Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

South African Hotel Bans Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South African Hotel Bans Nigerians (58912 Views)

Photos Of South African Troops In Maiduguri ? / Dickson Bans Activities Of Group Supporting Jonathan Re-election / Nigerian Envoy Robbed In South African Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by Scarpon(m): 1:55pm On Apr 06, 2013
wickedness
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by mekaboy(m): 1:56pm On Apr 06, 2013
pDude: Nigerians you are a scorge to the earth.

That is why the other day i was hiding my green passport at work so nobody will see the shameful country i come from during our worker's verification program.

Tufiakwa. cry

Y don't u tear the passport or swallow it? Are u forced to be Nigerian? Make we begin beg u to become Nigerian?

Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by sunch(m): 1:57pm On Apr 06, 2013
Why blame every of your travails on the Govt, when you can develop urself with the little u have here instead of spending fortunes to live in another man's land that you wld be subject to a degrading job.
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by kritzmoritz(m): 1:59pm On Apr 06, 2013
I think its most regretable someone will go to my blog, copy my entire article in full and post it here without giving any credits. The person even disguised some of my exact words with his/her bad english in the last line. It is important to note that all articles on: http://www.kritzmoritz. is copyrighted. It doesn't cost a lot to do the right thing. Give credit to whom its due where necessary. That is the pride of any writer.

And for those who are asking, No, I don't live in South Africa.

7 Likes

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by TonySpike: 2:00pm On Apr 06, 2013
South Africa, as a nation, has her own problems she is struggling with. Why should Nigerians travel over 4500kms to another man's land, only to go and mess it up? Why? Must we always spoil everywhere we visit? The same scenario plays out in Holland, USA, UK, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore e.t.c. Could it be that we are resistant to civil laws or what?

As much as I condemn the actions of our people in SA, I believe there are a number of skilled Nigerian hands there. Unfortunately, the number of Nigerians in professions such as academia, medicine and other highly-skilled areas are very low compared to the 'street-wise' Nigerians. I think the onus is on the South African government to flush out the Nigerian liabilities in the system by deporting them back home. This is the only way sanity can return to areas like Hilbrow (Jozi), Point road (Durban), Sunny-side (Pretoria) and Sea point (Cape Town). Enough said!!!

7 Likes

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by sweetcheecks(f): 2:02pm On Apr 06, 2013
deelobe: One can infer you live in SA from the article. The general tone presupposes every Nigerian lives like that including you. The fact that some are like that doesn't mean we are all like that. I know Some Nigerians have been misbehaving over there. Let me tell youone thing such nefarious. Acts can only thrive when you have some form of South African consent and back up. Why don't you such things about Nigerians living in Switzerland. Every country should take responsibility for the nonsense they condone or accept. It's just like the case of the influx of Nigeriens, Chadians etc into Nigeria. The majority of the blame lies with us forgot putting laws to deter people from becoming nuisances in your
country.

You are talking crap you are tge first ones to cry foul when your country men are intorogated and you say SA is xenophobic. Your brothers have turned great suburbs like Seapoint in Cape Town, Hilbrow in Jhbg, Sunnyside in Pretoria, Point in Durban and many others into a no go areas. And you azzzholes come here to say SA has the highest crimes in the world when.most of the crime is done by your likes and when the public take it in their hands then SA is xenophobic. Check google if in doubt before the likes if you were allowed to come in SA crime was bot a known factor in SA. I support my country in dealing with any criminal element any way the want to reed it of this rotten behaviour. If they do not like they must go back to Nigeria. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by nig2change: 2:03pm On Apr 06, 2013
I just want to add that I don't live in SA. It was written by a friend. I brought it here for discussion. Nigeria is a great sleeping- but- soon- to- rise giant. We must find solutions to our problem. Govt can never solve all our problems. Irrespective of our differences we can unite to be great. UNITY in DIVERSITY.
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by PECO4KING(m): 2:03pm On Apr 06, 2013
Na who send u go S.A. Stay in your country so u can enter any hotel as long as u get ur money.
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by Desola(f): 2:03pm On Apr 06, 2013
Rossikk: Worthless article. If you travel abroad to sell drugs, it is Nigerian govt's fault. If you travel to do fraud, it is Nigerian govt's fault. If you travel to do prostitution, it is Nigerian govt's fault. If you travel abroad and keep your environment there dirty, it is Nigerian govt's fault. Tell me something. Does there come a time when these "perfect, innocent Nigerian citizens" actually take responsibility for their own actions?

