Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player (15567 Views)

Photos From Joseph Yobo's Big Centenary / Joseph Yobo Poses With His Two Sons / Joseph Yobo Chases Mother-in-law From Home - National Enquirer Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by victorD3: 3:44pm On Apr 05, 2013
Can't you imagine captain Akpors! Just when I feel keshi was stupid playing him in critical matches during nations cup. He's not even good anymore.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by PlanMan1: 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2013
Naija pipo always leave the fact; Yobo is a captain. The coach dont run this team alone. Nothing stops the coach from calling his captain and discuss such issues of excluding him in the team. Let's not forget how Keshi behaved during his playing days ! Naija i hail thee !
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by jonot: 3:59pm On Apr 05, 2013
Yobo, you've been fantastic for Naija, always ready to answer the call to play. 3 gbosas for you. after all said & done, it's best to leave when the ovation is loudest. if i were you, i would have annouced my retirement, rather than coming across as a bitter captain. wink
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by jonot: 3:59pm On Apr 05, 2013
Yobo, you've been fantastic for Naija, always ready to answer the call to play. 3 gbosas for you. after all said & done, it's best to leave when the ovation is loudest. if i were you, i would have announced my retirement, rather than coming across as a bitter captain. wink
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by emmayoc: 4:02pm On Apr 05, 2013
Jay jay, kanu and co all retired honourably from SE so why can't dis yobo of a man undstnd dat his time has passed nd shld respect it himself. By the way, must Keshi pet him like a sucking baby or make him realise he shld retire as a hero. Does he not have his senses wit him? Abeg dis yobo talk is becoming anoying and if he's disgraced out dat will serve him right. He need to take his drugs
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by larimo(m): 4:03pm On Apr 05, 2013
This is the reason why Kanu remains a Nigerian hero and model in football. He was always committed to the Nigerian cause and was very respectful of authorities, even when he was not fit to play.

I can't understand the arrogance of these players. I agree that NFF is always a big let down for these players and Nigerian football in general, hence their need to speak out, but they just don't know how to package their concerns.

Yobo has been a faithful member of the eagles and should be recognised as such but he shouldn't allow moments of emotional rush to make him lose all that he has done for the Eagles.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by BrutusOj(m): 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2013
jagabanban: Yobo needs to understand that . . .

Players come and players go . . . Captains come and captains go . . . Its the team that remains.

However, I agree with his point that the head should ensure communication with his team. Its his sole responsibility! Most European managers do this. Whenever a 'supposed' top player is not relevant to them, they call you and let you know. "Dude, you are not within my plans for the team"

Thats the way it should be. No dilly-dally.
kindly call a spade a spade..The major isue here is disrespect to his position as d captain...Would Keshi die if he put a call tru to d captain of d team n let him knws dat he wudnt be needed for a game?I tink u all who rained insults on d outspoken Osaze can see his reasons for goin mad at Keshi
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 05, 2013
Kulas: Lets all be sincere in making comments. For me,Keshi is very wrong.Truly many Nigerians including me have seen that Yobo is depreciating going by his poor performance in the last AFCON and young players like Kenneth Omeruo and others performed far more than him and are no doubts a good replacement for Yobo.I agreed.Again,i see it that Keshi is finding it difficult to tell Yobo openly to go and rest,ie that he is no longer needed in the SE.He would have summon courage as a man and told him in a respectful way that he is no longer needed as he has found competence replacement for him which i believe most Nigerians will support him(Keshi) because we all see that Omeruo and co are far better than Yobo.If keshi had done it in this mature way,it would have given much respect to Yobo considering his position as Captain of the team.Like i said,i support that Yobo retire from SE,but let it be done with respect and not in a disgraceful way.
[b]

and what happens to yobo's common sense?
ok, he wants the coach to spell it out for him that he is now useless and shld retire from the national team right? wasn't he a part time player at the nations cup?

he is a big fool for taking side with keshi when osaze voiced out and now its his turn and now understood properly what osaze was talking about abi?

