Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

It's My Problem, But You Can Help. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / It's My Problem, But You Can Help. (1014 Views)

KISSING Isn't A Problem. But There's A Problem!!!.... / I Am 16 Years Old And This Is My Problem..mature Comments Please / What Could Be My Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's My Problem, But You Can Help. by Fadar(m): 5:02am On Apr 04, 2008
I am in a perfect relationship with a white girl, she's 2yrs older than i am,
we've been dating since July last year and in February 08, she moved in with me,
we are planning our wedding this summer, but the problems are;

1). She has a high level type-1 Diabetes that has always stop her from having a child,
that means if we marry, i will only adopt a child, and,

2). Recently, we had our first real argument about something, i told her if she do a particular stuff,
i will call the police, and she replied telling me that in case i don't know, the police will always believe
her against me, that am black, she's white.
This is the worst racial comments anyone has ever said to me and is very frustrating because i love her,
she's honest, hard working, humble and trustworthy, plumb and curvy in right places, like an African girl, and in bed, she's d' bomb,
she's the best girl i ever dated in my life.

IF YOU WERE IN MY SHOES, WHAT WILL YOU DO? CONTINUE OR CANCEL THE WEDDING?
(Honest advice, guys especially).
Re: It's My Problem, But You Can Help. by 4Him(m): 5:07am On Apr 04, 2008
Sorry about the not having children aspect. I think u shld be asking if ur family can cope with that.
Its tough managing diabetes, i'm not sure u want to do that all ur life.

Forget the "racial comment", we all say things we dont mean in the heat of the moment. I'd expect that you sat her down when u'd calmed down and told her how hurt u were by that statement . . . if she truly loves u she'll make sure not to repeat it again.
Re: It's My Problem, But You Can Help. by icarius(m): 6:49am On Apr 04, 2008
I'm pretty okay with 4him.

I don't think taking choice when you're angry will help you to make the right choice.

I think the best things to do is to talk with your famillly and your wife also, that's a very difficult choice to make but you have to listen your heart and your entourage,

but If you take a decision, don't feel guilty, don't look behin! it was your decision and a good decision, nothing else smiley

good luck to you
Re: It's My Problem, But You Can Help. by Imani(f): 7:08am On Apr 04, 2008
Fadar:

I am in a perfect relationship with a white girl, she's 2yrs older than i am,
we've been dating since July last year and in February 08, she moved in with me,
we are planning our wedding this summer, but the problems are;

1). She has a high level type-1 Diabetes that has always stop her from having a child,
that means if we marry, i will only adopt a child, and,

2). Recently, we had our first real argument about something, i told her if she do a particular stuff,
i will call the police, and she replied telling me that in case i don't know, the police will always believe
her against me, that am black, she's white
This is the worst racial comments anyone has ever said to me and is very frustrating because i love her,
she's honest, hard working, humble and trustworthy, plumb and curvy in right places, like an African girl, and in bed, she's d' bomb,
she's the best girl i ever dated in my life.

IF YOU WERE IN MY SHOES, WHAT WILL YOU DO? CONTINUE OR CANCEL THE WEDDING?
(Honest advice, guys especially).

1. Hope you truly love her and not just feel sorry for her. It takes a lot to be with a sick loved one. Please think carefully. The worst thing that can happen is when a few years down the line, you wonder why you made such a choice. Like someone else said, talk to your family about it especially if you have african background.

2. Are you guys serious at all? What kind of quarrel did you have that you threatened to call the cops. shocked You are not even married yet. undecided

With regards to her comments, 4Him said to "ignore" that since it may have been said in the heat of the moment. If you ask me, that statement is pretty much "loaded". Someone who claims to love you can and can confidently say "it's my word against yours" should be avoided in my opinion. When race plays a part in a relationship, the two parties MUST be matured enough to handle, and from the information in your original post, i dont know how old you guys are but gosh, you are both behaving like kids. Sorry i am harsh. But it is highly advisable not to comtemplate spending the rest of your life with someone you can merely tolerate without calling outsiders for help. You both MUST go for counselling ASAP.
Re: It's My Problem, But You Can Help. by Akinagirl(f): 8:24am On Apr 04, 2008
i concur with the poster above, pre-marital counseling should help wonders.
Re: It's My Problem, But You Can Help. by Outstrip(f): 5:09am On Apr 05, 2008
Run from her as quickly as you can. Implying that the police will believe her over you is scary as hell. This woman is dangerous. The diabetes is not even the issue.
Re: It's My Problem, But You Can Help. by madamkoko: 2:39am On Apr 06, 2008
Like most Nigerians would say, [b]make SURE TO FAST AND PRAY[/b] about her. She might be a witch in disguise!!!!!!!
Re: It's My Problem, But You Can Help. by henry007(m): 2:52am On Apr 06, 2008
u can like play csi .record her quotes asin record wellas enuff as evidence email 2 someone else make sure its safe confront her. threaten her and then shoot her or tie her up, if u're into s&m, u can sleep with her b4 slitting her throat , ,.,.,,,.,.,,.,,.sori guy, dis is my own version oh
Re: It's My Problem, But You Can Help. by chinda3: 1:25pm On Apr 06, 2008
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,dis case is tough oooooo,my advise to u is,dont marry out of pity,any girl dt challenges u wt all dis racial talk will most definitely use it to challenge u wt so many things in future,afterall out of d abundance of d heart d mouth speaketh,believe it or leave it lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Gft Do Guys/men Appreciate. / Help / What If Your Dad Was Once Her Aristo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.