Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,301 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

100 Admonitions from the Qur'an - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an (17105 Views)

The Qur'an Can Only Be Understood In Arabic" / Proof The Qur'an's Never Been Changed / The Qur'an - Allah's Word Or Muhammad's? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by azeezfatai(m): 11:53am On Apr 12, 2013
alhamdulillah...we have the quran to guide us and show us the way
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by Watermelon(m): 11:56am On Apr 12, 2013
YouChristians sef una trouble plenty oh, leave muslims let them be

2 Likes

Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by aminho(m): 11:58am On Apr 12, 2013
Dzallika min ayatil LAh

1 Like

Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by maclatunji: 12:00pm On Apr 12, 2013
Empex:

this quotations are made in the same format that the OP posted his/her quotation

Just one difference, the OP summarised correctly, the other guy chose to misrepresent.

2 Likes

Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by dustymania(m): 12:07pm On Apr 12, 2013
Alhamdulillah for being a muslim. It's the total way of life. More than a religion
:DAlhamdulillah for being a muslim. It's the total way of life. More than a religion

1 Like

Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by kkkp: 12:18pm On Apr 12, 2013
Alhamdulillah
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by ParisLove1: 12:57pm On Apr 12, 2013
28. Men and Women have equal rewards for their deeds (3:195)

This not true. Men get 72 virgins in paradise while women make do with their lousy old husbands. How is it equal again? Unless women will get their own virgins which means women over there will be lesbians and indulge in lesbianism in Allah's heaven?

#justasking

1 Like

Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by Yasmeena(f): 12:57pm On Apr 12, 2013
Ma sha Allah! I am so glad to be a Muslim, threads such as this and the posts therein always serves as a confirmation to me that i am on the right path. May Allah strengthen the ummah of our beloved Nabiyy (SAAW)and help us keep his commandments. smiley smiley smiley[/color][color=#000000]

2 Likes

Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by chakula: 1:03pm On Apr 12, 2013
Yasmeena: Ma sha Allah! I am so glad to be a Muslim, threads such as this and the posts therein always serves as a confirmation to me that i am on the right path. May Allah strengthen the ummah of our beloved Nabiyy (SAAW)and help us keep his commandments. smiley smiley smiley[/color][color=#000000]

Ameen Yasmeen.
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by tomakint: 1:41pm On Apr 12, 2013
ashson: Some 100 Advices from Qur'an

1. Do not mix the truth with falsehood (2:42)

2. Order righteousness to people only after practicing it yourself (2:44)

3. Do not commit abuse on the earth (2:60)

4. Do not prevent people from mosques (2:114)(2:114)

5. Do not follow anyone blindly (2:170)

6. Do not break the promise (2:177)

7. Do not engage in bribery (2:188)

8. Fight only with those who fight you (2:190)

9. Keep the etiquettes of war (2:191)

10. Protect orphans (2:220)

11. Do not have sexual intercourse during menstrual period (2:222)

12. Breast feed your children for two complete years (2:233)

13. Choose rulers by their merit (2:247)

14. No compulsion in religion (2:256)

15. Do not invalidate charity with reminders (2:264)

16. Help those in need by finding them (2:273)

17. Don’t consume interest (2:275)

18. Grant more time to repay if the debtor is in hard time (2:280)

19. Write down the debt (2:282)

20. Keep the trust (2:283)

21. Do not spy and backbite (2:283)

22. Believe in all prophets (2:285)

23. Do not burden a person beyond his scope (2:286)

24. Do not become divided (3:103)

25. Restrain Anger (3:134)

26. Do not be rude in speech (3:159)

27. Think deeply about the wonders and creation of this universe (3:191)

28. Men and Women have equal rewards for their deeds (3:195)

29. Wealth of the dead should be distributed among his family members (4:7)

30. Women also have the right for inheritance (4:7)

31. Do not devour the property of orphans (4:10)

32. Do not marry those in your blood relation (4:23)

33. Do not consume one another’s wealth unjustly (4:29)

34. Family should be lead by men (4:34)

35. Be good to others (4:36)

36. Do not be miserly (4:37)

37. Do not keep envy (4:54)

38. Judge with justice between people (4:58)

39. Do not kill each other (4:92)

40. Do not be an advocate for deceitful (4:105)

41. Standout firmly for justice (4:135)

42. Cooperate in righteousness (5:2)

43. Do not cooperate in sin and aggression (5:2)

44. Dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine are prohibited (5:3)

45. Be just (5:cool

46. Punish for crimes in an exemplary way (5:38)

47. Strive against sinful and unlawful (5:63)

48. Avoid intoxicants and alcohol (5:90)

49. Do not gamble (5:90)

50. Do not insult others’ deities (6:108)

51. ’Having majority’ is not a criterion of truth (6:116)

