Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. (28795 Views)

The Chronicle Of A Nerdy Uniben Student. / PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny / Ade's Chronicle: A Tale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by chinedumo(m): 3:02pm On Apr 29, 2013
Am yet to sEeeeee this cover picture
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by Aidey05: 7:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
Well done Jake,Ur book is simply put "Inspiring"..I enjoyed readn it..I refused 2 give my opine or criticism cuz I was rily enjoying d read..Howeva,I must say that synchronising d dates with d events wil av rily put sm bit of crediblity to the storyline and also help some of ur not 2 attentive readers to easily follow up and undastan d progression of ur memoir..I also agree with Isisoph's first point in hs last comment because I'v bn shairng ds link with some of my frends on bbm who rarely read bookz n few of them that managed 2 start d book cmplained bout d lengthy nature of d prologue..I'd like to see the cover page of this book my email addy is id_equere@yahoo.com...I must commend ur effort for sharing this book on this good forum..Thank you so very much and God bless you..
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by JAKEMOND1: 8:36pm On Apr 29, 2013
[quote author=repogirl]smiley So glad to finally get to the end of book1.
Your story has been very inspiring and eye opening, that's a feeling every one who reads it would definitely feel.
[quote]

Thanks me lady..your support has been a great motivation... your own writings fantastic.. please keep up the good work cuz we need all hands on deck in order to create a literary/well-informed nation. wink

Jake
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by JAKEMOND1: 8:44pm On Apr 29, 2013
Ishsoph: @ JAKE, I must tell you you have a story laddened with timely advices and lessons for your readers. Problem is, your target audience hardly opens a book talk more of reading it(Like they'll say: If you want to hide anything from an African, place/write it in a book). However, the onus lies on us the readers to watch out for potential victims and sound the needed warning either vabally or direct their attention to your memoir.

Moreover, I dont want to sound like am your editor cos am not paid for that neither am i profficient in that as am not particularly into literature(just an avid reader). Nonetheless am persuaded to point out these few suggestions/advice;

1. Your prologue is too lengthy and almost tasteless(Though the main story would hook an avid reader like myself, but the prologue does little to wet appetite). Am aware that Ishilove raised similar concern earlier and your response was that it was by design and your editor thought its cool. Pls tell your editor that your target audience are not bookwarmers and could easily beg off if they find the prologue excessively lengthy. Unless otherwise its extremely captivating(which I wouldnt say about this one especially the first few paragraphs).

2. You also made a comment like this "given Nigeria's reputation as the forgery capital of the world". This I considered tasteless too and every intended humour in it falls on unpatriotism. Your point could have been effectively passed without spiting anyone/nation like you did in some chapters where you made similar statements elbiet harmlessly. I made this observation not because am particularly offended but because I wouldnt want your book to meet with any form of resistance either from the government purview or individuals.

3. Finally, the cover page you sent me is oh so ammazing! But if am to suggest again I'll say that that your picture with Bill Clinton should be in the background while a world map dotting all the cities you'v been to while searching for the golden fleece comes to the view. However, like said the cover page is ammazing incase you choose to stick to status quo.

NB: The above suggestions and advises are what they're called - suggestions and advises! None was to spite you bro. Just an honest observation. Cant wait for your book 2 though!

Ish: thanks for the in-depth analysis..I truly appreciate your honesty and will take into consideration your suggestion in the subsequent writings.
Your idea for the cover has been noted, and I will ensure that book#2 has a map background reflective of all the countries that I've visited..

once again thx,

Jake
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by JAKEMOND1: 8:45pm On Apr 29, 2013
chinedumo: Am yet to sEeeeee this cover picture

Nedu: send me your email and I will forward it to you.

Jake
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by JAKEMOND1: 9:02pm On Apr 29, 2013
Aidey05: Well done Jake,Ur book is simply put "Inspiring"..I enjoyed readn it..I refused 2 give my opine or criticism cuz I was rily enjoying d read..Howeva,I must say that synchronising d dates with d events wil av rily put sm bit of crediblity to the storyline and also help some of ur not 2 attentive readers to easily follow up and undastan d progression of ur memoir..I also agree with Isisoph's first point in hs last comment because I'v bn shairng ds link with some of my frends on bbm who rarely read bookz n few of them that managed 2 start d book cmplained bout d lengthy nature of d prologue..I'd like to see the cover page of this book my email addy is id_equere@yahoo.com...I must commend ur effort for sharing this book on this good forum..Thank you so very much and God bless you..

