Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

France New Visa Process - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / France New Visa Process (57884 Views)

New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States / US Announces New Visa Processing For Nigeria / Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: France New Visa Process by dotcomnamename: 12:14pm On Dec 13, 2015
A friend of my has expired South Africa passport and he used it once. This a guy that work with Insurance company, married and has landed property, he applied for French vis and was refused despite the fact that he provided all the required documents including full paid hotel reservation. He applied for Irish visa to visit Dublin for 2 weeks and he was granted visa 3 months recently. Similar case happened to a lady church member she was advised to apply to Greece and she got her Schengen at the Greece embassy after French refusal twice. I don't know whats wrong with this French Embassy. Whats so special in their country sef. Nonsense. Mtchew
Re: France New Visa Process by greeners222(m): 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2015
@def: I'm assuming u got yourself the Visa by now. I didn't hear anything from you.. please any update? Or are u already in France for the Conference. Hola

2 Likes

Re: France New Visa Process by Kayhummer(m): 11:51pm On Dec 19, 2015
greeners222:
@Kayhummer: I think France is just refusing Base on no fact. They just don't want people in there country. But I'm yet to understand one thing. I applied for France too since Nov 30th and I'm yet to hear from them. You said u applied on Dec 2nd and got refused Dec 7th. That was so quick. That's what is baffling me now cos am yet to hear anything on mine and I applied before u. About the appeal I would suggest u just forget about it. This people won't get back at you in due time so just forget about it
stay positive application that spend more time stand better chances they may be investigating your application base on information submitted, so I will say stay positive, the vfs guy told me any application that stay longer stand a better chance of being granted the visa than when they return ur application immediately
Re: France New Visa Process by greeners222(m): 2:51am On Dec 23, 2015
@def111 you still didnt tell us about your visa application out come. Is it that you've got it??
Re: France New Visa Process by blessedfavoured: 9:03pm On Dec 23, 2015
Re: France New Visa Process by MRBrownJ: 6:06pm On Dec 24, 2015
blessedfavoured:
Mrbrownj

Hi
I saw your old posts from years ago about French suburbs that are cheaper for students.

Can you please recommend any close to the 6th arrondissement, that's where my school is. One that doesn't cost too much, I don't mind traveling 30mins or a bit more to school, I mean I do worse in Lagos, so It shouldn't be that hard.
I haven't seen any studio less than €800, and that's like 80 of what I'd be getting monthly. I REALLY need to stretch my money, I can't afford that much on rent.

Thank you.

hi, where exactly in the 6th Arrondissements will you study? this can make a big difference, because if you are close to St Michel RER then you have easy access to 2 RER lines (B and C) but if you are more on the south part of the 6th Arrondissement (close to Luxembourg/Port Royal) then you have just the RER B. as you probably already know, the RER is the fast metro line that only stops at main areas and go all the way to the suburbs quicker.

so for example, from Luxembourg station (RER B), you can get to southern suburbs of Paris called Arcueil Cachan (10mins), Bagneux (12mins), Sceaux (17mins), Fontenay aux roses (19mins), Massy (20mins) and Anthony (20mins). you can also get to northern suburbs of paris like La Courneuve (16mins), Aubervilliers (16mins), Drancy (21mins), Le Bourget (19mins), and the ever populaire Aulnay sous Bois in less than 30mins ride

from St Michel station (RER C), you can get to southern suburbs of Paris called Ivry sur seine (11mins) and Vitry sur seine (13mins), Choisy le Roi (19mins), Issy les moulineaux (20mins)and Meudon (22mins)

these are all paces that are within the "zone 3" of the metro network (apart from Massy and Aulnay s/ Bois in zone4), because the further you go, the more expensive the fare will be.... but in all the places i mentionned above, you can easily find studios for 500€ top (or less). also you may want to look for shared apt where you could be closer within Paris and with your own room.

