Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album (6632 Views)

Tonto Dike To Release Controversial Songs On October 17, 2012 / Modenine Accuses Nairaland Of Destructive Criticisms / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by talktimi(m): 2:12pm On Apr 08, 2013
There are some people here who'll be angry about 9 releasing a "commercial" album and if you ask them who their favorite American hip hop artistes are, they'll scream Pac or Biggie or Jigga. Listen fo0ls, those guys all release only commercial albums if not their labels will kick them out. This is naija and not america so stop trying to deceive us please people like Comon or KRS One who hardly release commercially succesful albums still make their money of itunes and other download sites, if Mode9 puts All his songs on itunes @ 0.99 cents per song will you buy ? Let the man eat and stop confusing him abeg
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by bknight: 2:17pm On Apr 08, 2013
I so love dat guy. But well, he needs the bucks so let him give it a try and probably put in one or two for those missing d old ways.
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by owobaba201: 3:30pm On Apr 08, 2013
ril19,ur da bomb,u spoke ma mind.WHICH RAPA IZ BTER DAN M9.NIL.HE IZ D BEST IN AFRICA,BTER DAN UR MOST CELEBRATD OVASEAS RAPAZ.UL JST TALKIN SHIT/DONT KNOW NOTIN ABT RAP.JIGGA EVEN PRAISD HIS RAP SKILS SOME YEARS BAK.DONT UR MAN,MI,DO D SAME TIN(STRIT-RAP)BT U DONT COMPLAIN.U WIL NEVA APPRECIATE GUD
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by owobaba201: 3:35pm On Apr 08, 2013
UR AL HYPOCRITES WU NEVA APPECIATE GUD TINZ.AL U APPRECIATE IZ WHACK CAUZE DATZ WAT U ARE.CHOKRIZ ENTERTAINMENT FANPAGE SAYZ SO.LIKE US ON FACEBOOK &FOLLOW US ON TWITTER@CHOKRIZENTERTAI.BYE.
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by johnwizey: 4:10pm On Apr 08, 2013
talktimi: There are some people here who'll be angry about 9 releasing a "commercial" album and if you ask them who their favorite American hip hop artistes are, they'll scream Pac or Biggie or Jigga. Listen fo0ls, those guys all release only commercial albums if not their labels will kick them out. This is naija and not america so stop trying to deceive us please people like Comon or KRS One who hardly release commercially succesful albums still make their money of itunes and other download sites, if Mode9 puts All his songs on itunes @ 0.99 cents per song will you buy ? Let the man eat and stop confusing him abeg
So, what are u insunuating?
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by Parnassuss(m): 4:26pm On Apr 08, 2013
At least Mode9 has etched his name in Nigeria's history, what the Bleep has any of you berating loud mouths done to even warrant a post on NL?

Mode9 is the best lyrisict I EVER heard, Jay-z can't tie his laces when he is in his beast Mode.
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by talktimi(m): 5:30pm On Apr 08, 2013
johnwizey: So, what are u insunuating?
appreciate your home market, if we need americana mc's, we'll go to america. Gbam
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by vanPELaj(m): 5:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
I just can't wait. My number 1 nija rapper. Mode baba welcome back.
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by vanPELaj(m): 5:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
Ejiné:

You just spoke my mind, dude. Modo was busy wearing sweatpants and oversized XXL T-Shirts trying to break into the Nigerian music scene WTF!?
De old man dey talk about his imaginary enemies in his albums wey no dey even sell past 9 copies.

Just waking up now in 2013 when people like Bracket, Davido, Burna Boy, Omawunmi, Ice Prince, BrymO and even Chidinma don make waves past the self-professed "King of Hip-hop" within such a short period of time.

Oh well, as Rick Ross would say... "We talkin' money, you talkin' nonsense".
watin u sabi. All what you appreciate Is all d nonsense music u guys hear all around. AV u for once sit down on ur f**king sit and hear what d guy is saying. I can't even blame u maybe the grammar is too big to understand.
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by dare2think: 6:35pm On Apr 08, 2013
van PELaj:
watin u sabi. All what you appreciate Is all d nonsense music u guys hear all around. AV u for once sit down on ur f**king sit and hear what d guy is saying. I can't even blame u maybe the grammar is too big to understand.