Thanks my brother, it really meant a lot to me that you've recommended others to read the story as well. Making a difference comes in different forms, and any meaningful contribution no matter how small goes a long way. No one lives in vacuum-- as was evidence in the story, how strangers play a significant role in my life...this book is my contribution to our society (Naija), if anyone can benefit from my experience, then my hard work was not in vain..
your words of inspiration and actions have greatly elevated the discuss and I truly appreciated it.

check your email for the cover!

thx,

Jake
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by chinedumo(m): 9:11pm On Apr 29, 2013
Onyenekwechinedu@gmail.com
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by JAKEMOND1: 9:30pm On Apr 29, 2013
chinedumo: Onyenekwechinedu@gmail.com

sent..check your email.
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by JAKEMOND1: 9:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
kody-licky:
Hi Jake,

dis is a great work you have here.

Great descriptions, lots to learn.
In all its just an awesome work. Thumbs up.
I ll be looking out for your second book.
Kudos.

Btw. Wat happened to d kid with d nigerian lady. Did u ever find her?

have not started looking for him/her yet..who knows maybe he/she would read my book and come looking for me..that would be awesome, wouldn't it.
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by legendprac(m): 10:50pm On Apr 29, 2013
Was held spellbound once I was done wt d prologue....... Wonderful..... Will PM for d cover
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by JAKEMOND1: 11:09pm On Apr 29, 2013
legendprac: Was held spellbound once I was done wt d prologue....... Wonderful..... Will PM for d cover

lege: don't understand why some people don't like the prologue, I kind of thought that it was necessary to give a little background on where I'm coming from, and some of the events that took place later on has a lot to do with what transpire in the prologue.
anyways, will send the cover as fast as you can send your email.

thx

Jake
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by benjames: 8:03am On Apr 30, 2013
na u biko.thank you very much for sharing ur wonderful and inspiring story. i look fwd to book2.
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by chinedumo(m): 8:49am On Apr 30, 2013
Guys stop looking forward to book 2

review the first book properly.

Hasnt jake earned enough respect for his wish to be granted?

Una too like free THINGS.

It seems that among d readers there is none with a childhood ambition of travelling out?

Make una motivate jake oh
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by benjames: 11:07am On Apr 30, 2013
chinedumo: Guys stop looking forward to book 2

It seems that among d readers there is none with a childhood ambition of travelling out?

i agree with u!
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by legendprac(m): 8:12am On May 01, 2013
JAKEMOND1:

lege: don't understand why some people don't like the prologue, I kind of thought that it was necessary to give a little background on where I'm coming from, and some of the events that took place later on has a lot to do with what transpire in the prologue.
anyways, will send the cover as fast as you can send your email.

thx

Jake

Have previously PMed u for d cover, will do so again...
D prologue wasn't bad,but kinda dragged...

I continued cuz I have read a lot of novels dat didn't start wt a bang but picked up later, but many readers might not be d same wt me and some odas dat read it all
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by legendprac(m): 8:15am On May 01, 2013
chinedumo: Guys stop looking forward to book 2

I have the ambition of travelling out, but that's for masters... I believe nigeria is the place to make it.... Na holidays I go dey go for 'abroad'....

But I now have a piece I will recommend for all those ppl I will come across who r crazy abt going abroad come what may...by hook or by crook.... So that they will think again....
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by JAKEMOND1: 3:37pm On May 02, 2013
Ladies and gentlemen, it's been both an honor and my distinct pleasure interacting with you all this last few weeks..unfortunately/fortunately, duty calls and I have to answer the call. Therefore, I'll be limited by space and time in my future communication from today on. Not withstanding though, I urge you all to continue the dialog/discus in my absence; as more and more people read the story providing new insight and analysis, it will become imperative to continue the conversation.

once again thanks for been a part this.... smiley

Jakemond
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by ebamma(m): 7:25pm On May 02, 2013
Jake,when are u going to start the book 2?
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by kayce19: 10:54am On May 03, 2013
Pls send the cover to me kayce008@gmail.com
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 03, 2013
Reading this story has been gr8, am so happy i was part of it, though the years are a bit confusing, but i lot of sense dey there o, its really betta 4 someone to go oversea legally than illegal way o, i hope ppl learn 4rm it wella.

When u came back from spain, u re always indicating that you went to your grandma place, but you already told us dat ur grandma died while u were still in spain. Pls revisit dat area. can u send cover page 2 adexodunayo@yahoo.com
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 19, 2013
jake please where are you?
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by repogirl(f): 8:12am On May 23, 2013
On duty, covert operations.
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by Haimankhan: 9:43pm On Jun 05, 2013
Perhaps you're right!
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by ZUBY77(m): 4:46pm On Jun 27, 2013
Good job jake. I have been writing my experience in Europe too.

Keep it up.
Re: Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. by dat9jaguy(m): 3:57pm On Aug 22, 2020
This story should hit FP again. The message is still very relevant.

cc:ishilove, obinnau,mynd44,Divepen1

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Melina / Lovers On The Loose / How Jamb Jammed Me Out ( My Jamb Experience )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.