Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested - Crime (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested (61037 Views)

2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs / Two Isis-bound Nigerians Arrested In India / 25 Nigerians Arrested In Spain For ‘Sex Trafficking’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by sleekdot(m): 9:52am On Apr 07, 2013
[size=18pt] Tobechi Onwuhara: The king of home equity fraud[/size]

Almost all of Onwuhara's co-conspirators were indicted and pleaded guilty. Precious Matthews was sentenced to 51 months in prison. Daniel "Orji" Orjinta got 42 months. Abel Nnabue had his sentence reduced to 27 months after cooperating with prosecutors. Paula Gipson and Ezenwa Onyedebelu helped prosecutors and had their sentences reduced to 15 months and 14 months, respectively. Only Henry Obilo pleaded not guilty. He was sentenced to 88 months in prison.

This one is even on CNN and Americas most wanted

http://money.cnn.com/2011/01/24/real_estate/onwuhara_home_equity_fraud_full.fortune/index.htm
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by ceejayluv(m): 9:54am On Apr 07, 2013
sleekdot: [size=18pt]$45M Medicare scam stretched from Houston to Nigeria[/size]

Umawa Imo: City Nursing owner, convicted for conspiracy to commit health care fraud in multiple allegations including filing phony Medicare claims totalling $45,039,23 over a two-and-half-year period. He is serving 27 years in prison.

Christina Clardy: Former anesthesiologist, convicted and sentenced to more than 12 years in prison for health care fraud and conspiracy. She wrote prescriptions for physical therapy at City Nursing even though she had no physical therapy expertise.

Godwin Nzeocha: Physical therapist/physical therapy aide, accused of 39 counts of health care fraud, three counts of mail fraud and three counts of money laundering. He has yet to be tried.

Kenneth Anokam
: Office manager, convicted of paying cash to patients to fill out blank Medicare and Medicaid claim forms. Convicted, sentenced to more than 12 years in prison.

Floyd Leslie Brooks and Gwendolyn Kay Frank: Patient recruiters, pleaded guilty to a single charge of conspiracy to violate the Anti-Kickback Statute. Brooks received $13,700 for those referrals; Frank received $24,500.

Tony Obi: Patient recruiter previously convicted for defrauding the Texas Medicaid program, now charged with conspiracy to commit health care fraud, health care fraud, and money laundering. Prosecutors allege he received more than $1 million in payments, but he has yet to be tried.

JoAnn Michelle White: Pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit health care fraud. Sentenced to nearly four years in prison.

Pamela Ise: The billing manager, charged with conspiracy to commit health care fraud and 27 counts of health care fraud. She is a fugitive and believed to be in Nigeria.

so, you're desperately trying to exonerate the SW folks of the credit card scam?? if you like, publish all the ibo criminals arrested abroad, it doesn't change the fact that your kinsmen are equally involved in crime....

1 Like

Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by sleekdot(m): 9:57am On Apr 07, 2013
ceejayluv:

so, you're desperately trying to exonerate the SW folks of the credit card scam?? if you like, publish all the ibo criminals arrested abroad, it doesn't change the fact that your kinsmen are equally involved in crime....

exonerrate how? A poster told us
One_Naira: Most times I see topics like this in USA, it's always una. Biko nu stop, I dey beg. Everywhere in USA, people see Nigerians as nothing but scammers and fraudsters.

When evidence suggested otherwise.

Tobechi Onwuhara who was on Americas most wanted is also from the SWest? I dont knw how many SW have been on Americas most wanted
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by fittty(m): 10:10am On Apr 07, 2013
Alhaji Pastor :
WELL, THAT'S UR OWN OPINION BUT I WILL STILL TELL YOU 1000 TIMES THAT I DON'T BELIEVE THIS STORY A BIT, THE NAMES ARE FICTITIOUS, THOSE FACES DON'T LOOK YORUBA A BIT.

Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by OneNaira6: 10:11am On Apr 07, 2013
sleekdot:

exonerrate how? A poster told us

When evidence suggested otherwise.

Tobechi Onwuhara who was on Americas most wanted is also from the SWest? I dont knw how many SW have been on Americas most wanted

Dude even this your post makes no sense. People go to the USA most wanted list when they are difficult to capture and when there crime crosses along state line which tobechi was guilty of. By the way, he's not the only Nigerian to be put in the most wanted list in USA.

