Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

100 Admonitions from the Qur'an - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an (17060 Views)

The Qur'an Can Only Be Understood In Arabic" / Proof The Qur'an's Never Been Changed / The Qur'an - Allah's Word Or Muhammad's? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by wazobiaforu(m): 4:43am On Apr 13, 2013
ebansa:

That's why we are better than you and your islam.we christians know about those verses and have accepted it for what they really are about VIOLENCE..that's why you can never see a man with an explosive vest killing innocent people shouting Jesus is Lord.The Quaran is the same thing but you people still decide to reject the fact that your religion encourages Violence too and keep saying its about peace bla bla bla yet your jihadist are killing people for Allah..CHRISTIANS kNOW OUR GOD IS A VIOLENT GOD,the sooner you muslims do the same Allah the better for you..for how long can you avoid the truth

I like this, i qouted it because you might want to edit it - at least you accept fact, but do you know how many lives was lost in hitler war? What can you say about muslims in Nigeria before BH?

When muslims kept silent about BH,most xtian castigate all muslims for not preaching against BH, now many thread has been opened to preach against them and that they dont study the Quran very well, yet christians will still come and tell muslim to stop preaching against BH,that all muslim must be BH - smh
Anybody that have brain will know that BH is a political game hiding under religion

2 Likes

Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by Kairoseki77: 4:50am On Apr 13, 2013
wazobia_for_u:

I like this, i qouted it because you might want to edit it - at least you accept fact, but do you know how many lives was lost in hitler war? What can you say about muslims in Nigeria before BH?

When muslims kept silent about BH,most xtian castigate all muslims for not preaching against BH, now many thread has been opened to preach against them and that they dont study the Quran very well, yet christians will still come and tell muslim to stop preaching against BH,that all muslim must be BH - smh
Anybody that have brain will know that BH is a political game hiding under religion

Every terrorist in the world is a muslim. How do you explain this?

Also, Hitler was an atheist.
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by shamson: 5:41am On Apr 13, 2013
[quote author=IbrahimB]@OP Thanks for the beautiful piece smiley

LoL. What's there to hide? . The verses don't do anything but add strength to the OP's post, which I'm sure wasn't your intention tongue. Let's look at the verses shall we? wink

1. Quran 2:190-193

a) The verses tell us to fight those who fight us. What exactly is the problem here? Is there any self-respecting country or community now that would fold it's arms when being attacked? Is there any self-respecting man that will turn the other cheek if someone were to storm his house and molest his wife and children? No. Commonsense rules such a person to defend himself. On the contrary we have countries nowadays attacking other countries that haven't fought them in the name of preemptive strike based on doctored documents.

b) "And do not transgress limits. Verily, God doesn't love the transgressors."

Even when we fight, when we have to, God tells us to avoid transgression. Brother, is there anything more beautiful than that? cheesy. No killing of children, women, animals, burning of trees, killing of monks, mutilating corpses and so on. This is in contrast to what goes on when a godless nation gets upper-hand over its enemies. And indeed in contrast to what obtains in the Bible.

That's just one example. I'm sure your pastors don't read that to you in church or do they? Even if for the sake of history lessons? No? tongue So what's the problem if God asks not to transgress limits, even when we are engaged in fighting?

c) "If they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression"

This clearly mentions that if the enemy inclines to peace, we should stop fighting except against those who still seek to oppress us. Is there any problem with that?

This above verse is further supported by another verse, Qur'an 60:8:

Honestly, I don't see what the problem is. I would advise you read the Qur'an - the WHOLE of it - rather than picking verses here and there. In that way, you will understand properly the context and the entire message of the Qur'an. Peace.[/quote

I prayed to Almighty to bless you my brother
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by shamson: 5:46am On Apr 13, 2013
Michaeljones36:

That is the definition according to the "west", today, had USA and allied not terrorize the Arabs and Africas?

1 Like

Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by PENMIGHT(m): 6:48am On Apr 13, 2013
Michaeljones36:

101. Kill all the non-believers.
You again? Will u ever stop this calumny?

Why been blinded by your sheer disdain for Islam and its teachings? You have gotten education here severally,yet you persist in always beating the drum of war! How many people and nations have been destroed in the past because of their heedlessness and arrogance!