Your head is there!

As much as I detest your support for PDP and the current government, I couldn't help but come out and show my total endorsement of this post.

1 Like

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by TonySpike: 2:04pm On Apr 06, 2013
israel007: And when u hear of this south africa you will think its one modest country. I don't blame u people. Na nigerians wey dey go there I blame.

Our crime rate near south africa own? Police will kill people publicly and and go free. Men women and children are molested day in day out, celebrities killing loved ones.

Mtcheeeew

Police no dey kill for Naija? Are Women and Children not molested in Naija? Why the unnecessary pontifical comparison?
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by Desola(f): 2:04pm On Apr 06, 2013
Tony Spike: South Africa, as a nation, has her own problems she is struggling with. Why should Nigerians travel over 4500kms to another man's land, only to go and mess it up? Why? Must we always spoil everywhere we visit? The same scenario plays out in Holland, USA, UK, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore e.t.c. Could it be that we are resistant to civil laws or what?

As much as I condemn the actions of our people in SA, I believe there are a number of skilled Nigerian hands there. Unfortunately, the number of Nigerians in professions such as academia, medicine and other highly-skilled areas are very low compared to the 'street-wise' Nigerians. I think the onus is on the South African government to flush out the Nigerian liabilities in the system by deporting them back home. This is the only way sanity can return to areas like Hilbrow (Jozi), Point road (Durban), Sunny-side (Pretoria) and Sea point (Cape Town). Enough said!!!

Your head is there!!
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2013
They probably had too many of them doing illegal activities there...
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by Desola(f): 2:07pm On Apr 06, 2013
kritzmoritz: I think its most regretable someone will go to my blog, copy my entire article in full and post it here without giving any credits. The person even disguised some of my exact words with his/her bad english in the last line. It is important to note that all articles on: http://www.kritzmoritz. is copyrighted. It doesn't cost a lot to do the right thing. Give credit to whom its due where necessary. That is the pride of any writer.

Classic symptom of a Nigerian. Fraud; plagiarism! You name it!
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by Rossikk(m): 2:07pm On Apr 06, 2013
madridguy: Well to me our bad leader is to blame. If Nigeria is okay what will Nigerian doing in every part of the world with our evil plot just to make money. Well, FG Discovers Another N3.2tr Abacha Loot. Where is Obasanjo, Atiku and Tinubu that has sold the whole Lagos Property. R.I.P Sanni Abacha.
Pitiful excuse. Chinese and Indians travel ten times more than Nigerians. Is that also because their govts failed them? If you have a huge population, many of your people will find greener pastures elsewhere so long as you are a developing action. If you choose to now travel abroad and engage in criminality, don't go blaming the govt for your actions. Why couldn't you use the millions of naira you accumulated to travel to start a business in Nigeria instead of travelling out to commit crime?

4 Likes

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by TableLeg(m): 2:07pm On Apr 06, 2013
Rossikk: Worthless article. If you travel abroad to sell drugs, it is Nigerian govt's fault. If you travel to do fraud, it is Nigerian govt's fault. If you travel to do prostitution, it is Nigerian govt's fault. If you travel abroad and keep your environment there dirty, it is Nigerian govt's fault. Tell me something. Does there come a time when these "perfect, innocent Nigerian citizens" actually take responsibility for their own actions?
On point
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by nig2change: 2:09pm On Apr 06, 2013
kritzmoritz: I think its most regretable someone will go to my blog, copy my entire article in full and post it here without giving any credits. The person even disguised some of my exact words with his/her bad english in the last line. It is important to note that all articles on: http://www.kritzmoritz. is copyrighted. It doesn't cost a lot to do the right thing. Give credit to whom its due where necessary. That is the pride of any writer.

I gave credit to you but it was edited out. Not my fault bro. The MOds did it.but the link was pasted there. So any could go to the main site
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by tyson55(m): 2:09pm On Apr 06, 2013
olas2u: I have also been to some countries were Nigerians are not allowed into their hotels.

Which countries are those?

Name them please!

