Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,414 members, 7,836,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics (875 Views)

11 Everyday Activities That Are Illegal In North Korea. / If US Should Fight NORTH KOREA, The US Will Lose!! / Why Is Nato Not Bombing North Korea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 07, 2013
Given the fact that they've threatened to restart their nuclear program, Do you think the US will take a diplomatic offensive against North korea, ultimately?
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by eggheaders(m): 9:48am On Apr 07, 2013
world war 3,hmmn but seriously the north Koreans has nothing to lose.and again I salute their courage of stand up to the number bullying nation.and I pray all the war hardwares they claim to have are not just mere mouthing sha.us will also be so cautious about entering a war with north Korea cause of it many interest in the Pacific.
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 07, 2013
eggheaders: world war 3,hmmn but seriously the north Koreans has nothing to lose.and again I salute their courage of stand up to the number bullying nation.and I pray all the war hardwares they claim to have are not just mere mouthing sha.us will also be so cautious about entering a war with north Korea cause of it many interest in the Pacific.
I learnt the US have ballistic missiles that can travel up to 12000kms shocked and these NK folks shut themselves outta the world.. beats me
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by eggheaders(m): 10:21am On Apr 07, 2013
sheyie2007:
I learnt the US have ballistic missiles that can travel up to 12000kms shocked and these NK folks shut themselves outta the world.. beats me

that can't be contested that the usa gat more war toys.but the Koreans also claimed to have missiles capable of getting into us territories.so if there claims are true then the war is currently 50/50 chance of any of them winning.
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by UncleJJ(m): 10:40am On Apr 07, 2013
The U.S has to see this as one war they cant win. This is not Iraq, Afghan or Libya, this is North Korea for Christ sake, War toys or no war toys, N.K is a formidable opponent that cannot be taken for granted.

N.K has been a long time enemy with the U.S and has severally flaunted sanctions and warnings. It has neighbors japan, Vietnam, china and the Philippians .

This cannot be a ploy by the U.S to take down N.K since their methods are usually synonymous with internal opposition - something N.K does not seem to have - N.K is a tightly controlled country.

The world gains alot from N.K, what we need to do is to find a way to build internal opposition or feed internal opposition so we can take it from there . At this point, America will do all it can to buy time.

Believe it or not North Korea is putting on a good show. Lets just pray this is jst another act of telling the world a new boss rule N.K and he does not play fair.

The guy is definately building some serious street cred. cool

1 Like

Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 07, 2013
UncleJJ: The U.S has to see this as one war they cant win. This is not Iraq, Afghan or Libya, this is North Korea for Christ sake, War toys or no war toys, N.K is a formidable opponent that cannot be taken for granted.

N.K has been a long time enemy with the U.S and has severally flaunted sanctions and warnings. It has neighbors japan, Vietnam, china and the Philippians .

This cannot be a ploy by the U.S to take down N.K since their methods are usually synonymous with internal opposition - something N.K does not seem to have - N.K is a tightly controlled country.

The world gains alot from N.K, what we need to do is to find a way to build internal opposition or feed internal opposition so we can take it from there . At this point, America will do all it can to buy time.

Believe it or not North Korea is putting on a good show. Lets just pray this is jst another act of telling the world a new boss rule N.K and he does not play fair.

The guy is definately building some serious street cred. cool
With all the missle interceptors the US army posses ... NK end game is to develop that nuke.. then, we can now be talking new boss
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by azpekuliar: 10:49am On Apr 07, 2013
The fly that refuses to listen, will follow the coffin into the grave.... Hian!
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by ceaz4r(m): 11:05am On Apr 07, 2013
I so hate bullying! North K. may not have what USA has in terms of war toys, however, I love the spirit the North K. is putting on. 'Rather die trying' than sitting like a lamb waiting to be slaughtered. Or allow themselves to be cowed, like some other nations. The exact thing some people here want them to do!
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by eggheaders(m): 11:09am On Apr 07, 2013
unclejj buy your sentiment.effing strong street cred mehn.wondering why the usa ain't using it normal rushing to war tactis here.
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by UncleJJ(m): 11:16am On Apr 07, 2013
sheyie2007:
With all the missle interceptors the US army posses ... NK end game is to develop that nuke.. then, we can now be talking new boss

You forget If the U.S decides to wage war on N.K other nation will join N.K

The palestine and Iran will go all out on Isreal while U.S is fighting N.K

The U.S has no chance of winning that war without huge losses. This time the U.S economy will not survive, you need to think . War cost money, man power and other resources. The U.S has more enemies that friends, some are only waiting for the right time to strike.

Their will be no war. The U.S know N.K is a formidable opponent that can open up a can of smelly worms. And, dont forget the hackers and computers can do very little in N.K. America can only succesfully win a war with heavy recon and intelligence.

It barely has enough on China , talkless of N.K.