You need to live your life,focus on it and leave issues that will profit u nothing but perdition.

Peace on he that follows the guidance.

1 Like

Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by gabinogem(m): 7:24am On Apr 13, 2013
Clearly, we can see that all religion brings about striff and division. The only true religion is in knowing urself and in doing what makes ur inner man happy and contented and accepting everyone as equal. Peace be unto the enlightened.

1 Like

Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by kmuf4: 7:26am On Apr 13, 2013
Masha Allah, islam is indeed a beautiful, peaceful and fair religion
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by ayenny02(m): 7:38am On Apr 13, 2013
oluagness: Good job, more than 95% is extracted from bible. Meanwhile, no 8 and no 85 contradict each other. Pls dont abuse me.
You said 95% extracted from bible, tell me are these extracted from bible?
1. Quran3:19- Truly the religion with God is islam. Those who were given the scripture (jews & christian) did not differ except out of jealousy after knowledge had come to them...
2. Quran3:85- and whoever seeks a religion other than islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in hereafter he will be one of the losers.
3.Quran 2:40- Or say you that Abrahamn Ismail, Isaac, jacob and 12 sons of jacob were jews or Christian? Say, Do you know better or does God know better... That they all were muslims. And who is more unjust than he who conceals the testimony...
4.Quran 42:13- HE (God) has ordained for you the same religion (islam) which ordained for Noah, and that which We have inspired in you (o Muhammad) and that which We ordained for Abraham, Moses and Jesus saying you should establish religion and make division in it religion)
So my question is this, tell me in bible that christianity is a religion of God and also tell me in bible that those who practise islam will be the loser in hereafter?
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by koolpal(m): 7:54am On Apr 13, 2013
Allah akbar
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by shuaiyak(m): 8:48am On Apr 13, 2013
JZK bro. It takes the one with the innermost eyes 2 see the exact point the Qur'an has explained...well may the Almighty Allah make us among those who are with him here and in the here after.......Ameeen.
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by ayenny02(m): 8:52am On Apr 13, 2013
COOLDUN:

From the same quran the Boko Haram and other islamic terrorists are quoting their own verses to justify their actions, they are even claiming to be the best muslims while all of you who are shouting wao,wao on nairaland forum are keeping mute. Until you guys openly confront the terrorists in your religion, all the quotations in your quran will still be seen as meaningless .
Pls can u explain these verses to us here;
Matthew 10:34-35
King James Version
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Luke 12:49-52
49 “I came to send fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how distressed I am till it is accomplished! 51 Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division. 52 For from now on five in one house will be divided: three against two, and two against three.

Luke 14:26
26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.

2 Likes

Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by Mintayo(m): 9:01am On Apr 13, 2013
ayenny02:
You said 95% extracted from bible, tell me are these extracted from bible
3.Quran 2:40- Or say you that Abrahamn Ismail, Isaac, jacob and 12 sons of jacob were jews or Christian? Say, Do you know better or does God know better... That they all were muslims. And who is more unjust than he who conceals the testimony...
4.Quran 42:13- HE (God) has ordained for you the same religion (islam) which ordained for Noah, and that which We have inspired in you (o Muhammad) and that which We ordained for Abraham, Moses and Jesus saying you should establish religion and make division in it religion)
So my question is this, tell me in bible that christianity is a religion of God and also tell me in bible that those who practise islam will be the loser in hereafter?

I actually didnt want to say anything before,but seeing this post,i just have to talk.
Saying that,Abraham,isaac or ishmael,Jacob and his 12 sons are muslim is a LIE,as in big LIE.