no wonder he was described as a coward captain who have watched things go wrong for decades and all of a sudden osaze now thought him how to be bold enough to speak out and not to be a perpetual sycophant just to be called a good and loyal captain- nw edon back fire.

u told osaze that we cant continue to pamper him and that he should grow up and move on, im using same words for u now mr yobo,we cant continue to accommodate your mediocrity and school boy errors ok- thanks for everything and the trophy-less years you have captained this nation not until nw were u lifted the trophy as a part time player.
its time for u to move on.
goodbye yobo. its our duty to retire you by force from the national team since you don't want to retire.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by ddippset(m): 4:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
Shey it's because of oboabuna and omerua that we are all ranting ungratefully like this. Boys who have not been tested beyond one competition, with. The biggest teams they have met being a mali team and a perpetually under achieving ivory coast. I swear on this same nairaland, omeruwa and oboabuna shaLl be insulted very soon. Yes we won afcon but that pair remains untested let's stop blsting yobo. Yobo is our most experieced defender. Good coches would still take at least 2 or 3 experienced papas to the world cup talkless of naija. We are not exactly spain, germany or brazil but here we are making noise about oboabuna and omeruwa. Ha! Jungle go soon maature. Yobo and osaze were always our loyal and darling players, very dedicated. Osaze even won the ait player of the year for his commitment and loyalty. Something went wrong along the line. As for we nigerians we are here siding with keshi, his own day of yabbing is around the corner. Which coach wey we never yab for this country? Osaze and yobo couldn't have become the devils all so suddenly all of us would behave like our typical nff and president in positions of power.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 05, 2013
ddippset: Shey it's because of oboabuna and omerua that we are all ranting ungratefully like this. Boys who have not been tested beyond one competition, with. The biggest teams they have met being a mali team and a perpetually under achieving ivory coast. I swear on this same nairaland, omeruwa and oboabuna shaLl be insulted very soon. Yes we won afcon but that pair remains untested let's stop blsting yobo. Yobo is our most experieced defender. Good coches would still take at least 2 or 3 experienced papas to the world cup talkless of naija. We are not exactly spain, germany or brazil but here we are making noise about oboabuna and omeruwa. Ha! Jungle go soon maature. Yobo and osaze were always our loyal and darling players, very dedicated. Osaze even won the ait player of the year for his commitment and loyalty. Something went wrong along the line. As for we nigerians we are here siding with keshi, his own day of yabbing is around the corner. Which coach wey we never yab for this country? Osaze and yobo couldn't have become the devils all so suddenly all of us would behave like our typical nff and president in positions of power.

Man, just look at wat u saying.
You talk shi**t
I am tempted to say you are a big fo*ol, but i reserve my comment

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by ddippset(m): 4:52pm On Apr 05, 2013
mobuch:

Man, just look at wat u saying.
You talk shi**t
I am tempted to say you are a big fo*ol, but i reserve my comment
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.you got a great sense of humour, everyone's laughing. You are a f00l's f00l.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by dammytosh: 4:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
Osaze must be laughing hard right now.

I join him

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The same thing Osaze said that : It is not fair that you come and meet me that we want to build your team and you never informed me when the plan changed just for me to know that i am not in your list when it was published.

Take it or leave it, I now reason with Osaze. The same Leadership problem that has crippled the country is crippling the super eagles.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by ddippset(m): 4:57pm On Apr 05, 2013
We don see omerua and oboabuna yobo don become scrap! In some civiized society the coach would even TRAVEL, NOT CALL BUT TRAVEL to see yobo and have a discussion with him. And here we are blasting yobo. In this country our super eagles get injured and are abandoned, they retire and die of neglect and misery. So why am I even surprised about this issue?
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by landinfo: 5:10pm On Apr 05, 2013
Kx: Dis is unacceptable from a national team captain.
Can he try dis at his club?

Osaze has bn proven right in his tweeter rants wrt to yobos captaincy.
Abbey2sam: Space booked, be back soon...