P.S - N.K does not need any nuke all it has to do is talk the talk and walk the walk. cheesy
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 07, 2013
UncleJJ:

The U.S has no chance of winning that war without huge losses. This time the U.S economy will not survive, you need to think . War cost money, man power and other resources. The U.S has more enemies that friends, some are only waiting for the right time to strike.

Their will be no war. The U.S know N.K is a formidable opponent that can open up a can of smelly worms. And, dont forget the hackers and computers can do very little in N.K. America can only succesfully win a war with heavy recon and intelligence.

P.S - N.K does not need any nuke all it has to do is talk the talk and walk the walk. cheesy
Patiently waiting
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by ArQueBusieR(m): 1:39pm On Apr 07, 2013
Diplomacy has never really worked with DPRK. And now they seem hellbent on restarting their nuclear programme. Maybe they just wanna be perceived as big and bad, I don't know. But I do know about their special operations force. They are probably the toughest commandos on earth. And last I checked, DPRK had about 140,000 of such. Whoo!
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by teskyg: 5:54pm On Apr 07, 2013
@ Uncle JJ,you are spitting shit.N.k will last a day if the US,Japan,Korea and co decide to pound them.Wake up Dude and stop dreaming.
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by Crownvilla(m): 8:41pm On Apr 07, 2013
North Korea just dey do shakara!!

Here we have a bored dictator making noise just to keep himself in the global eye and gain some measure of relevance.

Of course, he has no intention to attack South Korea, the U.S or any other country for that matter. But he needs his kicks and 15 minutes of fame just like anyone else. So he poses with batallions of soldiers, mobilises aircraft, talks tough etc

Unless he is a complete crackpot, his noisemaking will just remain just that,....... noise!
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by Katsumoto: 8:51pm On Apr 07, 2013
eggheaders: world war 3,hmmn but seriously the north Koreans has nothing to lose.and again I salute their courage of stand up to the number bullying nation.and I pray all the war hardwares they claim to have are not just mere mouthing sha.us will also be so cautious about entering a war with north Korea cause of it many interest in the Pacific.

Nothing to lose? Maybe if you are discounting the lives of North Koreans. Isn't North Korea responsible for the current war drums by stating that it is in a state of war with South Korea? A war between the US and North Korea would be over so fast; this wont be a war of soldiers but of bombs. Think Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945.
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by Katsumoto: 8:52pm On Apr 07, 2013
UncleJJ:

Is this from a video game?
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by UncleJJ(m): 10:32pm On Apr 07, 2013
teskyg: @ Uncle JJ,you are spitting shit.N.k will last a day if the US,Japan,Korea and co decide to pound them.Wake up Dude and stop dreaming.

What statements have Japan and South Korea made, that make you feel they are interested in war. Japan is just recouperating from a nuclear disaster and a weakening economy.

Why does everyone think war is always about who has more guns.
Katsumoto:

Is this from a video game?

This i dont understand but if what you mean is that my statement lack a solid basis, then i kindly ask that you refute them with facts not such.
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by Katsumoto: 10:36pm On Apr 07, 2013
UncleJJ:

This i dont understand but if what you mean is that my statement lack a solid basis, then i kindly ask that you refute them with facts not such.

First point out the facts in your post.
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by UncleJJ(m): 2:31am On Apr 08, 2013
Katsumoto:

First point out the facts in your post.

Where would u like me to start ?
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by ochukoccna: 8:09am On Apr 08, 2013
When a mad man insists on lighting a cigarette in a filling station,what do you do
NK can't really hurt the US directly but South Korea,Japan who are America's allies will feel their impact in more ways than one
NK WILL not win any war but if they choose the Samson option(which is their best strategy),the whole Asain region will be thrown back by decades with incalculable damage
In a weak global econony weary of intensive warfare,everyone is trying to avoid that
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by ba7man(m): 10:27am On Apr 08, 2013
All talk, no action. I was shaken at first but i got tired of hearing NK threats. Now its either he starts launching missiles or he shuts up. Talk time is over, he should put his missiles where his mouth is.
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by hakanai(m): 10:55am On Apr 08, 2013
All of una na jingos!!!!

