Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,931 members, 7,817,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? (9106 Views)

Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? / 8 Signs You're Under Spiritual Attack And 3 Steps To Freedom / Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by ono(m): 7:50am On May 12, 2006
baby4u2:

well sha after all said. when i've had any health issues like headache, purging or toothache like i had last week its only normal that my pastor and others around pray for me, i've not heard anyone telling me its a spiritual attack (u guys need to check the people u stay around). and there are such things as spiritual attacks am not a fool that i would not believe this things, didnt i stay in naija for a while. i just thank God when i hear this many scary stories, i know i've never face it and will never in Jesus Name. i think if u've not watched exorcism of emily rose, u should. it teaches us that some tend to interpret spiritual attacks as medical issues. even as i believe that some things are physical attacks which can be treated by different medications there are also spiritual attacks as we are all spirits living in flesh.

Now, that's a wonderful one from baby4u2, I watched that movie, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, and boy! I was so shocked that such things happen over there too. I mean that was a true life story of what happened to a young, very intelligent and bright girl at an early age. But demons attacked her and turned her to something else. She talked very much like a beast at a stage, howling and shouting.

Personally, I think that story aptly describes spiritual attack in every sense of the words, cause those scenes are not something that could be explained with the physical.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by Seun(m): 7:59am On May 12, 2006
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anneliese_Michel <-- a more unbiased account of that woman's life.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by ono(m): 8:11am On May 12, 2006
Seun:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anneliese_Michel <-- a more unbiased account of that woman's life.

This Seun sef! hahan! How do you think I will believe everything in that wikipedia writeup? You know me too well not to swallow too much crap.

Thank you for showing me things like her true name and all the mumbo jumbo drugs they administered to that lady during the course of her sufferings. Bottom line is that she was attcked by demons.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by mochafella(m): 8:15am On May 12, 2006
ono:

I watched that movie, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, and boy! I was so shocked that such things happen over there too.

I saw that too. Some freaky stuff.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by kellybaba(m): 3:51pm On May 12, 2006
@dearzi: really n truly,dt dream u mentioned is a sure sign of demotion as far as d spirit realm is concerned.just that as a child of god,u hv d capacity n resource to reverse it.
@kimba: in as much as i align with ur stance,let mi just say that d misplaced fear of attributing everything to s'attack is actually an aberration as xtians r nt meant 2 live in suspicion but discernment !
@baygirl: u hit it joooo ! spiritual controls the physical absolutely !

spiritual attack is a stark naked reality ! another very active plane/realm exists which directly influences activities here.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by dearzi(f): 4:40pm On May 12, 2006
@Kellybaba
I don't deny that those things happen, but can you please tell me how it is a sign of demotion? how do we come by the interpretations of our dreams? when i dream, thank God for discernment, if it is a dream that bothers me i take care of it. If the Holy Spirit doesn't lay an interpretation of that dream on my heart i just treat it as what it is. There are dreams i forget to pray about, and when i get the constant reminder in my spirit i know it's something to take care of. So, my question is: how do people generally come about their interpretations? some dreams are just an expression of our mind's over activity or concerns or something! but we have to spiritualize it! people go to bed with concerns and they dream, and they say it is spiritual attack in the dream! i'm not trying to refute the existence of spiritual attacks--not possible. I've dreamt of beating koko out of somebody before--that one i know was spiritual cuz during the fight i was praying, and i woke up praying (mind you, i didn't know the person from Adam, and there was no one i had beef with to express the dream as one where i was expressing my desire to deal with anyone). I just want to understand how people come by the interpretations of their dreams. And the dream of the uniform, please explain how you know it is a demotion?

How is that different from a person having personal concerns about educational issues, and the mind working up and expressing those fears in that format? why does it have to mean demotion? anyone, please explain to me how you come to conclude a thing like that. Did a demon reveal that that's what it means in their realm?
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by spikedcylinder: 4:45pm On May 12, 2006
I saw the movie-The Exorcism of Emily Rose,real scary stuff but i feel thats the way the catholics choose to interprete the story.You know just like they claim the statue of Mary cries tears of blood.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by fresheva(f): 5:31pm On May 12, 2006
there are such hings as spiritual attack, yes it happens, but as children of God we are protected, for he said in his word that no weapon formed fashion against us shall prosper an d every tongue that rises against us in jdgement he will detroy
he also said he that lives in us is greater he that liveas int he world
so what do we have to fear?
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by gbadex1(m): 5:46pm On May 12, 2006
to answer the question to this thread, i'll quote a bible verse.

