Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album (6629 Views)

Tonto Dike To Release Controversial Songs On October 17, 2012 / Modenine Accuses Nairaland Of Destructive Criticisms / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by pckid: 1:38pm On Apr 06, 2013
Yippy! he finally gives in!

Modenine reveals details of his upcoming album titled ‘Above Ground Level’ and He is bent on making it commercial (something I have always preached to him as I’d rather want him to be a Nas or even Jay-z than a KRS-One :-) )

The question is can the godfather MC make a hit Naija club anthem?

Hiphop World writes that Mode 9 has also lined up features from Dammy Krane, Phyno, Chop Stix and Ice Prince. “This album is for those who are not my fans, saying Mode is stiff, Mode 9 is stubborn. I’ve decided to give them the commercial version of Modo”, the 7time Lyricist on the Roll winner revealed.

P.S: That means i’m not a fan, even when I have every of his ‘hardcore’ track

Источник: http://amehdaily.com/2013/04/05/modenine-is-finally-selling-out/

5 Likes

Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by Mynd44: 1:46pm On Apr 06, 2013
He is still going to sound like an American bred rapper when we all know the truth. Goodness even Naeto C who was born there sef does not act like this.

We see Iceberg slim and magnum and they don't try to be American but our dear Mode.......

PS. He is not the Godfather of anything ooo

2 Likes

Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by dammiecool(m): 2:27pm On Apr 06, 2013
Tell baboontunde say its too late. This is 2013 not 2006.
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by montelik(m): 5:15pm On Apr 06, 2013
He is making one album that is different from his typical work, how is that "selling out". We haven't even heard it. It is not like he is all of a sudden becoming a pop or fuji musician.

1 Like

Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by MeGaStReEt: 5:19pm On Apr 07, 2013
Mynd_44: He is still going to sound like an American bred rapper when we all know the truth. Goodness even Naeto C who was born there sef does not act like this.

We see Iceberg slim and magnum and they don't try to be American but our dear Mode.......

PS. He is not the Godfather of anything ooo

LaffWanTearMyBelle
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by Dfrenzy(m): 10:24pm On Apr 07, 2013
I saw sell out and was thinking illuminati things, you know, selling of soul to the devil for fame and fortune. I think that's the only 'sell out' that would give him that much deserve but ever elusive spotlight.
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by Okijajuju1(m): 10:44am On Apr 08, 2013

7 Likes

Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by iamswizz(m): 10:47am On Apr 08, 2013
k
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by ichommy(m): 10:50am On Apr 08, 2013
Welcome Back! Mode9
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by dare2think: 10:58am On Apr 08, 2013
The mere fact that he sounds American and is looking to break through to a Nigerian audience is just farcical!

In this era when our indigenous music is much appreciated and celebrated he wants to sell out?

If he switches his style, may b.

Perhaps he just realised that Nigerians are not freaked about sounding westernised as we used to be.

1 Like

Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by theripper2: 11:03am On Apr 08, 2013
He don realise say hunger go kill am if he continue all dis Gangsta shiit. See where him, Overdose and Terry the rapman dey after years of sweat and blood and tyros like Olamide and ice prince dey enjoy airplay and cheddar. Old man wey dey wear tracksuit up and down they slay imaginary enemies not knowing se Money na d KOKO.

Learn from Jigga and evolve. Wish u well sha.

14 Likes

Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by k2kay(m): 11:05am On Apr 08, 2013
a man's gatta eat cheesy
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by javalove(m): 11:06am On Apr 08, 2013
No comments for now. . . smiley

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by semid4lyfe(m): 11:07am On Apr 08, 2013
the_ripper2: He don realise say hunger go kill am if he continue all dis Gangsta shiit. See where him, Overdose and Terry the rapman dey after years of sweat and blood and tyros like Olamide and ice prince dey enjoy airplay and cheddar. Old man wey dey wear tracksuit up and down they slay imaginary enemies not knowing se Money na d KOKO.

This post has got me cracking up grin

Where is Javalove when you need him?
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by semid4lyfe(m): 11:09am On Apr 08, 2013
Ooops!

Javalove no get comment grin grin grin
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by lonzo(m): 11:12am On Apr 08, 2013
the_ripper2: He don realise say hunger go kill am if he continue all dis Gangsta shiit. See where him, Overdose and Terry the rapman dey after years of sweat and blood and tyros like Olamide and ice prince dey enjoy airplay and cheddar. Old man wey dey wear tracksuit up and down they slay imaginary enemies not knowing se Money na d KOKO.

Oh boy you no go kill person oooo . Been laughing since
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 08, 2013
This guy is definitely the best Nigerian rapper ever!!

His BET Cipher won me over - never heard about him before that...
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by yuzedo: 11:20am On Apr 08, 2013
Modenine: The only rapper who failed a Polygraph Test when he said he ain't the best! cool

3 Likes

Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by Revolva(m): 11:24am On Apr 08, 2013
Our music industry is the most bleeped up in the world...too commercial and those that have the real song in them are left to roast..
Look imagine lyricist like alabai singin ogbanje..kai!! I wan laff..he has no choice than to follow the bandwagon..now mode9 wan dey do tille tille with dammy krane..o lord..this country is sick..where as niggaz like canibus, nas, krs one still dey chop weller from their works ..despite they are ol g's..na alaba cause all dese..they don't help upcoming they only buy commercial album hitz only

1 Like

Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 08, 2013
Dem no dey tell person. Na body go tell you when hunger don waya you sotay na mixture of air and blood you dey shit when you siddon for toilet. So-called 'street cred' rap doesn't put food on the table. This dude would have been bigger and richer than MI and Ice Prince put together by now if he had been wiser.

