Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh (20904 Views)

Sunday Oliseh At Bayern Munich Stadium ( Allianz Arena) / Sunday Oliseh, Invites 23 Players For Tanzania Match / The Craziest,most Ridiculous Cars Owned By Sports Stars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by Paulaok4(f): 12:24pm On Apr 09, 2013
Raypawer: This applies to all individuals if u want to stay rich. Esp Financial Education which was earlier talked about by Robert Kiyosaki in his book RICH DAD, POOR DAD, RETIRE YOUNG RETIRE $ RICH... Its so educative..
I heard the writer is broke now.

1 Like

Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by sirmseen(m): 12:26pm On Apr 09, 2013
Good write up. Oliseh is also a good sports analyst. I hope he is rich though.
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by brixton: 12:26pm On Apr 09, 2013
Reyspin: I doubt if this piece originated from Sunday Oliseh..I never know him to this smart..But this piece is a very insightful advice for our footballer..

then you know 'NOTHING'

2 Likes

Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by Paulaok4(f): 12:27pm On Apr 09, 2013
KingPradas: Why are still some rich, after their retirement look at Zidane.
He never said all become poor, only that those who lose their great wealth do so because they lacked the financial know how to handle it, especailly after the huge earnings stop.
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by brixton: 12:28pm On Apr 09, 2013
honeric01: Nigerian players that won't smell bankrupty:

Keshi
Mikel
Kanu
OKocha
Garbal Lawal
OLiseh
Enyeama
Yobo
Olofinjana.

These guys know what money management is all abou

Okocha?
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by honeric01(m): 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2013
brixton:

Okocha?

Yes Okocha. Do you know what we don't know?
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 09, 2013
Wetin concern Taribo West? Afterall e play the ball as granny grin
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by oddy4real(m): 1:10pm On Apr 09, 2013

Keshi
Mikel
Kanu
OKocha
Garbal Lawal
OLiseh
Enyeama
Yobo
Olofinjana.

Yakubu Aiyegbeni.
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by efe22(m): 1:11pm On Apr 09, 2013
Cut frivolous spending and adopt good money management style. Not just only sports men but to every persons who wants to be financially sound through out his life time. Remember to whom much is given much is required.

1 Like

Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by chitexy: 1:28pm On Apr 09, 2013
Sunday Oliseh is financially intelligent, during match preview he used Finance to give example of the game of play. Tell him to watch pre and post match preview of AFCON and listen to Oliseh's speech. I vividly remembered he made statement of poor financial intelligence to most African players. He also said about the norms in Africa 'once you are in limelight you need to carter for your extended family'
honeric01:

You know little about oliseh.
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by dude(m): 1:29pm On Apr 09, 2013
Nice piece. Quite revealing. Like someone said here, the piece can be imbibed across board.Much as the reasons and lessons listed seem very simple, many folks still make those obvious and makes-no-sense-at-all expenditures that is not in the interest of their 'eventual and entire' life. Nice piece again
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by porka: 2:43pm On Apr 09, 2013
Reyspin: I doubt if this piece originated from Sunday Oliseh..I never know him to this smart..But this piece is a very insightful advice for our footballer..

You can do yourself a big favour by requesting for Sunday's analysis on SuperSports at the just concluded AFCON.

He was superb.

Sunday has already reportedly joined the FIFA technically committee.

Go figure!

3 Likes

Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by Ademore(m): 2:43pm On Apr 09, 2013
The thread is subjected to everyone's reflections. Good one CASH MGT PORTFO.
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by ddippset(m): 2:46pm On Apr 09, 2013
How rich is oiseh? Anybody?
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by honeric01(m): 2:50pm On Apr 09, 2013
ddippset: How rich is oiseh? Anybody?

rich enough to own houses in nigeria, the us and germany.

Has businesses too and if you look at him, you'd see the signs of 'wealth' on his person. His pride and arrogance too is a tip.
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by jpworld(m): 3:16pm On Apr 09, 2013
I have seen this same stuff on yahoo news last week, Oliseh only cut and join few words about Africans...

1 Like

Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by beordune(m): 3:32pm On Apr 09, 2013
Wow,what a piece; i pray the youth of Nigeria,mostly, my friends with cool wealth will just be wise now...Igba o lo bi oorere!
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by sunnyt1(m): 3:35pm On Apr 09, 2013
He jst borrowed my drift. I always tell people, say u are 30yrs old now and u gonna live for 90 yrs, it means u still have double d number of years u have lived, u still hv 60 yrs, so plan it well.

The points he raised are applicable to every livingthing, except for those who wana feed on odas. Everyday i tell mysef i can neva be poor and i work towards it.
Everythin u need to live a comfortable life had been pushed in ur direction by God, its left to you to manage it.
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by Venchy: 3:35pm On Apr 09, 2013
Typical money miss road them.

I think this is a good reminder for everyone doing YANFU YANFU, always trying to impress all the time.

Please choose your friends wisely and learn from the BEST.