Ephesians 6:12

". . .For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms"

. . . i think this puts everything into perspective.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by spikedcylinder: 5:51pm On May 12, 2006
Because the bible says it doesnt mean it has been put into perspective.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by gbadex1(m): 5:52pm On May 12, 2006
Seun:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anneliese_Michel  <-- a more unbiased account of that woman's life.

. . .and how are you so sure the account you cooked up isn't unbiased? How sure are you that the account given in the movie is biased?
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by gbadex1(m): 5:56pm On May 12, 2006
spikedcylinder:

Because the bible says it doesnt mean it has been put into perspective.

Because the Bible says so, IT means IT has put everything into perspective. I am Christian, and the Bible is God's Word and a guidline to how i'd live a my life the way God want me to live. so quoting from the Bible brings everything into perspective!!!!! angry wink
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by spikedcylinder: 6:00pm On May 12, 2006
Now take a deep breath. . . . . hmmmmm. . . . let out the steam huney!The bible doesnt have to make you so angry.
You stated your POV,i stated mine,why are you angry?
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by dearzi(f): 9:07pm On May 12, 2006
To the Christian, the Bible is, or ought to be the FINAL authority concerning any situation. Anything outside that, Christians--not religious church goers, is perverted truth. God's not a man that He should lie, so if it's not His word, then that "truth" or "fact" is a lie. smiley
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by Ajisafe: 9:44pm On May 12, 2006
Because the Bible says so, IT means IT has put everything into perspective. I am Christian, and the Bible is God's Word and a guidline to how i'd live a my life the way God want me to live. so quoting from the Bible brings everything into perspective!!!!!

That's a "true" lie! You need to open your eyes, boy. Your bible was written by confused individuals -- most especially, that your so-called New Testament, which was written by Mr. Paul, the founder of christianity.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by Idekeson(m): 1:41pm On May 14, 2006
Spiritual attacks are simply unknown ailments. As medicine and science improve, a lot of our so called "spiritual attacks" get stricken off the list.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by angeldanci: 10:41am On May 15, 2006
I have read most of the replys for this topic , I have been attacked while sleeping, here's my story.

While sleeping I feel a presence that wakes me up , I feel this presence besides me and I don't like the feel of it, its almost like it has control of my body as I can't move , I feel very restricted. This has happened quite a few times in my life and its so damn anoying, but one night it was so powerfull, I could feel a presence hovering over the top of me while I was laying on my back and I could also hear this noise in my ears, the presence started at the bottom of my feet and slowly worked up my body and the higher they got the louder the noise in my ears, I was sooo spooked.
I couldn't move even tho I tried, when they reached the top of my head the noise in my ears was ringing loud, it was kinda like a plane starting its engines and then taking off on the run way, anyway, as time went on and the presence came back I got used to that feeling that would wake me , (I was soooooo sick of it), but when I could feel it starting to over take my body I took all that feeling in and with everything I had inside me I pushed that feeling back onto *it* only ten times more powerful, I felt confusion coming from this presence and then it went away. It hasn't come back except for one night not to long ago, all I said was hurry up and get on with it and do what you have to do then leave me alone, it did nothing and went away.
I don't fully understand what was happening or why it was even there, do I class it as evil, ? not sure,
I know I didn't like the feel of it, but a different energy to ours is always a discomfort, doesn't mean its always evil. I beleive we all have the power within us, but its up to us to use it in the right way.

What ever it was, it was an un-invited invasion on my body, so yeah, I guess I have answered my own question to that one.
I do agree that when a person becomes more spiritual there own personal energy changes to a higher vibration being more suseptible to energy that is not so nice until we pass that vibration and go even higher.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by spikedcylinder: 10:50am On May 15, 2006
I´m also sure there´s a medical term to qualify what you went through.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by angeldanci: 11:02am On May 15, 2006
well then look it up, and then let me know when you have the answer.