You have to give the market what it wants, not what you want; that is the only way to do business. If you detest the popular taste in music and believe that your own taste is superior, you might as well restrict your music to your bathroom if it sounds good in your own ears.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by aieromon(m): 11:26am On Apr 08, 2013
#nowplaying Madd Rapper skit
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by talktimi(m): 11:48am On Apr 08, 2013
Many naija rap artistes don't even know what keeping it real means.
Keeping it real means your general audience feel, understand and appreciate what you're trying to tell them through your music of course you still have to count your bars properly intermixing with relevant punchlines and metaphors, you don't just bring one americana swag into naija thinking everybody must bow down. That's battle rap and its meant for the streets when you're still trying to make your name.
Till tomorrow, I'll still rate Dagrin and Olamide higher than mode 9 for the simple reason that they can/could relate with their audience perfectly well even though they rap in their narive yoruba language. Its not coming "down" to our leve, its being realistic about your environment. You can't sell ice to an eskimo.

5 Likes

Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by Acisky(m): 11:56am On Apr 08, 2013
M.I said "He is the best to ever do it from Africa"
So why re u niggas running ur mouth when u ain't jibowu.I gotta go now,u all need a death blow lmfao

1 Like

Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by bluejeff(m): 12:07pm On Apr 08, 2013
Revolva: Our music industry is the most bleeped up in the world...too commercial and those that have the real song in them are left to roast..
Look imagine lyricist like alabai singin ogbanje..kai!! I wan laff..he has no choice than to follow the bandwagon..now mode9 wan dey do tille tille with dammy krane..o lord..this country is sick..where as niggaz like canibus, nas, krs one still dey chop weller from their works ..despite they are ol g's..na alaba cause all dese..they don't help upcoming they only buy commercial album hitz only
So true. Alabai is such a good rapper, when i saw him singing 'o fe d'oko' (or something like that) i thought he looked silly.
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by bluejeff(m): 12:09pm On Apr 08, 2013
@ topic, make i see how the album go be sha, but honestly i still prefer he continues his style.
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by Ejine(m): 12:16pm On Apr 08, 2013

You just spoke my mind, dude. Modo was busy wearing sweatpants and oversized XXL T-Shirts trying to break into the Nigerian music scene WTF!?
De old man dey talk about his imaginary enemies in his albums wey no dey even sell past 9 copies.

Just waking up now in 2013 when people like Bracket, Davido, Burna Boy, Omawunmi, Ice Prince, BrymO and even Chidinma don make waves past the self-professed "King of Hip-hop" within such a short period of time.

Oh well, as Rick Ross would say... "We talkin' money, you talkin' nonsense".

5 Likes

Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by Chiscomax(m): 12:45pm On Apr 08, 2013
dont forget to feature guys like olamide, erigga newmoney and vector
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by Christane: 1:08pm On Apr 08, 2013
Dz z wat he shud av done a long tym ago ...instead of stickn 2 z hardcore rap style wch dnt bring hm fame nd fortune ...i hope z dz commercial album increase z financial stat ...nd hopefully he buy's a car,becus i heard mode stil dnt av a car til date.Dz z wat he shud av done a long tym ago ...instead of stickn 2 z hardcore rap style wch dnt bring hm fame nd fortune ...i hope z dz commercial album increase z financial stat ...nd hopefully he buy's a car,becus i heard mode stil dnt av a car til date.Dz z wat he shud av done a long tym ago ...instead of stickn 2 z hardcore rap style wch dnt bring hm fame nd fortune ...i hope z dz commercial album increase z financial stat ...nd hopefully he buy's a car,becus i heard mode stil dnt av a car til date.
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by ril19(m): 1:22pm On Apr 08, 2013
now it's clear to me that there are no real hiphop heads on this whole damn thread. And who d heck says modey doesn't have fans? All accross the country, hiphop heads are straight feeling this hardcore spitter. Now step outside d shores of this country and see what acclaim mode has got. Now tell me who drops d best wordplays n metaphores. Hiphop heads like me respect him coz he stuck wit d game, not like some chickens that forsook hiphop. "All hail the niner" mehn

6 Likes

Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by TableLeg(m): 1:40pm On Apr 08, 2013
the_ripper2: He don realise say hunger go kill am if he continue all dis Gangsta shiit.Old man wey dey wear tracksuit up and down they slay imaginary enemies not knowing se Money na d KOKO.

grin
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by wasiudvd(m): 1:51pm On Apr 08, 2013
Going the way of sauce kid? I fink he is made for hardcore, he should remain. The little succes sinzu enjoyed is because of his ability to switch between commercial ans hardcore rap. I don't fink Modo can do so.
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by crisycent: 1:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
i LOVE THAT LAGOS STATE OF MIND TRACK

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Mp3: Tyga - Dubai Drip / INSTRUMENTAL: Rude Boy - Chizoba (prod By KG Beatz) / DOWNLOAD MIXTAPE: DJ Medullar - Best Of Akon Mix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.