Islam was nevr practise in the Bible,neither was mohammad mentioned too(except you want to say that islam was not brought by mohammed).
I repeat,Jesus was not and can never be a muslim,stop the heresy.
I guess your quran says all other prophets too were muslims including Paul?!
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by Mintayo(m): 9:03am On Apr 13, 2013
ayenny02:
1. Quran3:19- Truly the religion with God is islam. Those who were given the scripture (jews & christian) did not differ except out of jealousy after knowledge had come to them...
2. Quran3:85- and whoever seeks a religion other than islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in hereafter he will be one of the losers.
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by Mintayo(m): 9:04am On Apr 13, 2013
ayenny02:
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by PENMIGHT(m): 9:27am On Apr 13, 2013
Mintayo: .

I actually didnt want to say anything before,but seeing this post,i just have to talk.
Saying that,Abraham,isaac or ishmael,Jacob and his 12 sons are muslim is a LIE,as in big LIE.

Islam was nevr practise in the Bible,neither was mohammad mentioned too(except you want to say that islam was not brought by mohammed).
So was Abraham a christian?
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by olybob: 9:31am On Apr 13, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] "Jazakumu lah khara jazah" may Allah continue 2 increase u in knwledge nd undastndng.
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by ayenny02(m): 9:34am On Apr 13, 2013
Laalamed: Does 10% of muslims make use of just 50% of the quotes?
How many pastors that preach where jesus woe those who collect tithe:Matthew 23:23
23 “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law: judgment, mercy, and faith. These ought ye to have done and not to leave the other undone.

Also, they asked Jesus christ are u son of God, jesus said:Matthew 26:63-64
63 But Jesus held his peace, And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
JESUS SAID NOTHING AND THEY CHANGED THE QUESTION THAT: Mark 14:61
61 But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
JESUS NOW ANSWERED YES: Mark 14:62
62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

SON OF BLESSED (who is Blessed)
Luke 1:28 & 48
28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by shamson: 9:50am On Apr 13, 2013
oluagness: Good job, more than 95% is extracted from bible. Meanwhile, no 8 and no 85 contradict each other. Pls dont abuse me.

Please let have the 95% quote for fact God and fact sake
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by ayenny02(m): 10:20am On Apr 13, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: So was Abraham a christian?
Firstly, ISLAM means PEACE

Matthew 5:17
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

John 14:27
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Isaiah 59:8
8 The way of peace they know not; and there is no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace.

FROM THE LAW OF MOSES, THERE IS PRAYER (SOLLAT)
Nehemiah 8:4-6

4 And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose; and beside him stood Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hilkiah, and Maaseiah, on his right hand; and on his left hand, Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zechariah, and Meshullam.

5 And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the peoplewink and when he opened it, all the people stood up:

6 And Ezra blessed the Lord, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the Lord with their faces to the ground.
PLEASE TELL ME HOW MUSLIM PRAYED

[Q21:72] And we granted him Isaac and Jacob as a gift, and we made them both righteous.

[Q21:73] We made them imams who guided in accordance with our commandments, and we taught them how to work righteousness, and how to observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) and the obligatory charity (Zakat).* To us, they were devoted worshipers

[Q19:30] JESUS said, "I am a servant of GOD. He has given me the scripture, and has appointed me a prophet.
[Q19:31] "He made me blessed wherever I go, and enjoined me to observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) and the obligatory charity (Zakat) for as long as I live.

BIBLE SAID THERE ARE MANY PRAYER (SOLLAT) JESUS DID BUT BIBLE DIDN'T MENTION John 21:25

25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written.

PLEASE MY DEAR BROTHER AND SISTER ACCEPT ISLAM TODAY B4 ITS TOO LATE
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by ayenny02(m): 10:25am On Apr 13, 2013
Mintayo: .

Firstly, ISLAM means PEACE

Matthew 5:17
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

John 14:27
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Isaiah 59:8
8 The way of peace they know not; and there is no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace.

FROM THE LAW OF MOSES, THERE IS PRAYER (SOLLAT)
Nehemiah 8:4-6

4 And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose; and beside him stood Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hilkiah, and Maaseiah, on his right hand; and on his left hand, Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zechariah, and Meshullam.