As for the Bible, IT IS a man made bible to controll the human mind and to control what is sould be like here on earth in * there eyes*.

If I was going to read a bible of any sort, it would have to be the very *one * written by God himself then I would beleive it, but not something that has been re-written a thousand times and modified to suit.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by baby4u2(f): 5:36pm On May 15, 2006
@angeldanci u mean modified for better understanding. i really don't understand the kings james version and i personnally prefer the new international version because i understand that better. if u have noticed any contradictions in any of the versions am sure you would have mentioned it? the different versions are like synonyms (for better understanding for different people). if u're waiting for God to personally speak or give u a Bible its best you start believing his word first (in the Bible i mean). i guess u've read the scriptures and it states that the Bible is the revelation of the holy spirit about the word of the Lord unto man compiled by different apostles hence the the Book of the Lord the Bible. start with the Bible and you know God now, , if you ask for a personal one from him, he'll surely give one to you (no bi Bible).
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by denobleman(m): 4:38pm On Jun 21, 2006
Hi All,
Having gone through the thread I see that the bone of contension here is if there's a reality called SPIRITUAL ATTACK.
To that I Yes,there's spiritual attacks and it happens every moment and it's happening right now around you(yes I mean you) but the problem is that you have no eyes like Gehazi the servant of Prophet Elisha and instead of runing back to the source of all things both metaphysical,cosmoslogical and physical,to open our eyes to SEE we now want to explain everything loggically.
May I ask this qustion,a blind man who sees not the Sun and believes that everywhere is dark.Does that mean that the sun does not exist in reality?

NB:Feel free to contact me for more delibrations via denobleman@fastermail.com.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by SvS(f): 11:59pm On Jun 21, 2006
spiritual attack
umn neva believd in it
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:00am On Jun 22, 2006
i know there is lipsrsealed
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by Logical(m): 12:05am On Jun 22, 2006
gbade. x:

Because the Bible says so, IT means IT has put everything into perspective. I am Christian, and the Bible is God's Word and a guidline to how i'd live a my life the way God want me to live. so quoting from the Bible brings everything into perspective!!!!! angry wink

That actually draws a line between an intellectual discussion to an unintellectual discussion. Normally it would be more appropriate to add the following before any bible quotations.

"Whatever judgements or opinions I make in Life are based on what the bible has taught me, and hence all my opinions are unintellectual in nature, and because of that, it shouldnt be treated as one, because whatever opinions I make are based on doctrines that are not acceptable by everyone and therefore it does not constitute any standard outside the christian world"

Intellectual opinions reside outside the christian world because they are widely accepted opinions, example of such opinions which are based on fact are:-

1. Taking the life of another individual is wrong.
2. Telling lies is an inapproprite act.

This opinions are well proven, and the basis of that stance are widely accepted by any human being.

denobleman:

NB:Feel free to contact me for more delibrations via denobleman@fastermail.com.

You have a spiritual lab ? You got to be kidding me.
spikedcylinder:

I´m also sure there´s a medical term to qualify what you went through.

Like MAGUN otherwise known as THUNDERBOLT, you got to be kidding me cheesy
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by m4malik(m): 1:50pm On Aug 03, 2006
Logical:

Intellectual opinions reside outside the christian world because they are widely accepted opinions, example of such opinions which are based on fact are:-

1. Taking the life of another individual is wrong.
2. Telling lies is an inapproprite act.

This opinions are well proven, and the basis of that stance are widely accepted by any human being.

