Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? (9103 Views)

Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? / 8 Signs You're Under Spiritual Attack And 3 Steps To Freedom / Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by ono(m): 10:14am On May 10, 2006
Do you folks believe in something like spiritual attacks? Is there anything like that? Has anyone experienced it?

If you have, please share your experience with us. I've heard of people getting pressed down on, while in bed and several other stories like that in the past, could it be real?
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by chy(f): 10:33am On May 11, 2006
is real but if u are aprayerful
none can touch for the bible says "if God be for us who Ca ne against us"
So be very strong in prayers

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by Seun(m): 10:40am On May 11, 2006
Charlisco believes that beinmg unable to get up from your bed immediately after you wake up is a spiritual attack.. I interpreted it as sleep paralysis.

Others believe that some vivid dreams (such as a young child dreaming that she's flying in the night or attending 'meetings') represent reality. I disagree.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by kimba(m): 10:50am On May 11, 2006
Yes there is what is called "Spiritual attack", just like there is what is called "Physical attack".

The problem with many people today is that they attribute everything to spiritual attack. If they, out of sheer ignorance or stupidity eat something that isnt good for their body and thereby go purging for the next 3-days, they say its a spiritual attack.

As a Christian, you shouldnt fear those kind of things(Spiritual attack), if really Gods Spirit is indwelling you.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:51am On May 11, 2006
Yes!
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by Seun(m): 10:55am On May 11, 2006
Can those who are saying that spiritual attacks are real describe some in detail?
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:55am On May 11, 2006
they are real!
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by DaHitler(m): 11:07am On May 11, 2006
I experience temporary paralysis about once every month or two. (unable to move my body. I can still move my eyes when it happens). It was scary the first few times it happened, but if you remain calm and focus on moving your fingers (easier to move than your whole body) the effects would wear off within a minute or 2. I won't recommend that you jump to the conclusion that this is a spiritual attack, because it only happens when I am really tired. Kinda like having your body fall asleep, leaving only your mind and eyes awake.

Now, its a pleasant suprise every time I become temporarily paralyzed. It gives you a few minutes to think and wait in excitment about your soon to be available ability to move again! grin

If I had to guess, I would say its some sort of nerve malfunction that blocks your brain from sending information to the rest of your body. grin

As for the if it the work of the Devil or whatever, I would have to believe in that sort of thing for that to even become an option.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by ontop(m): 12:00pm On May 11, 2006
Wickedness is reall, oppressions of the devil (witches and wizards) are also real but more reall is your faith in God. For only God sees the visible and the invisible.
They said the greates battle of life is invisible. Eighty (80%) of people in the grave where not killed by guns. How do you fight what you cannot see.
But when God fights your battle, there is no devil that can touch you.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by DaHitler(m): 12:25pm On May 11, 2006
Ofcoure more than 80 percent of the people in the grave did not die by a gun. Its no secret that most people die from disease than they die from physical harm. That alone does not point to there being some kind of God. I swear its like your parents did an awesome job getting you believe all this sorts of things. The only thing I have faith in is human stupidity. (Iseeu) grin
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by Rottweiler(m): 12:31pm On May 11, 2006
It's really funny when some christians tell others that there is no such thing as spiritual attack when the bible tells us that there exist demons, spirits, spiritual warfare, etc. Abi which bible una dey read? I guess it's the fear of the unknown that makes some people deny the existence of the spiritual grin. FEAR!  WHEN I DON'T ACKNOWLEDGE IT, IT WON'T TOUCH ME!  Fa Fa Fa Foul!  Our protection only comes from God almighty through Jesus christ. You are completely protected when you abide completely by his words.

If you don't believe in spiritual attack because you don't know anybody that has encountered it, please liaise with any friend of yours from Cross Rivers or Akwa Ibom. You will get first-hand info from them. By this, I don't mean it only happens in this two states.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by kimba(m): 12:34pm On May 11, 2006
@Afeni
Should you say something foul for every reply you make?
and maybe its because of your faith in human stupidity that you cant exactly lay hands on the cause/cure of your experience of "temporary paralysis".

@Ontop
thank you!. You said it right
But when God fights your battle, there is no devil that can touch you.

@Rottweiler
Our protection only comes from God almighty through Jesus christ. You are completely protected when you abide completely by his words.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by DaHitler(m): 12:59pm On May 11, 2006
First of all, my responce was not foul. And if you are some how implying that the cause of my "temporary paralysis" is the work of mythical demons that wage battle against an all powerful God, then I have some ocean front property in Kaduna that you might be interested in buying. grin
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by kimba(m): 2:08pm On May 11, 2006
@Afeni
And if you are some how implying that the cause of my "temporary paralysis" is the work of mythical demons that wage battle against an all powerful God
Nope, thats not what im implying.

