other members own,” he said.
Daily Trust could not confirm if the movement of the money was done after President Muhammadu Buhari ordered government ministries and agencies to implement the Treasury Single Account (TSA).
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 9:36am On Nov 02, 2015
Paving way for cronies
The commissioners are also plotting to have their personal assistants who came with them on appointment to be given permanent job status at top levels beyond their qualification, Daily Trust investigations further shows.
Some of the assistants are relations and cronies of the commissioners, a source told Daily Trust. The development is causing disquiet among staff of the commission and other industry operators.
The commission advertised for vacancies into 64 positions in 2013 and conducted aptitude tests nationwide, spending millions of naira to hire a job consultancy firm Restral Limited.
The successful candidates were not given jobs, but Daily Trust gathered that the seven commissioners are now “bent on foisting their people on the commission which is currently in poor financial situation”.
“Their plan is to leave behind their aides to be ratified as permanent staff in the commission in case they are not reappointed by President Muhammadu Buhari,” a source said.
A commissioner’s younger sister who had been in school was brought in few months ago primed for one of the jobs, a source alleged, adding that some did not partake in the aptitude tests while others reportedly failed but are on the line to be employed.
Amadi however faulted the ‎claim, saying “It’s an internal vacancy announcement. The center for management development is to conduct the exams . No law says one’s sister or brother should not be in the commission. The past commissioners gave automatic permanent jobs to their aides but here, we are going through a due process.”

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) Currently Recruiting / Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 / Nigerian Navy Recruiting Graduates!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.