52. Don’t reduce weight or measure to cheat people (6:152)

53. Do not be arrogant (7:13)

54. Eat and Drink, But Be Not Excessive (7:31)

55. Wear good cloths during prayer times (7:31)

56. Forgive others for their mistakes (7:199)

57. Do not turn back in battle (8:15)

58. Protect and help those who seek protection (9:6)

59. Keep Purity (9:108)

60. Never give up hope of Allah’s Mercy (12:87)

61. Allah will forgive to those who have done wrong out of ignorance (16:119)

62. Invitation to God should be with wisdom and good instruction (16:125)

63. No one will bear others’ sins (17:15)

64. Be dutiful to parents (17:23)

65. Do not say a word of disrespect to parents (17:23)

66. Do not spent money extravagantly (17:29)

67. Do not kill your children for fear of poverty (17:31)

68. Do not approach unlawful sexual intercourse (17:32)

69. Do not pursue that of which you have no knowledge (17:36)

70. Speak to people mildly (20:44)

71. Keep aloof from what is vain (23:3)

72. Do not enter others’ house without seeking permission (24:27)

73. Allah will provide security for those who believe only in Allah (24:55)

74. Do not enter parents’ private room without asking permission (24:58)

75. Walk on earth in humility (25:63)

76. Do not neglect your portion of this world (28:77)

77. Invoke not any other god along with Allah (28:88)

78. Do not engage in homosexuality (29:29)

79. Enjoin right, forbid wrong (31:17)

80. Do not walk in insolence through the earth (31:18)

81. Lower your voice (31:19)

82. Women should not display their finery (33:33)

83. Allah forgives all sins (39:53)

84. Do not be despair of the mercy of Allah (39:53)

85. Repel evil by good (41:34)

86. Decide on affairs by consultation (42:38)

87. Try for settlement between people (49:9)

88. Do not ridicule others (49:11)

89. Avoid suspicion (49:12)

90. Do not spy or backbite (49:12)

91. Most noble of you is the most righteous (49:13)

92. Honor guests (51:26)

93. Spent wealth in charity (57:7)

94. No Monasticism in religion (57:27)

95. Those who have knowledge will be given a higher degree by Allah (58:11)

96. Treat non-Muslims in a kind and fair manner (60:cool

97. Save yourself from covetousness (64:16)

98. Seek forgiveness of Allah. He is Forgiving and Merciful (73:20)

99. Do not repel one who asks (93:10)

100. Encourage feeding poor (107:3)

Sorry, just being curious here, if these are in the Quran then which 'Quran' are those bloody Boko Harams quoting from? Please furnish me with answers don't bombard me with insults at least you said this here; 26. Do not be rude in speech (3:159) and here 99. Do not repel one who asks (93:10)
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by gentle12: 2:14pm On Apr 12, 2013
samcro: Q d

Well! the Qur'an has spoken,the Imams have spoken and Alfas have equally spoken,the deaf would continue to ignore the message,just like the mischievous would continue to deny the truth.
But one thing is certain,DEATH and JUDGEMENT DAY,ALLAH will bear them witness that,they have warned you,they have guided you,but you chose to ignore the truth and you secured yourself a free ticket to HELL. Continue to twist HIS message,continue to misrepresent HIS words,one day ,you will stand before your creator all alone to give accounts of your stewardship,all ALONE
Alhamdullilah,I am a MUSLIM

3 Likes

Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by deols(f): 2:22pm On Apr 12, 2013
gentle12:

Well! the Qur'an has spoken,the Imams have spoken and Alfas have equally spoken,the deaf would continue to ignore the message,just like the mischievous would continue to deny the truth.
But one thing is certain,DEATH and JUDGEMENT DAY,ALLAH will bear them witness that,they have warned you,they have guided you,but you chose to ignore the truth and you secured yourself a free ticket to HELL. Continue to twist HIS message,continue to misrepresent HIS words,one day ,you will stand before your creator all alone to give accounts of your stewardship,all ALONE

Exactly my thought. Even after everything was explained to him, he kept on posting and spamming the thread.

