Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,969 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. (27734 Views)

My Wedding Pixs / My Wedding Pictures. / My Wedding Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by emm2k3: 11:13pm On Apr 05, 2013
Hi all,

I’m going to share this story for the sole reason to encourage people to come forward and share reviews on services they have received from business men/ women /company’s/ organisations in Nigeria. We cannot underestimate the power of reviews especially in this era where there’s so much media presence and internet facilities. This will ensure that we eradicate fraudsters from our midst and certainly out of business. It will also help promote the good ones amongst us and ensure they stay in business, and ultimately help promote the[b] “NIGERIAN NAME”[/b].

My wedding was last year November in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. I was over the moon with excitement as I was getting married to the man of my dreams. We deliberated over where the wedding should hold as we both reside in the UK. Doing the wedding in the UK would mean I had more control over the planning. Doing it in Nigeria would mean we could get our parents fully involved and give them the pleasure of inviting their friends. Ultimately we decided we’d go home and have the wedding. I knew it’d be tasking and time consuming planning a wedding from a distance but I braced myself for it. I included money for call cards to our wedding budget so I was able to make calls to everyone involved one day every week to catch up on progress of things.
My husband’s family and mine were extremely supportive and with their help we had a beautiful ceremony. The weather was just beautiful, and God was there.
There were some people whose services we sought, who worked very hard to make our day very beautiful. There were also some people whose services we sought who went out of their way to totally embarrass and disgrace themselves and their business name.

I’m going to start with the lady that I paid a huge sum to do my reception hall decoration for me. Her name is Josephine and her company name is J’s event and gift concept. My husband’s cousin got her contact from a friend and started speaking to her for me. I’m quite a realistic person, so I stated how much I was willing to spend for my decoration and asked my husband’s cousin to work around that. She came to an agreement with the lady. Cool! The lady insisted that everything should be paid before the 2weeks leading to the wedding and gave us a breakdown of how she wanted her money. Since I don’t live in the country, I’m not too sure how these things work anymore, so I went along with it. I called her intermittently in the months leading to my wedding, just to make sure we were all on the same page and she wasn’t struggling with anything. I even offered to purchase anything she didn’t have, but she insisted she was a professional and had everything sorted. I came into Nigeria and made an appointment to see her with my husband’s cousin. We went to her house; she looked very responsible, husband, kids, and generally comfortable folks. Fair enough! We went through everything again; last minute questions and all. She told me to contact the venue and tell them she’ll start decorating the evening before, which I did and got back to her saying it was OK. So everything was supposed to be sorted at her end.
On my wedding morning, I was at the hotel, getting ready and I got a call from my brother saying no one had come to decorate the cars! The décor lady was supposed to send someone to the house by half 8 to sort the cars! I tried to reach her immediately, her number wasn’t going through. I called my husbands cousin and told her what was happening. She assured me she’ll get to the woman. At 10am there was still no word from her. At that point I knew the cars won’t be decorated for the wedding. Fair enough! I had other issues to deal with so decided I won’t get worked up! Back at home and back in my husband’s hotel, they kept waiting for the decorator. I was 1hr late for my wedding because everyone kept waiting for the woman hoping someone would turn up. By the time we realised no one was coming, we knew we were going to be late! Thank God my best mate was with me, I probably would have lost it!

Fast forward to 12pm. The church service was over. We had planned not to spend time taking pictures in the church because we had a red carpet and back drop for photos at the reception venue. So we were getting ready to go to the reception when my brother called to say we should waste some time at the church as the reception decoration was hardly DONE YET!!!!This was half 12!!!! The woman sent 2 people to decorate a hall of 1000 capacity; the charger plates were not the number we discussed. There were no table numbers as we discussed! No hanging balls from the ceiling, some part of the ceiling was to be covered, that wasn’t done; no petals, crystals; the couch that was kept for the couple was so dirty and worn, it was disgraceful! I had asked for reserved seats for my bridal party, none of that was done! Simply put, the decoration was HORRIBLE!!!!! One saving grace was my colours of the day, Fuchsia pink and Turquoise blue. The colours were so bright; they toned down how bad the decoration was. IMAGINE I USED GREY!!!! My brother was at the reception hall during the church service, trying to help the much he could. He was so upset, he asked the little girl she sent, “WHERE IS YOUR MADAM?” WHY SHE NO DEY HERE” The girl replied and said, MY MADAM DEY PRESIDENTIAL HOTEL, SHE GET ANOTHER JOB THERE.