Yeah I'm back,

Why do nigerians always criticise their players...
First Osaze
Now Yobo

I love this players
omiobo: So Osaze is right
brixton: Lol @ Osaze was right! Yobo don c say 'no conditn de parmanent'
Pray: So Osaze was right then! Ehen......
BrutusOj: kindly call a spade a spade..The major isue here is disrespect to his position as d captain...Would Keshi die if he put a call tru to d captain of d team n let him knws dat he wudnt be needed for a game?I tink u all who rained insults on d outspoken Osaze can see his reasons for goin mad at Keshi
these are the phoolish statements i saw on the thread...& then u wonda why the same osaze we rejected is now a BIG DISGRAZE TO WESBROM.
Smh 4 some stupid reasoning...abeg who be osaze?
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Walexsammy(m): 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2013
Most of u here are jst talking trash, d guy is nt saying dey must play him, rather his angry over the lack of communication in the team..........na wa for una ooo
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by landinfo: 5:21pm On Apr 05, 2013
ddippset: Shey it's because of oboabuna and omerua that we are all ranting ungratefully like this. Boys who have not been tested beyond one competition, with. The biggest teams they have met being a mali team and a perpetually under achieving ivory coast. I swear on this same nairaland, omeruwa and oboabuna shaLl be insulted very soon. Yes we won afcon but that pair remains untested let's stop blsting yobo. Yobo is our most experieced defender. Good coches would still take at least 2 or 3 experienced papas to the world cup talkless of naija. We are not exactly spain, germany or brazil but here we are making noise about oboabuna and omeruwa. Ha! Jungle go soon maature. Yobo and osaze were always our loyal and darling players, very dedicated. Osaze even won the ait player of the year for his commitment and loyalty. Something went wrong along the line. As for we nigerians we are here siding with keshi, his own day of yabbing is around the corner. Which coach wey we never yab for this country? Osaze and yobo couldn't have become the devils all so suddenly all of us would behave like our typical nff and president in positions of power.
as far as am concerned this quoted statement waz phoolish/insensible ...guy tell me how does playas grow? Is it by sittin on the bench or by playin? The same yobo got the chance when odas were dropped 4 his sake in yr 2001/2002.
U are fan of barca so tell mi how ronaldinho/eto/deco waz dropped for odas lyk messi,iniesta, to grow etc. itz a piti dat ur lyks are sayin we won the afcon by luck also tell mi how obauboana/omeruo & oda defendas will grow wen the lyks of yobo are refusin to know wen to quit
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by vislabraye(m): 5:37pm On Apr 05, 2013
Goke7:

But there are still friendly games ahead of which he can still make that feat, I think the guy is just been too hasty and not willing to understand, we cannot risk our very important games because of some recording breaking adventure.

You've made a lot of sense.

Its usually hard for a player to swallow it when another younger player is replacing him. Yobo should understand and he shouldn't be hasty to go to the public.
Fact is that Yobo being on the bench in the tournament was the best decision Keshi made. And if Keshi has found some1 better, shouldn't Keshi play him ahead of Yobo?
What Keshi did also happened to him. The last time SE lifted the trophy, Keshi was on the bench. Keshi didn't play much game in the USA94 world cup.
What I understand is that players would always have egos. May be Keshi should carry them along, but that shouldn't stop him from doing what he ought to do.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by free2ryhme: 5:45pm On Apr 05, 2013
uni-kazzy:
Skipper Joseph Yobo has said that Coach Stephen Keshi cannot make him a part-time player in the Super Eagles. He opens up a can of worms in this interview.

We learnt that you were not happy that you were not fielded in the last game against Kenya. What really happened?

Before people get it twisted, I said and I repeat that nobody communicated with me that I was not going to play against kenya. Nobody communicated to me at all. This is not about Joseph Yobo. This is about the position of the captain of the national team and there should be respect for that position.

There are so many things that happened that I was not happy with but I chose to keep quiet. But I am keeping all that for my documentary. I have been to many Nations Cup and played for over a decade and a lot of things have happened. A lot of things happened at the Nations Cup and I did not talk about them.