Jessica Tata from PH was one
http://www.usmarshals.gov/investigations/most_wanted/tata/tata-cap.htm

Evbigie Edos from Edo was another one
http://www.africanoutlookonline.com/?option=com_content&view=article&id=526:477

And there have been SW in the most wanted list. The topic even made it in Nairaland it seems https://www.nairaland.com/138739/18-most-wanted-nigerians-usa

This is why I said most, I didn't say all. I'm not the only one that said it and if you think we are all lying, I dare you to come here and see it for yourself. I am not even trying to be tribalistic right now, it similar to if we go to Asia, yes there are some non-Igbo found trafficking drugs over there too but most found are of Igbo descent. I am not going to try and sugar coat anything right now because una feel offended, it needed to be said and begged to stop.
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by joelbaba: 10:11am On Apr 07, 2013
naija for life. keep it up.see der face like watin ago even call dem i no known.
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by richjohn1(m): 10:22am On Apr 07, 2013
Balkan or whatever u call yourself, I look at my life and I don't see anything that makes me poor John. I have a bigger goal than trying to acquire the whole of Lagos. Am not less than a Yoruba man cos God made all men equal. It's ur race that always think they're superior and when I check there's absolutely nothing to boast of about being ibo. Find out where am from there's Igala, igbira, and of the Yorubas you mentioned I won't disclosed that to you! I think you should be bothered about knowing the origin and history of a race with no known ruler or cultural heritage other than what you see in things fall apart.
Oga abeg park well lemme continue this game on my iPhone jare. Omo ale jati jati
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by Balkan(m): 10:29am On Apr 07, 2013
sleekdot: [size=18pt]$45M Medicare scam stretched from Houston to Nigeria[/size]

Umawa Imo: City Nursing owner, convicted for conspiracy to commit health care fraud in multiple allegations including filing phony Medicare claims totalling $45,039,23 over a two-and-half-year period. He is serving 27 years in prison.

Christina Clardy: Former anesthesiologist, convicted and sentenced to more than 12 years in prison for health care fraud and conspiracy. She wrote prescriptions for physical therapy at City Nursing even though she had no physical therapy expertise.

Godwin Nzeocha: Physical therapist/physical therapy aide, accused of 39 counts of health care fraud, three counts of mail fraud and three counts of money laundering. He has yet to be tried.

Kenneth Anokam
: Office manager, convicted of paying cash to patients to fill out blank Medicare and Medicaid claim forms. Convicted, sentenced to more than 12 years in prison.

Floyd Leslie Brooks and Gwendolyn Kay Frank: Patient recruiters, pleaded guilty to a single charge of conspiracy to violate the Anti-Kickback Statute. Brooks received $13,700 for those referrals; Frank received $24,500.

Tony Obi: Patient recruiter previously convicted for defrauding the Texas Medicaid program, now charged with conspiracy to commit health care fraud, health care fraud, and money laundering. Prosecutors allege he received more than $1 million in payments, but he has yet to be tried.

JoAnn Michelle White: Pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit health care fraud. Sentenced to nearly four years in prison.

Pamela Ise: The billing manager, charged with conspiracy to commit health care fraud and 27 counts of health care fraud. She is a fugitive and believed to be in Nigeria.
you a thief. You can write any rubbish. Provide link, Ole.
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by richjohn1(m): 11:06am On Apr 07, 2013
IYA NGBALI: They can't own Lagos,it's just a wishful thinking,it's like NIgerians having a lot of property in Los Angeles and now claiming that they own the place,it is not possible and IT CAN NEVER BE POSSIBLE.
It won't work only if the yorubas stop folding their hands.
Take a look at PH they are also laying claim to that place at the expense of the ikwerres they literally own PH. I think we can stop them using the power of Nairaland let's start a thread "YORUBAs beware, Ibos plans to acquire the whole of Lagos in 40 years time" you know government officials know dis website it will go a long way in stalling their unsatiable lust for Lagos and the South-west. Lagosians have failed the yorubas but its never too late to stop this strange race!
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by foxgiovani(m): 11:21am On Apr 07, 2013
Out of the 32 people involved, 22 are Nigerians. Too bad, the name of this our great nation has really been dragged to the mud. And most of the culprits are below 30 years of age. Quest for money. I pity this Country.

1 Like

Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by Balkan(m): 11:31am On Apr 07, 2013
rich_john:
Take a look at PH they are also laying claim to that place at the expense of the ikwerres they literally own PH. I think we can stop them using the power of Nairaland let's start a thread "YORUBAs beware, Ibos plans to acquire the whole of Lagos in 40 years time" you know government officials know dis website it will go a long way in stalling their unsatiable lust for Lagos and the South-west. Lagosians have failed the yorubas but its never too late to stop this strange race!
you cannot stop a moving train. Most Yorubas don't take Igbo as tenants, they always tell you only Yoruba tenants wanted. You see that particular house will stay waiting for Yoruba tenants that will never come for years. They are very poor that they can't afford to pay rents. You have few super rich Yorubas . But on the average the purchasing power is in the hands of Yorubas will steal from the government and the end giving it to the Igbo man in the market. In building materials, cars, wears computers name it. The world hate the Jews but they are the most powerful and most prosperous. Go to Abuja, Igbos own 50% of the properties there. Hotels plazas it's not by magic but hard work.