So this woman knew she wouldn’t have been able to do the job or took on the job and took the second one in presidential, when she knew she didn’t have enough resources to take on both jobs and decided to use me as THE SACRIFICAL LAMB ON MY BIG DAY!!! WHAT A BIG SHAME!!!SHAME ON HER!!!!
The person I felt sorry for the most was my husband’s cousin, she was totally embarrassed and too shocked at the woman’s conduct.

Fast forward after the wedding, she didn’t have the decency to take the blame! She rather blamed it on her workers who didn’t listen to instructions! And I ask did I pay your workers? Do I know your workers? Who is the face of your “so called J’s events and gift concept” Again “APPROPRIARTE DAMAGE” CONTROL would have helped salvage her name, but nothing of that sort!!!!
Again being married doesn’t make one responsible, neither does having kids, neither does having “Amazing grace” as your ring tone make you any better than the Boko haram out there or the OGA AT THE TOP dude! If I still lived in Nigeria, I’d have sued this woman for FRAUD! That in my opinion is what she is!
Beware also she has a fantastic looking facebook page! Having a facebook page isn’t a review. Anyone can have a facebook page and upload whatever they damn please on it!

DJ AND MC

We got a[b] DJ (DJ DX OF LOVE FM)[/b] for the occasion. At the time I wanted a live band for my traditional and a dj for my white. It didn’t quite work out as I planned. My mum said she hadn’t come across something she liked. So to keep it safe, I settled for the same dj for both trad and white. Again, I scheduled an appointment to meet with him. My husband and I met with him and his so called manager at Kilimanjaro. Typically we were kept waiting and it was put down to traffic! We talked through what I expected that day and all. After the meeting he requested for some money. I told him I didn’t expect to give him any money so didn’t come with cash. I rummaged through my bag and had a decent sum to give him. (This was a mistake as he and my mum had agreed on a payment plan and the second advance wasn’t due yet! I found out about this when I got home). DJ DX went on to ask us (my husband and I) who the MC was going to be for the white. I told him someone my family has known for a while now. But I was still talking with him. He started to say he had a guy he worked with, who was a fantastic MC, they have worked together for a long time, he also works in Love FM (his name is SLOW ICE), I would like him…bla..bla…bla..We told him we had a budget for MC and that that wasn’t an area we would be willing to spend too much on. He said we shouldn’t decide yet let him speak to the guy first, that the guy will go with our price and so much nonsense… SLOW ICE agreed to be our MC. He asked me to deposit the money in his account, which I agreed to do. I wanted to meet with him before the wedding because I had to run through the programme with him. But there was so much to do, I decided that since he was a radio presenter, he’d manage fine and I’ll just have to speak with him before the reception started. Fast-forward to my wedding reception. I was sat in the car, waiting for the party to start. I asked someone to call the MC OUT and he came. As soon as the guy came to me, I knew he wasn’t “SLOW ICE”! I knew this because I already had a visual description of slow ice from the DJDX guy. So I said to him, where is slow ice? He looked shocked and was about to lie. And I Said, you’re not slow ice. Where is he? The guy said oh, there’s traffic on the way, he’s on his way, we’re colleagues and he asked me to start up for him and he’ll take over. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. At that point I decided I won’t get mad, I’ll calm down, smile and have fun. Meanwhile this stranger had already introduced himself inside as[b] “SLOW ICE”,[/b] thereby impersonating the real guy. Fast forward 2hrs later SLOW ICE didn’t show up. Towards the end, the “SLOW ICE” impersonator left without a word to anyone and handed over to another strange looking guy that was totally not even dressed for the occasion to take over from him! This second person was still not SLOW ICE and thankfully everyone was dancing and wasn’t interested in hearing what he was saying!
[b]Now let me give the first guy that was the MC some credit. He did a great job. I’d have been happy to pay for him from the start. If SLOW ICE had said I’m sorry I can’t make it, but I’ll give you someone else’s number that is equally good, then it’d have been my call. The guy should have used his original name to introduce him and not use someone else’s ID as he was asked to.
SLOW ICE himself is a disgrace and an embarrassment in my opinion.
You don’t do things that way especially if you value your integrity more than money. But I guess INTEGRITY is a big word! I sent him a text after the wedding, and he never responded! VERY RUDE AND DISGUSTING ATTITUDE! I spoke to DJDX after the wedding, and told him he knew right from the start that that guy won’t show up, and convinced me to use him. SHAME ON THEM BOTH! Again If I had the time, I would have sued “THE SO CALLED SLOW ICE” for FRAUD!!!! That in my opinion is what he is. I would derive the satisfaction of watching him spend the money he’s earned through defrauding people on lawyer’s fees and other related cost.[/b]

