Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player (15568 Views)

Photos From Joseph Yobo's Big Centenary / Joseph Yobo Poses With His Two Sons / Joseph Yobo Chases Mother-in-law From Home - National Enquirer Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Michky: 11:24pm On Apr 05, 2013
Joseph Yobo, this singular act of yours has simply help me to know that you're a self-centred crybaby who falsely presents himself as a true captain that you're not. When Osaze was in trouble, you didnt come out to support him. Now, you come out to say osaze was right all along just when you're encountering similar problems. In other words, you wont have said anything if Keshi still needed your services. I know what you are. You're a selfish hypocrite who's only looking out for himself alone. Sad, your time has come and gone. Live with it. Personally, i now know the kind of hypocrite that you are. I find it hard to relate with double-faced folks like you everyday. If SE must move forward, hypocrism is a no no. Thank God Keshi is not like you. With Keshi, SE is certainly in good hands. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by suco4sure(m): 11:50pm On Apr 05, 2013
Let us respect mr yobo abegi
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by smallpope: 12:10am On Apr 06, 2013
ichidodo: errrr, gerrout now,who is beggin you? Lekwanu ifeanyi o?!
cheesy cheesy
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by balladin: 7:04am On Apr 06, 2013
BrutusOj: kindly call a spade a spade..The major isue here is disrespect to his position as d captain...Would Keshi die if he put a call tru to d captain of d team n let him knws dat he wudnt be needed for a game?I tink u all who rained insults on d outspoken Osaze can see his reasons for goin mad at Keshi
Two wrongs don't make a right. Let's face it, Yobo was wrong to join Osaze and Emenike in granting interviews against the coach. He's the captain and should place the team first always. What he has done would rather break the team than build it. At least Keshi has never gone to the press to tarnish any of his players' image.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 06, 2013
As for me Yobo should be respected as a national team captain, if his service is no more needed in the national team, Keshi should have told him. As a national team captain nobody can force him to retire. At least nobody force Keshi himself to retire, likewise Okocha, Kanu and others.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by seglan(m): 7:28am On Apr 06, 2013
Yobo should retire now when the ovation is still loud and shouldn't rubbish his 10 year service to the nation.
Yobo should be grateful to God and Keshi for the oppotunity to be at the last nation cup competition where he became a champion for the first time, where all his add up playtime is not up to 40min
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by otaelo: 7:44am On Apr 06, 2013
if not for a generation that knws not its priorities you no go get mouth to talk. how is football changing the condition of the people. wasteful
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by ekkywolex(m): 8:34am On Apr 06, 2013
Bros retire now, na by force
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 06, 2013
Michky: Joseph Yobo, this singular act of yours has simply help me to know that you're a self-centred crybaby who falsely presents himself as a true captain that you're not. When Osaze was in trouble, you didnt come out to support him. Now, you come out to say osaze was right all along just when you're encountering similar problems. In other words, you wont have said anything if Keshi still needed your services. I know what you are. You're a selfish hypocrite who's only looking out for himself alone. Sad, your time has come and gone. Live with it. Personally, i now know the kind of hypocrite that you are. I find it hard to relate with double-faced folks like you everyday. If SE must move forward, hypocrism is a no no. Thank God Keshi is not like you. With Keshi, SE is certainly in good hands. It is well.

1,000,000,000,000 likes
yobo deserves a national slap, don't mind him.
he just proved to us that what osaze said about him yobo is just the truth.
selfish father-fucker. we must retire him by force since he still wants to be scoring own goals and making school boy mistakes

