Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

South African Hotel Bans Nigerians - Politics (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South African Hotel Bans Nigerians (58910 Views)

Photos Of South African Troops In Maiduguri ? / Dickson Bans Activities Of Group Supporting Jonathan Re-election / Nigerian Envoy Robbed In South African Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by GeneralJ(m): 11:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
hahahahahhahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah

Nigeria is still better than ghana, only SA can actually argue on this forum
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by sithwell: 2:51am On Apr 09, 2013
After all has been said and done, Nigerians, South Africans and Ghanaians that are worth their salt continue adding value all over Africa. Sam Jonah is one of my ultimate heroes. I read "Sam Jonah and the Remaking of Ashanti" in the same way I read Mandela's "Long Walk to Freedom". I found lots of inspiration in how he took a junior mining company in Ghana and turned it into a force to be reckoned with, before he went on to make magic in the boardrooms of South Africa. When I met him at Wits Business School in Johannesburg, I didn't wash my hands for 10 days! grin Everything I know about Ghana today is thanks to having read that book, which then led to my interest in the country that he comes from. I hope to learn about Nigeria too, thanks to a Nigerian young man I recently met in Johannesburg. Humble, intelligent and resolute, he is busy making his contribution and getting himself educated at the same time.

While the likes of him continue living life as though the borders that bind us do not exist, we are here, fighting. It's like rivaling soccer fans who kill each other; when the teams concerned actually have players who are friends; and who meet up for coffee every once in a while.

We can all agree that the type of value-adding Africans I am talking about aren't the majority on this thread - no offence intended to anyone. The educated, proper businessman Nigerian that works in Johannesburg isn't here. The South African accountant who's been seconded to Nigeria is also not here. Neither is the brilliant young Ghanaian who works for a big five law firm in Sandton.

What we have instead are lots of "streetwise" people, who see "the hustle" as being the mark of intelligence. Pockets of reason here and there, but not enough. Not on this thread, anyway.

If you're educated, have a plan that benefits not just you, but also your fellow man, you'll NEVER EVER experience xenophobia or rejection based on where you come from. Your movement will never be restricted by the borders of your country of birth.

However, if you have get-rich-quick-no-matter-what tendencies, the world will see that; and the world will reject you. Therefore, next time you hear someone complaining about xenophobia and ill-treatment, pause for a moment and see whether you are talking to a giver or a taker. When you see someone inflict xenophobic pain on others, ask yourself the same question. I promise you, if that person is speaking from personal experience, more often than not, the person will be a taker.

Takers suffer xenophobia. Takers also inflict xenophobic pain on others. Givers do not. Givers contribute; and givers get rid of those that do not contribute and they welcome other contributors, no matter where they come from. #truths.

If you spend your time bettering yourself, so that you can in turn better others, you will never cross paths with takers or better stated, takers will have no business with you.

With that said, I will grab some popcorn and coke. But not before I say these words..."FIGHT!"

Oh, as a matter of interest, sweetcheeks' girlish wit grin grin ! But I'm not commenting on the content of her posts. You guys are already on top of that - and on top of each other.

Have a good one my people and remember, the world is watching. Whatever you do from now on, know that this will not end well and there'll be no winners.

5 Likes

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by splashbaby(m): 5:11am On Apr 09, 2013
Una still dey for ds matter? Seun go just dey smile...more page to post advert. When d thing reach 100 I go come back...Alexia #ratingthing
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by jidewin(m): 9:04am On Apr 09, 2013
sithwell: After all has been said and done, Nigerians, South Africans and Ghanaians that are worth their salt continue adding value all over Africa. Sam Jonah is one of my ultimate heroes. I read "Sam Jonah and the Remaking of Ashanti" in the same way I read Mandela's "Long Walk to Freedom". I found lots of inspiration in how he took a junior mining company in Ghana and turned it into a force to be reckoned with, before he went on to make magic in the boardrooms of South Africa. When I met him at Wits Business School in Johannesburg, I didn't wash my hands for 10 days! grin Everything I know about Ghana today is thanks to having read that book, which then led to my interest in the country that he comes from. I hope to learn about Nigeria too, thanks to a Nigerian young man I recently met in Johannesburg. Humble, intelligent and resolute, he is busy making his contribution and getting himself educated at the same time.

While the likes of him continue living life as though the borders that bind us do not exist, we are here, fighting. It's like rivaling soccer fans who kill each other; when the teams concerned actually have players who are friends; and who meet up for coffee every once in a while.

We can all agree that the type of value-adding Africans I am talking about aren't the majority on this thread - no offence intended to anyone. The educated, proper businessman Nigerian that works in Johannesburg isn't here. The South African accountant who's been seconded to Nigeria is also not here. Neither is the brilliant young Ghanaian who works for a big five law firm in Sandton.