Everyday we complain about our leaders, everyone is so quick to crucify people in power. We’ve helped to get the “OGA AT THE TOP DUDE” out of his seat; yet on our own level, we do nothing to curb the corruption in our midst! The same people pointing fingers have a mirror in front of them and have failed to look at their own reflection!!!!

While some people were working so hard to ruin my day, some folks were working so hard to make me smile.

I’d like to recommend the lady that did my cake, CHIOMA. She did both my traditional and white cake. The cakes tasted heavenly and looked even better. Simple and classy! She was always on the phone with me asking what I wanted and all. She was very professional, her view and her general approach. And her price was very decent. I’d certainly recommend this lady for[b] CAKES[/b] and[b] SMALL CHOPS.[/b]

Also the lady that catered for the white wedding, MARY, was absolutely amazing. She was very honest with her prices and feedback. She was an absolute Angel. People like her make me believe there’s hope for a better future for Nigeria. She was so good to me, like I was always meeting with her to add something or increase the number. She took it on very calmly. On the day, she and her crew looked very smart in their uniform. The food was fantastic and on point. Very presentable and everyone had something to eat. I’d totally recommend MARY.

The lady that did my traditional decoration needs an award. I was blown away when I came outside my house. Her name is FAVOUR. Her and her team did a fantastic job, more than words can describe. She also did the cup cakes for my white wedding and they were heavenly!!!This lady made me smile. She was very professional and kind; always asking if I’m resting and eating well. I don’t blame her! I had lost 6kg body weight in less than 2 weeks!

If anyone requires the contacts of these persons, please don’t hesitate to ask.

My wedding experience, if I wanted to write it all, wouldn’t end here. But again the reason why I’m writing this is to encourage people to write reviews. In this age, you should be able to Google a company’s name and see reviews managed by INDEPENDENT BODIES. I checked out J’S EVENT AND GIFT CONCEPT on the internet and all that came back was her facebook page which is MOST HIGHLY INSUFFICIENT!!!!

36 Likes

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
Wow!! so sad, at least your caterers did a good job. This is why I'm planning my wedding ceremony for late evening, so morning I will be with the hall decorators watching them. Woe betide you eh! if you don't finish my decor on time. my wedding cake is already sorted by my mum. if the Mary you mentioned is the same mary i know, then she is quite okay. I went for a wedding once that the wedding planner came to the hall few mins before the bride and groom , imagine!! For hall decorations in Ph, I recommend dezua events, she is quite good and cheap too, for cakes and small chops Creamy and crusty, her cakes are mind blowing and moderately priced, she does high rise cakes for far less than a mill compared to what tosan collects for 3 million. then there is a wedding planner in atrium... I think Joan, she is quite good and really helps brides get the best deals from their vendors. For food I won't recommend anyone, too many experience to make a good judgement call.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Les: 11:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
In ol things, give thanks to God. I wonder why it had to happen in ur wedding day of ol days but d truth is, I cant remember d last time I had mixed feelings after reading ur post. Just thank God it ended happily ever after. This is wat we see here, taking everything for granted which is very bad including someone's wedding, dat's unfair, forget about them and focus on those dat made ur day great, it'll go a long way in showing u dat God has greater blessings for u and ur hubby despite watever d enemy might do. I WISH u a very blissful married life, enjoy ur hubby sister.

