Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,789 members, 7,831,550 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. (27742 Views)

My Wedding Pixs / My Wedding Pictures. / My Wedding Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by aieromon(m): 1:57pm On Apr 06, 2013
Its unfortunate that you came down to Nigeria to experience this type of poor service delivery from small business owners. Why should a 1000 seat capacity hall be decorated on the day of the wedding?

Anyways,there's never a perfect wedding ceremony and it surely doesn't determine the happiness of your union.

Happy married life.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by cyril83(m): 1:58pm On Apr 06, 2013
freecocoa: I honestly don't know why some of this so called events planners can't be straight forward.

My cousin wedded in january and the decorator came very late, I and some of my friends had to decorate the cars ourselves and even helped her and her understaffed in decorating the venue for the reception, it was really annoying.

The cake woman didn't even bring the small chops that she was paid to, inshort at a point the bride's elder sister almost fought her.

I wish I took the time out to even care about their company names, I'd have posted them here.

I'm at a wedding reception venue in Awka now and mehn, you need to see the decoration, its just AWESOME, whoever did it knows what's up, I'm trying to get his\her name, maybe na them go do my own.grin
Hmmmm! I know akproko like you must have experienced that poo, you still never change your way after filling 10 drums with tears for nonsense you spewed to goldie.

@Op I don't buy this besides when is season 2 of this story *aye toto* coming out ?
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by question(m): 1:59pm On Apr 06, 2013
emm2k3: Hi all,

My wedding experience, if I wanted to write it all, wouldn’t end here. But again the reason why I’m writing this is to encourage people to write reviews. In this age, you should be able to Google a company’s name and see reviews managed by INDEPENDENT BODIES. I checked out J’S EVENT AND GIFT CONCEPT on the internet and all that came back was her facebook page which is MOST HIGHLY INSUFFICIENT!!!!
Naija factor.

Such disappointments and lack of professionalism happens almost everyday and everywhere in Naija. You do not need reviews to know that.

Happy Married life.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by freecocoa(f): 2:05pm On Apr 06, 2013
cyril83: Hmmmm! I know akproko like you must have experienced that poo, you still never change your way after filling 10 drums with tears for nonsense you spewed to goldie.

@Op I don't buy this besides when is season 2 of this story *aye toto* coming out ?
I've tried to understand why common sense as its normally called isn't at all common, just how does what is being discussed here relate with goldie or any other issue for that matter? Smh.

Abeg shift to the left.

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by denip: 2:08pm On Apr 06, 2013
xykms101: abeg go siddon for hot stone, stingy moro.n. Uk based my foot besides welcome to naija where people do unscrupulous to stingy people.

Infact you need to be sued for trying to tarnish someone's image. Give us the pictures of that hall and let's how horrible as you claimed.
I suggest u̶̲̥̅̊ hav ur brain checked 2 remove d maggot n worms dat hav accumulated ova time

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 06, 2013
Hahaha. cheesy grin

Pele o. My own wedding didn't have any buts. I did a small wedding with about 200 guests and i was able to control everything that went on there because of its size.

Ladies learn your lesson. If you want to do a big wedding, be prepared to spend big money, big time and big stress. And be prepared to bear the numerous mistakes that would occur.

Do a wedding in which you can be in control of everything.

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by scobaba: 2:15pm On Apr 06, 2013
Cool write up.

Though I think the idea behind this epistle is to publicly trash 'slow ice' and 'madam J whateva'.

They messed up sha, they deserve to be flogged.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by deelobe: 2:18pm On Apr 06, 2013
xykms101: abeg go siddon for hot stone, stingy moro.n. Uk based my foot besides welcome to naija where people do unscrupulous to stingy people.

Infact you need to be sued for trying to tarnish someone's image. Give us the pictures of that hall and let's how horrible as you claimed.

It's obvious you. Are the slowpoke and a relative of the morning she talked about. Efulefu nonsense

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by BBDelta(m): 2:22pm On Apr 06, 2013

4 Likes

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 06, 2013
Most Nigerians are like that, once money has entered their hands, anything can happen. OYO.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by OCcool: 2:26pm On Apr 06, 2013

MOD Pls I beg u, don't hide my post. Let me give me dis big F.oo.l called xykms101 a piece of my mind . Guy, first of all, u re such an I.d.i.o.t 4 quoting d entire article. As if dat wasn't enough u went ahead 2 insult the op by that trash u wrote. U re so uncultured. Infact i think it was the likes of u, the op was refering to who were shady and fraudulent in their dealings with her cos i believe if u were in their shoes, u would even do worse tins. Animal like u!

5 Likes

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 06, 2013
pDude: Hahaha. cheesy grin

Pele o. My own wedding didn't have any buts. I did a small wedding with about 200 guests and i was able to control everything that went on there because of its size.

Ladies learn your lesson. If you want to do a big wedding, be prepared to spend big money, big time and big stress. And be prepared to bear the numerous mistakes that would occur.