When it happened again and I did not get a phone call, I was like saying to myself , here we go again. It is not like I have not experienced such before , I have, but if it keeps coming, there is only so much that I can take and I had to put things straight.

I am not interested in making trouble with anybody but right now, I’m only speaking out because I have had enough.

The coach, Keshi, said that after the Nations Cup in South Africa, that he had a meeting with you and told you that in subsequent matches that he was going to be calling you for some while leaving you out of others. Is it true?

There is absolutely no truth in that statement. After the Nations Cup, he did not call me to say that some games I will play and some games, I would not play. It is absolutely untrue.

I am on top of my game right now, I am a top of my career and I am playing in the Europa Cup. If I’m not that good, I won’t be playing in this competition. This is not about football. This is about principles. Why is Keshi trying to make a part-time player.? If that is his decision, fine but I won’t accept and respect that decision, but if he feels that he does not need me and he tells me that, I would respect that decision. But to say that he called to inform me of his plans, no that is not true.

[size=13pt]I cannot agree to be a part-time player for the national team. If I’m not fit to play or good enough to play, I personally would opt out. I have a reputation to protect. Nigeria is so huge , we have so much talents and as a player, its difficult to come out there and put your head out for competition. So if I am not ready and fit enough, I would say it myself.[/size]

When you saw this, did you bother to call the coach to clear the air?

No, I feel and believe that the coach as the leader, should be able to call his players.

Vincent Enyeama said that you are still the captain of the team but the coach thinks otherwise, so don’t you see a crisis in the team?

In the Super Eagles, to tell you the truth, a lot of things happened in the team that people don’t know about. Players go through a lot, we make a lot of sacrifice but when something goes wrong a bit, we get crucified, even when we are not at fault. A lot of things happened at the Nations Cup in South Africa. A lot of things also happened at our Faro camp, which people don’t know. But because we are adults, we keep these things to ourselves. These things are not good at all but we allow things to lie low.

Communication seems to be a big problem in the Super Eagles. First, Osaze complained, then Emenike also complained and now you are coming out to complain. Everybody blamed Osaze for his twitter rage but what do you think is going on.

There is absolutely a communication breakdown in the national team. If you are in a position of authority, you have to take all the responsibilities. A lot of things go wrong in the national team and that’s it. All the time, they seem to sideline the players. Players are supposed to be communicated with, especially after a massive event.

They need to ask how we are getting on in our clubs, has your injury healed, what is going on with your wife but these things do not happen. We go back to our clubs, we do not hear from them. We are like children and we also have children, who look up to us. Can they do so to their children? As I said, there is a real communication breakdown in the Eagles.

Can you let Nigerians know some of the problems that happened in faro first and the Nations Cup because if you want to solve a problem, you need to know what the problems are.

As I said, it’s a lot of and I am saving them for my documentary. We won the Nations Cup, everybody participated to make it a success. The coaches played their roles, the backroom staff also did theirs, the NFF played their roles and the players also contributed their quota.

As the captain, I never thought I would go through the things that I went through to be able to put the team together. A lot of things happened but we had to put them aside so that we can achieve the victory in South Africa.

But people have forgotten that it was not done by one person. I have sacrificed and I do not want to see what I am
not supposed to see. This is my stand. The position of the captain should be respected and I am saying this because of the future. It is not about playing because players feel disrespected and ignored if they are not communicated with.

Is it true that you had a disagreement with Amokachi? What is the problem between you and Amokachi

I did not say there is a problem. You are telling me that but as I said , when the right time comes, I will talk. One thing I know is that I will always stand for the truth. I really do not care about the consequences and who is offended. If they say I should say the truth, I will always say the truth. I have never disrespected anybody in my career. In my 13 years of professional career, they have never fined me for a day , so that tells you the type of person that I am. So when I speak up, people should understand where I am coming from.

Is it true that you disagreed and made them to share money across board with everybody at the Nations Cup.