So, if your definition of "intellectual opinions" reside outside the Christian world, could we safely conclude that the items you listed below reside within the Islamic world, such as -
1. Taking the life of another individual - (which you have acknowledged is wrong)
2. Telling lies - (which again you said is inappropriate)??
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by TaniCarr(f): 12:09pm On Aug 29, 2006
I didn't grow up in a praticing christianity in truth and in spirit home.When I was younger I use to get this feeling that I was being watch it would come and go.One time I walked past my bathroom,and I dtill remember to this day,seeing I man sitting on the toilet. I looke for about three seconds and was scared too death and went in my room. He wasn't using it just sitting,looking at me while I was looking at him. I remember growing up and always hearing a voice and the voice would answer me and respond to me as if I was talking to a person. I never told anyone because I thought people would say I was crazy.Sometimes at night,I would try to get up and my body would feel like it was being pressed down and I wouldn't be able to move for sometimes hours.It scared me but I never had a since of what it was and I never felt very scared after it happen a few times.The not being able to move happend betweenn the ages of 9and 12.It stopped happening when I left that house,but the voice in my head remained.The voice actually was with me since I was very young I can't remember not having it and always feeling like I was different.Just recently about a few months back I was lying in bed with I guy and all of a sudden (he was sleeping) I couldn't move or breath!I was so scared!I was lying right beside him and I couldn't touch him or make a noice.It was alot scariesr than when I was a kid because when I was a kid I could always breath. It happend one more time when I was alone. I believe it was an attack.The guy and I are good friends and we weren't having sex,he is my brother in the Lord.I trust him. I became very scared and went into prayer about it and I haven't had it happen since. smiley
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by Logical(m): 5:44pm On Aug 29, 2006
@m4malik you have sidetracked what I was actually saying and choose to question my intentions of that original post? Why is that? What does the Islamic world have anything to do with what I said, considering the fact that I didn't mention anything related to the Islamic world.

Is that your way of being defensive, when you know quite alright that my intention was leave religion apart and face reality with scientific proof and worldwide acceptable standard?

Please do let me know what exactly you are trying to drive at, because honestly I do not understand your argument?
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by denobleman(m): 6:35pm On Aug 29, 2006
There is an indigenous Igbo saying which says,"people do not loo for shelter until the rain get them unawares".I am not surprised that some of exported brothers who do not even have eye clean enough to see what's happening in their enviroment will persistently tell us that there's no such thing spiritual.They take this stand either because they did not understand very clearly the western culture they copy or that there's a world of difference between what should be and what is.
However I am happy that some quys have been able to draw a distinctive line between the exergerations and reality.
Exergerations do not mean that there's no such thing as spiritual attack.if you still doubt go and challange that local herbalist by your own strenght,you may beat him up but the time he finishes with you,you may not be alive.
However be that as it may.You can challenge him/her or anyone moving with negative spiritual if you've got Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.Challenging whatever force that comes in your way in his name Mt 1:21,Jer 1:10,IS 49:25-29,Phil 2:10 to mention a few.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by Drusilla(f): 7:07pm On Aug 29, 2006
I have been spiritually attacked.

Once when a witch was riding my back, I watched helpless as someone who was in my house at the time came and told me to renounce Jesus Christ and when I refused the person got on my back and began to stab me in the back and neck.

Somebody told me to fight, so I began to call on Jesus and cast the demon out in Jesus name.

Finally, I fought my way free.

I woke up. The pain in my back and neck was so intense that I could not move for 20 minutes. I just sat there on the side of my bed trying to recover.

This is how God taught me about how spiritual things do have an effect on your health because that pain was unreal, I could not believe that I was awake and still feeling the pain of 'the witch riding my back'.

The witch riding your back -- is what African Americans call sleep paralysis.

I would wonder why you see things that are not happening in real life when your body is paralysed but your eyes are open?
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by Seun(m): 7:15pm On Aug 29, 2006
Drusilla, that's just a bad dream also known as nightmare. Most people have them once in a while.

As for the pain on your back, maybe that was the cause of the dream. You slept in a wrong position and your brain manufactured a nightmare related to that pain, based on your belief in demons.

It's just your mind playing tricks on you again. This is something some people take drugs for. wink
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by Drusilla(f): 7:36pm On Aug 29, 2006
I like drugs.  cheesy
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by Drusilla(f): 7:42pm On Aug 29, 2006
I do not use any substances except those endorsed and allowed by the Federal Drug Administration.

It was a joke. Don't get all hyper on me. Smile.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jesus V Muhammed - Muslim Response - Talk Islam / Praying For The Dead / What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.