5 And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the peoplewink and when he opened it, all the people stood up:

6 And Ezra blessed the Lord, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the Lord with their faces to the ground.
PLEASE TELL ME HOW MUSLIM PRAYED

[Q21:72] And we granted him Isaac and Jacob as a gift, and we made them both righteous.

[Q21:73] We made them imams who guided in accordance with our commandments, and we taught them how to work righteousness, and how to observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) and the obligatory charity (Zakat).* To us, they were devoted worshipers

[Q19:30] JESUS said, "I am a servant of GOD. He has given me the scripture, and has appointed me a prophet.
[Q19:31] "He made me blessed wherever I go, and enjoined me to observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) and the obligatory charity (Zakat) for as long as I live.

BIBLE SAID THERE ARE MANY PRAYER (SOLLAT) JESUS DID BUT BIBLE DIDN'T MENTION John 21:25

25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written.

PLEASE MY DEAR BROTHER AND SISTER ACCEPT ISLAM TODAY B4 ITS TOO LATE
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by ayenny02(m): 10:30am On Apr 13, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: So was Abraham a christian?
Sorry my brother, I wanted to quote Mintayo not you
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by ayenny02(m): 11:52am On Apr 13, 2013
Michaeljones36:

Please tell me and all muslim here that;
1. HERRY OKAH is he a muslim that bomb at Abuja,
2. MILLITANT in Niger Delta are they a muslim,

3.Milwaukee, who killed because of christian religion, is he a muslim, http://www.religiondispatches.org/dispatches/guest_bloggers/6263/christian_terrorism_comes_to_milwaukee/

4.Norway attacks: Was Breivik a muslim

5.By summer 1942 it was known by the world that Hitler had killed at least 1 million Jews, and planned to kill all the Jews of Europe. And the murderous totalitarian nature of Germany had been clear for years, with its persecution and killing of Jews well reported throughout the 1930s.

6.The 1994 Rwandan genocide was committed by Christians (Rwanda is 90 percent Christian).

7.Bishop" Sunday who killed 110 children in nigeria;http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7764575.stm

8. Mr. John Alaku Akpavan (the man arrested at the Radio House) were to be Muslim; the story will have been different,” the statement said.  “But it is evidently manifest that hence he is a Christian, then he is either insane, incapacitated or “they belong to my brother” but if the suspected or arrested person is to be a Muslim, he is a terrorist, Boko Haram or a fundamentalist:https://www.nairaland.com/944771/emotional-story-john-akpavan-abuja

And many more you can read this;
http://www.godfire.net/Christian_Terrorist_Organizations.htm

1 Like

Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by okoiyawo3: 12:43pm On Apr 13, 2013
May Allah (God) SWA, reward everyone that have contributed to this topic abundantly starting from the moderator, the readers and the critics. Amina. Islam religion is peace
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by slimola(m): 1:15pm On Apr 13, 2013
Boko haram and islam,there is different boko haram are human being and islam is a religion of almighty
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by IbrahimB: 2:54pm On Apr 13, 2013
@sureteeboy got in touch with me by email with other verses of the Qur'an, which he believes support violence, and I have decided to post my reply here for the benefit of others.

Sureteeboy said:
2) Quran only orders you to fight back when attacked

--> I laughed when I read that line. Anyone who says that is really
ignorant of the quran. Check these verses

Oh yes that is so. Your misunderstanding of verses of the Qur'an wouldn't change that fact. And yes, I am aware of the verses.

Sureteeboy said:

Qur’an-(9:5): “But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and
slay the PAGANS wherever ye find them, And seize them, beleaguer them,
and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war) ; but if they
repent (accept Islam) and establish regular prayers and practices
regular charity then open the way for them; for God is oft-forgiving,
Most Merciful.”

Like, I said if you read the entire Qur'an - or a good deal of it - rather than picking verses here and there you will understand the Qur'anic message. You've quoted many verses from Surah 9 - that Surah was revealed when the Muslims were engaged in active battle with the Makkans. If you read that verse in Arabic, you will see that the Qur'an was referring specifically to the Mushrikun. Who are the Mushrikun? They don't refer to just any non-Muslim, they are the idolaters from Makkah who killed many of the Prophet's companions and forced them to flee their homes.