What we have instead are lots of "streetwise" people, who see "the hustle" as being the mark of intelligence. Pockets of reason here and there, but not enough. Not on this thread, anyway.

If you're educated, have a plan that benefits not just you, but also your fellow man, you'll NEVER EVER experience xenophobia or rejection based on where you come from. Your movement will never be restricted by the borders of your country of birth.

However, if you have get-rich-quick-no-matter-what tendencies, the world will see that; and the world will reject you. Therefore, next time you hear someone complaining about xenophobia and ill-treatment, pause for a moment and see whether you are talking to a giver or a taker. When you see someone inflict xenophobic pain on others, ask yourself the same question. I promise you, if that person is speaking from personal experience, more often than not, the person will be a taker.

Takers suffer xenophobia. Takers also inflict xenophobic pain on others. Givers do not. Givers contribute; and givers get rid of those that do not contribute and they welcome other contributors, no matter where they come from. #truths.

If you spend your time bettering yourself, so that you can in turn better others, you will never cross paths with takers or better stated, takers will have no business with you.

With that said, I will grab some popcorn and coke. But not before I say these words..."FIGHT!"

Oh, as a matter of interest, sweetcheeks' girlish wit grin grin ! But I'm not commenting on the content of her posts. You guys are already on top of that - and on top of each other.

Have a good one my people and remember, the world is watching. Whatever you do from now on, know that this will not end well and there'll be no winners.
Seconded cool
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 09, 2013
Wow what you just wrote left me speechless. You are really one of a kind and if you are like this in real life then i see you going very far. We need more open minded ppl who are willing to learn from others even though they may not be from the same country. Instead we are fighting one another and hating on each other and thinking we are better than the other yet we are not contributing positively to our countries but rather making matters worse as the more fights goes on, the more justifications we have for feeling a certain way about a group of ppl. I have been to South Africa before, went there for the world cup and i must say Sa is a very beautiful country and i really enjoyed my stay there. Just keep on with this mindset because if you can just inflence 1 person then that means that already we are on our way. Our problem is that we do not take the time to understand one another and yes we are different. I think once ppl have a better understanding and respect for other africans then things will change for the better.
sithwell: After all has been said and done, Nigerians, South Africans and Ghanaians that are worth their salt continue adding value all over Africa. Sam Jonah is one of my ultimate heroes. I read "Sam Jonah and the Remaking of Ashanti" in the same way I read Mandela's "Long Walk to Freedom". I found lots of inspiration in how he took a junior mining company in Ghana and turned it into a force to be reckoned with, before he went on to make magic in the boardrooms of South Africa. When I met him at Wits Business School in Johannesburg, I didn't wash my hands for 10 days! grin Everything I know about Ghana today is thanks to having read that book, which then led to my interest in the country that he comes from. I hope to learn about Nigeria too, thanks to a Nigerian young man I recently met in Johannesburg. Humble, intelligent and resolute, he is busy making his contribution and getting himself educated at the same time.

1 Like

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:58am On Apr 09, 2013
[quote author=sithwell]After all has been said and done, Nigerians, South Africans and Ghanaians that are worth their salt continue adding value all over Africa. Sam Jonah is one of my ultimate heroes. I read "Sam Jonah and the Remaking of Ashanti" in the same way I read Mandela's "Long Walk to Freedom". I found lots of inspiration in how he took a junior mining company in Ghana and turned it into a force to be reckoned with, before he went on to make magic in the boardrooms of South Africa. [/qoute]
I simply cannot commend you enough for this post. Absolutely brilliant! Peach of a post!!

1 Like

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by splashbaby(m): 12:53pm On Apr 09, 2013
vmonyoue:

U sef. Watin Ghanaian name come do for here? Leave Ghana out of this abeg... U no fit spell YORUBA but u dey fit spell Igbo abi? Foolish goat. lol
Na dust full your brain stunted f.ool...By the way when did you leave the asylum? Half headed monster.
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by sithwell: 2:57pm On Apr 09, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:
Wow what you just wrote left me speechless. You are really one of a kind and if you are like this in real life then i see you going very far. We need more open minded ppl who are willing to learn from others even though they may not be from the same country. Instead we are fighting one another and hating on each other and thinking we are better than the other yet we are not contributing positively to our countries but rather making matters worse as the more fights goes on, the more justifications we have for feeling a certain way about a group of ppl. I have been to South Africa before, went there for the world cup and i must say Sa is a very beautiful country and i really enjoyed my stay there. Just keep on with this mindset because if you can just inflence 1 person then that means that already we are on our way. Our problem is that we do not take the time to understand one another and yes we are different. I think once ppl have a better understanding and respect for other africans then things will change for the better.