Im just saying that since it appears you have a challenge, you should be able to take it to your god of "human stupidity" who could profer a solution.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by Gamine(f): 2:22pm On May 11, 2006
oh yes it is real, dont joke with it
but when u have Jesus in you theres no need to fear such they even back off on their own when u engage the power of praise and God's Word.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by LoverBwoy(m): 4:18pm On May 11, 2006
I notice it's mostly Nigerians and other Africans that Believe in spirit attacking people or witches even

How come its not on T.V ? grin grin grin

i know i just made some ignorant comments but hey They say i should pray i dont encounter it so Thank God so far
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by dearzi(f): 4:43pm On May 11, 2006
Yes, spiritual attacks do exist. As a Christian you shouldn't just attribute everything to the devil. Cuz we lie a lot on the devil, something happens and we're so quick to say "oh! it was the devil, if not for him i won't have done it" or "the devil made me do it" please! some times we need to take responsibility for our actions. Each man is drawn away of his own lust! Some of the issues we ascribe to the devil, i won't be surprised if he doesn't know anything about them!

On the issues of attack, yes, a christian can be attacked, unbelievers will constantly be manipulated by the devil and his cohorts! but if God be for you, who can be against you, when Greater is He that is in you than he that's in the world! if you've been attacked by the devil, either in dream or whatever, wake up and take charge--rebuke it in the name above all names.

Some people dream and see themselves in school uniforms they'll interprete it that they're being demoted in life! who told you so? if that be the case, you have the authority to call those things that be not as though they are! that's what i practise in my life. So, instead of cowering because of spiritual attacks and what have you, be bold and speak the word of truth for that situation, and don't be afraid to say "i rebuke you in the name of Jesus." Please don't go and say i rebuke you in the name of "Jesus who Paul preacheth" before one demon would whip you. But if you have faith and know your rights in Christ, no demon hatched out of hell would taunt you--if they do, you have the solution for them.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by Babygirl4(f): 5:15pm On May 11, 2006
Is that what it's called - sleep/temporary paralysis? I used to experience it when I was in boarding house in naija about 3 years ago.

Afeni you say its a pleasnt surprise? Never looked at it that way. Its just strange. My only consolation during times like that is I don't fear death. But imagine being buried alive. I guess I worry too much. I'LL TAKE CUE FROM U AND MAYBE JUST RELAX IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN.

Yes, I believe there is spiritual attack. Everything that happens in the physical has been permitted spiritually. It's just like the wind - you don't see it but you know its there. But I also know that power pass power. Jesus power Super Power!

At times people give the devil too much credit. If you know who u are in Christ and that you are the apple of God's eye and that He watches you ceaselessly then FEAR NOT, HE HAS OVERCOME THE WORLD!
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by zeb(m): 5:28pm On May 11, 2006
For all those people that say spiritual wickedness don’t exist should pray very hard that it doesn't happen to you.  

I have seen witchcraft and wizard in action many times so it doesn't  bother me any more,
I know people that are proud of being witchcraft. they will say my witchcraft is to protect my family not to kill.
Some will say I don’t eat another mans child but my own body parts,
Some will wake up in the morning and start saying last night cow was really fresh & sweet.  

Witchcraft have there world as it is in our physical realm.
Blood is there currency as just as we us money in our world.
Witches & wizards only attack the mind of people or there spirit when they are sleeping.
Sleep is a battle front between our world and spirits.
A witch cant attack you if you don’t have witch in your family.  
If you have been born in to a witchcraft family then surely you have been mark spiritually from birth. all your asset  has been seize in your life time that is when you have spiritual attack  cause any witch in the world will recognize you as food,
All spiritual attack starts from when you are a child not when you are an adult.
If you are experiencing attack when you are an adult its because seed have been sown into your life when you a child,

My best friend mother confessed before every body how she made her first son mad,

I  remember in 1995 one occasion under a tree were we usually play draft when we notice a small bird fell  from under the tree and one man standing there tried to pickup the bird and suddenly the bird turn to a naked young girl, everybody was amazed.
Then people ask the girl what she was doing under the tree naked and she answered they send her on a mission  to a community to check if there is electricity in that town she should destroy the transformer from the gas turbine to make sure there is no light,  

IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT YOU ARE LIVING IN A SPIRITUAL WORLD.
AS FAR AS YOU A LIVING BEING YOU HAVE A SPIRIT THAT LIVE IN YOUR HUMAN SUIT.

*hemotep*
I go in peace
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by spikedcylinder: 5:33pm On May 11, 2006
When people are too lazy to go deeper and seek answers to serious questions about life,they attribute it to spirituality!

I have headache,huh!i bind the devil!
I've been purging for the past 3 days,huh!i bind the devil!
I sprained my ankle while playing football,the devil made me do it!