Btw, did u study anything like literature or so? ur post is beautifully arranged. brings out d best of soothing relief after reading d first part as in comedy.

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Royalty1(m): 12:57am On Apr 06, 2013
Shame to those fake dudes causing you unnecesary stress on an already 'stress-filled' day.

But Am happy some people made you smile afterall, and were professional in their dealings. Kudos to them.
Wishing you a wonderful married life.
Happy for you.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Mamacita007(f): 1:35am On Apr 06, 2013
Everybody for naija don turn to professional weddding planner. we need to be careful of this wicked pple. Thank God for evrything sha.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by greatgod2012(f): 4:08am On Apr 06, 2013
I wish you happy and blissful married life and as for those who messed up on the D-day, thank God it wasnt beyond redemption, and remember that, if it didnt happen that way, you wont learn.
Im sure that the next time you will have any party to hold in Nigeria, you will easily remember your wedding experience, which will eventually help you to plan better.

Once again, happy married life!!!
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by gunuvi(m): 6:30am On Apr 06, 2013
I really understand your plight but just thank God that it was a success after all.
Some people were not that lucky like you, it is either the groom die on the way to the church service or vice versa. Many extremely worse things has befallen some about to marry folks but yours was minimal and no life was lost.
It is well my sister.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by dBard: 7:18am On Apr 06, 2013
Ur story brings t mind d experience of my mate during his wedding. As a guy, he didn't care much, but it took almost a full day t calm d bride, she was so disappointed(tho d wedding still turned out nicely i.m.o).
I think it's time we start exposing incompetence f wat it is. Enough of the 'na Nigeria way' excuse. Wat d Slow Ice guy did is disgraceful..u should ask f a refund. D I concept tin as well.
Anyway..it's all gone. HML cool
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 06, 2013
I'm glad that your wedding wasn't totally ruined. It's very clear that some so-called "wedding planners" need to be trained on basic professional courtesy.
Maybe your husband's cousin can sue the lady in Nigeria.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 06, 2013

10 Likes

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Yvete(f): 7:44am On Apr 06, 2013
Wow! It seems like planning a wedding in Nigeria while away is a mistake. I'm trying to learn from this experience, how can one avoid this mess with wedding planners because mine will be in Abuja. My Mum and I share different tastes. Hope I don't encounter all these disappointments. I look at some make-up artists on FB and I'm like WTH? Some of them make brides look like scare crows. #Saddening
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 06, 2013
Afterall all said,and done,I wish you Happy Married Life,your experience would definitely make me prepare for the worst during mine,coming soon. Once again,Happy Married Life.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 06, 2013

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Yvete(f): 8:01am On Apr 06, 2013
2 glasses cost £300? Lolz.
Maybe it would be wise to hire two planners or I'll contract different people myself. I've never organized any event in my life. All my birthdays has been dinner with friends and thats it.

I remember my younger brothers (twins) 3rd birthday many years ago in Nigeria. The camera/video man disappointed us with stories that not one professional picture was provided from that birthday. We don't even have a Video Casette for that day. Lord have mercy!
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 06, 2013
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by eastOFwest(m): 8:28am On Apr 06, 2013
steph7: Wow!! so sad, at least your caterers did a good job. This is why I'm planning my wedding ceremony for late evening, so morning I will be with the hall decorators watching them. Woe betide you eh! if you don't finish my decor on time. my wedding cake is already sorted by my mum. if the Mary you mentioned is the same mary i know, then she is quite okay. I went for a wedding once that the wedding planner came to the hall few mins before the bride and groom , imagine!! For hall decorations in Ph, I recommend dezua events, she is quite good and cheap too, for cakes and small chops Creamy and crusty, her cakes are mind blowing and moderately priced, she does high rise cakes for far less than a mill compared to what tosan collects for 3 million. then there is a wedding planner in atrium... I think Joan, she is quite good and really helps brides get the best deals from their vendors. For food I won't recommend anyone, too many experience to make a good judgement call.