and when they get banned, they start to cry wolf.
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by jaydigo: 2:32pm On Apr 12, 2013
Ά̲̣̥ℓℓ of u r jst †ђξ same plz u see †ђξ truth but refuse to acknowledge it. Read that well....
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by samcro: 2:41pm On Apr 12, 2013
gentle12:

Why are you talking rubbish like this bloody hypocrite..so all what I quoted isn't in the quran abi u cari am go judgement day say I dey twist words of Allah.Wtf are you onthere is nothing wrong if you can't face the truth,cos if those 100 things are what the Quran is truly about we won't have terrorist
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by wazobiaforu(m): 2:44pm On Apr 12, 2013
sureteeboy: no prob. 2:190 Fight in the way of Allah those
who fight you but do not
transgress. Indeed. Allah does
not like transgressors.
2:191
And kill them wherever you
overtake them and expel them
from wherever they have
expelled you, and fitnah is
worse than killing. And do not
fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram
until they fight you there. But if
they fight you, then kill them.
Such is the recompense of the
disbelievers.

IS IT COMPLETE NOW?

“But these enemies of mine who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here, and slay them before me.” (Luke 19:27) 

·       Non-believers will be damned  (Mark 16:16)

·       You (Jews) brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? (Matthew 3:7)

·       Children (Jews) of kingdom cast into outer darkness (Matthew 8:10-12)

·       Non-believers in Jesus are condemned to hell (John 3:18)

·       Jews are of their father, the Devil (John 8:44)

·       You (Jews) are not of God (John 8:47)

·       If a man abide not in me ... cast into fire (John 15:6)

·       He that hate me hates the father (God (John 15:22-25)

·       Whoever kills you (Jews) will think he does God a service (John 16:2, 3) 

Hitler quickly picked up this Christian rhetoric.

Hitler addressed the world at the passion plays of Oberammergau in 1942 He said: “his blood be on us and our children....[Matthew 27:25], maybe I’m the one who must execute this curse..... I do no more than join what has been done for more than 1,500 years already. Maybe I render Christianity the best service ever! “ Hitler also said “And so I believe to-day that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator. In standing guard against the Jew I am defending the handiwork of the Lord.”

I want you to know God is Alpha and Omega, and God words does not have expiry date, God of yestday is also God of today, God dont change

Deuteronomy
Chapter 2 :
33 And the LORD our God delivered him before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people. 34 And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain. ( So Moses and his army killed women and children. Moses broke the 6th commmandment, thou shall not kill ANYONE)

Deuteronomy
Chapter 7:
2 And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor show mercy unto them
5 But thus shall ye deal with them; ye shall destroy their altars, and break down their images, and cut down their groves, and burn their graven images with fire. 6

Deuteronomy
Chapter 13
9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God

Numbers
Chapter 31
17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves ( almost all the Nigerian lady will be kill)

1Samuel 6:19-20
And he smote of the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of Jehovah, he smote of the people seventy men, `and' fifty thousand men; and the people mourned, because Jehovah had smitten the people with a great slaughter. And the men of Beth-shemesh said, Who is able to stand before Jehovah, this holy God? and to whom shall he go up from us?

1 Kings 20:35-36
 Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!" But the man refused to strike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him.

What?!

Ezekiel 9:5-7
 "Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told."

Another massacare.

eremiah 51:20-26
 "You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. With you I will shatter shepherds and flocks, farmers and oxen, captains and rulers. "As you watch, I will repay Babylon and the people of Babylonia for all the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth! I am your enemy," says the LORD. "I will raise my fist against you, to roll you down from the heights. When I am finished, you will be nothing but a heap of rubble. You will be desolate forever. Even your stones will never again be used for building. You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD.
Another massacre, same old story.

Exodus 21:20-21
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property

So you can beat the hell out of your slave as long as the slave does not die, this is straight from the Bible
-------------------------------

I challenge any Christian to come and tell me those verses which I posted are not evil and not terrorism,

NB: Jesus was in heaven before every other prophets according to Bible and even some people call him God, so if you tell me those things happened before Jesus that mean you are contradicting
------------------------------
If you dont want Muslim to explain the verses you qouted then dont explain this, let just accept they are promoting terrorism also the way you believed in your qoutes.

My point is LIVE and let others LIVE, let stop religious fight or trying to spoil others religion, there will never be ONE religion till end of the world. Leave God to handle it all

5 Likes

Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by abdul23(m): 3:08pm On Apr 12, 2013
Alhamdulillah.may Allah continue to guide us among those he has guided.