1 Like

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by TonySpike: 2:11pm On Apr 06, 2013
sweetcheecks:

You are talking crap you are tge first ones to cry foul when your country men are intorogated and you say SA is xenophobic. Your brothers have turned great suburbs like Seapoint in Cape Town, Hilbrow in Jhbg, Sunnyside in Pretoria, Point in Durban and many others into a no go areas. And you azzzholes come here to say SA has the highest crimes in the world when.most of the crime is done by your likes and when the public take it in their hands then SA is xenophobic. Check google if in doubt before the likes if you were allowed to come in SA crime was bot a known factor in SA. I support my country in dealing with any criminal element any way the want to reed it of this rotten behaviour. If they do not like they must go back to Nigeria. lipsrsealed

Well, crime is very real in SA. Although, I don't know the extent to which Nigerians fuel it, but the crime stats there are simply just crazy. Just last week, I heard a story of how a guy and his girlfriend (who was almost ra.ped) were attacked in their car, somewhere along the N2 highway (Durban) in the full glare of passing motorists. The guy and his girlfriend had to be admitted for almost a week. My point is that all the criminal elements must be flushed out of the system. I once lived in Durban by the way...cheers

6 Likes

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by ichidodo: 2:15pm On Apr 06, 2013
Depressing article, depressing comments..... Depressing thoughts.
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 06, 2013
mekaboy:

Y don't u tear the passport or swallow it? Are u forced to be Nigerian? Make we begin beg u to become Nigerian?

Nonsense

Nor be only tear or swallow. I will put fire to the fvcking thing as soon as i can change it.

2 Likes

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 06, 2013
cold: It is the 'get rich quick' syndrome & at any cost that pushes most Nigerians to indulge in all forms of illicit businesses. Patience is not a virtue on this side of the divide. Our so called leaders & politicians loot the treasury with reckless abandon. Pastors rip their congregation blind. And the sermon 9 times out of 10 is always about money.There's really no one to look up to or emulate. So everybody just carries on doing as they please. When the head is rotten there's really not much the rest of the body can do
True story...

You have hit the nail on the head. Yesterday we read that 22 out of a 32 man fruad gang were Nigerians. We have lost our values system, that is why we misbehave everywhere we go. It is just that we cannot discriminate against Nigerians in Nigeria, otherwise some people would.

We come from a society where money rules. Only money is recognised and we believe that if we have money we can do whatever we like whereever we like. Unfortunately that works in Nigeria but not everywhere else. We are all to blame and that includes the government. The government and people all celebrate criminals and thieves. They are the leaders of the society and they are the ones recognised and rewarded. That is why everyone is hustling to join them by all and any means. If you commit the biggest crime in Nigeria, your money will bail you out so everyone is hustling hard to get it however they can!

1 Like

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by eastOFwest(m): 2:23pm On Apr 06, 2013
Sad.

One of our greatest exports is crime, in fact I'll like see GDP figures regarding this.

All I know is that you rarely see a country of good people with a bad government. Bad people begets a bad Gworvment. Datz all!
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by vislabraye(m): 2:24pm On Apr 06, 2013
And you see our stuupeed politicians stealing our moneys and investing in SA. They impoverish our people to enrich foreign nations who in turn do not treat them like garbage.
That's the same thing Nelson Mandela did to one of our beauty queens during Abacha's time. Nelson Mandela is xenophobic, I don't care whether he's a hero or not. That's what he is.

1 Like

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 06, 2013
I get irritated when people blame their criminal behavior on their government angry there are people in far much more troubled economies, like Ethiopians and Somalis that walk and hitch-hike to southern Africa, but u don't find them engaging in drug and human trafficking simply because their governments haven't been able to resolve problems in their countries... Yes the government isn't doing what it's suppose to do, but I don't see how it's linked to someone becoming a robber, drug dealer or love-vendor!!!

5 Likes

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by Desola(f): 2:26pm On Apr 06, 2013
cold: It is the 'get rich quick' syndrome & at any cost that pushes most Nigerians to indulge in all forms of illicit businesses. Patience is not a virtue on this side of the divide. Our so called leaders & politicians loot the treasury with reckless abandon. Pastors rip their congregation blind. And the sermon 9 times out of 10 is always about money.There's really no one to look up to or emulate. So everybody just carries on doing as they please. When the head is rotten there's really not much the rest of the body can do
True story...