Please do you, or anyone here,know anybody in PH who can make trendy traditional menswear? Thanks.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by eastOFwest(m): 8:39am On Apr 06, 2013
chaircover:
My sister never saw her wedding video. The videographer said he sent it to Italy for finishing touches (ive never heard that one before o!) and it never came back shocked

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 06, 2013
eastOFwest:

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Loooooooooooll
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by GraceBestowed(f): 1:13pm On Apr 06, 2013
Mhen, this is why I am sure that I am going to personally oversee, and complete, my wedding hall decorations!!! No unserious human being will ever make me cry on my wedding day, because of incompetence!!

These people mess up, because they know that they've gotten their money! Good on you for naming, and shaming them!

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Monzuur(m): 1:16pm On Apr 06, 2013
My future wify u mad nee!!! Must I date everybody before u come?

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by fittty(m): 1:25pm On Apr 06, 2013
This is super story!

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by siddiq202(m): 1:31pm On Apr 06, 2013
chaircover, you are damn funny.. jeez grin
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by otokx(m): 1:36pm On Apr 06, 2013
At poster you were very lucky, the problem with Nigeria is the corrupt mentality of the majority of the people in it. First of all it is a crime to keep to any appointment, there will always be an excuse to be late - its a part of our culture. It does appear it is now in our culture to defraud every and any person to the best of our ability knowing the person may not have the patience or time to take the matter up. I still get baffled when i see 2 people based in the UK who met there still coming back to Nigeria to do wedding; personally think its crazy and suicidal.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by xykms101: 1:39pm On Apr 06, 2013
emm2k3: Hi all,

I’m going to share this story for the sole reason to encourage people to come forward and share reviews on services they have received from business men/ women /company’s/ organisations in Nigeria. We cannot underestimate the power of reviews especially in this era where there’s so much media presence and internet facilities. This will ensure that we eradicate fraudsters from our midst and certainly out of business. It will also help promote the good ones amongst us and ensure they stay in business, and ultimately help promote the[b] “NIGERIAN NAME”[/b].

My wedding was last year November in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. I was over the moon with excitement as I was getting married to the man of my dreams. We deliberated over where the wedding should hold as we both reside in the UK. Doing the wedding in the UK would mean I had more control over the planning. Doing it in Nigeria would mean we could get our parents fully involved and give them the pleasure of inviting their friends. Ultimately we decided we’d go home and have the wedding. I knew it’d be tasking and time consuming planning a wedding from a distance but I braced myself for it. I included money for call cards to our wedding budget so I was able to make calls to everyone involved one day every week to catch up on progress of things.
My husband’s family and mine were extremely supportive and with their help we had a beautiful ceremony. The weather was just beautiful, and God was there.
There were some people whose services we sought, who worked very hard to make our day very beautiful. There were also some people whose services we sought who went out of their way to totally embarrass and disgrace themselves and their business name.

I’m going to start with the lady that I paid a huge sum to do my reception hall decoration for me. Her name is Josephine and her company name is J’s event and gift concept. My husband’s cousin got her contact from a friend and started speaking to her for me. I’m quite a realistic person, so I stated how much I was willing to spend for my decoration and asked my husband’s cousin to work around that. She came to an agreement with the lady. Cool! The lady insisted that everything should be paid before the 2weeks leading to the wedding and gave us a breakdown of how she wanted her money. Since I don’t live in the country, I’m not too sure how these things work anymore, so I went along with it. I called her intermittently in the months leading to my wedding, just to make sure we were all on the same page and she wasn’t struggling with anything. I even offered to purchase anything she didn’t have, but she insisted she was a professional and had everything sorted. I came into Nigeria and made an appointment to see her with my husband’s cousin. We went to her house; she looked very responsible, husband, kids, and generally comfortable folks. Fair enough! We went through everything again; last minute questions and all. She told me to contact the venue and tell them she’ll start decorating the evening before, which I did and got back to her saying it was OK. So everything was supposed to be sorted at her end.
On my wedding morning, I was at the hotel, getting ready and I got a call from my brother saying no one had come to decorate the cars! The décor lady was supposed to send someone to the house by half 8 to sort the cars! I tried to reach her immediately, her number wasn’t going through. I called my husbands cousin and told her what was happening. She assured me she’ll get to the woman. At 10am there was still no word from her. At that point I knew the cars won’t be decorated for the wedding. Fair enough! I had other issues to deal with so decided I won’t get worked up! Back at home and back in my husband’s hotel, they kept waiting for the decorator. I was 1hr late for my wedding because everyone kept waiting for the woman hoping someone would turn up. By the time we realised no one was coming, we knew we were going to be late! Thank God my best mate was with me, I probably would have lost it!