Yes, I think it was with some bonuses . These were incentives that were not part of the official NFF bonus. When incentives come like that, as the captain of the team, I approach the coaching crew and I think it was wise for me to do it.

Even for the backroom staff, who people did not see but they put in a lot of efforts for us to achieve what we did at the Nations Cup. So it was wise for us to share it equally, even if, it meant that I will take the least, because we are like a family and we are building a team spirit.

Some of the things you are saying now are so similar to what Osaze said, initially though, you said then that he was childish

Osaze is a wonderful person. We spoke recently. I just thought that Osaze presented his case probably at the wrong time and the wrong way. Yes, certain things that he said are true. Before the away game in Liberia, I called Osaze to let him know that I was aware of certain things which were not going well in the national team but told him that I needed his support as a senior player, we need him and his experience to build this team together. Some of the things he said are very right but like I said, we need to stick together.

His thoughts about Osaze activism on social media - twitter?

I think that he likes it of that is one of his hobbies. But I do not like it and do not have a twitter account because if I go on social media, I have a lot of things to say that would shock people

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/joseph-yobo-uncensored-i-cant-be-a-part-time-eagles-player/

bros it will never shock me becos u no dey work for nepa .. grin

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Ournaija: 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2013
Am surprised that Yobo could complain of respect when he refused to respect elders before him. Whenever Kanu comes as a sub, Yobo will refuse to aknowledge him or even handing over d cap band to him. Kanu will leave him and focus on winning matches. Kanu is a hero anyday anytime. Yobo is just lucky to be allowed to lift d trophy he refused letting his team mates touch. He has lost the captainship long time ago when he couldnt coordinate the defense in our first game in afcon.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Rossikk(m): 6:23pm On Apr 05, 2013

Thank God you are not the coach. Left to you Osaze and Yobo should be starting every game. Sorry. their time has PASSED. They won nothing in their time, so there's no reason for us to feel beholden to them, especially now that they're past their prime. The Super Eagles are bigger than any player. Those players who made us champions of Africa again are our first choice team. Thanks.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by DonUmeh(m): 6:45pm On Apr 05, 2013
One would have expected Yobo to retire from the SE after the nations cup in SE.
He was just a part time player.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by dabossman(m): 7:02pm On Apr 05, 2013
Kulas: Lets all be sincere in making comments. For me,Keshi is very wrong.Truly many Nigerians including me have seen that Yobo is depreciating going by his poor performance in the last AFCON and young players like Kenneth Omeruo and others performed far more than him and are no doubts a good replacement for Yobo.I agreed.Again,i see it that Keshi is finding it difficult to tell Yobo openly to go and rest,ie that he is no longer needed in the SE.He would have summon courage as a man and told him in a respectful way that he is no longer needed as he has found competence replacement for him which i believe most Nigerians will support him(Keshi) because we all see that Omeruo and co are far better than Yobo.If keshi had done it in this mature way,it would have given much respect to Yobo considering his position as Captain of the team.Like i said,i support that Yobo retire from SE,but let it be done with respect and not in a disgraceful way.

Er, how well did that work with Rio Ferdinand when Roy Hodgson dropped him from the Euros?
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Rossikk(m): 7:21pm On Apr 05, 2013
dammytosh: Osaze must be laughing hard right now.

I join him

The same thing Osaze said that : It is not fair that you come and meet me that we want to build your team and you never informed me when the plan changed just for me to know that i am not in your list when it was published.

Take it or leave it, I now reason with Osaze. The same Leadership problem that has crippled the country is crippling the super eagles.

Please spare us your bullshiit, Mr Osaze's bodyguard/slave. The same ''leadership problem'' just saw us win our first African Cup of Nations in 20 years [size=20pt]WITHOUT[/size] your master Osaze. We need [size=15pt]MORE[/size] of such ''leadership problems'' - WITHOUT Osaze and Yobo - so we can win [size=15pt]MORE[/size] cups. Go chew on that.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by dabossman(m): 7:23pm On Apr 05, 2013
Have we even stopped to think that maybe Keshi is giving Yobo enough room to call time on his international career on his own terms instead of being told he is no longer needed like a discarded tissue paper? Would Yobo have preferred a phone call that goes like this:

Keshi: Hello. Joe? I called to inform you that you are no longer needed in the national team. I only took you to the Nations Cup out of respect for all the years of sacrifice you made to the nation. I'll be naming Enyeama/Mikel as my new captain. I will be giving a press conference tomorrow to make this announcement. Thanks and bye.