Crazy conclusions to simple everyday things! undecided

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by DaHitler(m): 5:38pm On May 11, 2006
spikedcylinder, excellent post. That is what I have been trying to tell these people for close to a week now. This over-reliance on God makes it impossible to actually come up with valid solution to problems. cry
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by spikedcylinder: 5:41pm On May 11, 2006
Thanks Afeni,I realise that people always seem sort of 'afraid' to question the beliefs they have been brought up with.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by dearzi(f): 6:09pm On May 11, 2006
Yeah, people lean heavily on the spiritual and neglect what they can immediately take care of, but it doesn't belie the fact that there's a spiritual realm! a realm that our minds can't grasp ordinarily. There's nothing wrong with relying on God, or over relying on Him for that matter. If we could do it all we won't need Him.
If you believe in God, you'd better believe in the existence of the devil as well, but what matters is how much hold you let each have over your life. I'd much rather have God and over rely on Him any time, than be a play ground for the devil.

That said, if i fail the paper i'm supposed to be writing now, much as i'd LOVE to blame the devil, this one i know is not the work of the devil, but because i'm on Nairaland at this time, instead of writing.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by hotangel2(f): 8:18pm On May 11, 2006
Yes there is. Just that most people actually just go over-board with what it really is.

Like in nigeria for example, once u get 'head-ache' they say it's spiritual. Everything is spiritual.

Anyways yes there is.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by birdman(m): 8:45pm On May 11, 2006
i guess its time to confess, i fly at night, hence my name

grin
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by dearzi(f): 8:53pm On May 11, 2006
Birdman, so it was you?? i saw you on a broom stick! shocked
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by dominobaby(f): 9:21pm On May 11, 2006
Lol @ dearzi.(i luv ur username)
u and kimba av said enuf truth. We all cnt shy away 4m da truth dat it exists.
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by dearzi(f): 9:44pm On May 11, 2006
@Dominobaby
Thanks, you've got my blushing from ear to ear--which i think would appear as a spiritual attack, cuz i can't stop! i'm sure somebody's trying "to do me from my village" tongue
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by Seun(m): 10:54pm On May 11, 2006
I remember in 1995 one occasion under a tree were we usually play draft when we notice a small bird fell from under the tree and one man standing there tried to pickup the bird and suddenly the bird turn to a naked young girl, everybody was amazed.

Then people ask the girl what she was doing under the tree naked and she answered they send her on a mission to a community to check if there is electricity in that town she should destroy the transformer from the gas turbine to make sure there is no light.
LOL!! So NEPA failure is caused by the devil! Come on, man, this story is a fabrication!

If there's electricity, she should destroy the transformer from the gas turbine? That makes no sense. Gas turbines are not used to distribute electricity. And why did she even feel the need to reveal her top-secret mission? if she was infiltrating the town on a spying mission, wouldn't it have made sense to have some clothes on?

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by Ndipe(m): 2:46am On May 12, 2006
I remember in 1995 one occasion under a tree were we usually play draft when we notice a small bird fell from under the tree and one man standing there tried to pickup the bird and suddenly the bird turn to a naked young girl, everybody was amazed.

Then people ask the girl what she was doing under the tree naked and she answered they send her on a mission to a community to check if there is electricity in that town she should destroy the transformer from the gas turbine to make sure there is no light.
LOL!! So NEPA failure is caused by the devil! Come on, man, this story is a fabrication!

If there's electricity, she should destroy the transformer from the gas turbine? That makes no sense. Gas turbines are not used to distribute electricity. And why did she even feel the need to reveal her top-secret mission? if she was infiltrating the town on a spying mission, wouldn't it have made sense to have some clothes on?

Ndipe's comment.

Spiritual attacks are real, but the story about about a bird turning into a young girl is a big fat lie!!!
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by GL(f): 3:48am On May 12, 2006
Nigerians/Africans tend to attribute most problems to spiritual attacks because of our traditional beliefs. I read somewhere that in African Traditional Religion, it is believed that every physical action occurs as a result of one spiritual action or the other. I believe that there are spiritual attacks though. From the devil or thru ppl.
It is a waste of time explaining it to someone who doesn't believe in the supernatural in the first place. But christians shouldn't fear the devil or attacks.

Let's not deceive ourselves, a large percentage of Nigerians visit native doctors or use one juju or the other, christian, muslim, atheist, traditionalist or whatever. Why do they do that?
Re: Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? by baby4u2(f): 5:07am On May 12, 2006
well sha after all said. when i've had any health issues like headache, purging or toothache like i had last week its only normal that my pastor and others around pray for me, i've not heard anyone telling me its a spiritual attack (u guys need to check the people u stay around). and there are such things as spiritual attacks am not a fool that i would not believe this things, didnt i stay in naija for a while. i just thank God when i hear this many scary stories, i know i've never face it and will never in Jesus Name. i think if u've not watched exorcism of emily rose, u should. it teaches us that some tend to interpret spiritual attacks as medical issues. even as i believe that some things are physical attacks which can be treated by different medications there are also spiritual attacks as we are all spirits living in flesh.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? / Praying For The Dead / Jw.org: 100 Years Of Failed Prophecies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.