Brilliantly put!

Excellent!!
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by israel007: 2:26pm On Apr 06, 2013
pDude: Nigerians you are a scorge to the earth.

That is why the other day i was hiding my green passport at work so nobody will see the shameful country i come from during our worker's verification program.

Tufiakwa. cry

I'd have commented and said something sinister to you but, I'll keep quiet. U likeness from hell
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by Desola(f): 2:27pm On Apr 06, 2013
mondi_cheeks: I get irritated when people blame their criminal behavior on their government angry they are people in far much more trouble economies, like Ethiopians and Somalis that walk and hitch-hike to southern Africa, but u don't find them drug and human trafficking simply because their governments haven't been able to resolve problems in these countries... Yes the government isn't doing what it's suppose to do, but I don't see how it's linked to someone becoming a robber, drug dealer or love-vendor!!!

With comments such as this, I see hope!

1 Like

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 06, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Not sure who you are but you reason like a two year old. High crime rate in any country can be blamed on the government and people of that country, you cannot blame foreigners for your high crime rate. Or are you saying Nigerians are the ones in the SA police? If your police is incompetent to fight crime, then they should take responsibility but it is idiotic and moronic to blame it on foreigners. I also want to believe Nigerians are not responsible for your high HIV rate, after all, your president says he would have a shower after unprotected sex . Even GEJ wouldnt say that.

3 Likes

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by sweetcheecks(f): 2:29pm On Apr 06, 2013
Tony Spike:

Well, crime is very real in SA. Although, I don't know the extent to which Nigerians fuel it, but the crime stats there are simply just crazy. Just last week, I heard a story of how a guy and his girlfriend (who was almost ra.ped) were attacked in their car, somewhere along the N2 highway (Durban) in the full glare of passing motorists. The guy and his girlfriend had to be admitted for almost a week. My point is that all the criminal elements must be flushed out of the system. I once lived in Durban by the way...cheers

We report 90% of our crimes Nigeria does not. We may have crime but we will not at any time have 60 bodies washing off any river and not know what or who is responsible like Nigeria. The fact remains Nigerians have no right to come and add to our crime stastics whether thru drugs infiltrating the society as well as their insane methods of making money and do not blame SAns when they hate Nigerians for what they do in their countries.
We are good country that has a endured a lot and are willing to kill and die for what we belive in. Deal with it or go home. A good normal law abiding foreigner in our country lives like a king. And that is a fact.

1 Like

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by Desola(f): 2:30pm On Apr 06, 2013
vislabraye: And you see our stuupeed politicians stealing our moneys and investing in SA. They impoverish our people to enrich foreign nations who in turn do not treat them like garbage.
That's the same thing Nelson Mandela did to one of our beauty queens during Abacha's time. Nelson Mandela is xenophobic, I don't care whether he's a hero or not. That's what he is.

...but I suppose you Nigerians also make it easier for them to be.

Look inwardly, my friend. We are the architects of our own demise in the world today. The blame lies at our feets collectively!

1 Like

Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 06, 2013
israel007:

I'd have commented and said something sinister to you but, I'll keep quiet. U likeness from hell

E pain you tongue

Nigerian person like you grin

Sinister Nigerian person. All you folks do is sinister shyt. Sinister fraud, sinister pastors, sinister ritual killings, sinister robbing, sinister embezzlement. Nothing positive.

Abeg pack yourself go one side jor tongue
Re: South African Hotel Bans Nigerians by Desola(f): 2:32pm On Apr 06, 2013
sweetcheecks:

We report 90% of our crimes Nigeria does nit. We may have crime but we will not at any time have 60 bodiees washing off any river and not know what or who.is responsible like Nigeria. The fact remains Nigerians have no right to come and add to our crime stastics whether thru drugs infiltrating the society as well as their insane methods of making money and do not ble SAns when they hate Nigerians for what they do intheir countries.
We are good country that has a endured a lot and are willing o kill and die for what we belive in.

Very bitter truth. In as much as it gores me as a Nigerian that a SA would berate my country, you are however very justified.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate / Meet Waliyah Abiola, Daughter Of Late MKO Abiola, Who Is A Music Artiste / EFCC Fixes Date For Jonathan's Arrest – Reportsafrique.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.