Why the war worry una? Its simple the world is sick economically no one would want any serious conflict now. Especially with the economic crisis and population nations hold at this moment. It could be catastrophic and not worth it.Nations dangle between economic melt down and chaos.
Anyway north Koreans are ideological and fanatically attached to there government. If only the government is targeted and weakened then things could quickly take a spin. The frictions amongst its leadership and the struggle for people to liberate themselves if only they know what its about.
US can take out NK. The questions is time and how much damage would have being done before the NK army or leadership is brought to its knees. Last I saw NK showing off obsolete military hardware. MIG 21,poor artillery batteries, RC Planes! The greatest armament for the NK is the medium range missiles. If an effect missile defence system such as the IRON DOME of Israel is in place, Nk will become less effective. Already is known fact the missiles are less accurate. I see a suicide run war by NK and gradually people changing there minds and betraying the NK Junta.As no matter what they wont keep dying forever to protect the greed of there hardline leaders.
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by ayosmiles(m): 1:21pm On Apr 08, 2013
If it eventually leads to war it will not be fought anywhere close to d us nd maybe no american civilian casualties. The wart will be mostly fought on d korean peninsula nd spill over into neighbouring countries.the greatest losers will b south korea and japan dat will b laid to dust by korean missiles. Us will surely defeat north korea bt cannot do dt without invadin them and destroying dem which will eventually bring in d chinese. D us will eventually lose nd withdraw with heavy loses on both side. Once again cchina will emerge d biggest winner just like d first war nd us will bury their head in shame
They knw dis is s war they cant wim.
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by naira2011(m): 3:33pm On Apr 08, 2013
U.S. is the evil and the problem here. Since after Korean War, U.S. has been sponsoring and supporting economic sanctions against North Korea. In the whole of E.U., sanctions didn't allow North Korea to trade with European countries even Africa as China is heavily into Africa so what do you think North Korea will do. How can U.S. keep punishing countries that are not interested to take orders from Washington? If not Chinese, North Korea would have suffered more but the Chinese stood by them in the time of Korea War and up till today. Most people here that are undermining North Korea, do you think Chinese will fold their arms if U.S. or South Korea attack the North..they have defense treaty which means Chinese People's Liberation Army must come to defend them in the event of attack on their country. U.S. know this and that is why she is trying to use diplomacy because if U.S. attempt to use Nuclear weapons on North Korea, the Chinese, Russians also will intervene. Can U.S. afford this? Anyways I want the war to happen because the world needs to change some equations and U.S. imperialism will fall. If not for World War 2, most African countries would have still be under colonization till today but thank God for Hitler that face his fellow Europeans and they killed themselves (He who can decode should do). At some point the world needs a major war to bring peace, liberty and freedom to mother earth.
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by Katsumoto: 3:40pm On Apr 08, 2013
UncleJJ:

Where would u like me to start ?

Start from your original post. Point out the facts in the post below.

UncleJJ:

Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by UncleJJ(m): 10:04pm On Apr 08, 2013
1. China will support NK and most likely Russia.

2. While the US is busy laying plans and sending drones, propagating wild stories on CNN and BBC, Palestine will be glad to send a few more missles into Isreal and Iran will be happy to suppo a fellow muslim nation.

3. You honestly dont think the US will wage a war without spending a dime. Imagine, the incentives it will have to offer vietnam, japan and the phillipines.

Anymore questions ?
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by Katsumoto: 10:21pm On Apr 08, 2013
UncleJJ: 1. China will support NK and most likely Russia.

2. While the US is busy laying plans and sending drones, propagating wild stories on CNN and BBC, Palestine will be glad to send a few more missles into Isreal and Iran will be happy to suppo a fellow muslim nation.

3. You honestly dont think the US will wage a war without spending a dime. Imagine, the incentives it will have to offer vietnam, japan and the phillipines.

Anymore questions ?

Facts are based on events in the past. Will indicates future probable, or possible events. The presence of will indicates it is yet to happen and can't be FACT.
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by Blyss: 2:51am On Apr 09, 2013
eggheaders:

that can't be contested that the usa gat more war toys.but the Koreans also claimed to have missiles capable of getting into us territories.so if there claims are true then the war is currently 50/50 chance of any of them winning.

LOL. It's not 50/50. It'll take at least 10 Nukes to take down the US mainland, and it's not certain that NK even has up to 5, wile the US has many thousands. The US also has the most advance missile defense network in the world, with major elements of it stationed in Guam, Hawaii, Alaska and Canada, which means that any nuke fired at the US over the Pacific and or the North Pole will have to first evade a vast outer ring network of missile tracking and targeting systems with ranges of thousands of miles each. Now if they somehow managed to get past that, which will be extremely difficult with like only a 20% chance of success, they'll then have to get through the second ring of tracking systems in which is even more densely structured.

Now even if, though extremely unlikely, North Korea had a delivery system in which could carry a nuke to the mainland of the US, they'll have no more than one of those systems available.

That means they'll get just one shot to fire that one nuke off and have it evade the US's massive missal defense system, a feet in which in all reality would take a barrage of nuclear strikes to obtain success of even getting just a few nukes to penetrate. cheesy Once that one chance is spent, the game is over. The US will then return with a massive barrage strike of their own, and there is no nation on earth that has as advance of a defense against such than the US does, and especially not NK. cheesy
Re: Your Take On North Korea's Rhetorics by Blyss: 2:53am On Apr 09, 2013
UncleJJ: 1. China will support NK and most likely Russia.

Anymore questions ?

Russia will not support NK. Their relationship with the US is much more important to them than the elimination of NK.

(1) (Reply)

Modified / White Republican Wins Election In Texas, After Pretending To Be African American / Why Is There No Light In Accra Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.