Yoruba mechanic will labour all the day working on gear box looking dirty and get peanut after work, the Igbo man sells one gear box and make a huge profit in one transaction.
POOR-JOHN. it's already too late for you guys.
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by richjohn1(m): 12:00pm On Apr 07, 2013
Like I said you're talking about Lagosians not the whole of the yoruba states. Keep living in delusion that you guys have 50% properties in Abuja, no ibo person has been minister of FCT so I want to know which influence will make you guys own half all the props in the capital. You guys are lousey pigs jare the only good thing about your race is your girls and we keeping f'cking dem on daily basis! tongue
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by Balkan(m): 12:12pm On Apr 07, 2013
rich_john: Like I said you're talking about Lagosians not the whole of the yoruba states. Keep living in delusion that you guys have 50% properties in Abuja, no ibo person has been minister of FCT so I want to know which influence will make you guys own half all the props in the capital. You guys are lousey pigs jare the only good thing about your race is your girls and we keeping f'cking dem on daily basis! tongue
look at you uncircumcised Kogi man. Which Igbo lady will see you as a human being. My Poor- John, you need to open your eyes. What rubbish fct minister do we want to be? You are so ignorant about your environment. They record are there. It's time for you task around you. We don't need to be President or minister to be what we are. Does it not surprise you that we made all this progress with just €20 ?

You just a poor pitiable fellow. If you like hate Igbos it does not change anything. You will just end up with high BP
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2013
rich_john:
don't wooryy aafter colonizing ur south west we would colonize ur kogi state too
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 07, 2013
rich_john: Like I said you're talking about Lagosians not the whole of the yoruba states. Keep living in delusion that you guys have 50% properties in Abuja, no ibo person has been minister of FCT so I want to know which influence will make you guys own half all the props in the capital. You guys are lousey pigs jare the only good thing about your race is your girls and we keeping f'cking dem on daily basis! tongue
shut up we igboss came To lagos make money colonize ur state and fuk your women,and moost of ur Women find it hard to resist cute igbo guys m an example
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by richjohn1(m): 12:35pm On Apr 07, 2013
I laff in mandarin many of them my dear many I even even have one with me now and one has a fine boy for me wink so go hug a transformer and who should call who uncircumcised remember we're talking about a cannibalistic race here!
Go do research on ur race and tell us ur origin pathetic cannibals
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by Balkan(m): 12:56pm On Apr 07, 2013
rich_john:
I laff in mandarin many of them my dear many I even even have one with me now and one has a fine boy for me wink so go hug a transformer and who should call who uncircumcised remember we're talking about a cannibalistic race here!

so who is denying that. Remember Clifford orji he was eating Yoruba meat. Tastes a bit nice. That's not what we are talking about here. You guys are dregs of humanity. We are the superior race of nigeria.
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 07, 2013
rich_john:

u beta shutup and start preparing on how u wld divide ur lands for the remaining igbos prepring to come to the west
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by snowdrops(m): 2:30pm On Apr 07, 2013
Too many tribalists here. Stop hating. We are all one people, one nation.
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by remarkD(m): 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2013
There was a man,

his name was Rich John.

But he was not rich.

Far from it, he was poor.

Poor like a church rat.

Well, that, i don't know... its just a guess.

But what I do know, and am very sure of-

is that he hates the Igbos.

he sees them prosper

he sees them flourish

he sees them move to western nigeria,

and through their hard work and labor, blood and sweat, discrimination and envy,

(from non-Igbos and even the government at times)

they succeed - and the painful part is ...

they send their profits and riches to family in the east;

they visit from Lagos in brand new cars;

and Rich John just can't take it,

he just cant.

Strange?

Well, there's more.

If Rich John found a bottle or rat poison,

and opens it (for a drink) - and at his surprise -

a genie appears.

If he had 3 wishes -

even if it was just one wish...

Rich John would ask the Genie

to make all Igbos disappear from Lagos.

But the joke is on him.

The Genie is Igbo.

and before the Genie allowed him to take his drink like his forefather, Wowo Awo

The Genie said to him ...

"What God has blest... no man can curse.

What point is there to be envious of someone's success? One would wonder.
but this is Nigeria, where hate, backbiting and all manners of evil pervade.
May god help us all... aman

rich_john:

5 Likes

Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by remarkD(m): 5:14pm On Apr 07, 2013
I'm sure its you (Rich John) that was a while back tried to start some sot of campaign for all Yorubas in Lagos to fire their Igbo employees! rofl!

In your dreams did you see an Igbo man working for a Yoruba.. in Nigeria.