If you had bothered to read the verse before that, Qur'an 9:4, it would have cleared all your confusion.

"Except those of the Mushrikun with whom you have a treaty and who have not subsequently failed you in aught, nor have supported anyone against you. So fulfil their treaty to them for the end of their term. Verily, God loves those who are pious"

This verse sets the context for the entire of Surah 9, which you had quoted copiously. Let me go on to the next surah.

Sureteeboy said:

Quran-8:38 “And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression

We have been commanded to fight until there is no more tumult or oppression. What's the problem with that? If there is not tumult and no oppression, then there is no reason to fight.

Surah 8 (Anfal) was revealed after the battle of Badr which spells out what to do with booty from a war. The battle of Badr was the first battle between the Muslims and the Makkans after the Muslims were forced to emigrate from Makkah. Reading further in the Surah it says:

Qur'an 8:61 "But if they incline to peace, then also incline to it..

This surah was not revealed against peaceful non-Muslims who haven't done us any harm, but specifically against the violent Makkans at that time. And verse 38 and 61 of that Surah clearly state to stop fighting, if the enemy (1)inclines to peace (2)stops tumult and (3)desists from oppression. Once again, I don't see any problem here.

Qur’an (48:20): “….Allah promises you much booty (spoils of war) that you will capture from the defeated infidels….”

Like Surah 8 above, Surah 48 speaks of the Makkans whom the Muslims fought on numerous occasions. The verse doesn't tell us to just go and fight against anyone simply because he doesn't believe in Islam. In another verse of the Qur'an (10:99) it says:

And had your Lord willed, those on earth would have believed, all of them together. So will you then compel mankind until they become believers?

No one asks Muslims to compel others to believe. That is not possible as explained in the next verse:
It is not for any person to believe except by the Leave of God...

Sureteeboy said:
Quran-4:95: O ye who believe! Shall I show you a commerce that will
save you from a painful doom? You should believe in Allah and His
messenger, and should strive for the cause of Allah with your wealth
and your lives. That is better for you, if ye did but know. ... Allah
hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their
goods and persons than those who sit (at home).

For those believers who struggle in the way of God with their wealth and even their lives, there is reward for them with God. One's life is the greatest sacrifice a human-being can make for a cause. Most religions have their martyrs don't they? Nowadays, we have soldiers swearing their lives to their country even when their country is the oppressor. That is wrong.

Conclusion
The verses of the Qur'an were revealed at different stages of the Prophet's life. Some of the surahs like Anfal (cool and Taubah (9) were revealed when the Prophet and his companion were engaged in active battle with the disbelievers - note, the Mushrikuns (Makkans) in particular, and that explains the tone of those particular surahs.

The Qur'an doesn't regard all disbelievers as the same. In the same Surah 4 that you quoted above, the Qur'an says in Qur'an 4:90:

So if they withdraw from you, and fight not against you, and offer you peace, then God has opened no way for you against them

You can use this singular verse to understand the context of all the verses of the Qur'an that deal with fighting.

Again, Surah 60 as I have quoted before says (60:7-cool:

Perhaps God will make friendship between you and those whom you hold as enemies and Allah has power and is oft-forgiving and most merciful. God does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion nor drove you out of your homes. Verily those who deal with equity

So who are those we are to fight? The Qur'an explains further in the next verse:

It is only as regards those who fought against you on account of religion, and have driven you out of your homes...

Another verse of the Qur'an says (Qur'an 4:75):

And what is wrong with you that you fight not in the cause of Allah and for those weak, ill-treated and oppressed among men, women and children whose cry is: 'Our Lord! Rescue us from this town whose people are oppressors...

God doesn't forbid us to rescue others that have been wrongly oppressed by others on account of their weakness. Is God going to come down from His throne and fight Himself? No. Fighting when we have been oppressed, fighting against others who oppress a weak community are all just causes and believers shouldn't shy away from making the ultimate sacrifice, if the cause is just and good, as many of the companions of the noble Prophet, as well as several good men and women in History, have done in the past.
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by IbrahimB: 3:44pm On Apr 13, 2013
Sureteeboy said:

Sureteeboy: 3) The Bible verse you quoted about the killing in the bible.

