Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

France New Visa Process - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / France New Visa Process (57888 Views)

New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States / US Announces New Visa Processing For Nigeria / Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: France New Visa Process by dotcomnamename: 12:27am On May 17, 2013
gabrieli:

Actually, i am attending a childhood friend`s wedding in France and the couple made a case for me at the embassy. That made my case to be categorised as emmergency.

Other types of visit the embassy will probably categorise as emmergency will be business meeting trips and on health grounds.

And how many months they gave you?
Any previous visa before?
Re: France New Visa Process by coldgate(f): 10:43am On May 17, 2013
gabrieli:

1. Go to VFS with your all docs with their photocopies, U will get a tally number at the gate
2. The will call u in when it is your turn
3. U will get your docs pre screened at the first port of call, next u go for visa fees payment(within the same hall)
4. Finally u do biometrics.
T hey will give u your instruction date, meaning that your docs will be dispatched to the embassy, but, will not be processed until the date on your instruction sheet, from the instr. date u will still need to add 10 days before your decision from them.

Note: If you had planned to travel in may or june 2013, don`t bother to go their because the ealiest intruction date is already at earlier july 2013. This is realy crazy, french embassy will hold your docs for 2months b4 u get thier decision.

I was there to submit on 29th April, the instruction date given to me is june 24th, i had planned to travel by 1st July, see me see wahala oooo.
I was also there on the 29th of April foe submission and biometrics. Instruction date was 24th June. I intend to travel July 1st. However, I went ahead to submit because my Husband and Children need to attend a wedding in France. I got a text message on 13/05/13 which is just two weeks after to come for collection. We were all given multiple visas. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Re: France New Visa Process by dotcomnamename: 12:04pm On May 17, 2013
coldgate:
I was also there on the 29th of April foe submission and biometrics. Instruction date was 24th June. I intend to travel July 1st. However, I went ahead to submit because my Husband and Children need to attend a wedding in France. I got a text message on 13/05/13 which is just two weeks after to come for collection. We were all given multiple visas. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Any travel experience before? Any visa on ur pali before?
Re: France New Visa Process by gabrieli(m): 2:26pm On May 17, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

And how many months they gave you?
Any previous visa before?

I filled in the form that i want to spend 10 days during the trip, single entry, but, they issued 1 month visa multiple entry.
don`t have valid visa on my present passport, made photocopies of the expired ones on my old passport, but, the VFS staff removed them during pre-screening of my documents. Out of four of us, only my duagther still had her expired UK visa on her present passport.
Re: France New Visa Process by favoredgal: 2:52pm On May 17, 2013
Picked up my visa, was given 6 months, multiple entry. Cheers
Re: France New Visa Process by nodawa(m): 4:10pm On May 17, 2013
Congrats to you @ favour gal
Re: France New Visa Process by favoredgal: 4:26pm On May 17, 2013
nodawa: Congrats to you @ favour gal

thanks
Re: France New Visa Process by gabrieli(m): 4:56pm On May 17, 2013
favored gal:

Picked up my visa, was given 6 months, multiple entry. Cheers

Congrat, we hope to see more of such good news from nairalanders that have, about to or planning to apply
Re: France New Visa Process by favoredgal: 5:09pm On May 17, 2013
gabrieli:

Congrat, we hope to see more of such good news from nairalanders that have, about to or planning to apply

thanks
Re: France New Visa Process by coldgate(f): 7:25pm On May 17, 2013
Yes. I had expired uk visas. Congrats Favored gal! More good news on the forum.
Re: France New Visa Process by favoredgal: 2:26pm On May 27, 2013
off to paris tomorrow
Re: France New Visa Process by jt2010: 3:21pm On May 27, 2013
Hi Guys,

Just got my own 3 months visa now. I submitted on April 04 for single entry but i was given 3 month multipy.
Re: France New Visa Process by favoredgal: 4:18pm On May 27, 2013
jt2010: Hi Guys,

Just got my own 3 months visa now. I submitted on April 04 for single entry but i was given 3 month multipy.

nice
Re: France New Visa Process by gabrieli(m): 5:11pm On May 27, 2013
jt2010: Hi Guys,

CONGRATS
Re: France New Visa Process by gabrieli(m): 5:15pm On May 27, 2013
favored gal: off to paris tomorrow

For stay or for holiday? i will be leaving with my family in the first week of july, how i wish i can fast-track that date.
Re: France New Visa Process by favoredgal: 11:48am On May 28, 2013
gabrieli:

For stay or for holiday? i will be leaving with my family in the first week of july, how i wish i can fast-track that date.

holiday going to paris - venice - rome and london all in 2 weeks
Re: France New Visa Process by dammyklein(f): 2:10pm On May 28, 2013
please how can i go about applying for a student visa to france..what procedure will i follow to get this down on time cus have been given adminssion to sch in unicaen.wen is d best time to apply cus sch resumes september.please your advise will be appreciated..
Re: France New Visa Process by gabrieli(m): 2:19pm On May 28, 2013
[quote author=favored gal]

holiday going to paris - venice - rome and london all in 2 weeks[/quote

kool, will do holiday in paris, attend a friend`s wedding ceremony in vannes and then round off the holiday in paris before returning to naija, all within 2 weeks too. Wishing u a safe, interesting and memorable trip.
Re: France New Visa Process by MAITEMA(m): 6:10am On May 31, 2013
gabrieli:

1. Go to VFS with your all docs with their photocopies, U will get a tally number at the gate
2. The will call u in when it is your turn
3. U will get your docs pre screened at the first port of call, next u go for visa fees payment(within the same hall)
4. Finally u do biometrics.
T hey will give u your instruction date, meaning that your docs will be dispatched to the embassy, but, will not be processed until the date on your instruction sheet, from the instr. date u will still need to add 10 days before your decision from them.

