Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,751 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

NERC Recruitment: What's the update? - Jobs/Vacancies (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NERC Recruitment: What's the update? (205021 Views)

Nigerdock Recruitment: What is the Latest? / NNPC RECRUITMENT. What Happens Now? / NERC Massive Recruitment 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 9:22pm On Jun 26, 2015
@Kunleezra , any feelers Something tells me that the final interview could be done at the present headquarters before they finally relocate to the permanent office later.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 10:45pm On Jun 27, 2015
teekay77:
@Kunleezra , any feelers Something tells me that the final interview could be done at the present headquarters before they finally relocate to the permanent office later.

@teekay77-something not someone ?...May God count us among the numbers.Amen
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 10:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
@Kunleezra AMEN!
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 5:09am On Jun 30, 2015
Are we just two people on platform.where are others?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by akeenade: 9:27am On Jun 30, 2015
we are here quietly observing
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by GMB4REAL: 9:28am On Jun 30, 2015
I think ppl got bored with everything that happened so far & that explains the silence IMO
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Mhudi: 10:35am On Jun 30, 2015
We are waiting and we are watching
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Wittytraveller: 6:06pm On Jun 30, 2015
We are still here praying for the best.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by hayzed31: 10:35am On Jul 01, 2015
everyday optimistic! I know we will all make it to the top
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 11:27pm On Jul 18, 2015
Any good news?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by GMB4REAL: 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2015
D house has been too quite 4 som tym now. A friend of mine who works in ITF Abuja called over d w/end in order to greet me. He knew about my pursuit of d NERC job & there4 was wondering whether i was called by NERC 4 employment letter cos he learnt that NERC gave letters 2 ppl recently. If what he said is true (which i hav doubt ova as i also heard same info from another source), then who r those ppl? R they the recently employed Zonal candidates or they r HQ applicants? If they r 4 d HQ, then i am surprised that no 1 in this forum gets called or could it be that some ppl here were successful but don't want to open up & talk? MAY GOD GUIDE US
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by hayzed31: 1:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
This is serious o! Anyone in d house with similar info! Some of us are still hoping..
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 12:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
Please where is Brosiye99? He seems to have access to credible feelers and information. @Kunleezra , perhaps you could call NERC again for updates. Thanks for craving your indulgence.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by k2kay(m): 1:50pm On Jul 23, 2015
From the way the HQ interview was conducted, I had my doubts about the whole process and I still do. What will be will be!
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 4:18pm On Jul 23, 2015
My peeps how is the wait going? Definitely, there has been no intake for the HQ recruitment. The story is still the same. There is a lot of uncertainty in the sector now and i think some decisions are being delayed due to the change in government and no clear direction on electricity sector reforms. The Board and Management tenures will be expiring at the end of the year. In addition, a new electricity regulator NEMSA was signed into Law by the Goodluck administration in its dying days. there is a lot of lobby for and against NEMSA and i believe it is a contributory factor as well as legal issues on raising tariffs which the NERC management is working to increase. My take is that, if we watch up till november and this is not concluded then we must just forget about this entire recruitment. If nothing happens by then, honestly I will remove my mind totally and focus somewhere else.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 5:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
@Brosiye99 . Thanks for writing. Of course there are now two government agencies in the power sector, i.e Nigerian Electricity Liability Management Company (NELMCO) and Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) . However, they haave different functions. I really don't know why the GEJ administration had to come up with another body in the light of the realities on ground regarding the state of the country. Perhaps, this new administration might decide to collapse them into just one or two bodies.....
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 6:46pm On Jul 23, 2015
I reserve my comment till tomorrow.May God keep us save
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
I just call NERC HR phone...He said HQ recruitment was put on hold due to unavailability of office accommodation .I told the man that NERC would have continue with the final interview.......but he said until they move into their new office .lt wait for one or two months

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
Hi Kunleezra: Nice one on going the extra mile to get this info. Did he say in the next one or two months they will move to the new office or I didnt get you correctly?

2 Likes

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 6:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
He said with in two months time

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 11:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
We pray and hope so

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 8:48am On Jul 25, 2015
@Kunleezra @Brosiye99 , indeed, i do appreciate all your moves and efforts and i sincerely hope that we will all beam in SMILES at the end of it all...... So does it mean that the recent in-takes were mainly for the Regional Offices, Forum or others

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
@teekay77: yes the recent intakes were for the regional offices from what I gathered

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by GMB4REAL: 2:54pm On Jul 30, 2015
@Kunleeza & Brosiye99, welldone for ur efforts in providing useful info, God bless u. I know in life nothing good comes easy, let us all keep the faith & continue praying so that in the end a good number of ppl from this forum wil hav smiles on their faces. I quite agree wit a saying that goes: ''Job hunting can be disheartening, take time out to be kind to urself & accept that some things r out of ur control & may take time'' GOD HELP US

4 Likes

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by nairalanderfan: 11:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
My fear about all this delay in concluding NERC recruitment is a possible change in the organisation leadership which in my opinion can affect the whole process bcus the president has been busy sacking or suspending govt. institutions head.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 8:44am On Aug 23, 2015
I begin to loose interest in d whole exercise!!!!!!!!
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
Guys, be calm and stay positive...... I guess their new office should be in advanced stage of completion now.. @Brosiye99 @Kunleezra
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 6:13pm On Aug 24, 2015
The HQ building was bought fully completed and all that is left is furnishing as i was told by my contact. If the HQ furnishing is a factor on the delay in concluding the process then it may still take sometime before this is concluded. Stuff like furnishing an 8-10 storey building will consume a very huge amount of money.

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 3:30am On Aug 25, 2015
Brosiye99 thanks for this...... Perhaps, NERC might not be occupying the whole building. Perhaps, they could even move to the only floors occupied by them. Please keep in touch with your contact there.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 5:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
I av never see a recruitment that take so long like this in my life.The tenure of this management will soon end by November I guess.Can someone tell me what is going on in NERC if there is any information?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 9:15pm On Aug 30, 2015
There's nothing new to report. I doubt if this recruitment will conclude before December or ever at all. Has to do with budgetary constraints. My advice to all is don't put your mind on this. Once this management goes by year end, consider this recruitment cycle dead and gone except the management team is giving another term which is highly unlikely under PMB. Look to other things and occupy your mind positively.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by teekay77(m): 6:58pm On Aug 31, 2015
I'm still very much optimistic, no matter the situation. I think the major impediment here has been the change of government........... There was a news item last week that indicated that all the government establishments under the power sector as well as the ministry of power would be having a forum at the Senate very soon. NERC would clock 10 in October and i think there should be continuity in system even if the tenure of this present commission is not renewed. Imagine how much NERC would have paid to Restral regarding the consultation fees for recruitment. Are you now insinuating that the whole money would be wasted in the event that this recruitment process is cancelled? @Brosiye99

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) Currently Recruiting / Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 / Nigerian Navy Recruiting Graduates!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.