Thank you for appreciating the post; and I agree wholeheartedly with you. It's all about understanding smiley

Banter, competition, defending one's flag; and that kind of stuff are fine (I enjoy that myself, from time to time). However, the line between banter and hate is solid and thick. Yet, people are happy to cross it for no reason. This thread has been nothing but hate. Given that there isn't a single country in the whole of Africa that is where it needs to be, the hate is counter-productive. Once we are done with all of this, we still need to be able to work with each other.

1 Like

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by ablyguy(m): 10:27pm On May 02, 2013
kpolli: Nigerians go to cities and adapt to businesses they see there.... So this myth of Nigerians bringing crime to ZA is a bloody lie.... That's why Nigerians don't go to Houston and start hawking and selling drugs, they open businesses that are already present.....

So South Africans should stop complaining, it's obvious Naija guys went there and started out selling their ZA pimps and now they are complaining....

If the main trade in a country is crime, expect the Nigerian to open a business in crime.

This is only reasonable comment I've seen here so far on this subject...
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by RSAMAN(m): 11:23am On Aug 04, 2013
coogar:

when he was locked up, nigerians took to the streets, nigerian artistes took his matter to their recording studio and pressed for his release whilst your men were hiding under the caves running from your slavemasters.

you mentally-indigent peasant - what do you know about freedom? sit down, let me lecture you how pathetic your life was before nigerians and other africans pressed for the release of your country hero, you piece of shyte.....

you are the love child of stupidity and imbecility.
like i said, if the country is good enough, we wouldn't need to travel abroad and cause chaos in other countries. we produce oil, we should be living like kings - UAE, saudi arabia, qatar, oman, brunei. the government whose dïck you keep sucking should be providing benefits to every citizen of nigeria - we are that rich!

if you are celebrating mediocrity because of your low level of intelligence, i would not.... you are so idiotic you don't even know your rights have been stolen from you - you are a slave in your own country and you have the chutzpah to come online to rant like a photosensitive epileptic patient

it shall not be well with you.....

your ignorance never ceases to amaze me. Nigeria didn't fight apartheid for south africa, the whole world did. South Africa wouldn't do it alone. Stop speaking when you lack knowledge dumbass, pretending to know it all when you know next to nothing!

3 Likes

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by coogar: 12:54pm On Aug 04, 2013
RSAMAN:
your ignorance never ceases to amaze me. Nigeria didn't fight apartheid for south africa, the whole world did. South Africa wouldn't do it alone. Stop speaking when you lack knowledge dumbass, pretending to know it all when you know next to nothing!

you are a product of a polyandrous marriage....
look at this ignorant bastärd - the tool doesn't even know the history of the country he was sired. it's not unusual to find illiterates amongst your kind but remember to thank me for educating you about the history of your country in the apartheid-era.....

South Africa Praises Nigeria's Military

The South African National Defence Force (SANDF) foreign relations head has praised the Nigerian Armed forces for its strong relationship with the South African military.

Major General Daniel Mofokeng, head of SANDF Foreign Relations, said Nigeria was in the forefront in the struggle against apartheid and that the country made huge sacrifices for the liberation of South Africa from minority rule.

Nigeria supported the then Frontline States organisation, which was established to achieve democratic majority rule in South Africa. Former members included Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe. According to the South African Institute of International Affairs, Namibia contributed an estimated US$61 billion towards the anti-apartheid effort between the 1980s and 1994.

Nigeria played a pivotal role in establishing the United Nations Special Committee against Apartheid in the 1960s while ordinary Nigerians contributed financially to the anti-apartheid movement, especially in reaction to the 1976 Soweto uprisings.

Mofokeng said that Nigeria also offered military training and support to assist the African National Congress. According to him, Nigeria’s gesture helped shore up relations between Abuja and Pretoria.

“I must say the relations between the two countries most especially before 1994; has been extra ordinary in the sense that Nigeria has been in the forefront in the anti-apartheid struggle. It assisted and trained our cadre, our students and military students then. So I must say the cooperation between the two has been very great indeed”.

“The Nigerian Armed Forces’ very intimidating credentials, in terms of its military professionalism, is exemplified by its role in Liberia, Sierra Leone and most recently, in Ivory Coast,” Nigeria’s Defence Adviser to South Africa, Commodore Jacob Ajani told the Voice of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by coogar: 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
How We Funded Anti-Apartheid - Jonathan

11. The role played by individual nations, including my country Nigeria, in the struggle for the emergence of a new South Africa that is non-racial, independent and democratic is already part of the special linkages between our two countries. In those dark seasons, Nigerians stood by their South African brothers and sisters, because we shared your pain and concerns. Today, we also stand shoulder to shoulder with you as brothers and sisters and as partners, working together in pursuit of mutually beneficial interests.