This is irony at its best.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by invectives(m): 7:23pm On Apr 08, 2013
javalove: No comments for now. . . smiley

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Javalove is this true?
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by invectives(m): 7:42pm On Apr 08, 2013
Revolva: Our music industry is the most bleeped up in the world...too commercial and those that have the real song in them are left to roast..
Look imagine lyricist like alabai singin ogbanje..kai!! I wan laff..he has no choice than to follow the bandwagon..now mode9 wan dey do tille tille with dammy krane..o lord..this country is sick..where as niggaz like canibus, nas, krs one still dey chop weller from their works ..despite they are ol g's..na alaba cause all dese..they don't help upcoming they only buy commercial album hitz only
True talk bro yet peeps with intelligence myopia come to NL and Spit Cow dungs,dissing d 9iner.Mtcheew joor.
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by kq(m): 8:24pm On Apr 08, 2013
talktimi: Many naija rap artistes don't even know what keeping it real means.
Keeping it real means your general audience feel, understand and appreciate what you're trying to tell them through your music of course you still have to count your bars properly intermixing with relevant punchlines and metaphors, you don't just bring one americana swag into naija thinking everybody must bow down. That's battle rap and its meant for the streets when you're still trying to make your name.
Till tomorrow, I'll still rate Dagrin and Olamide higher than mode 9 for the simple reason that they can/could relate with their audience perfectly well even though they rap in their narive yoruba language. Its not coming "down" to our leve, its being realistic about your environment. You can't sell ice to an eskimo.

Bros na you make sense die for here. What is hip hop without local content. If you ask me the only standards in hip hop is delivery, arrangement and lyrical content and all this can be done in any language as long a you have the characteristics down. I will forever pick a Nigerian rapping in local languages that meets the said characteristics over nay other person anyday. Reason because i feel and understand him.
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by kaydee(m): 9:08pm On Apr 08, 2013
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by lyricalpontiff(m): 9:20pm On Apr 08, 2013
The only rapper that can come close to Mode9 in Africa is Proverb. To me ,Mode9 is my textbook...he has a huge fan base here in PH.

1 Like

Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 08, 2013
lyricalpontiff: The only rapper that can come close to Mode9 in Africa is Proverb. To me ,Mode9 is my textbook...he has a huge fan base here in PH.

. . .and yet he remains a broke ass, 'broker' than new one-hit-wonder kids in the music industry. That says a lot about his "huge" fan base. Either his "fans" are as skint as he is, or they are miserable cheapskates that refuse to put food on his table by buying his albums and paying premium cheddar to attend his 'niche' shows.

Only wicked souls would wish he remains loyal to such a miserable "fan base" - to his own detriment.
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 08, 2013
dare2think:

This is irony at its best.

cheesy

LOL! No mind all these oversabi olodos wey full NL. It's high time Seun introduced parental advisory. Otherwise, dem go teach person pikin absolute nonsense for here.

1 Like

Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by talktimi(m): 11:44pm On Apr 08, 2013
kq:

Bros na you make sense die for here. What is hip hop without local content. If you ask me the only standards in hip hop is delivery, arrangement and lyrical content and all this can be done in any language as long a you have the characteristics down. I will forever pick a Nigerian rapping in local languages that meets the said characteristics over nay other person anyday. Reason because i feel and understand him.
better person, you even hit the nail better than I did. Delivery, arrangement and lyrical content... These are the main things if not Big Pun, Wyclef etc wouldn't have rapped in their native Spanish and creole languages, even as they did, it has never diminished their relevance in the hip hop industry. The gangster rap we all try to emulate is performed in hood slangs that can be likened to our own pdgin english ie street english. You can't come here speaking about glocks when I'm more conversant with awka made, 2 by 4 or rapping about cops when ekelebe or awon olopa is what I understand. You're just speaking greek in the midst of russians. I'm a heavy Wu Tang fanatic, I modelled my rap style after Inspectah Deck and Nas, I listen to tha Gravediggaz, Bone Thugs, Dr Dre, some Rick Ross and Erick Sermon. I say it again, if I want americana rap, I know where to go to and its definitely not mode9, not that I ahte him but Olamide, Phyno, @Ebubedike1 et al just sound more original and refreshing to me. Period
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by fubbyy(m): 5:21am On Apr 09, 2013
OMG modo is about to make the greatest mistake of his life because he can never do this commercial so well, its not his style and can never be

Modo is about to loose us(his fans) whom has been following him from the days of elbow room hit, and him thinking he will automatically gain ground in the market because of his switch is a big lie

He's about to loose all his fans, goodluck to you shaa
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by bknight: 8:25am On Apr 09, 2013
Wooow!!! I just heard a track from Mode-9!!! Badboi baller is d track!

Really kool stuff, really. No bias...nice come back mode, it'll be a hit. Mi likey cool
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by vanPELaj(m): 9:38am On Apr 09, 2013
pro01:

LOL! No mind all these oversabi olodos wey full NL. It's high time Seun introduced parental advisory. Otherwise, dem go teach person pikin absolute nonsense for here.
You guys need a dead blow.
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by larryjayz: 1:28pm On Apr 09, 2013
the_ripper2: He don realise say hunger go kill am if he continue all dis Gangsta shiit. See where him, Overdose and Terry the rapman dey after years of sweat and blood and tyros like Olamide and ice prince dey enjoy airplay and cheddar. Old man wey dey wear tracksuit up and down they slay imaginary enemies not knowing se Money na d KOKO.