We know why it stillpains you guys (the triablist Yorubas on here) so much, so bitterly, that our hero did not surrender to Obasanjo.
it "pains" y'all so bad that your only solace is to make fun of him "running" away to Cote D'Ivoire. Typical attitude towards a girl or job or whatever it is that one tries to get, but fails --- belittling the object helps the person deal with the disappointment.

In that your a

ttempt to have Igbos fired, you wanted to "lead by example" and said you were going to fire the two Igbos you employed... that was so laughable who knows if you have a job, your oga at the top might even be Igbo. Anu mpam. ewu ohia. Ishi okpoo.
and as a school mate in highschool would ask a "misbehavant" (lol) ... or rather comment ... "(O di ka) eji azu amu muo gi." If you have any Igbo friend, ask them for its meaning... but seeing your hate on here... you probably dont, so unless a nairalander interpretes it for ya... nevermind it then...

well ... on a second note and thought ... it means ... "You make me laugh and thats a good thing!" grin tongue
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 07, 2013
You need Jesus. Why u so bitter jeez lol
remark D: I'm sure its you (Rich John) that was a while back tried to start some sot of campaign for all Yorubas in Lagos to fire their Igbo employees! rofl!

In your dreams did you see an Igbo man working for a Yoruba.. in Nigeria.

We know why it stillpains you guys (the triablist Yorubas on here) so much, so bitterly, that our hero did not surrender to Obasanjo.
it "pains" y'all so bad that your only solace is to make fun of him "running" away to Cote D'Ivoire. Typical attitude towards a girl or job or whatever it is that one tries to get, but fails --- belittling the object helps the person deal with the disappointment.

In that your a

ttempt to have Igbos fired, you wanted to "lead by example" and said you were going to fire the two Igbos you employed... that was so laughable who knows if you have a job, your oga at the top might even be Igbo. Anu mpam. ewu ohia. Ishi okpoo.
and as a school mate in highschool would ask a "misbehavant" (lol) ... or rather comment ... "(O di ka) eji azu amu muo gi." If you have any Igbo friend, ask them for its meaning... but seeing your hate on here... you probably dont, so unless a nairalander interpretes it for ya... nevermind it then...

well ... on a second note and thought ... it means ... "You make me laugh and thats a good thing!" grin tongue
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by TeaParty: 10:49pm On Apr 07, 2013
rich_john:
This is just morning, Igbos are going to conquer and subdue more and more till you haters run to the sea. lazy dudes.
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by IYANGBALI: 10:53pm On Apr 07, 2013
rich_john:
true talk
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by IYANGBALI: 10:55pm On Apr 07, 2013
TeaParty:
This is just morning, Igbos are going to conquer and subdue more and more till you haters run to the sea. lazy dudes.
dream on,its good for your health

1 Like

Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by IYANGBALI: 10:58pm On Apr 07, 2013
snowdrops: Too many tribalists here. Stop hating. We are all one people, one nation.
stop deceiving yourself we are not and you know it
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 08, 2013
IYA NGBALI: stop deceiving yourself we are not and you know it
EVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by 1ndidi2(f): 9:07am On Apr 08, 2013
babe_online:
EVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Very very shocked
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by girlyly: 1:05pm On Apr 08, 2013
akpomeme: Yoruba!!!! If na igbo people dem catch now, una for don comment tire. This is pathetic..
Exactly! like say you dey my mind......buh dem no fit catch ibo@s like dat....anyi massi ife ana alu grin
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by biolabee(m): 4:59pm On Apr 09, 2013
Pataki: Nigerians - we are indeed our own worst enemies.

I hope these guys are truly dealt with and disgraced heavily. I heard one of them, his dad is even a pastor.

For the ediotic tribalists feasting on this topic, there is no point coming to your fetid level and engaging you.

It seems, it is a curse to be a Nigerian.

Tragic.....
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by biolabee(m): 5:07pm On Apr 09, 2013
NubiLove: [size=18pt]This is the reason why I no longer defend my tribe (Yoruba) or insult other tribes... Because I know we Nigerians are capable of a lot of bad things![/size]

GBAM!!!!

Don't mind the oshisko tribalists........
We all suffer whether its boko haram, mutual lab, Clifford orji, anini, shina Rambo, baba sure, wunmi the coke trafficker, MEND,OPC, etc bla bla bla
WE ALL SUFFER
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by biolabee(m): 5:18pm On Apr 09, 2013
foxgiovani: Out of the 32 people involved, 22 are Nigerians. Too bad, the name of this our great nation has really been dragged to the mud. And most of the culprits are below 30 years of age. Quest for money. I pity this Country.

Thank you sir!

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Lady Pours Acid On Her Ex-Boyfriend In Akwa Ibom For Dumping Her (Pics) / Many Beheaded During A Cult Clash In Lagos (Graphic Photo) / Soldier Who Brutalised Her Niece Replies: 'She Is Not A Virgin At Her Age'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.