They always like big and flashy things forgetting the money and stress.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by tessyade: 2:29pm On Apr 06, 2013
The op reminds me of my experience on my wedding day exactly two weeks ago. I sent the car for decoration only to wait almost forever on the wedding morning. I was at the bus stop about to join a commercial vehicle (since i was already late) to the church when the car finally arrived. It's one of those things i had to overlook cos the wedding went well.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Paulaok4(f): 2:36pm On Apr 06, 2013
Na their way, once u pay a lot of them disappoint you. Case in mind my sister wedding in 2010, till date we have not seen any of the photographs or the video nothing, the only white wedding picture they have is one that someone took with his phone.
As for the traditional, my cousin did a little ablum as a gift for my mum and had to make a second one for them.
The so called Photograph is no where to be found and keeps making excuses when he picks his calls.....
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by cyril83(m): 2:41pm On Apr 06, 2013
---
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by freecocoa(f): 2:48pm On Apr 06, 2013
cyril83: buhahahahaha. You are a successful eediot
Ofcourse you have nothing to say, you can't even answer the simple question I asked, its very obvious you just want to attack me for whooping your sorry a$$ eons ago, wipe your tears boy and stop following me to every thread with tears in your eyes, it was just an e-thrashing that meant nothing but since it has damaged you this much, I advice you seek medical\psychological help, haba!.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Odunharry(m): 2:52pm On Apr 06, 2013
thank God d wedding was successful...at at all na im bad pass
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Odunnu: 3:02pm On Apr 06, 2013
Hahahaha just like madam CC said, a time will come when you will just laugh at the stuff happening.
I witnessed such incompetence 'live' and now I think of it, I am laughing like a sheep! Lol.
For music, we started clapping and singing grin manually. It was so annoying then that I cried. We clapped for the couple to do their couple's dance! The DJ I personally took his complete fee to. I didnt pay him a dime less than what he asked for, yet he never came to the venue.
The caterers were worse!
They serve you eba, you will wait donkey years for soup, they serve drink for toast without cups, the give rice and you source for spoon.
It was traumatic then.
But when I saw the video and pictures, I thank God there's even something to be grateful for

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by xykms101: 3:04pm On Apr 06, 2013
I don't know why many of you are so dum.b and local, things Op complained of happen everywhere, when you couldn't spend and you want to have a lavish party. If the Op want us to believe her story,she should upload the hall pictures for people to assess since u want us to beware of slow ice and ma'am j.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 06, 2013
Well I had an experience with those artisan some months back when I sent money over to get some things done for my parents. It took like ever for the guy to deliver. Please for the learned ones here is it legal is I decide to draw up a contract for say a wedding planner,photographer, DJ, etc ? So that should any of them try to ruin my marriage with their incompetency the person would "hear" from me after the wedding.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by freecocoa(f): 3:11pm On Apr 06, 2013
cyril83: buhahahahaha. You mean av got no common sense for telling you the truth.

You are a successful eediot.
Modifying your post changes nothing, what truth did you tell me? Just how does what's being discussed here relate to goldie?

I've told you what to do so please stop stalking me. Kilode sef?
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by freecocoa(f): 3:12pm On Apr 06, 2013
---
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by xykms101: 3:18pm On Apr 06, 2013
----
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by freecocoa(f): 3:21pm On Apr 06, 2013
----
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by creativemusic: 3:24pm On Apr 06, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by StateOfMind: 3:28pm On Apr 06, 2013
pDude: Hahaha. cheesy grin

Here we go again.

What has this got to do with warning to ladies? Why would you just conclude all big\large weddings are ladies' wish? What if the husband's side has more crowd or do you think its just the ladies' friends\ladies' families that are guests?

Disappointment has nothing to do with the number of guests. If you deal with the wrong set of people, no matter the monitoring, you'll get disappointed. Even a birthday party with less than 30guests can turn out to be a flop if its handled by non-professionals n people who love to disappoint.

You were lucky you had trustworthy people to work with.

4 Likes

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 06, 2013
I'll rather prefer using friends or family members as wedding planners; at least, they may be more committed to organizing the wedding in a good way, than some stranger.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 06, 2013
StateOfMind:

Here we go again.

What has this got to do with warning to ladies? Why would you just conclude all big\large weddings are ladies' wish? What if the husband's side has more crowd or do you think its just the ladies' friends\ladies' families that are guests?

Disappointment has nothing to do with the number of guests. If you deal with the wrong set of people, no matter the monitoring, you'll get disappointed. Even a birthday party with less than 30guests can turn out to be a flop if its handled by non-professionals n people who love to disappoint.

You were lucky you had trustworthy people to work with.

That is why in the past, credit in English language WAEC was prerequisite to gaining university admission.

Where the fvck in my post did you see the bolded part of your tripe. Assuming little prick angry

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by nikkypearl(f): 3:42pm On Apr 06, 2013
@op..d best way 2handle such is paying deposit,like half of money agreed on!my fotographer begged me 2pay all d money,he told me,he needed d money 2pay 4his wife's delivery fees!I gave him all,but bcoz he Knew dat I will b relocating 2lagos!he didn't edit our pictures nd d worst part d printer he used was sumfin else,he sent us only blur pics,I paid 4 2wall frames!he sent none!nd nw I can't even bring out our album 4our guests 2c!nd u nid 2hear d huge amount he collected!Banik digital don't even charge as much!shits happens u knw!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To A Proud Nairalander.... Beautiful Photos!!! / Bride Delivers Baby Hours To Wedding / Most Beautiful Girl In LASU Embarks On A Community Project: #saynotorape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.