Fast forward to 12pm. The church service was over. We had planned not to spend time taking pictures in the church because we had a red carpet and back drop for photos at the reception venue. So we were getting ready to go to the reception when my brother called to say we should waste some time at the church as the reception decoration was hardly DONE YET!!!!This was half 12!!!! The woman sent 2 people to decorate a hall of 1000 capacity; the charger plates were not the number we discussed. There were no table numbers as we discussed! No hanging balls from the ceiling, some part of the ceiling was to be covered, that wasn’t done; no petals, crystals; the couch that was kept for the couple was so dirty and worn, it was disgraceful! I had asked for reserved seats for my bridal party, none of that was done! Simply put, the decoration was HORRIBLE!!!!! One saving grace was my colours of the day, Fuchsia pink and Turquoise blue. The colours were so bright; they toned down how bad the decoration was. IMAGINE I USED GREY!!!! My brother was at the reception hall during the church service, trying to help the much he could. He was so upset, he asked the little girl she sent, “WHERE IS YOUR MADAM?” WHY SHE NO DEY HERE” The girl replied and said, MY MADAM DEY PRESIDENTIAL HOTEL, SHE GET ANOTHER JOB THERE.

So this woman knew she wouldn’t have been able to do the job or took on the job and took the second one in presidential, when she knew she didn’t have enough resources to take on both jobs and decided to use me as THE SACRIFICAL LAMB ON MY BIG DAY!!! WHAT A BIG SHAME!!!SHAME ON HER!!!!
The person I felt sorry for the most was my husband’s cousin, she was totally embarrassed and too shocked at the woman’s conduct.

Fast forward after the wedding, she didn’t have the decency to take the blame! She rather blamed it on her workers who didn’t listen to instructions! And I ask did I pay your workers? Do I know your workers? Who is the face of your “so called J’s events and gift concept” Again “APPROPRIARTE DAMAGE” CONTROL would have helped salvage her name, but nothing of that sort!!!!
Again being married doesn’t make one responsible, neither does having kids, neither does having “Amazing grace” as your ring tone make you any better than the Boko haram out there or the OGA AT THE TOP dude! If I still lived in Nigeria, I’d have sued this woman for FRAUD! That in my opinion is what she is!
Beware also she has a fantastic looking facebook page! Having a facebook page isn’t a review. Anyone can have a facebook page and upload whatever they damn please on it!