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by raiszy2k(m): 10:41am On Apr 06, 2013
I think we should all watch Yobo's performance with his club b4 we hang or throw him away. Every player should be invited according to his form for national duties, for Yobo he meets that criteria cos he plays regularly for his club side and his on top of his game there.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by beldcat(m): 11:47am On Apr 06, 2013
yuzedo: Huh? Who is Yosef Zobo? Is he that 50years old man that barb mohawk and marry dat yellow geh with boobsi & sweet ice-cream laps? undecided
lol!
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Summersland(m): 1:13pm On Apr 06, 2013
Ho do u mean guy? Keshi disrespect yobo,is a captain of d national team...Haaabaaaaah
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Summersland(m): 1:19pm On Apr 06, 2013
Habaaaaah! Is 2 much 4 yobo na
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Pecca: 5:02pm On Apr 06, 2013
whisper88: Naija is a damned country... angry
...the state of BIAFRA is the solution
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by nearest(m): 6:32pm On Apr 06, 2013
Why grant an interview when you are not willing to revealing any major wrong doings on the part of the coaching crew?
Truth is, If Keshi had told you your service is no longer needed, you still would make an issue out of it.
Way forward? Keshi, tell him he is no longer needed, Yobo, ask for a testimonial match and retire!
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by akinshivic(m): 7:01pm On Apr 06, 2013
Super Eagles at it again !
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by gbrown(m): 9:31pm On Apr 06, 2013
On behalf of millions of soccer loving niugerians we all collectively say a big thank you to GOD almighty for the long awaited exit of a certain Joseph yobo from our super eagles, the said yobo has been a burden to soccer loving nigerians since 1999, so this worthless yobo thinks we have forgotten how he concealed his injury so he could make it to d mundial in south Africa 2010, yobo dont expect any sympathy from me, since you decided not to leave years back disgrace is d only option left, did you just say you are on top of your game? Hahahahahaha i laugh in pidgin English, make unah see yobo wey everton drive from England.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Chinom(m): 9:09am On Apr 07, 2013
With Emeka Omeruo and Oboabona there, Yobo has no chance.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by EzeCanada: 9:19am On Apr 07, 2013
supaeagles: Yobo's greatest contribution in our recent nation's cup victory was to lift the cup and by that I mean the act of physically lifting the cup tongue. Coach Keshi did a fantastic job of managing him well by limiting his playing time after his disastrous 1st outing.

Mr Yobo, let our recent memories of you be of that iconic image of you lifting the cup. please do not risk super eagles nation turning against you by acting like a petulant kid. It is no longer business as usual with the new super eagles - you need to work hard to earn your spot and if you do not make the team, there is no harm in just sitting back and joining the supporters club like the rest of us. Your name has been written in the good parts of super eagles history - a beg no spoil am!

Best NL write up in recent years. Excellent
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by EzeCanada: 11:00am On Apr 07, 2013
Keshi is Right on this occasion..
. Retained him as his captain after his take over from Siasia - I would have dropped him
. Stood by his captain during the just concluded AFCON..defended critisism for his inclusion in his team list
. Gave him the opportunity to earn more caps
. Gave him a rare prevelige to Lift the Nations cup trophy as a National team captain even as he was underperforming.
. Gave him clue and time to reflect his performance and career with the SE by inviting him for a Post AFCON one on one
. Had Keshi called him to inform him on this occasion what would happen on subsequent occassions that he is not needed...repeated phone calls and explainations?

Yobo was terribly wrong
. No application of wisdom or professionalism whatsoever
. Failure to call the coach to ask him whats up since he assumed the coach d/r him by failing to give him a phone call - can 2 wrongs make a right?
. Why not take it up to the FA since you stated that the office
of the team captain assumes much respect
. Why grant interview to the media to tarnish the image of your current team caoch
. Why not show support for your team members in similar.situations as you are in the recent past...Osaze,Emenike.et al..
. Should have maintained a low profile while quietly planning for a testimonial match leading to honourable retirement.
. Shouldn't have blown his own trumpet rather should have worked on his loyalists or assistant to do the job for him
. Overall was a mediocre team captain and seem uninfluential to his team mates

Way Forward
. Even though Keshi was flawless in this...He should call and appologise to Yobo
. Persuade him to retire from the team when ovation is loudest
. Use his influence to organise him a testimonial retirement match

Case Closed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali / Osimhen Confirmed Fit, In Training Today & Available For Selection Tomorrow / Bet9ja.com Registration : How To Create An Account With ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.