-->It's a pity muslims quickly relate islamic killings to the one in
the old testament. I'll like to let you know some things
1) Islam had started when muhammad was killing but there was no
xtianity when the isrealites were killing.
2) Why did they kill? If you read the bible properly, You'll see that
Israelites were fighting for their land that time.

LoL. This is a joke right? So there was no Christianity when the Israelites were killing? cheesy. Christians quickly want to associate with the Old Testament when it is regards with prophecies fortelling the coming of Jesus, yet they always try to dissociate themselves when it is with some of the atrocities in the "old" testament.

A question for you, is the God of the OT different from the God of the NT?
Secondly, it can even be argued that it was Jesus that ordered those killings after all, Christians say Jesus is God himself.

And the excuse you give for the Israelites doesn't hold water. Does that justify the total slaughter where even children and animals are not spared as shown in the bible??

Sureteeboy: Do u know the number of wars china fought to acquire that land? Muhammad was plainly fighting for the expansion of Islam which clearly contradicts the Israelites' motive.

LoL, are you trying to use China as an example? And the case of Amalek that I quoted from the Bible is not of the Israelites fighting over their land. I'm sorry but are you trying to say all the killings in bible are about the Israelites fighting over their land?

The Prophet never fought to "expand" Islam. The Qur'an clearly says "There is no compulsion in religion" and you can't make someone to believe by the use of force. Please also see Qur'an 10:99.

Sureteeboy:
4) Our pastors don't teach us about those killings in church.

--> My church is Deeper Life. Every sunday, we have the search the
scriptures which we have been learning from the old testament. Our
pastors tells us about those killings, and how it applies to our lives
now, So, you only made a wrong assumption bro.

I don't expect your pastors to teach you about the killings. (Like I don't expect them to read from the Song's of Solomon and other chapters from the bible). The fact is you can't dissociate yourself from the OT.
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by Smayee: 5:25pm On Apr 13, 2013
While reading these i just felt wetness then i know its tears rolling down because of how wonderful and magnificent ALLAH is and how he{ ALLAH} is the first and the last. If he said those things in the Quran dockey years ago and they are happening then know He knows everything and nothing,no god and no man is equal to him.
ALLAHU AKBAR.

1 Like

Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by abdurrazaq(m): 10:29pm On Apr 13, 2013
ALLAH (GOD) created Hell and Paradise. Those who‘ll end up in hell will work for it and those that will gain the benefits of the paradise will equally work for it. What will your actions earn you on the judgement day? Think about it.
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by hikmoj(m): 1:04am On Apr 14, 2013
Paris_Love:

This not true. Men get 72 virgins in paradise while women make do with their lousy old husbands. How is it equal again? Unless women will get their own virgins which means women over there will be lesbians and indulge in lesbianism in Allah's heaven?

#justasking
u're jst releasd 4rm psychastrik hom,pls go bak&cmplt ur medication
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by ParisLove1: 7:54am On Apr 14, 2013
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by ParisLove1: 7:55am On Apr 14, 2013
hikmoj: u're jst releasd 4rm psychastrik hom,pls go bak&cmplt ur medication

grin tongue
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by angelofpeaceco(m): 9:52am On Apr 14, 2013
tomakint:

Sorry, just being curious here, if these are in the Quran then which 'Quran' are those bloody Boko Harams quoting from? Please furnish me with answers don't bombard me with insults at least you said this here; 26. Do not be rude in speech (3:159) and here 99. Do not repel one who asks (93:10)

The fact is dat those demons called bokoharam twist d meaning of d Quran to suit their selfish ideology. I believe there are christians who do same thing about d bible. The Quran is clear, human interpretation/twisting is now d problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Conversation Between Prophet Muhammad (peace Be Upon Him) And The Devil / Living With The Unseen(a Sister's Story) / How To Deal With Emotional Challenges And Hardships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.