btw, within 10 mins i was able to find many places in the middle of Paris (let alone the suburbs) for less than 500€. here:
www.pap.fr/annonces/appartement-paris-16e-r409200724
www.pap.fr/annonces/appartement-paris-12e-r408900019
www.pap.fr/annonces/appartement-paris-16e-r405801645
www.leboncoin.fr/locations/897375591.htm?ca=12_s
http://www.explorimmo.com/annonce-7567966.html
http://www.explorimmo.com/annonce-7604054.html
http://www.explorimmo.com/annonce-7701236.html
http://www.explorimmo.com/annonce-7809776.html
http://www.explorimmo.com/annonce-7547896.html
http://www.explorimmo.com/annonce-7820944.html

actually, the site explorimmo has no less than 25 studios for less than 500€ in Paris!!!!

and 400€ or less in the suburb, here:
http://www.logic-immo.com/detail-location-6e81d8b6-cc7f-1526-ee71-3a503aa165f2.htm
http://www.leboncoin.fr/locations/900797200.htm?ca=12_s
Re: France New Visa Process by blessedfavoured: 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2015
Re: France New Visa Process by MRBrownJ: 9:24pm On Dec 24, 2015
blessedfavoured:
Thank you thank you mrbrownj.
I've been using parisstay and paris attitude.
The closest station to my school is saint germain des pres ....

I did look into finding a collocation, but most had shared room written in the description, I don't mind sharing a flat but not a room.

Thank you so much for the links... I am so grateful. You've just saved a life! cheesy
Now I need to figure out how to contact them(agents) with my struggle french.

you are welcome, and dont worry, although many agents/owners dont like to speak English, they will understand if you write to them in English.
both sites you mentioned above are orientated towards tourists coming for a short stay in France, while you need to look for apts where locals do.
your school is about 1 metro stop from St Michel RER station, which is better for you then, as you have more options of where to stay, a short public transport ride away

as for shared apartement with your own private room (colocation in French), are generally more expensive because the flat is fully furnished etc, check these following sites:
www.chambrealouer.com
www.lacartedescolocs.fr/colocations/ile-de-france/paris
http://autroisieme.com/search/category,colocation/location,Paris--France

or FB groups:
colocation paris
Paris Colocation
Plan Appart Coloc à Paris / Appartoo
PARIS: Location appartement, Colocation, Sous-location
Re: France New Visa Process by greeners222(m): 1:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
France visa got refused
the information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable

What does this means. This France I think they just they para please which other schengen visa sure Italy or Greece. And when can someone apply again for Schengen??
Re: France New Visa Process by dotcomnamename: 1:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
greeners222:
France visa got refused
the information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable

What does this means. This France I think they just they para please which other schengen visa sure Italy or Greece. And when can someone apply again for Schengen??

I don tell una many times, France dey bounce people anyhow. Even their appeal office sef na ignore dem dey always ignore at the end... Go apply to Greece, Greece go give u visa sharp sharp! undecided

1 Like

Re: France New Visa Process by greeners222(m): 3:06pm On Jan 06, 2016
Can one submit Greece application Via VFS at Lekki as well, and when is one suppose to apply to any Schengen after being refused.
Re: France New Visa Process by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
@greeners222 if your reason for visit is genuine and substantial, then go to the German Consulate with all the documents listed on their website.

I got my Schengen business visa fours business days after the interview.

2 Likes

Re: France New Visa Process by dotcomnamename: 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:
@greeners222 if your reason for visit is genuine and substantial, then go to the German Consulate with all the documents listed on their website.

I got my Schengen business visa fours business days after the interview.

You are right. Germany will give him visa too. He should try Greece and Germany
Re: France New Visa Process by greeners222(m): 12:25am On Jan 07, 2016
Do I need to apply to that same Lekki vfs for germany or greece, and when is the right time to apply after being refused... I got passport 4th of jan 2016 and the stamp on i was dec 1st 2015, I submitted 31st of dec 2015, which indicate this france people dont even treat applications.., anyway I would try greece of france, but when is the right time to lodge application and is it that same vfs at lekki?
Re: France New Visa Process by greeners222(m): 1:08am On Jan 07, 2016
And please I need the official website for Greece vfs so I can read the requirements and print out the application forms
Re: France New Visa Process by EhiAik: 12:23pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hello