DJ AND MC

We got a[b] DJ (DJ DX OF LOVE FM)[/b] for the occasion. At the time I wanted a live band for my traditional and a dj for my white. It didn’t quite work out as I planned. My mum said she hadn’t come across something she liked. So to keep it safe, I settled for the same dj for both trad and white. Again, I scheduled an appointment to meet with him. My husband and I met with him and his so called manager at Kilimanjaro. Typically we were kept waiting and it was put down to traffic! We talked through what I expected that day and all. After the meeting he requested for some money. I told him I didn’t expect to give him any money so didn’t come with cash. I rummaged through my bag and had a decent sum to give him. (This was a mistake as he and my mum had agreed on a payment plan and the second advance wasn’t due yet! I found out about this when I got home). DJ DX went on to ask us (my husband and I) who the MC was going to be for the white. I told him someone my family has known for a while now. But I was still talking with him. He started to say he had a guy he worked with, who was a fantastic MC, they have worked together for a long time, he also works in Love FM (his name is SLOW ICE), I would like him…bla..bla…bla..We told him we had a budget for MC and that that wasn’t an area we would be willing to spend too much on. He said we shouldn’t decide yet let him speak to the guy first, that the guy will go with our price and so much nonsense… SLOW ICE agreed to be our MC. He asked me to deposit the money in his account, which I agreed to do. I wanted to meet with him before the wedding because I had to run through the programme with him. But there was so much to do, I decided that since he was a radio presenter, he’d manage fine and I’ll just have to speak with him before the reception started. Fast-forward to my wedding reception. I was sat in the car, waiting for the party to start. I asked someone to call the MC OUT and he came. As soon as the guy came to me, I knew he wasn’t “SLOW ICE”! I knew this because I already had a visual description of slow ice from the DJDX guy. So I said to him, where is slow ice? He looked shocked and was about to lie. And I Said, you’re not slow ice. Where is he? The guy said oh, there’s traffic on the way, he’s on his way, we’re colleagues and he asked me to start up for him and he’ll take over. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. At that point I decided I won’t get mad, I’ll calm down, smile and have fun. Meanwhile this stranger had already introduced himself inside as[b] “SLOW ICE”,[/b] thereby impersonating the real guy. Fast forward 2hrs later SLOW ICE didn’t show up. Towards the end, the “SLOW ICE” impersonator left without a word to anyone and handed over to another strange looking guy that was totally not even dressed for the occasion to take over from him! This second person was still not SLOW ICE and thankfully everyone was dancing and wasn’t interested in hearing what he was saying!
[b]Now let me give the first guy that was the MC some credit. He did a great job. I’d have been happy to pay for him from the start. If SLOW ICE had said I’m sorry I can’t make it, but I’ll give you someone else’s number that is equally good, then it’d have been my call. The guy should have used his original name to introduce him and not use someone else’s ID as he was asked to.
SLOW ICE himself is a disgrace and an embarrassment in my opinion.
You don’t do things that way especially if you value your integrity more than money. But I guess INTEGRITY is a big word! I sent him a text after the wedding, and he never responded! VERY RUDE AND DISGUSTING ATTITUDE! I spoke to DJDX after the wedding, and told him he knew right from the start that that guy won’t show up, and convinced me to use him. SHAME ON THEM BOTH! Again If I had the time, I would have sued “THE SO CALLED SLOW ICE” for FRAUD!!!! That in my opinion is what he is. I would derive the satisfaction of watching him spend the money he’s earned through defrauding people on lawyer’s fees and other related cost.[/b]

Everyday we complain about our leaders, everyone is so quick to crucify people in power. We’ve helped to get the “OGA AT THE TOP DUDE” out of his seat; yet on our own level, we do nothing to curb the corruption in our midst! The same people pointing fingers have a mirror in front of them and have failed to look at their own reflection!!!!

While some people were working so hard to ruin my day, some folks were working so hard to make me smile.

I’d like to recommend the lady that did my cake, CHIOMA. She did both my traditional and white cake. The cakes tasted heavenly and looked even better. Simple and classy! She was always on the phone with me asking what I wanted and all. She was very professional, her view and her general approach. And her price was very decent. I’d certainly recommend this lady for[b] CAKES[/b] and[b] SMALL CHOPS.[/b]

Also the lady that catered for the white wedding, MARY, was absolutely amazing. She was very honest with her prices and feedback. She was an absolute Angel. People like her make me believe there’s hope for a better future for Nigeria. She was so good to me, like I was always meeting with her to add something or increase the number. She took it on very calmly. On the day, she and her crew looked very smart in their uniform. The food was fantastic and on point. Very presentable and everyone had something to eat. I’d totally recommend MARY.

The lady that did my traditional decoration needs an award. I was blown away when I came outside my house. Her name is FAVOUR. Her and her team did a fantastic job, more than words can describe. She also did the cup cakes for my white wedding and they were heavenly!!!This lady made me smile. She was very professional and kind; always asking if I’m resting and eating well. I don’t blame her! I had lost 6kg body weight in less than 2 weeks!