1 Like

Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by bintalabi(f): 3:41pm On Apr 12, 2013
assalam alaekium, pls someone should explian no 15
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by Keemie(f): 4:06pm On Apr 12, 2013
You should not remind a person you helped that he or she should be grateful to you cos you've helped the person before. That's my own view. Allah knows all.
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by Wizeboy(m): 4:18pm On Apr 12, 2013
bintalabi: assalam alaekium, pls someone should explian no 15

15. Do not invalidate charity with reminders (2:264)

What this verse mean to my own best understanding is that: You should NEVER make reference to any good deeds, sadaqah (charity) or Zakat you give out to people.

By announcing your good deeds or sadaqah to the world before or after it has been given out will definitely invalidate it, as you will have no reward on such good deeds again. That is why, the best form of good deeds and sadaqah you can give out is to give it in private without other people knowledge.

May Almighty Allah continue to guide us.... (Amin)

2 Likes

Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by Aifey(m): 4:32pm On Apr 12, 2013
Evrytin boils down 2d 10 commandments. People are bein deceived by religions. Whether tradional, christien, muslim they are just d same. We humans are d problem of d earth n not religion.
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by omoelu1(m): 4:33pm On Apr 12, 2013
the perfect guide for the perfect way of life. jadha ka llahu khairan to the brother who posted this.
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by azezola(m): 4:34pm On Apr 12, 2013
jzk
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by leking: 4:36pm On Apr 12, 2013
ALLAHU AKBAR
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by kazeemovic1: 4:43pm On Apr 12, 2013
maclatunji:

An Admin does not need to hide it but you should quote the verses in full if you are not up to mischief. I know it will be difficult for you, you copied from an antiIslamic website.

The verse was refering to the time of war between the makka pagans and the muslims. Remember, pagans not christians. All thru those wars, xtians, children and women were protected.
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by sureteeboy(m): 4:50pm On Apr 12, 2013
IbrahimB: @OP Thanks for the beautiful piece smiley

LoL. What's there to hide? . The verses don't do anything but add strength to the OP's post, which I'm sure wasn't your intention tongue. Let's look at the verses shall we? wink

1. Quran 2:190-193

a) The verses tell us to fight those who fight us. What exactly is the problem here? Is there any self-respecting country or community now that would fold it's arms when being attacked? Is there any self-respecting man that will turn the other cheek if someone were to storm his house and molest his wife and children? No. Commonsense rules such a person to defend himself. On the contrary we have countries nowadays attacking other countries that haven't fought them in the name of preemptive strike based on doctored documents.

b) "And do not transgress limits. Verily, God doesn't love the transgressors."

Even when we fight, when we have to, God tells us to avoid transgression. Brother, is there anything more beautiful than that? cheesy. No killing of children, women, animals, burning of trees, killing of monks, mutilating corpses and so on. This is in contrast to what goes on when a godless nation gets upper-hand over its enemies. And indeed in contrast to what obtains in the Bible.

That's just one example. I'm sure your pastors don't read that to you in church or do they? Even if for the sake of history lessons? No? tongue So what's the problem if God asks not to transgress limits, even when we are engaged in fighting?

c) "If they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression"

This clearly mentions that if the enemy inclines to peace, we should stop fighting except against those who still seek to oppress us. Is there any problem with that?

This above verse is further supported by another verse, Qur'an 60:8:

Honestly, I don't see what the problem is. I would advise you read the Qur'an - the WHOLE of it - rather than picking verses here and there. In that way, you will understand properly the context and the entire message of the Qur'an. Peace.
then why is my post eventually hidden! I'll fully reply u. But I can't let my post get hidden again. I'll send u a mail
Re: 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an by COOLDUN: 5:05pm On Apr 12, 2013
demmyboy1: Alhamdulilah for this wonderful piece of eye opener,i want to let those who are linking BH with Islam to pay close attention to numbers 14,36,39,94 and 96. Digest this words and come up with your conclusion.thanks

From the same quran the Boko Haram and other islamic terrorists are quoting their own verses to justify their actions, they are even claiming to be the best muslims while all of you who are shouting wao,wao on nairaland forum are keeping mute. Until you guys openly confront the terrorists in your religion, all the quotations in your quran will still be seen as meaningless .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Living With The Unseen(a Sister's Story) / How To Deal With Emotional Challenges And Hardships / Brazilian Hair, Peruvian Hair, False Lashes,and False Nails|What is the ruling?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.