Learn from Jigga and evolve. Wish u well sha.
please can u explain how he can learn from jigga?
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by larryjayz: 1:37pm On Apr 09, 2013
talktimi: better person, you even hit the nail better than I did. Delivery, arrangement and lyrical content... These are the main things if not Big Pun, Wyclef etc wouldn't have rapped in their native Spanish and creole languages, even as they did, it has never diminished their relevance in the hip hop industry. The gangster rap we all try to emulate is performed in hood slangs that can be likened to our own pdgin english ie street english. You can't come here speaking about glocks when I'm more conversant with awka made, 2 by 4 or rapping about cops when ekelebe or awon olopa is what I understand. You're just speaking greek in the midst of russians. I'm a heavy Wu Tang fanatic, I modelled my rap style after Inspectah Deck and Nas, I listen to tha Gravediggaz, Bone Thugs, Dr Dre, some Rick Ross and Erick Sermon. I say it again, if I want americana rap, I know where to go to and its definitely not mode9, not that I ahte him but Olamide, Phyno, @Ebubedike1 et al just sound more original and refreshing to me. Period
i thought u were a real hip hop head until u mentioned rick ross, i am so disappointed, his lyrics his shit!!!!
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by talktimi(m): 3:11pm On Apr 09, 2013
larry_jayz: i thought u were a real hip hop head until u mentioned rick ross, i am so disappointed, his lyrics his shit!!!!
ross has his advantages too, I study beats and instrumentals too and I like some of his underground battle raps
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by abdurrazaq(m): 10:21pm On Apr 09, 2013
Modenine was featured on a new track by DJ Vinnee alongside Eedris Abdulkareem and V-tec titled Baller. He came correct on the song as usual and Abdulkareem was on point with a blend of pidgeon english, Yoruba and Hausa.

‘Going commercial‘ will never deprive any track with Modey on it lyrical depth. Even if he spits on a fuji beat (which he can do if he wants to), he will still come correct.
BTW, Alphabetical Order is out, support and get a copy.

2 Likes

Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by eggheaders(m): 3:15am On Apr 10, 2013
most nigerians are intellectual myopic.geez comparing the modo with all those charlatans y'all called rappers.that why a Ganiy fahemwin will lose an election to an obasanjo in this gaddem country.we are so stuck to mediocrity.y'all get your butts to other African countries and see the respect modo commands ther.goodluck to y'all as you stuck to the shyte y'all call music.a look at the b.e.t cypher modo make all your under per favourite rappers look like a couple of village town criers.and to the fuccktard that say the modo is broken.y'all just demented simpleton the modo can feed your generations for years.his music ain't for brain dead goons.he sings for those that their I.q can decipher what he is saying.through constant book reading and lines from movies.how many of y'all simpletons even read books to be able to know what he is referring to in his punchlines.nuff said to the brain dead goons.

1 Like

Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by invectives(m): 7:27am On Apr 10, 2013
talktimi: ross has his advantages too, I study beats and instrumentals too and I like some of his underground battle raps
Dude, u talk 2much and listen less.
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by invectives(m): 7:36am On Apr 10, 2013
eggheaders: most nigerians are intellectual myopic.geez comparing the modo with all those charlatans y'all called rappers.that why a Ganiy fahemwin will lose an election to an obasanjo in this gaddem country.we are so stuck to mediocrity.y'all get your butts to other African countries and see the respect modo commands ther.goodluck to y'all as you stuck to the shyte y'all call music.a look at the b.e.t cypher modo make all your under per favourite rappers look like a couple of village town criers.and to the fuccktard that say the modo is broken.y'all just demented simpleton the modo can feed your generations for years.his music ain't for brain dead goons.he sings for those that their I.q can decipher what he is saying.through constant book reading and lines from movies.how many of y'all simpletons even read books to be able to know what he is referring to in his punchlines.nuff said to the brain dead goons.
Dats so on Point.
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by talktimi(m): 8:00am On Apr 10, 2013
invectives:
Dude, u talk 2much and listen less.
? ? ? ?
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by eggheaders(m): 8:29am On Apr 10, 2013
invectives:
Dats so on Point.

big up bro.just sick of all this crap naija musicians keep turning out.
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by Hardfact: 2:35pm On Apr 10, 2013
MODEY BABA . . .mastered the Art, still droping Science. . .
Re: Modenine "Sells Out", To Release A Commercial Album by Hardfact: 2:48pm On Apr 10, 2013
larry_jayz: i thought u were a real hip hop head until u mentioned rick ross, i am so disappointed, his lyrics his shit!!!!
L W K M Die !!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INSTRUMENTAL: Rude Boy - Chizoba (prod By KG Beatz) / Download Mp3: Tyga - Dubai Drip / Tiwa Savage Ft Duncan Mighty – Lova Lova Instrumental

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.