If anyone requires the contacts of these persons, please don’t hesitate to ask.

My wedding experience, if I wanted to write it all, wouldn’t end here. But again the reason why I’m writing this is to encourage people to write reviews. In this age, you should be able to Google a company’s name and see reviews managed by INDEPENDENT BODIES. I checked out J’S EVENT AND GIFT CONCEPT on the internet and all that came back was her facebook page which is MOST HIGHLY INSUFFICIENT!!!!
abeg go siddon for hot stone, stingy moro.n. Uk based my foot besides welcome to naija where people do unscrupulous to stingy people.

Infact you need to be sued for trying to tarnish someone's image. Give us the pictures of that hall and let's how horrible as you claimed.

4 Likes

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by freecocoa(f): 1:43pm On Apr 06, 2013
I honestly don't know why some of this so called events planners can't be straight forward.

My cousin wedded in january and the decorator came very late, I and some of my friends had to decorate the cars ourselves and even helped her and her understaffed crew in decorating the venue for the reception, it was really annoying.

The cake woman didn't even bring the small chops that she was paid to, inshort at a point the bride's elder sister almost fought her.

I wish I took the time out to even care about their company names, I'd have posted them here.

I'm at a wedding reception venue in Awka now and mehn, you need to see the decoration, its just AWESOME, whoever did it knows what's up, I'm trying to get his\her name, maybe na them go do my own.grin
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by fittty(m): 1:43pm On Apr 06, 2013
xykms101: abeg go siddon for hot stone, stingy moro.n. Uk based my foot besides welcome to naija where people do unscrupulous to stingy people.

Hey! Did u have to quote the whole damn text? angry

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by texazzpete(m): 1:48pm On Apr 06, 2013
Ok, I was reading your epistle and smiling along in sympathy until I came to this section.

emm2k3: We’ve helped to get the “OGA AT THE TOP DUDE” out of his seat; yet on our own level, we do nothing to curb the corruption in our midst!

Why would you take pride in this? Truly, what does not knowing a website URL have to do with his duties to keep the peace and nip crime in the bud? What has his gaffe on live TV got to do with his competence in his job?

emm2k3: The same people pointing fingers have a mirror in front of them and have failed to look at their own reflection!!!

I wish you'd take your own advice and look at your reflection.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 06, 2013
xykms101: abeg go siddon for hot stone, stingy moro.n. Uk based my foot besides welcome to naija where people do unscrupulous to stingy people.

Infact you need to be sued for trying to tarnish someone's image. Give us the pictures of that hall and let's how horrible as you claimed.

Better stay away from drugs

6 Likes

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by ajos(m): 1:50pm On Apr 06, 2013
[quote author=emm2k3][/quote]

SO GOODLUCK WANT TO GIVE BOKO HARAM AMNESTY..............?

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by freecocoa(f): 1:54pm On Apr 06, 2013

You must be a very stup!d person, like wtf is your problem?

3 Likes

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by eforce: 1:55pm On Apr 06, 2013
That is the problem with Nigeria, we blame our leaders for everything , when we are just a reflection of them, we have lost all sense of morality and integrity and the our mind has become foolish. You would notice some of the comments on this thread are supporting these people because they themselves are also suffering from the madness of the mind.
@ poster i think you should have put at least the phone numbers of those people that did well, so people can contact them.
We chase money so much in Nigeria, we forget about integrity, brand management and morality and the funny thing about this is that the so called josephine would probably be in church on sunday , singing praises to God.

Well, i would also like to tell you , this is not only in Nigeria. When planning anything you have to micromanage your workers. Well be happy you are married.happy married life.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by tonididdy(m): 1:57pm On Apr 06, 2013
@OP your wife nor dey talk...e sorry meant your husband.

where is he from,
na chinko
or lebanese
or whitee
or american cheesy
or nigerian sad
i want to know.i want to know la la la

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Most Beautiful Girl In LASU Embarks On A Community Project: #saynotorape / Bride Delivers Baby Hours To Wedding / Groom And His Mother Rock The Dance Floor At His Wedding (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.