12. Suffice it to say that throughout the long-drawn, anti-apartheid struggle, although we were not geographically contiguous, Nigeria was, nevertheless, considered a Frontline State, by the sheer fact of our commitment to the just struggle for freedom in Southern Africa.

13. It is important to recall, that this was a cause every Nigerian was committed to, not just those in government, but the people themselves. It was for this reason the Southern African Relief Fund (SARF) was created.

14. This was funded with deductions from the salary of every Nigerian worker, irrespective of rank, both in the public and private sectors as well as donations from ordinary Nigerians in all walks of life, including students. This fund was placed at the disposal of the liberation struggle.

15. Nigeria provided scholarships for students from South Africa. Our musicians waxed albums in support of the anti-apartheid struggle, a memorable one in this respect being Sonny Okosun’s timeless piece, “Fire in Soweto”. Our poets wrote protest literature denouncing man’s inhumanity to man; whenever South Africans protested against injustice, Nigerian students also took to the streets in support and solidarity.

16. At the international level, Nigeria gave leadership at the United Nations, the Organization of African Unity, as it then was, the Commonwealth and several other fora in the fight against apartheid. For instance, we chaired the UN Special Committee Against Apartheid (UNSCAA) for most of its existence.

17. We spearheaded the boycott of the Commonwealth Games. We nationalised the assets of British Petroleum (BP) and kept away from our borders those who had dealings with the then racist minority regimes in Southern Africa, all in the course of the fight against apartheid and minority rule. Your struggle was our struggle, your pain was our pain, and today, your freedom is our freedom.

RSAMAN, as you can see - my parents deducted funds from their salaries to fight against the white minority group treating föols like you as slaves on your home soil. so the next time you open your cess-pit you call a mouth, remember nigerians provided scholarships for the students in your country to have quality education....

3 Likes

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by RSAMAN(m): 7:12pm On Aug 04, 2013
now i just pissed my pants laughingl! That couldn't have ended apartheid you slowpoke!

1 Like

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by RSAMAN(m): 7:16pm On Aug 04, 2013
And why are you swearing when you speak? Is that supposed to make you right or look cool? But i don't blame you, given the intellect you've just shown here!
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by atlwireles: 7:29pm On Aug 04, 2013
RSAMAN: now i just pissed my pants laughingl! That couldn't have ended apartheid you slowpoke!

I think your country was better in the days of apartheid. An average black south African needs to be caged like an ape.
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by RSAMAN(m): 7:58pm On Aug 04, 2013
atlwireles:

I think your country was better in the days of apartheid. An average black south African needs to be caged like an ape.

clearly this ain't going anywhere, i'm surrounded by stupidity of the highest order. Ain't worth my time, goodbye!
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by coogar: 9:20pm On Aug 04, 2013
RSAMAN: And why are you swearing when you speak? Is that supposed to make you right or look cool? But i don't blame you, given the intellect you've just shown here!

you must have a splinter in your sphincter....
idïots like you should have been gassed during the holocaust. you dare question my intelligence? half the cube-root of my IQ is beyond you. every citizen of your country owes nigerians their gratitude. we gave you life when the whole world neglected you...

RSAMAN: now i just pissed my pants laughingl! That couldn't have ended apartheid you slowpoke!

you are a consummate rëtard....
nigerians in their multitudes contributed funds to provide quality education for your parents and you are telling me those funds did not stop apartheid.

were you born feet first? what is with some of you south africans with your lack of mother wit? perhaps, it's something in the water. the next time you question the magnanimity of nigerians, i shall piss in your nostrils....
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by RSAMAN(m): 7:12am On Aug 05, 2013
Explain how quality education could have ended apartheid now! Clearly you don't know what pressurised the apartheid gorvenment to finally give in if you say the whole world had abandoned us!
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by ayindejimmy(m): 1:39am On Oct 02, 2014
sureteeboy: Nigerians are the shameless ones. They should come home and settle. Even if they can't live in the north, southwest is peaceful. Just last year, lots of nigerians were deported, it's a great shame to the name of nigeria already. If nigerians continue this way, Ghana may even deport nigerians or ban them from participating in their activities later
what if someone is there as expariate? Is nt evry1 that travelled abroad that went to hustle
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by ZDee: 12:14am On May 03, 2015
xenophobia, lool.
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by heartenzy20(m): 5:10pm On Dec 20, 2015
pls nigeria should react

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Yusuf Buhari's Accident. Calls Buhari 'Pharaoh' / Meet Waliyah Abiola, Daughter Of Late MKO Abiola, Who Is A Music Artiste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.