I visited greece embassy website and found out they are asking for 3 years bank statement. 3 years is that a mistake or what. thank you

dotcomnamename:
A friend of my has expired South Africa passport and he used it once. This a guy that work with Insurance company, married and has landed property, he applied for French vis and was refused despite the fact that he provided all the required documents including full paid hotel reservation. He applied for Irish visa to visit Dublin for 2 weeks and he was granted visa 3 months recently. Similar case happened to a lady church member she was advised to apply to Greece and she got her Schengen at the Greece embassy after French refusal twice. I don't know whats wrong with this French Embassy. Whats so special in their country sef. Nonsense. Mtchew
Re: France New Visa Process by Tobigo12: 8:19am On Dec 16, 2016
Hello house, Please i need your candid advice. I am a student that will soon be going for NYSC. My 2 Uncles , A sister and grandmother is in Belgium and they want me in Belgium for 1 month after my NYSC but they clearly told me it not easy to enter Belgium as most visa applications are refused. I searched the Internet to verify this and i discovered they're 100% right but they're telling me maybe if i can get someone to send me a letter of invitation from Italy or France (We have family members there though) but am scared of been denied at either of these embassies. I am a student, I don't have good bank statement, I don't have a travel experience and do I have to show my bank statement if my Uncles are sponsoring me by using their own bank statement)... And which schengen visa is easy to get between Italy, France and Germany. Thank you
Re: France New Visa Process by ladylco: 12:34pm On Jan 24, 2017
dotcomnamename:

You are right. Germany will give him visa too. He should try Greece and Germany

Please who has applied for Greece visa, please share the process
Re: France New Visa Process by ladylco: 12:44pm On Jan 24, 2017
greeners222:
Can one submit Greece application Via VFS at Lekki as well, and when is one suppose to apply to any Schengen after being refused.

Please who has applied for Greece visa, please share the process

1 Like

Re: France New Visa Process by favoredgal: 10:22am On May 12, 2017
ladylco...so whic did you finally apply to and how long did it take
Re: France New Visa Process by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 15, 2018
NelsonNayo:
13th of may to 23rd of may is just 10days sir that has been the normal duration fromtime. appointments are normally scheduled longtime ahead to give you time to prepare your docs. . I'm a student in France and i got my Visa at first attempt tho it was a hectic process, just hav all your papers ready and be straight fwd and ull get your visa. And the French in france funny enuf don't really know Nigeria, they keep mixing us with Niger. so its wrong to say they dont like Nigerians. Normally it takes 10 days, but if your VISA is positive you would get a call from the embassy telling you to come and pick up your passport like 5days after your biometrics... if you have to wait the whole 10days to go to vfs, its either your visa was denied or they couldn't reach you. plus are you applying from Abuja or LAGOS?
. Hello bro nice write up, please I need you to enlighten me more, as am a serving corp member now, I would be rounding up in June, and I have already started processing my Student Visa to France, the issue is my inlaw stays in France and got somebody there who handles students visa there in France too, I want to know would it be possible for the person. To be in France and then pay my school fees and process every other stuffs for me then ask me to go for my interview here in Nigeria after the school have accepted me? Please urgent reply okay cos I have sent my school fees to him today already.thanks bro.
Re: France New Visa Process by Veyy: 3:56pm On Nov 08, 2021
Hello guys. Please I got admission on one of the Poland university. But getting appointment for visa interview has been very difficult. I want to ask, is it possible to apply for any Schengen tourist visa, then if granted, and I get to the country, can I use it to go to Poland for my studies? If yes!!
How do I go about it?
Which Schengen country do I need to apply for an easy visa granting?
Thanks
Re: France New Visa Process by CindyCC(f): 7:19pm On Apr 30, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

African Man Beats 2 Policemen In Milan, Italy, As He Resists Being Deported / My Journey From Nigeria To Dubai With Pictures / 9 Countries With The Highest Number Of Nuclear Warheads In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.