Note: If you had planned to travel in may or june 2013, don`t bother to go their because the ealiest intruction date is already at earlier july 2013. This is realy crazy, french embassy will hold your docs for 2months b4 u get thier decision.

I was there to submit on 29th April, the instruction date given to me is june 24th, i had planned to travel by 1st July, see me see wahala oooo.

Re: France New Visa Process by MAITEMA(m): 6:14am On May 31, 2013
gabrieli:

@Waleabimbola,
Pls, go through my previous post on this same tread, i am sure it will answer your question. In summary, submission and biometrics is now same day, same venue. But you will get an intruction date which may be up to 2 months or more, you may get an earlier date if your case is important eneough to be categorised as EMMERGENCY. Just walk in to the VFS office between 8,00am and 1.00pm monday to friday to submit. when i was there yesterday for collection, no crowd at all. u can get more info from www.france-ng.com

Re: France New Visa Process by justwise(m): 5:15pm On May 31, 2013
@blackchukky

Stop dropping people's contact details here.
Re: France New Visa Process by casidon: 6:32pm On May 31, 2013
hmmm, truel only God gives visa. I just wish i will tastify one day because i have applied for Netherlands under France. Visiting visa but on a virgin passport.Surely God has to make a way where there is none and all i can ask of nairalanders is prayers and posative wishes.thanks

1 Like

Re: France New Visa Process by casidon: 7:38pm On May 31, 2013
dammyklein: please how can i go about applying for a student visa to france..what procedure will i follow to get this down on time cus have been given adminssion to sch in unicaen.wen is d best time to apply cus sch resumes september.please your advise will be appreciated..

I will say you have to go to the embassy and ask them, if i tell you to browse their site now u might not be updated well, because most of us are now behind schedue for applying based on the info they give on the site, saying allow ur travel to 2months gap but make sure its not more than 3months gap but wen you follow that, you will get there to be told you are behind schedue. So go hear from the horses mouth. Dats my own mind,thanks.
Re: France New Visa Process by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 03, 2013
So ve bin reading d posts here bout d new france visa system here in Lagos, and decided to try Abuja. With Abuja, u hav to book an appointment date for submission of ur documents. I tried on Friday, only to be told dt d next appt date for submission of docs is 29th of August, I mean dts 3 whole months..

Does anyone know which oda schengen country is good to apply, also ws reading a post by -dotcom_na_me_na_me, bout Greek embassy, pls cn u shed more light on the process and timeframe dis, cs hardly any info online..

Tanks
Re: France New Visa Process by dotcomnamename: 11:41pm On Jun 03, 2013
Cutebabe20: So ve bin reading d posts here bout d new france visa system here in Lagos, and decided to try Abuja. With Abuja, u hav to book an appointment date for submission of ur documents. I tried on Friday, only to be told dt d next appt date for submission of docs is 29th of August, I mean dts 3 whole months..

Does anyone know which oda schengen country is good to apply, also ws reading a post by -dotcom_na_me_na_me, bout Greek embassy, pls cn u shed more light on the process and timeframe dis, cs hardly any info online..

Tanks

Don't near France pls... Go to Greek Embassy
Re: France New Visa Process by Nobody: 6:00am On Jun 04, 2013
Yh wts d process lik fr Greek embassy, u kip reffering to dem.. Dy dnt particularly seem to hv a very detailed site with info neither does google.. Wt docs do I need to provide, hw long does it take, etc
Re: France New Visa Process by gabrieli(m): 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
Due to the important increase of visa applications deposited for the Consulate of France, the deadlines of instruction of your file could set up till two months or more. Thank you for planning an extension being enough for putting down your application before date planned for your departure.

This is to inform all visa Applicants that after applying at VFS, you will have your biometrics enrolled at the French Consulate the next working day at No. 1 Oyinkan Abayomi Drive, Ikoyi, Lagos until further notice. This is due to the technical hitches at the VFS France Visa Application Centre.

--- Learnt the biometric machine at VFS has been faulty since last week

SOURCE: VFS WEBSITE as at 05.06.13
Re: France New Visa Process by aagadeogun(m): 11:21am On Jul 03, 2013
[quote author=MAITEMA]

Please, I need advise from nairalanders on my pressing issues as per obtaining visa at the France embassy in Lagos. I got a Fellowship from Netherlands Government that covers everything (Stipends, return ticket, insurance, accomodation etc) for a short course betwwen 16-28th Sept 2013. I was at VFS on 26th June for submission of application and was told that the instruction date of my application will be 24th Sept.Already, my host institution has already booked a return ticket from 13th-28th Sept and insurance to cover the period of the 2-week short course.The implication of this is that may not be able to travel as scheduled by my institution. I was at the embassy for biometrics on 27th June. I explained the situation to the woman in charge and she asked me to send a mail to them explaining in detail my situation. I have done this on 1st July but up till now , my mail was neither acknowledged or replied. is there any hope of getting reply from them.? What else can I do to let the embassy know that my case is emergency as I cannot change the date of the short course which have been fixed a long time ago.? I have expired shengen and uk visas on my old passport that I submitted with the new one at the VFS centre. Kindly advise me on what to do as I dont want to loose this great opportunity,
Regards.
Re: France New Visa Process by gabrieli(m): 8:43am On Jul 10, 2013
[quote author=aagadeogun][/quote]

@aagadeogun,

If you can make the organisers of your programme in Netherland to write french embassy a mail regarding the urgency, that may help quicken things. all the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

African Man Beats 2 Policemen In Milan, Italy, As He Resists Being Deported / My Journey From Nigeria To Dubai With Pictures / 9 Countries With The Highest Number Of Nuclear Warheads In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.