I bet if that had happened Yobo would still be here complaining that he was used and dumped by Nigeria. Dude, just honorably retire from international football and take you place alongside the greats like Jay-Jay, Kanu and co. You've earned it. Go out on a high if you truly have a reputation to protect.

And to be honest, I'm yet to see where it is stated that a coach must call every player to inform them they won't be playing a game. National team players are selected from a pool, and no one has a permanent spot in the team. It's painful, especially when you want to play for your country, but sh*t happens.

2 Likes

Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Richiebronx: 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2013
Y'all are missing the main point,it ain't about the person yobo,it's about the captaincy title,there is no respect for it in Nff,several critical points have been raised and i think it would be wise for us all to take them seriously.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by andyanders: 8:18pm On Apr 05, 2013
Yes, Yobo has tried during his time as a player but then, he should be respected by Keshi telling him straight that with his present form, that he is no more relevant with the present youthful team.
With the way things went through during African Nations Cup, Yobo was supposed to have thrown in the towel because he is old inwardly as age is not on his side because no Nigerian player plays with his true age, unless Osaze.
All our players and both junior team and senior teams players falsified their ages, that we know.
To this issue, if Yobo is wise, let him go and allow Keshi play his tricks because everything in Nigeria is politics. By Yobo trying to be a good boy by ranting on the pages of newspapers, he is doing more harm to himself and career. That is why I will respect Kalu Nwankwo and J.J Okocha.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by daryoor(m): 8:35pm On Apr 05, 2013
so keshi no dey communicate, e no get credit? Hw u no go dey call yr captian after tournament. U go wan dull player u no go use style, u no go even inform big player say u no go use am.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by infolpf: 8:36pm On Apr 05, 2013
People, athletes especially, should learn that their personal egos and aspirations can NEVER be placed above the team. Even if your country is akin to a den of thieves, Playing for your nation should be a thing of pride, a call to service. It is a duty you owe to your country, not a duty owed to you!
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 05, 2013
Nairaland=info:

these are the phoolish statements i saw on the thread...& then u wonda why the same osaze we rejected is now a BIG DISGRAZE TO WESBROM.
and u more stupid dan d word stupid itself. Must u say trash?
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 05, 2013
Nairaland=info:

and u are more stupid dan d word stupid itself. Must u say trash?
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by pabloaimar(m): 9:22pm On Apr 05, 2013
On the breach of communication aspect, I blame keshi for that, he as the leader should communicate with his players from time to time, for the way he treated yobo, I also blame him for that, keshi should have held a meeting with him been the skipper of the team, he has to be given that utmost respect. But yobo was also wrong for coming out to voice his view, he should have called the coach and ask why he was left out. Three players have complained about the same thing, so my advise is that keshi should get down on his high horse and stop all this bullshit that's rocking the african champions camp.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by siaindeed: 9:24pm On Apr 05, 2013
Though Yobo is ageing, he knows what he is saying about the Super he has been with, particularly under the coach of Mr. Keshi.
You guys, who told you there is no corruption in NFF/Super Eagles? Probably, that is what the guy is trying to let out of the bag, but he finds it difficult and childish disclosing on air of such. No wonder he is not interested on twitter account.
You guys, a lots are happening as most of my friends are footballers and we hear issues of atrocity in Nigerian football everyday on field before and after training match.
Lastly, you can only know about things you are involved in or things your people get themselves involved in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali / Osimhen Confirmed Fit, In Training Today & Available For Selection Tomorrow / Bet9ja.com Registration : How To Create An Account With ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.