Follow Follow No Good ooo.

Cameroon footballer (Jemba Jemba) followed the big boys at MAN U and later became bankrupt, I also heard OBA GOAL was harassing his agent for money while playing for NEWCASTLE, this are nothing but SAD
stories

Shine your eyes oo and pray for God guidance because we Nigerian likes prayer, pray in your house oo, in the corner of your Bedroom, not all this Skimmers as Pastors
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by dayokanu(m): 4:07pm On Apr 09, 2013
Well written piece

I didnt know Aranxta Sanchez and Steffi Graf were broke
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by Lake04side(m): 4:42pm On Apr 09, 2013
if u Watch oliseh on supersport durin afcon2013 den u wil no he's an inteligent man
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 09, 2013
hidden
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 09, 2013

Keshi
Mikel
Kanu
OKocha
Garbal Lawal
OLiseh
Enyeama
Yobo
Olofinjana.

I know about Okocha but not the rest of the guys on that list..

The guy is real mr Araldite/superglue,once he grabs that money,boko haram bomb no fit blow am off his digits.

Dont even make him suspect you were about to beg him for some change,he would claim that he lost his phone,then strip search you just to make sure he didnt give you that N50 molue transport fare.

4 Likes

Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by chris51(f): 5:13pm On Apr 09, 2013
This is a good & realistic advice.
The write up is to help everybody.
It simply means "let us prepare for the raining day"
God bless Oliseh & please let this piece reach young sports people before they get intoxicated with wealth
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by grandstar(m): 5:30pm On Apr 09, 2013
I agree with a lot that Oliseh said.

If I too were young, I would probably make the same mistakes.

The best advise I will give any uprising start now is to invest in land( The appreciation is awesome), build block of flats and perhaps invest in shares.

Make it a goal to invest half your earnings after tax. Nothing less will do. By the time one retires, there will be a good nest egg waiting.
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 09, 2013
I know the feeling of hitting big money too fast when young.
I made a lot of stupid mistakes...spent too much. YahoozieTinz...only for the [big] money to stop and I was left traumatized and with nothing "solid" to take out of the experience. See me that used to marvel how guys like Wesley Snipes got bankrupt, was now walking the same line. grin

I learnt my lesson about a year ago.
Things will be done better. And I thank God for the lesson now, because I know big things are coming in the years to come...if Christ tarries.
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by kennydee05(m): 6:35pm On Apr 09, 2013
'Football is not forever. At 35 you retire and I want something to be able to do in another career.’---Seyi Olofinjana
That's why I respect Olofinjana a lot...With God on his side I can bet Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ with .̸Ɣõú.̸Ϟ.̸-̶̶.-̶̶. The guy can never go broke.
A footballer with M.Sc. In chemical engineering just love the guy...
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by kennydee05(m): 6:42pm On Apr 09, 2013

Keshi
Mikel
Kanu
OKocha
Garbal Lawal
OLiseh
Enyeama
Yobo
Olofinjana.

Olofinjana is the number one Nigeria footballer that will never smell bankruptcy because the guy has made right decision in acquiring qualitative education....
After retirement the guy can tender his M.Sc. Certificate for employment in multinational engineering firM....wishing Ƴöů best of luck Olofinjana.
Other players should mentor him!!!
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by honeric01(m): 6:48pm On Apr 09, 2013
gbosaa:

I know about Okocha but not the rest of the guys on that list..

The guy is real mr Araldite/superglue,once he grabs that money,boko haram bomb no fit blow am off his digits.

Dont even make him suspect you were about to beg him for some change,he would claim that he lost his phone,then strip search you just to make sure he didnt give you that N50 molue transport fare.

Hehehe, then that makes him an ultra-money manager with a magnetic hand. Maybe after losing his savings to Savannah Bank, he just doesn't want any of his cash getting into any Nigerian's hands. grin
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by honeric01(m): 6:52pm On Apr 09, 2013
kennydee05:
Olofinjana is the number one Nigeria footballer that will never smell bankruptcy because the guy has made right decision in acquiring qualitative education....
After retirement the guy can tender his M.Sc. Certificate for employment in multinational engineering firM....wishing Ƴöů best of luck Olofinjana.
Other players should mentor him!!!

Yes, very sound and he's good with money too.

Same with Garba Lawal, ever since he stopped playing football, he's been succeeding in his business path. (Got a degree in accounting).

Vincent Enyeama is another player that invested in Education, so i believe he's got future plans too after football.

As for Aiyegbeni, i heard he's into Real estate, same with Osaze.

Mikel is into Entertainment while Yobo is into football academy/sports management.
Re: Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh by NLGwoodey: 7:09pm On Apr 09, 2013
My favourite quote from Mike Tyson

"No matter how hard you work to make your money, there are people who work twice
as hard to separate you from your money"

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal / Neymar Returns To Training After 3 Months Injury (Photos) / Manchester City 'Make Enquiry Over Victor Osimhen Move'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.